A Day for Moms

by Meghann on May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful mamas, mamas-to-be, and fur-mamas out there!

Love you, Mom!! :)

My brother and his wife hosted a lovely brunch Mother’s Day this morning. It was their first official hosting gig in their new home as a married couple and I think they did a fabulous job.

There was definitely not a shortage of food! They’d been up all morning preparing endless amounts of eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, waffles, pancakes, french toast, bagels, and fresh fruit salad. The spread was nothing short of amazing. I <3 breakfast food!

And it wasn’t just Mother’s Day we were celebrating…

A belated rendition of “Happy Birthday” was belted out in honor of Kelly’s 25th birthday!

Ashley made funfetti birthday pancakes just for her!

I filled my plate with a little bit of everything (even a funfetti pancake!). Everything was delicious, but my favorite was the french toast casserole Ashley made. It’s a recipe her mom used to make every Christmas morning and I could see why it was always a big family hit. I went back for a second piece. :)

After breakfast came presents.

I hope you enjoy your massage, Mom!

My mom and her mom.

Ashley’s lovely family.

And Josh (my twin brother) may not have been there in person, but he was there in spirit (and via Facetime <- gotta love technology).

I’m pretty sure he was still working the same shift at the hospital that he was when we talked to him last night via Facetime. Whoa. We missed you Dr. Josh.

There’s nothing better than a morning full of family. Thank you, Ashley and Ben, for hosting us this morning and thank you mom for being the best mom in the world. (Of course, I may be bias. ;) ) Derek and I are currently on our way to the other coast to spend time with his mama. Double the family time, double the love. :)

Have a great Mother’s Day everyone!

1 Sana May 13, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Reading about your family always makes me happy! Enjoy the day!

2 Nanci May 13, 2012 at 2:11 pm

What a great morning! Love how you included your brother in the photo via Facetime, that’s awesome!

3 Natalie May 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm

French toast casserole? Um YES PLEASE! Have you ever made french toast with brioche or challah bread? It is also to die. I’m glad you’re having such an awesome day! I live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming which is 10 hours from my Mom and I miss her so bad today! Have fun dearie!

4 wymberley May 13, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I love how important family is to you!

5 Mary May 13, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Poor Josh! I feel for him! I worked last night as well. He definitely is probably right where you left him when you talked to him last night! Enjoy your day!

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 13, 2012 at 4:14 pm

How sweet!! Looks like a special day with lots of love … and food!! ;)

7 Corey @ Learning Patience May 13, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Looks like a fabulous celebration!

xoxo from Trinidad

8 Jess Jann May 13, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Your fam is super cute! love reading your blog! happy mothers day!!! <3

9 Erica May 13, 2012 at 6:02 pm

What a great way to celebrate Mother’s day! We did brunch too. I need to make cake like pancakes soon. Have a good night

10 Sara@RunningInPinkProject May 13, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Ahhh what a fun brunch! I was missing my mom today! I need to make a trip home to visit with her soon. :)

11 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 13, 2012 at 8:32 pm

aw, looks like such a fun day! Your family is adorable and the funfetti pancakes are making me hungry!

12 Ash Bear May 13, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Those pancakes look amazing! I think I’m making myself birthday pancakes this year after years of seeing y’alls amazing breakfast celebrations!!! Love seeing the family together and how often you use Face Time!

13 Caroline May 13, 2012 at 9:51 pm

It’s so great that so many of you could be together! Doesn’t technology make days like this so much easier? My family did a conference call between all of us that spanned across 3 different time zones! It’s fun to be able to do things like that!

14 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 14, 2012 at 1:09 am

Looks like a great brunch! :)

15 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats May 14, 2012 at 3:05 am

They must have been so excited to host their first event as a married couple! Too cute!

16 PaigeP May 14, 2012 at 9:53 am

Any chance Ashley would be willing to share her french toast casserole recipe with your readers? :)