more ยป" />

Marathon Week

by Meghann on April 30, 2012

HAPPY MARATHON WEEK!!!

The countdown is ON! T-minus 6 days until it’s marathon time!

finish_swine.jpg

(p.s. How cute is the “Finish Swine”?! Can’t wait to cross it!)

We’re not leaving for Cincinnati until Friday morning, but the anticipation is already building. Eeekkkk…. so exciting! This is the time where the training is all behind us and we can focus on other details – like what to wear, where to eat, what to see and do, etc. – you know, the fun stuff. ;)

Fun news! I was selected as a member of the Flying Pig Social Media Team (see my blurb on applying for the team here)! This means that I’ll have some fun-behind-the-scenes access during the race – like the possibility of interviewing FPM officials and champions, as well as media credentials for the expo, finish line, etc. – and I’ll be tweeting live through the weekend on all things #FlyingPig, so be sure to follow me at @mealsandmiles for the latest updates. I think this is a really fun program that Flying PIg is putting out there and I can’t wait to be a part of it!

Live tracking is also now available, so if you’re impatient (like I am!) for race results, be sure to sign up here to track me live on race day. (full name: Meghann Anderson) No pressure. Really.

I’m a little behind on the Tone It Up Bikini Series Challenge, which means I somehow managed to put off Thursday’s workout until today. No worries. I set out for the HIIT IT: Size Shrinker workout, thinking I could just do the 90 second intervals around the block with Maddie.

Lesson learned: Maddie and intervals do not mix. She seems to only have one speed and when she’s not running, all she wants to do is sniff out the neighborhood. Instead of walking during the slower intervals, I tried to keep it to an easy jog to prevent Maddie from stopping to “smell the roses” but she didn’t quite understand what a jogging pace is (full speed. all the way). I pretty much gave up on the intervals half way through and just finished the 3 mile run with Maddie at her pace. She’s the boss.

We returned home and Maddie proceeded to destroy one of her toys (RIP Pink Llama), while I did the Self 8 Toning Moves.

Breakfast this morning was a simple bowl of cereal.

In the bowl:

• 1/2 cup Wheat Chex
  • 1/2 cup Multi-grain Peanut Butter Cheerios
  • Vanilla Chobani
  • Strawberries
  • Walnuts

The walnut addiction is back in full force. ;)

Have a great Monday everyone!

1 Kristy @ KristyRuns April 30, 2012 at 10:01 am

Love that finish line! And congrats on being part of the social media team!!

2 Cait's Plate April 30, 2012 at 10:12 am

LOVE Self’s “8 Easy Toning Moves” workout – I just did it for the first time yesterday and am already addicted!

3 Mary April 30, 2012 at 10:17 am

eek! I’m getting excited!
Awesome for you for being a part of the social media team!
See you this weekend! :)

4 Meghann April 30, 2012 at 10:22 am

Did you apply to be on it?! You should have! :)

5 Mary April 30, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Noo, I kinda wish I had! Then I realized I didn’t have many FB friends or Twitter followers. You’ll be a perfect representative though, You’re everything and anything social media! :)

6 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 30, 2012 at 10:24 am

So excited to follow your Flying Pig experience – I’m all signed up to track you and I will be cheering you on from VA :)

7 Madison April 30, 2012 at 10:35 am

You MUST go to Nada. Amazing, upscale, Mexican food. Or the Moeriein Lagar House. Both are downtown! Also, if you want any of the nitty-gritty details on the course, let me know and I can shoot you an email. I live in Cincy and run parts of the course everyday!

8 Meghann April 30, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Thanks for the food recs! I would love any tips on the course you may have, I’m a little scurred at the moment of the hills!

9 Kate May 1, 2012 at 9:42 am

I am a Cincy girl too and totally agree with Nada and Moerlein! I would check out OTR too! Try A Tavola for yummy pizza or Senate for crazy hot dogs.

10 Carolina @ Peas in a Blog April 30, 2012 at 10:41 am

Signed up to track you. Go Meghann Go! :)

11 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 30, 2012 at 10:59 am

Now that Tina’s Bootcamp is over, I’m going to have to take a look at these workouts!

12 Mary @ food and fun on the run April 30, 2012 at 11:07 am

Yay yay yay!! So excited for you this weekend! Relax this week and rest up to kill Flying Pig!

13 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 30, 2012 at 11:30 am

So exciting, enjoy taper week :)

14 Carrie April 30, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Wow the marathon is coming up so quickly – good luck!!!

15 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Haha love that finish line! Yay marathon week, you’re going to rock it! :)

16 Sandy April 30, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Love the “Finish Swine” idea…very cute!! Good luck on your race and those strawberries and walnuts are making me hungry. I am going to have to try that recipe since it looks so good!!

17 Savannah April 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm

How exciting! Good luck!! I ran my first marathon this weekend and am so tempted to fun the Pig half-marathon! Running is addictive!

18 Meghann April 30, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Congrats on your first marathon!!! And, YES, running is addictive. :)

19 Meister, Running While Smiling April 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I’m so excited for you! A great old friend of mine is running this weekend, too (he wrote a guest post about it on my running blog), and I can’t wait to hear how everybody does.

Wish I could be out there with you, and go gettem!!

20 Meghann April 30, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Thanks! I’m going to check his post out!

21 Emily N April 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm

EEEIIII! Its time! I am SO ready for this marathon.
And hooray for being one of the social media crew! Looking forward to all of the info from your twitter.

Oh – my team and I are meeting downtown for a quick one mile shakeout on Saturday morning and then headed to the expo, if you want a one mile shakeout…

22 Meghann April 30, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Would love to, but we’re planning on hitting up the expo on Friday and I’m not sure what our plans are for Saturday quite yet. :)

23 Part Time House Wife April 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm

gotta love the final count down week… Good luck! Sounds like a fun run.

24 Anna @BPM.TV April 30, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Thank you so much for the recipes and good luck on the marathon… I am hoping to beef up my workout routines and try a marathon in the fall.. love all your tips!

25 Brandi May 1, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’m doing the Flying Pig Half Marathon a second time around! Good luck on the full, I hear it’s just as amazing as the half!