Throbbing

by Meghann on May 10, 2012

I didn’t feel too hot when my alarm went off this morning. My head had been killing me all night and getting up didn’t help. My plan was to attempt to run this morning, but just taking Maddie outside proved to be a challenge – by that point my head was throbbing so much, I was getting sick to my stomach.

I took a couple of Advil and climbed back into to bed. I laid there for about two minutes before rushing to the restroom. Apparently the Advil didn’t agree with my stomach.

I’ve only had a handful of migraines in my life, but everyone of them felt like complete torture. My stomach felt better after rushing off to the bathroom, but my head was still throbbing and the room felt about a million degrees. I climbed back in bed on top of the covers and just tried to think of anything else.

Eventually I was able to snooze off and, thankfully, by the time I woke with Derek’s alarm an hour later, I felt a LOT better. I was even able to take Maddie for a little bit longer of a walk around the block this time.

I took the headache as a sign to rest and take it easy this morning. I’ll try running again tomorrow, my legs feel better, but mentally I’m not there yet. I’m fine with that.

Luckily, my appetite came back after I got up the second time. The sick-to-my-stomach feeling was gone and I was ready to eat.

This was a big bowl of cantaloupe topped with peanut butter, plain Chobani, strawberries, walnuts, and Quaker Oatmeal Squares.

It was a hefty mix of flavors and textures, but it managed to all come together. :)

*knock on wood* I already feel a lot better – let’s hope this pattern continues for the rest of the day!

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life May 10, 2012 at 9:47 am

Great practice in listening to your body, Meghann! I think it’s a good thing to do!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Gangs of New York – my thoughts.

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 10, 2012 at 9:50 am

I hope you are feeling better! The best medicine to take for a migraine is Excedrin Migraine. It is the only medicine that works for me. It gets rid of the migraine pretty quickly too.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..For Every 99 Times…

3 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 10, 2012 at 9:52 am

Your breakfast looks amazing! Hope you feel better!

4 Sana May 10, 2012 at 9:52 am

:( feel better!
Sana recently posted..Sleeping In The Library

5 Michelle M. May 10, 2012 at 9:57 am

Feel better! migraines are horrible horrible. Mine get so bad sometimes the only thing that will ease them is getting a shot in the hip from the doctor and sleeping it off after that.
Michelle M. recently posted..Teenagers….

6 jen May 10, 2012 at 9:59 am

oh no! i got a migraine DURING a half marathon- it sucked. I still PR’ed, and then proceeded to nearly throw up on the subway going home.

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 10, 2012 at 10:00 am

I hope you continue to feel better! I’ve never had a migraine so I can’t sympathize!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

8 Cait's Plate May 10, 2012 at 10:01 am

Ugh migraines are the absolute worst. I used to get them all the time when I was little. Glad you woke up feeling better – there’s nothing worse than when it lasts all day!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Chocolate Molten Lava Flop

9 Erica May 10, 2012 at 10:09 am

yucky! Unless I take in food while taking advil…my tummy always gets upset. Hope you continue to feel better and better. I need to pick up those oatmeal squares- so good
Erica recently posted..Weekend & Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal

10 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City May 10, 2012 at 10:38 am

I’ve never had a migraine but it sounds awful- feel better and rest up!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Tuna Melt Zucchini Boats

11 Margo May 10, 2012 at 10:39 am

You poor thing! Good idea to take it easy, and happy to hear you’re on the mend. Hope you’re back to 100% soon!
Margo recently posted..Brownies for Game Night

12 Erin May 10, 2012 at 11:19 am

Aww I hope you continue to feel better throughout the day. Good call on taking a breather- you’ve earned it :)
Erin recently posted..Cauliflower Pizza Dough

13 Victoria @ Running Peanut May 10, 2012 at 11:44 am

Next time, two Excedrine and a few sips of Coke Fatty (a.k.a. real coke – you need the sugar), then nap. Trust me. I got migraines all the time during law school and the first few years of practicing. Hmm, wonder why?
Victoria @ Running Peanut recently posted..barre54

14 Meghan @ Run With Meg May 10, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Migraines are the worst and there is truly nothing you can do about them. Hope it doesn’t come back and you can enjoy the rest of the day!

15 Annette @FitnessPerks May 10, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I HATE migraines and feeling sick. So glad you got some extra rest–that always helps me out! Drink lots of water and some peppermint tea–totally helps!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Clif Luna Protein Bar Review + Workout

16 Dana May 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Migraines are no fun. Ice on your head, peppermint oil on your temples, chewing gum, and meditation (focus on making your hands feel warmer) all help me, but migraine triggers and relief techniques are different for everyone.
Feel better soon!

17 Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted May 10, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Glad to hear you’re feeling better now!

Wasn’t sure if anyone else is having this problem but I wanted to let you know whenever there is a “b” in the title of your post it shows up for me (Firefox at least) as just blank.
Lauren @ Sweet and Twisted recently posted..Restaurant Week