Sprouts

by Meghann on May 10, 2012

When feeling down, there’s nothing better than a puppy companion to see you through it.

“What? I didn’t do nothin’”

In all seriousness, I’m feeling loads better. The migraine came and went and my stomach has felt 100% since. Thank goodness. Migraines + stomach sickness = no fun. No fun at all!

Lunch was fantastic.

I had an egg sandwich with feta cheese, tomato, and sprouts on a whole wheat english muffin.

I’ve decided I don’t buy sprouts nearly enough! They add such a fresh, crisp punch to any sandwich and I’ve really been enjoying them on my sandwiches lately. The good and bad of it is the sprouts seem to be never ending (the container looks like I’ve barely touched it!), so I’ll be enjoying them for a while.

On the side were a few carrots with hummus.

IMG_3362.jpg

Carrot love. :)

A few things!

mealsandmilescartoon.jpg

• I had to laugh out loud when I saw it. I think she did a great job!

1 Allison May 10, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I love baby sprouts.and they have as much protien as an egg.

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 10, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I love that picture!! How did she make it?? Pretty cool! :)

3 Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers May 10, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. I’ve been fighting off something for the past week, and I need to get better before my hubby and I fly to Europe for our honeymoon!

4 RunEatRepeat May 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I love sprouts! I randomly got a lecture from a stranger about how they’re dangerous the last time I bought them though. I think it’s funny :)

5 Meghann May 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm

haha – everything is dangerous!!

6 Lauren May 10, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I love sprouts also. I’m a big fan of Vietnamese food and they use sprouts in everything! The dog is too cute!

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I love sprouts but I always find them to be so expensive in grocery stores!

8 Lindsay May 10, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I love sprouts and definitely don’t buy them enough, either! I used to grow them in my kitchen, and it was so easy…I should get back to that!

BTW, did you pay her to develop that graphic of you?

9 Meghann May 11, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I did not pay her, though I though I totally should! She did a great job.

10 Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel May 10, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Super cute FB logo! I just wanted to mention you might want to be careful about using the apple logo…. you never know what weird things you can get in trouble for these days! Love your blog, keep up the good work!

11 Megan @ The I Do Diaries May 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm

For some reason I never think about picking up sprouts at the grocery store! And then I see posts like this and think “I waaaant!” That lunch looks delicious, so simply and healthy yet yum. Glad you’re getting to feeling better!

12 Sarah May 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Absolutely love sprouts! You are so right, those things seem to last forever, and they make a sandwich so delicious! And carrots, yep, I can eat those like a rabbit

13 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Hope you feel 100% better soon! There is nothing like a puppy to comfort you when you’re not feeling good…my Kona cuddles with me on the bed whenever I’m feeling under the weather :)

14 Cait's Plate May 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I go in and out of sprout phases – I think it’s time they make a comeback. Love the Facebook picture!

15 Heather May 10, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Glad you’re feeling better. Migraines are awful!

16 JenL May 10, 2012 at 7:58 pm

WOW the resemblance on that icon of you is uncanny, except it needs an enagement ring! too cute

17 Courtney May 10, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I was sick today, too! Happy you’re feeling better! There is nothing like a furry friend to cuddle with when you’re not feeling so good … My dog kept nosing his way under my blankets on the couch, and his warm, sleepy breath on my hand was so soothing. :)

18 Kathy May 10, 2012 at 9:32 pm

That picture looks just like you! A cartoon you of course but, its cute!

19 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds May 10, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Oh my gosh… I love sprouts! Reminds me of the pita sandwiches my mom would make when I was growing up :) I love when foods bring back memories!

20 Greg May 11, 2012 at 12:20 pm

pic makes you look fat because there is no jawline

21 Meghann May 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm

ha – thanks for the heads up. noted.