more ยป" />

When 6 becomes 7

by Meghann on April 27, 2012

You know you’re a runner when…. you can recognize a fellow runner’s race shirt a mile away.

Today I saw the 2010 Gasparilla Half Marathon shirt (easy to spot since it’s lime green) and the 2009 Expedition Everest shirt (the single logo on the front gave this one away).

I actually love checking out race shirts during crowded morning runs or on the race course. It’s run to recognize certain shirts and know what people have done or where they have been. The best is when I recognize a shirt from a race that I’ve done in a totally different state. When I see people in a Florida race wearing their 10-10-10 Chicago marathon shirt or bright blue 2009 San Diego Marathon shirt it makes me smile. :)

I set out to run 6 miles this morning, but ended up taking a slight detour for a new route home and ended up running 7. No biggie, I probably should have been running 7 anyways. ;) The 7 miles were at a nice steady pace. My legs felt good and my body was relaxed – win.

After my run I had a bowl of apples with peanut butter, greek yogurt, and Kashi Go Lean Crisp for breakfast.

With extra peanut-ty goodness. ;)

Yum!

Happy Friday everyone!

1 Victoria (District Chocoholic) April 27, 2012 at 9:42 am

A guy stopped me on a trail to chat when he saw my Richmond Marathon shirt. It was like we were long lost friends.

2 Meghann April 27, 2012 at 11:55 am

I’m always tempted to stop people with shirts I recognize, but I’m scared to interrupt their run. However, I welcome when anyone stops me – I <3 chatting about races!

3 Jessica April 27, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love my 10-10-10 Chicago shirt but don’t wear it since it doesn’t fit well. I do wear my 2010 Gasparilla shirt even though it is lime green. I have a feeling cars see me better when I wear it! ;-)
Jessica recently posted..Thankful Thursday

4 Meghann April 27, 2012 at 11:56 am

My 10-10-10 Chicago marathon shirt is my FAVORITE marathon shirt! I wear it all the time! I have my blue 2010 Gasparilla Marathon shirt that I wish I could wear more often but the long sleeves don’t really work for long down here. :(

5 Jessica April 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm

So jealous! I wish I could wear it since it was my first marathon. I got a small thinking the shirt would run big like they usually do but it didn’t. :(
Jessica recently posted..Thankful Thursday

6 Cait's Plate April 27, 2012 at 10:05 am

I always feel like that about people wearing BC shirts – I haven’t run enough races to be excited about race shirts but I can ALWAYS get excited about other BC alums ;)
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Cake & Ice Cream

7 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats April 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

Haha I’m slowly recognizing race shirts around Chicago, hopefully I’ll see some more at my 10 miler next weekend!

8 Meagan @ Managing Meagan April 27, 2012 at 10:30 am

The first day my Husband and I were on our honeymoon I saw someone wearing a Grand Rapids, MI Marathon shirt from the weekend before (I ran the 1/2)! We were in JAMAICA! It was a great converstation starter. What a small world!!
Meagan @ Managing Meagan recently posted..I WON!

9 Meghann April 27, 2012 at 11:57 am

And that’s why I love running. It connects people you wouldn’t even know you had a connection to. It really is a small world! :)

10 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 27, 2012 at 10:44 am

I swear the best way to make gym buddies is to wear your race shirts to the gym! Each time I wear any of mine someone always comments about the race or ask questions about it. I love it!
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Napping or Spinning?

11 Meghann April 27, 2012 at 11:59 am

so true! I’ve chatted with people at my gym before too when in a race shirt. It’s also a great conversation starter in a race. My little brother wore his Nashville Marathon shirt when we ran Savannah and we had at least a dozen people chat him with along the way about the race.

12 mel April 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Just a word of advice…correct the title to “becomes” before people jump on your back! haha.

13 Meghann April 27, 2012 at 1:52 pm

it is “becomes”? is the “s” being left off in your browser?

14 mel April 27, 2012 at 2:26 pm

No, the “B” is. Weird!

15 Elisabeth April 27, 2012 at 8:19 pm

The ‘B’ is almost always not showing on titles on my computer for your blog – weird! ;)

16 Emily N April 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Good run!
Emily N recently posted..Two more Workouts

17 Nicole April 29, 2012 at 7:06 pm

What kind of peanut butter do you use? It always looks so drippy and delicious! I can’t stand te clumpy, fake jif-types and the natural ones I’ve tried seem to start out nice and drippy but then soon turn hard and clumpy:(

18 Meghann April 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

It’s PB2!(http://amzn.to/IZCuNK) I like that you can make it a little on the thinner side (by adding more milk) to turn it into more of a “sauce”