Yawn

by Meghann on May 17, 2012

Please, Derek, tell us how you really feel about “The Descendants”

f610084aa08211e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

Yawn. I was right there with ya. It’s a good story, but it’s a fairly slow moving plot line. I would suggest not watching it at 8:00pm after a full meal. Keeping your eyes open does become difficult at that point.

I’m still sleepy writing this. Derek is still sleeping. Maddie is sleeping too. Better make this quick so I can join them. ;)

It was taco night tonight.

I amped up the veggie content of the by meal adding fresh carrot, zucchini, and mushrooms to the black beans, then seasoned the mix with chili powder, cumin, and fresh cilantro.

The beans filled two corn tortillas with tomatoes, olives, cheese, and lettuce.

So much color! That’s when you know it’s going to be good. ;)

I snacked on some mixed nuts this afternoon.

And had the last of yesterday’s carrot cake for dessert.

Earlier today I heard Derek opening a bag in the kitchen. I asked him what he was doing and he shouted back he was getting food. Then I heard “carrot cake? yuck!” HA! Serves him right for trying to steal my leftovers. If that had been chocolate cake, it would have been gone in a heartbeat.

Yawn. Sleepy sleep time.

Good Night!

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 17, 2012 at 10:34 pm

That carrot cake just looks amazing…even still today! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Motivational Thursday

2 Annette @FitnessPerks May 17, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Hah. That is a funny story–about him trying to sneak leftovers. I usually know certain things are ‘safe’ around here too. Goodnight!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Roasted Chickpea Snacks

3 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 18, 2012 at 7:16 am

I really wanted to see the Descendants. I’ll remind myself not to watch it past 8pm. Hah. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Larabar Uber!…

4 Lindsey May 18, 2012 at 8:11 am

I do the same when my husband is in the fridge and thinking he might steal something of mine! So nosey and bossy I am ;)
Lindsey recently posted..A Favorite New Snack–Sharkies

5 Emily N May 18, 2012 at 9:02 am

Good to know that he knows when to leave your leftovers alone! ;-)
Emily N recently posted..Hill Sprints

6 Cait's Plate May 18, 2012 at 10:16 am

That’s so funny cause I’ve heard such good things about that movie!!

Also, this is random but it’s so funny that Derek is laying with his hand like that because my boyfriend does the EXACT same thing and so did my boyfriend before him! I always make fun of it but maybe it’s just an innate guy thing!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Senses

7 Megan @ Megorade May 18, 2012 at 10:23 am

lol my bf always eats my leftovers and I like it that way. I am weird about germs and never eat leftovers so it works out well for us. I think if I wasn’t a totally crazy person and actually enjoyed leftovers I would be mad if he ate them.

8 Elisabeth May 18, 2012 at 11:00 am

I actually LOVED the Descendants – even saw it 2x at the theater ;)

9 Laura @ My Pink Thumb May 18, 2012 at 11:06 am

Aww surprised you weren’t a big fan. Although it’s not a movie I’d ever watch again, hubby and I both loved the Descendants. George was amazing in it!

10 Sarah S. May 18, 2012 at 11:51 am

I would definitely suggest reading the book. The movie is good but the book has so many more details that make it neat. The youngest daughter is even more hilarious with her little comments here and there.

11 Meghann May 18, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I wasn’t even aware there was a book. Thanks for the insight!

12 Jess May 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm

It’s too bad you couldn’t get into The Descendents. It’s a great movie! I am actually family friends with the screenwriter and director of it. It was super cool watching him get his Oscar this year.
Jess recently posted..Wanted: Running Partner

13 Meghann May 18, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Wow! That’s exciting! :) It’s wasn’t a bad movie, it just wasn’t our style. congrats to your family friend! :)