Crazy Runner

by Meghann on May 9, 2012

The professional photos from Flying Pig were released online yesterday. I hope you’re ready for a laugh, because you are about to get one!

Awkward post-race photo with huge grin and medal? Check! ;)

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.09.40 PM.png

Completely delirious on my way to the finish line? Check! Do I look excited to almost be done, or what? ;)

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.10.33 PM.png

(also, that guy behind me is really concerned about his time – I hope he made his goal!)

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.10.50 PM.png

So. Close. Almost. There.

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.11.11 PM.png

Alright, let’s scoot back to the beginning, where I clearly already look like I’m in pain.

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.11.24 PM.png

Ha!! I wish the “F” wasn’t covering my face – it’s priceless.

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.11.38 PM.png

Smile for the camera!

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.11.52 PM.png

Here I am mid-race.

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.12.10 PM.png

Lots of profound thoughts going through my head. Obviously.

Screen shot 2012-05-08 at 9.12.21 PM.png

My friend Mary’s fiance was also able to score some good ones too. Well…. good ones of Kelly.

I, on the other hand, need to work on not getting so excited when I see people I know during a race.

Especially when there’s a camera.

oh, boy. that’s just creepy.

You are welcome.

Speaking of Flying Pig…. Here’s a collection of race reports from fellow bloggers who also ran on Sunday. I always find it interesting to hear other runner’s thoughts on races and wanted to share.

Have any more to add?

Summer is just around the corner (or really already here in Florida – it’s over 90 outside) and when I saw a caprese salad on special at Publix on Monday, I knew I wanted to replicate it at home.

I bought fresh mini balls of mozzarella and seasoned them with salt and dried basil. The mini balls were served over a freshly sliced tomato and drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a handful of walnuts.

I missed this combination. The tomato was perfectly ripe – I see a sandwich replica of this for tomorrow.

On the side I reheated the last of Monday night’s roasted potatoes and okra.

A quick lunch is a good lunch. :)

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life May 9, 2012 at 2:52 pm

That lunch looks incredible! YUMMMM.
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..wordless wednesday.

2 Mary @ food and fun on the run May 9, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I am going to be duplicating that caprese salad tonight after swim :) Looks delish!
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..6 Things Every Race Spectator Should Know

3 Jessica May 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Your excited to see the camera photo is priceless!
Lunch looks delicious. Must.try.okra. :)
Jessica recently posted..Monday Matters Mashup

4 Dori May 9, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Those aren’t so bad or crazy at all! By far the best one is Kelly smiling with you behind her all excited – love it!
Dori recently posted..Nike+ SportWatch GPS Review

5 kalli May 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm

thank god someone else does look a bit crazy in their race photos (like me!) i hate running race photos. i seriously look like an out of shape maniac! funny how i look totally different when i get photos of myself on my bike…..hmmmm starnge. you are rockstar anyways and super cute in ” real” life!
kalli recently posted..She can make you hot

6 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats May 9, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I LOVE getting back race photos! And I love your running outfit!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..WIAW–Home in Kansas City!

7 TRexRunner May 9, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hey Meghann, congratulations on your race! I wish I had been able to finish and get one of the “good” medals, haha! And your pictures definitely came out better than mine. Thanks for the link! I’m glad I got to check out your blog!
TRexRunner recently posted..The one that isn’t funny – Flying Pig Marathon Weekend, Part 2

8 Sana May 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I don’t get how running pictures are supposed to be cute? Does anyone look cute while running?
Sana recently posted..A Moment of Clarity

9 Mary May 9, 2012 at 10:00 pm

I know I dont! All of my pictures from flying pig , I look like hell!

10 Sana May 9, 2012 at 10:06 pm

If you manage to look cute in pics you are clearly not working hard enough :)
Sana recently posted..Sleeping In The Library

11 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life May 9, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Thanks for the add! I am so excited to read the other recaps. It is crazy how many different experiences can be had at the same race!

12 Grace @ Grace Dishes May 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Great pictures! You look amazing and have the energy to still SMILE through it :)

I love a good salad! Yours looks delish!
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Separation Anxiety

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 9, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I don’t think you look crazy at all! I think you look awesome! My race photos from Nashville are super funny … I look so determined to survive the heat! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I make chili in 80 degree weather because I can.

14 Lena @Fit on the Rocks May 9, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Yours look like glamour shots compared to the photos I had taken a week and a half ago haha. I literally look like a roaring T-Rex in one of my photos, short arms , contorted face, and all. It was hot.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..A Weekend With Blends- Part 1

15 Kathy May 9, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Way to go girl…those pictures are funny.
Kathy recently posted..The best (almost) thing about this weekend…

16 Julia May 9, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Nice pics! I couldn’t believe how fast they released them! I wrote a post that included several awkward runner photos from the Flying Pig Marathon: http://wp.me/pVLR9-1im
Julia recently posted..Marathon #11 Recap: 2012 Flying Pig Marathon

17 Kinley @ Better Off Barefoot May 9, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I don’t think I have commented before but these race pictures made me so happy so I just had to! The race photographers ALWAYS take horrible shots of me and I always thought it was just me but I am now convinced they have training in capturing those special faces that can not be replicated (nor probably should be replicated) in real life! Too funny!

