more ยป" />

Flowy

by Meghann on April 26, 2012

I believe I discovered the secret to big beachy hair this afternoon… forget a hair tie and take a yoga class with your hair flipping and flopping every which way. Results = crazy hair that kinda works.

527983_10101825272047033_5207154_76045212_982774434_n.jpeg

Now, the next time I’m looking to go out with big hair, I know what to do. Noted. ;)

I had a Groupon deal for a new yoga studio near me that had been burning a hole in my pocket. Actually, I purchased the Groupon months ago and forgot it existed. That seems to be a trend with me and Groupon deals lately. Must. Get. better. At. That. I rediscovered the deal yesterday when I was thinking about taking a yoga class. In the back of my head I had a faint memory I had purchased one and *poof* there it was. Perfect.

The deal is good for 10 yoga classes, which is just what I need right now. I took the “Flow 75″ class this afternoon and enjoyed the soothing flowly class to welcome my body back into the groove of yoga. I love hot power yoga classes as much as the next girl, but sometimes a gentle flow is just the ticket. I left the studio refreshed, stretched, and crazy haired.

Before the class I had the Vanilla Blueberry LUNA Fiber bar.

I think I liked the peanut butter strawberry bar better, but the vanilla blueberry wasn’t bad either. Again, I like how the blueberry is very subtle and the soft-baked cookie shell basically melts in your mouth.

I didn’t get home from yoga until after 7:00, so dinner was a mishmosh of what I could come up with quickly (I was hungry!).

I told you it was a mishmosh!

First up was the Annie Chun’s Potstickers I had impulsively picked up yesterday from Whole Foods.

IMG_2685.jpg

The potstickers weren’t bad. I heated them up in a little bit of olive oil, which gave them a nice crusty shell.

Continuing with the frozen food theme…. a steam-in-a-bag thing of rice with veggies was another quick grab.

And my version of easy sweet and sour red cabbage was more of the fresh food variety.

My version of sweet and sour cabbage:shred red cabbage into a frying pan with a little olive oil, vinegar, and drizzle of honey. Cook until soft. done.

It worked. :)

For dessert, my last two Tag Alongs from my Girl Scout cookie stash.

Until next year, Tag Alongs! :)

Anyone else still hoarding Girl Scout Cookies? Just me? ;)

The NFL Draft is currently going on, which I’ll take as my cue to head to bed early. No need to fight for the remote control tonight, that battle was lost before it began.

good night!

1 Sana April 26, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I could not care less about the NFL draft but the boy keeps updating me about it. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

2 Kat @ Balance & Spice April 26, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I’m terrible at remembering coupons. It’s worst when you buy one product over the other for the sake of a coupon (I.E., we just bought a microwave partly because it came with tupperware) and I forget to mail in the claim form. However, yoga, whenever it’s remembered, is a wonderful way to nourish your body (and rock out your hair, apparently!)

3 p April 26, 2012 at 11:09 pm

You look so pretty with your yoga hair!

4 Dione April 27, 2012 at 12:18 am

I have like 3 boxes of gs cookies in my fridge. We stretch them out all year long. #truestory

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 27, 2012 at 6:53 am

Love the hair … very pretty!! :)

6 Sarah w April 27, 2012 at 7:01 am

Nice hair. Bwahaha to the draft!! Agreed!!!! tho the DVR was recording 2 shows (that he likes too) when we got home so he grumbled and we watched Greys anatomy. But when that ended at 10 he promptly flipped to the draft. Goodnight!!! Lolol

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 27, 2012 at 7:03 am

those dumplings look so good! I haven’t had any of those probably since last summer!

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 27, 2012 at 7:28 am

Your hair looks pretty like that! :) I love dumplings. They look yummy! Speaking of which, I have some in my freezer that I should eat.

9 Katie D. April 27, 2012 at 8:11 am

I fell alseep during the NFL draft. It is so boring! My husband was going nuts texting his buddies about the picks.

10 Katie D. April 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

I bought 2 boxes of cookies and still have a box and a half left. I’m really proud of my self-control!

11 Emily N April 27, 2012 at 8:13 am

I have about 10 cookies left. The shortbread. :-)

12 Dana April 27, 2012 at 8:38 am

I do the same thing with Groupons. I started hanging them on the fridge so I have to look at them several times a day. So far I haven’t let any on the fridge expire without using them!

13 Meghann April 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

That’s a good idea! My problem is I don’t have a working printer in the house, so I never have a way to print them. :/

14 Kathy April 27, 2012 at 9:34 am

Yoga Hair is a keeper!

NFL draft is a downer!

15 Alyssa @ Don't Look Down April 27, 2012 at 10:02 am

I still have my one purchased Thin Mints box in my freezer. I gave up sweets for Lent and that’s why they’ve lasted this long.
For a while I wouldn’t let myself purchase any more Groupons because I kept letting them expire. Now, I actually put a reminder in my calender about 2 weeks before they expire so I remember to use them.

16 Nanci April 27, 2012 at 10:26 am

That sweet and sour cabbage looks delicious! Must try!

17 Corey @ Learning Patience April 27, 2012 at 10:50 am

I love those pot stickers…we can even get them here in Trinidad..whoo hoo

xoxo from Trinidad

18 Jessie @RunforFroYo April 27, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I still have a box of thin mints in my freezer.. Yum!!

19 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner April 27, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Love your hair–it looks very ‘Flash Dance!’ You also reminded me I have potstickers in the freezer–they make a great addition to an Asian-inspired dinner, don’t they? Happy Friday!

20 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice April 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Love your dinner. All my meals have been mish mash meals lately. I think it means MMM….because I’ve never really been disappointed in one of the mash ups.