An Oldie

by Meghann on May 1, 2012

Check out what I saw pop up on Pinterest the other week.

Talk about an oldie! That’s my Peanut Noodle with Baked Peanut Tofu recipe from 2008. I actually got a kick out of it when I clicked the link and read the old post that was connected to it. It was the night before my first ever 15k (Miracle Miles), I was still single and living in Orlando, and Abbie and I went for a walk around our favorite park near my apartment. Awww… memories.

Here I am now, living in Tampa, engaged, and semi-carb loading for my 7th marathon (8th if you count my ultra!). Man, times have changes. I used to love making peanut noodles, and seeing that photo reminded me it had been ages since I’d made them at home. As soon as I saw the pin pop up, I knew I had to work the recipe into my dinner rotation for the week,

I used the same peanut sauce combo as before ( peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes), but mixed up the veggies with what I had on hand ( carrot, sugar snap peas, red cabbage, and onion) and had tempeh instead of tofu.

Yum. I accidentally went a little heavy on the soy sauce (whoops!), but besides that it was really tasty. Why don’t I make this more often again? I thought I would have plenty of leftovers, but Derek demolished the rest of what was left in the pan when he came home. I think he liked it. ;)

I had a Dark Chocolate attune bar for dessert.

And I taste tested the final LUNA Fiber flavor (Chocolate Raspberry) as my afternoon snack.

It had all of the qualities I enjoyed about the first two (soft-baked cookie shell, subtle raspberry filling), but I had to admit that it was my least favorite of the three flavor wise. The Peanut Butter Strawberry still reigns supreme, then the Vanilla Blueberry, and then the Chocolate Raspberry on the bottom.

I’m sure it didn’t help that the bar was also squished from my purse. :/ What can ya do? ;)

1 Sana May 1, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I loveeee pb noodles! So good!

2 Maura @ My Healthy 'Ohana May 1, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Mmm…those peanut noodles look so good! How are the Attune bars? I’ve never had them before.

3 Meghann May 2, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I love them! I eat them just like chocolate bars as a dessert :)

4 Teresa H May 1, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Meghann, how did you prepare the tempeh with the peanut sauce?! Did you bake like the tofu version of the recipe or crumble and stir fry?! Looks yummy!

5 Meghann May 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

I just crumbled the tempeh into the stir fry. :)

6 sally kate May 1, 2012 at 11:14 pm

O my goodness. I love peanut noodles but never make them because my boyfriend HATES peanut sauce. I know I know, he’s a weirdo. It would be a breaking point in the relationship if he didn’t do such a good job folding my laundry and making me laugh :)

7 emily May 1, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Yummy, I love peanut noodles! Your pictures have gotten so much better. Mine still look like the first set!

Do you mind sharing where that adorable bowl is from?

8 Meghann May 2, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Target! They have a really cute dotted collection out right now that I’m obsessed with.

9 Lena @Fit on the Rocks May 1, 2012 at 11:53 pm

It’s so fun coming across things that you had forgotten about, especially when your life was so different at that time. Every once in a blue moon, I go through my really old FB photos that were added back in the day when it was still only available at a few schools haha.

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats May 2, 2012 at 7:06 am

Haha I only started my blog last August and looking at my original posts from blogger always make me laugh.

11 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 2, 2012 at 7:34 am

Peanut Noodles sound so good! I’ve never made them before but always wanted to. I’m a fan of peanut butter so I figure I would like the peanut sauce too :)

12 Sneakers2Sandals May 2, 2012 at 7:52 am

Just clicked over to that post and saw that you were eating a Larabar. You were WAY ahead of the trend eating larabars in 2008!

13 Michelle M May 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

Tried the mac and cheese muffins you made for your sister’s shower, last night. I took them to a get together with some girlfriends and everyone LOVED THEM!! Thanks again

14 Meghann May 2, 2012 at 11:15 am

Yay! LOVED those mac and cheese muffins – glad everyone enjoyed them!

15 Emily N May 2, 2012 at 8:17 am

Hmmm, might not be a bad choice for a carbo-loading-ish dinner. Thanks for the suggestion!

16 Kat @ Balance & Spice May 2, 2012 at 8:48 am

I made that meal almost every day for months when I was training for triathlons. Takes five minutes to whip up, gets vegetables in, and tastes freakin’ awesome. I now want to make it again! It looks so yum from your photos. Can’t wait to try it.

17 Carolina @ Peas in a Blog May 2, 2012 at 9:23 am

Ooh this recipe looks so good, I love tofu & noodles so I’m going to have to try this one :)

18 Cait's Plate May 2, 2012 at 11:29 am

Gotta love Pinterest meals :)

19 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride May 2, 2012 at 11:44 am

Yum I am going to try to make these! I am always looking for an alternative to my favorite thai/chinese peanut butter takeout noodle dishes :)

20 Stephanie May 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Isn’t peanut sauce great? I made it for a cooking spring veg demo, and the Quick-Steamed Sugar Snap Peas with Peanut Sauce were the biggest hit. My favorite way to finish off a jar of PB too!