PS, you make me want to run the Flying Pig now, hills and all :D

18 Yellow Haired Girl May 9, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Oh yum. Caprese salad. I need some now :)

Great photos!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..A Quiet WIAW

19 deva at deva by definition May 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Thank you for the link! I have been cracking up at all of my race photos. There’s the one where I”m giving a thumbs up holding a bottle of water, and then there’s the one where I look like I’m powerwalking.. and all my hair is billowing out around my headband.
deva at deva by definition recently posted..So, About that Half Marathon

20 Annette @FitnessPerks May 9, 2012 at 5:03 pm

that lunch looks so yummy!!!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Turkey Lasagna

21 Meagan @ Managing Meagan May 9, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Oooooh, race photos. How is it SO hard to get more than like 1 even semi-decent one?? However, I DO think yours aren’t so bad at all! At least you’re smiling in some! :)
Meagan @ Managing Meagan recently posted..WIAW Round 3

22 Eilidh May 9, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Haha, totally get the official race photos thing! I ran the Belfast (Northern Ireland) marathon on Monday and my photos were released today – hideous, and as for the finish video! I was sure I was running strong like a gazelle but I look absolutely crippled! But I’ve got the marathon bug again….! (Oh, and well done on your time :-))

23 Kali May 9, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I ran the full Pig too and my pics were just as awful, except for the finisher ones. I don’t know what it is about marathonfoto, but they always catch me at my worst, which is nice since I had such an awesome day!
Kali recently posted..Flying Pig Marathon 2012 Recap

24 Alex @ therunwithin May 9, 2012 at 6:16 pm

You look like the happiest runner in all of these!

25 Meghan @ Run With Meg May 9, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I love looking at race photos. Somehow the photographers always capture me at the lowest point in the race. I should really start saving them to look at when I’m having a bad day, they are hilarious.
Meghan @ Run With Meg recently posted..Where It All Started

26 Jessica May 9, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I couldn’t wait to see my race photos from the half pig and they were AWFUL! Dang it! I thought I would look great. I certainly did not! I love a good caprese salad. I had one for lunch right after the flying pig marathon on Sunday. Thanks for posting a link to my race recap!
Jessica recently posted..Flying Pig Half Marathon 2012 Race Recap

27 Margo May 9, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I think your race photos look amazing! Mine from RnR country music were terrible so I am glad to know some people can take good ones! How did you get the proofs saved to your computer? I can’t figure out how to get them from online..or did you purchase the proofs?

28 Meghann May 9, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I took screen shots.

29 Christine @ BookishlyB May 9, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I’m not trying to be a smart ass, but I was wondering about there being any possible repercussions in regards to using the photographer’s proofs without purchasing. I’ve always been really cautious, and I understand the debate, especially considering how much races cost (I’d much rather see a free picture coupon in my goody bag than some of the other stuff). So, I guess I’m asking you with all your social media background, is it okay/legal/PC?
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Document This: Doctors, Photography, and Coal Mining

30 Brianne May 9, 2012 at 8:22 pm

I was wondering about this too. Isn’t the whole point of the copyright watermark is so that people do not print or republish them?

31 Meghann May 9, 2012 at 8:34 pm

It’s a big debate. Callie wrote a really good post on it http://www.thewannabeathlete.com/2012/03/06/is-it-okay-to-use-watermaked-race-photos-in-blog-posts/ Check out the comments.

32 Brianne May 10, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thanks for the link! Interesting discussion.

33 Kira May 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Thanks for the link! My pro photos are just as awesomely bad. In one, I hardly look like I’m moving.
Kira recently posted..Flying Pig Marathon Race Recap

34 Missy May 9, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Okay, so the pics look good but…you’re not supposed to take those pictures , much less post them on your blog. That’s why they have a watermark. I know they’re overpriced and all, but watermarks are there for a reason. If I were you, I’d take those down before the photographer sends you a cease and desist….

35 Meister, Running While Smiling May 9, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Your photos are so great — I always love seeing smiling runners. (I guess that’s pretty obvious from, you know, the title of my blog or whatever…)
Meister, Running While Smiling recently posted..Guest Post from Smiling Runner Tom Walsh: Over the Southgate

36 Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty May 9, 2012 at 8:40 pm

I think you’re ‘excited-to-see-your-friends’ face is the best. You get so used to seeing strange faces that is truly is super exciting to realize you know the face!

Thanks for the links. I just spent the last 30 minutes reading all of the different experiences. It really did make me want to run it again with two good legs!
Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty recently posted..Race Recap: 2012 Flying Pig Marathon – Part 2

37 Angela @ Sleep and Repeat May 9, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Your lunch looks delicious! Mmmm, I love mutz :)
Angela @ Sleep and Repeat recently posted..Breaking for Lunch

38 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama May 9, 2012 at 8:42 pm

I actually had some decent photos from my race over the weekend. An added bonus – they were free! Love that!

Of course there were quite a few that were absolutely horrible. I think I’ll send them in to Skinny Runner for her bad race photos posts!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..WIAW – Spring Pizza

39 Cait's Plate May 9, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Love the homemade caprese salad idea! Yours looks amazing!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Chocolate Molten Lava Flop

40 Mary May 9, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I love that Brian was able to snap some pictures of you guys! I have one with the finisher medal as well. I didnt’ even want it my hands were full of food and my back was killing me. the lady shoved me basically in front of the thing and told me to smile. So i did! food in one arm medal in the other :)

41 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 10, 2012 at 12:52 am

Congrats on your race!! I was just thinking about making a caprese salad soon too, the weather in Vegas is already up to 99 this week!
Maura @ My Healthy ‘Ohana recently posted..Light Lemon Squares

42 Emily N May 10, 2012 at 8:22 am

Thanks for including me Meghann! Your pictures turned out pretty well. My friend Jes and I might actually buy one or the other of our digitally. Luckily we were together for the whole race so we can share a package!
Emily N recently posted..On Hobbies

43 Melissa @TryingtoHeal May 10, 2012 at 2:53 pm

hehe, i thought the mozzarella was marshmallows!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Here or There? by Biz

44 Nanci May 12, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I love how excited you are in the photos! In many of the pics from Rock N’ Roll Half that I did in February, I look so serious or worn out, lol.

Do you order photos from every race you do?
Nanci recently posted..Friday Fun