Booty Burn

by Meghann on April 26, 2012

Good Morning!

Thursdays have become my “easy” mornings. No running, just a 2 mile walk with Maddie (aka The One Who Sniffs A Lot). It took us 30 minutes to complete the loop, then I followed Wednesday’s Tone It Up Bikini Series Challenge (remember, I’m a day behind) and completed the Bikini Beach Bum Workout on YouTube.

Only, it felt short, so I did it twice. My bum is now a burnin’.

The goal is to also hit a yoga class up this afternoon. :)

Breakfast!

I amped up my bowl of Hot Buckwheat Cereal with a 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese. I stirred it in during the last couple of minutes of cooking to add a touch of creaminess and a boost of protein filling power.

On top was a generous scoop of honey peanut butter, strawberries, and a small handful of Kashi Go Lean Crisp Cinnamon.

Delicious. :)

CONGRATS Katy and Lucas on their BIG announcement this morning! Head over to her blog to see the fun, creative way she broke the news!

I love it when my small town pops up in the news.

120425121717_titusville-tosh.jpg

I find this more amusing than anything, since I don’t have an opinion either way, but Daniel Tosh (who grew up in Titusville, graduated from the same high school I did in 1993, and whose mom works with my mom at the hospital) offered the city $7,000 to place a “Tosh 5.29″ banner on the city’s water tower to celebrate his 37th birthday on May 29th. The story has since made its rounds on Facebook because a) Titusville is in the news and Titusville is never in the news and b) many people can’t understand why the city said no. There is now this whole debate on whether the city should allow the sign up or not (city council already voted no 4-1). I guess you know it’s a slow news day when… Maybe the city should just charge him twice as much and call it a good publicity stunt for the city? Who knows.

Did you go to the same high school as any famous people? Cris Collinsworth (football player/sports announcer) graduated from Astronaut right before my parents started. My brother always found it amusing when he saw him on TV talking about his “War Eagle days.”

1 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio April 26, 2012 at 10:21 am

I’ve heard those workouts are awesome! Great job!!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Strong is the New Beautiful

2 Jess April 26, 2012 at 10:28 am

Joe Manganiello from True Blood, Mark Cuban the owner of the Dallas Mavricks and Kurt Angle the olympic wrestler

3 Talia April 26, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Pittsburgh!! :) I’m from there too (not the same school as yours but very close by!)

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 26, 2012 at 10:28 am

I went to a pretty small private school, so I guess the only “famous” people would be those who’ve done well in business… so basically no one exciting, haha.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts and a Book Thief

5 Meghan R April 26, 2012 at 10:29 am

I went to high school with NBA player Vince Carter. He graduated a year before me.

6 Sizzle April 26, 2012 at 10:31 am

Maybe Titusville doesn’t want to be associated with the (literally) worst “comedian” on the planet.

7 Margo April 26, 2012 at 11:07 am

Amen! Exactly what I was thinking!

8 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 26, 2012 at 10:34 am

I went to the same highschool as Cody from Step by Step! (Old childhood show!)
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..“Ask yourself: ‘Can I give more?’. The answer is usually: ‘Yes’.” -Paul Tergat

9 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups April 26, 2012 at 10:53 am

That’s so funny and random about the banner. I graduated in the same class from the same high school as Vienne from The Bachelor (also from Central Florida). We weren’t friends.
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Windy city recap: the wedding

10 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups April 26, 2012 at 10:54 am

*Vienna :)
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Windy city recap: the wedding

11 Sarah April 26, 2012 at 11:01 am

I went to High School with Michael Phelps. They actually renamed the street my high school is on from 69 Cedar Ave to 69 Michael Phelps Way.
Sarah recently posted..It’s Time for a Break

12 Cait's Plate April 26, 2012 at 11:12 am

Bruce Jenner went to my high school – our track/football stadium was actually named after him :)
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Happiness Is…

13 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds April 26, 2012 at 11:50 am

Kevin Federline went to my middle school :) Only two years apart!

14 Anna-Marie @ Beauty and the Beets April 26, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I went to high school with a Playboy Playmate (same class) – it is kinda cool because she is such a sweetheart and never lost her head!! Miss August 1993…
Anna-Marie @ Beauty and the Beets recently posted..Baconnaise? Ugh……

15 Gillian @ That's G April 26, 2012 at 12:12 pm

So funny about Tosh.0!

I went to the same junior high school as Amanda Bynes (while she was filming “What I Like About You.”) I was two grades behind her, but I would see her around campus sometimes which was weird.
Gillian @ That’s G recently posted..happy april 25th.

16 Annette @FitnessPerks April 26, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I love a good booty burn!! Some of those moves are very Pilates-esque, and so that makes me feel so good!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..100% Gold Standard Whey Protein

17 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 26, 2012 at 12:43 pm

I didn’t actually go to high school with anyone famous but Mitt Romney and Selma Blair are graduates. One of Selma Blair’s exes actually teaches at my old high school and I had him in 10th grade!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Almost Wordless Thursday

18 Michelle April 26, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Jordin Sparks was at my high school’s homecoming (she went to a neighboring high school and had friends at my school), and she hung out with my group. She’s such a sweetheart!

19 sam April 26, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Honest question, not trying to start dramaz. But why do HLBs tend to make these cryptic “I’m preggers” blog posts? LOL

20 Meghann April 26, 2012 at 3:44 pm

haha, what? Definitely not preggers here. Let me get through this wedding first, then we’ll talk.

21 sam April 26, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I was referring to the link you posted, not you silly :)

22 Cat April 26, 2012 at 3:44 pm

In the workout you did this morning, they have you doing a lot of hip lifts/bridges which are great. I usually have my students cross their hands across their chest though because it’s very tempting to start using your hands/arms to pull your body up, when you want to be using your butt, etc. to do the lifting in this exercise.

23 Miranda @ Biting Life April 26, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I went to high school (same class) as Erik Per Sullivan (he played Dewey in Malcolm in the Middle & was also in Christmas with the Kranks and Finding Nemo). We were actually really good friends! I remember he hugged me once and it was so weird to think that I was getting a hug from somebody kind of famous haha.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Healthy Mac ‘n’ Cheese

24 Jessica April 26, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I didn’t go to school with anyone that’s famous but Chris Collinsworth lives in Northern Kentucky now, just a few minutes from me. He stayed in the area, just outside of Cincinnati when he retired from playing for the Bengals. I see him occasionally out to dinner with his family or picking up his kids from school.
Jessica recently posted..Journey’s Journey 4

25 Heather April 26, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Carrot Top graduated from Cocoa High, lol. That’s our biggest celebrity.

26 Stacey Daly April 28, 2012 at 1:45 am

I went to the same high school as Josh Dallas from Once Upon A Time.