The professional photos from Flying Pig were released online yesterday. I hope you’re ready for a laugh, because you are about to get one!
Awkward post-race photo with huge grin and medal? Check! 😉
Completely delirious on my way to the finish line? Check! Do I look excited to almost be done, or what? 😉
(also, that guy behind me is really concerned about his time – I hope he made his goal!)
So. Close. Almost. There.
Alright, let’s scoot back to the beginning, where I clearly already look like I’m in pain.
Ha!! I wish the “F” wasn’t covering my face – it’s priceless.
Smile for the camera!
Here I am mid-race.
Lots of profound thoughts going through my head. Obviously.
My friend Mary’s fiance was also able to score some good ones too. Well…. good ones of Kelly.
I, on the other hand, need to work on not getting so excited when I see people I know during a race.
Especially when there’s a camera.
oh, boy. that’s just creepy.
You are welcome.
Speaking of Flying Pig…. Here’s a collection of race reports from fellow bloggers who also ran on Sunday. I always find it interesting to hear other runner’s thoughts on races and wanted to share.
- Emily @ Fun Fit Me: Flying Pig Marathon: Race Recap – Part I and Part II
- Deva @ Deva, by definition: So, About that Half Marathon
- Kira @ Cook Pray Love: Flying Pig Marathon Race Recap
- Steph Barnard: Flying Pig 2012: assorted thoughts
- Allie @ My Life as a Wife: 26.2 on my 26th
- Detroit Runner: Flying Pig Marathon Race Review
- Jessica @ Let’s Get Fit: Flying Pig Marathon 2012: A Personal Worst
- Jessica @ A Girl and Her Blog… and Her Dogs!: Flying Pig Half Marathon 2012 Race Recap
- C’est Le Vie Running Blog: Marathon #11 Recap: 2012 Flying Pig Marathon
- I Sweat Pretty: Race Recap: 2012 Flying Pig Marathon – Part 1 and Part II
- Janae @ Newly Wife Healthy Life: I am a Flying: Part One and Part Two
- The T-Rex Runner: The one that isn’t funny – Flying Pig Marathon Weekend
- Finishing Firsts: Flying Pig Marathon 2012 Recap
Have any more to add?
Summer is just around the corner (or really already here in Florida – it’s over 90 outside) and when I saw a caprese salad on special at Publix on Monday, I knew I wanted to replicate it at home.
I bought fresh mini balls of mozzarella and seasoned them with salt and dried basil. The mini balls were served over a freshly sliced tomato and drizzled with balsamic vinegar and a handful of walnuts.
I missed this combination. The tomato was perfectly ripe – I see a sandwich replica of this for tomorrow.
On the side I reheated the last of Monday night’s roasted potatoes and okra.
A quick lunch is a good lunch. 🙂