Sun-dried tomatoes. Spinach. Onions. Olives. Pesto. Goat cheese.

by Meghann on May 21, 2012

Friday night the ingredients made a killer pizza.

Saturday afternoon they made a filling omelet.

And today they made a tasty quesadilla.

It’s only a shame the quesadilla used the last of it. I’ve grown a little obsessed with this combination (obviously) and could easily discover a dozen or so other ways to consume them. Deeee-licious. ;)

With fresh carrot sticks on the side.

Lunch is served.

Reading List

I finished “50 Shades Darker” this morning. And – just as I said on Saturday – it was so, so, so much better than the first one. The storyline was what pulled me in this time around (not so much just the *cough* “good stuff”) and I found myself getting all giggle-y with the ending. The third book has already been downloaded, ready to be read. Five bucks says I have it finished by Friday. ;)

And just to mix it up a little bit, I’m starting “The Art of Racing In The Rain” after I finish the 50 Shades trilogy.

ArtofRacing.jpg

The book is the first up for discussion in the book club a few friends and I recently started in the area. The story is told through the voice of the dog and is about the love the dog shares for his owner, as his yearning to be a man so he can help with his owner’s struggles. I can’t wait. :)

After I finish “The Art of Racing,” I downloaded “Running of the Bride: My Frenzied Quest to Tie the Knot, Tear Up the Dance Floor, and Figure Out Why My 15 Minutes of Fame Included Commercial Breaks” <– longest book title, ever.

running of the bride.jpg

This one is just for fun. ;) I like reading about other bride’s crazy experiences in planning their weddings, it reminds me that I’m not alone. :)

What’s on your reading list?

1 Samantha May 21, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I really need to get on the 50 Shades of Grey band wagon. I just need to know what all the hype is about. I’ve heard The Art of Racing in the Rain is great, too!
Samantha recently posted..Smoothie Roundup

2 Debby May 21, 2012 at 4:19 pm

A Dog’s Purpose is an EXCELLENT book – check it out next! I have Racing in the Rain and didn’t love it. I promise you’ll like the other. My 13 year old DD read it after I did and said “I can’t believe how good this book is!”. Any dog lover will take it to heart!

3 Melissa May 21, 2012 at 4:32 pm

I was going to recommend A Dog’s Purpose, too! I loved it and just bought the recently released sequel to this book called A Dog’s Journey. I can’t wait to read it.

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 21, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Minus the olives, I think I’d love that combination, as well! Yum!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Saturday Morning at the Farmers’ Market (+ a Panini recipe!)

5 beka May 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I loved the Art of Racing In The Rain! It was a good book :) I agree with Debby. You will enjoy it being the dog lover that your are.

I love making new meals with leftovers :)
beka recently posted..Sunday Funday and Cruise 2012 – Day 7 at sea

6 Owly Girl May 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm

You’d probably enjoy “Diary of a Mad Bride-To-Be” (as well as the sequel, “Diary of a Mad Mom-To-Be”). I really enjoyed both of them.

7 Kailey May 21, 2012 at 4:43 pm

I need to start reading 50 shades of gray – everyone says its pretty good!

Sundried tomatoes just make the world better in my book :)
Kailey recently posted..Zone Bar – White Chocolate Macadamia Nut

8 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City May 21, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I read The Art of Racing in the Rain and really like it! Be warned though, you will most likely cry. I sobbed through the first chapter!!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Monday Things

9 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats May 21, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I’ve read The Art of Racing in the Rain, I loved it being from the dog’s perspective!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..My Time Here is “Wither”ing Away…

10 erica May 21, 2012 at 4:55 pm

i have been hearing so much about this series…and all the…”good stuff”…lol.

i’m currently reading a light read, “twenties girl”…a good break from working through the game of thrones series. i think i’m going to read a few more fun light reads and go back to game of thrones.
erica recently posted..{birthday trip}: goodbye california

11 Dori May 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I read The Art of Racing in the Rain. It’s a sweet book! I’m reading Bethenny Frankel’s Skinnydipping right now. She fascinates me and it is really interesting reading what is clearly a very autobiographical account of her life.
Dori recently posted..UAE Healthy Kidney 10K Race Recap: My Brain During a Race

