more ยป" />

I’m Going DZ at Discovery Zone

by Meghann on April 25, 2012

*I updated the wedding page today! Click over for a look back at all the details that went into creating my parents’ wedding day in 1982.*

I was really craving almond butter for lunch today. I haven’t had it in a while and knew it would be delicious with the other half of my (very large) pear from breakfast.

I was right – it was delicious. It was also fabulous with the sharp cheddar cheese and corn english muffin that I piled the combination on top of.

If you haven’t tried the cheese + pear (or apple) + nut butter combo yet, do it. Sounds funny, tastes amazing!

My spoon still had some extra almond butter on it, so I drizzled it over the fresh green beans on the side. Also, sounds like a funny combo, but it worked.

Maddie says hi!

This song has been stuck in my head all week thanks to Monday’s episode of Pawn Stars (Derek loves that show)

“I’m goin’ DZ at Discovery, discover what I can do on my own.”

Ahhhh…. LOVED Discovery Zone as a kid! We used to beg my parents to take us there when we were kids and would spend hours getting lost in the tubes or playing at the arcade. Good times. Good times.

Any 90s jingles been stuck in your head lately?!

Psstt…. CONGRATS to the winners of the LUNA Fiber giveaway (Beth, Amy J., and Lauren G.)! All the winners have been contacted and prizes are on their way! :)

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 25, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I had to click over bc I was a HUGE fan of DZ when i was a kid! We lived overseas so it was a special treat during summer vacations when we came to the states :)

2 Sana April 25, 2012 at 2:32 pm

You and your sweet and savory combos!

3 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats April 25, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I love pear and cheese but I’ve never tried it with nut butter, I bet it is good!

4 Cait's Plate April 25, 2012 at 3:12 pm

That lunch looks so yummy! I (luckily) don’t have any 90s tunes stuck in my head for right now but it’s only a matter of time!

5 Caitlin April 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm

i love pawn stars too! but my real favorite is storage wars- totally addicting.

6 Sarah @ RunningChickago April 25, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Your meal looks great! I’m low on groceries right now so I’ve been stuck trying to come up with good combos… and I have all of these ingredients, so I know what lunch will be tomorrow! :) Thanks for this delicious idea!

7 Emily N April 26, 2012 at 9:30 am

Oh my goodness. Thanks for sticking that in MY head now. Lol. My mom knows all lyrics to all jingles from the 80s & 90s. I swear it. And potentially every JCPenney lyric ever. :-)

8 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe April 26, 2012 at 10:23 am

I’m pretty sure there is ALWAYS a 90′s jingle in my head. And now DZ Discovery Zone is!