12 Macrae May 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Art of Racing in the Rain is sooooo good. You will cry your eyes out, but love it! It’s one of my absolute favorites- so happy y’all are reading it :)

13 Lindsey May 21, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I just started Lauren Conrad’s newest book, The Fame Game. I am also reading the Gossip Girl series right now, sorta in between other books. I just bought the 50 Shades of Grey series to read…
Lindsey recently posted..My First Race… As A Volunteer

14 Nanci May 21, 2012 at 6:01 pm

The Art of Racing In The Rain is a FNTASTIC book, I really enjoyed it. I have it in hardcover and it’s one I won’t give up. :) I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on it.
Nanci recently posted..Friend Makin’ Mondays: Three Things

15 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 21, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I loved the art of racing in the rain, definitely a must for dog lovers :)

Right now I’m reading “The Heart and the Fist”, it’s amazing! It’s written by a Navy Seal…he shares how he has been shaped and challenged by his humanitarian work in many countries, as well as the times he spent in combat. Definitely one of those books that gives you a new perspective on the world. I highly recommend it!
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Homemade French Bread

16 Hillary May 21, 2012 at 6:35 pm

I’m taking a break from the Game of Thrones series right now, but I’m planning on starting the 5th book this weekend. They are SO GOOD.

17 Annette @FitnessPerks May 21, 2012 at 6:59 pm

That combo sounds AHHHHmazing (minus olive. Yucky)! I love goat cheese & I swear it makes the meal just WORK :)

18 Laura May 21, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I’m not sure I’ll ever want to read 50 Shades of Grey. I’m mildly curious but just not interested.

I hope you like The Art of Racing in the Rain! I loved it, and it’s a quick read. However, I would suggest that you don’t read it on a plane. Missing your dog and tears from the book… not a pretty face!

19 Courtney May 21, 2012 at 8:39 pm

The Art of Racing in the Rain is amazing!
Courtney recently posted..Floatin’ the Guadalupe

20 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama May 21, 2012 at 8:55 pm

I loved the “Art of Racing”! I actually have a friend who named her son Enzo after the dog.
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..My First Marathon Training Plan

21 Jordan May 21, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey last Tuesday, and I just finished the third one today. You’re right, the second has more of a story line, and just wait till you read the third!
Also, you were right that there came a point I could not put it down! These books are addictive!

22 brandee May 21, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I can’t wait to hear what you think about The Art of Racing in the rain…I’ve had it on my to read list for awhile now!

23 Erin May 21, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I tried to read The Art of Racing in the Rain but started bawling halfway through the first chapter and couldn’t do it. I’ll be interested to see what you think!
Erin recently posted..Too Much of a Good Thing

24 Liz May 22, 2012 at 6:44 am

The Art of Racing.in the Rain is SO GOOD. I don’t even remember how I came across it but I read it last year and loved it!
Liz recently posted..Blogger’s Quilt Festival

25 Amy May 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

I loooved The Art of Racing in the Rain.

I made the mistake of reading it on a road trip, and I missed my dog like crazy as a result.

When she looks at me funny, I often wonder if she’s speaking to me now. :)
Amy recently posted..Summer, Swimmimg, Salad

26 Cait's Plate May 22, 2012 at 8:54 am

I’m currently reading “The Marriage Plot” and loving it!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..High Five

27 Janet May 22, 2012 at 8:55 am

Curious to hear your thoughts on Art of Racing in the Rain. I am a huge dog lover (they are our kids). I love to read, I just knew this book would be a new fave when our book club picked it. It was horrible. There were parts that made me so angry I wanted to punch the a–hole who wrote it. Truly, dog lover & this book are opposites. If he was my neighbor, I would report him & have his dog taken away. It is really that bad. I cried for Enzo (& real life dogs with owners that cruel).

28 CampingGirl May 22, 2012 at 8:30 pm

The art of racing in the rain is amazing! Especially if you are a dog owner!!
CampingGirl recently posted..Sleepless in Niagara Falls