more ยป" />

Booty Call

by Meghann on April 25, 2012

Good Morning!!

Time for a Tone It Up Bikini Series check-in.

As I mentioned last week, the daily workouts are a bit delayed and all over the place. Because of this, I decided to hold off and just do the workouts a day later. There were no new workouts over the weekend (which was fine since I had my long run on Saturday and a rest day on Sunday), and Monday was a motivational post the introduced the concept of booty calls (I know… great name for a morning workout, right?). Get your mind out of the gutter, their version of a “booty call” is waking up 30 minutes early and moving your booty. Of course, they did say you could get creative with how you move your booty, so maybe you can keep your mind in the gutter? ;)

Moving on…

A new workout was finally introduced yesterday.

Beach Ball Workout

Source: toneitup.com via Meghann on Pinterest

There was an alternative (here) if you didn’t have a medicine ball on hand, but I just happened to have one so it worked out. :)

I did a 3 mile warm-up run with Maddie (since she missed running on her birthday), then repeated the Beach Ball Workout 5 times. The 4-move circuit was short, but the 20 reps per set made it long and tough. I was sweating and grunting at the the end. Throwing the 8-pound medicine ball up and down was a total body workout, but my favorite move was the Alternating Ball Fly. I could really feel my arms working; it felt good. :)

After my workout was complete, I made a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

• 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Chex
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crisp
  • Vanilla Chobani (leftover from the bridal shower)
  • 1/2 a pear
  • strawberries

Yum!

Did you get your morning “Booty Call” in this morning? ;)

1 Becca April 25, 2012 at 10:11 am

Glad to hear the workout was a good one :) I just watched the video this morning and will be doing the ball workout tomorrow at the gym! The sandcastle workout is also a great one.

2 Elle April 25, 2012 at 10:13 am

Now this is one kind of booty call I can get behind. ;) The new workout looks awesome – trying this soon!

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

That fresh fruit looks so delicious!

4 Mandy A April 25, 2012 at 10:36 am

I am going to get a medicine ball today because I want to try this so badly! My sister did it last night with her fiance and they loved it!

I am like you – I am just going to plan on the workouts for the next day. I think with us being on the east coast, we’re never going to get them in time. I’m sure as long as we do them – that’s all that matters :)

5 Hillary April 25, 2012 at 10:42 am

I’m really enjoying the TIU workouts; I wish they were more consistent with their email timing, but other than that, I like the variety and the challenge of the total-body routines. I didn’t get my booty call in this morning; I get up super early for work every day (well, early for me: anywhere between 5:15 and 5:30), and I’d rather do their “get in an extra mile of cardio in the afternoon” option!

6 Carissa April 25, 2012 at 11:05 am

Booty call! haha! I guess I’m not an am booty call kind of girl. I like to wake up, eat, do some emails, and then workout when my mind is more alert.

7 Annette @FitnessPerks April 25, 2012 at 11:13 am

Got the booty call in for sure! I am an a.m. BOOTY call lady :)

8 mel April 25, 2012 at 11:17 am

I did! I got up at 4:30 for Crossfit and it kicked my booty per usual!! Hoping to get a different kind of booty call later when the hubs gets home…kidding!

9 Maggie April 25, 2012 at 11:27 am

i joined the Tone it Up series as well, and the “booty call” workout totally motivated me to wake up for a little 5 mile run this morning. totally the perfect way to start the day! thanks for telling us (me) about Tone it Up!

10 Grace @ Grace Dishes April 25, 2012 at 11:56 am

I do pilates in the morning and I consider it working my core and my butt haha! I love the name though. Maybe I will start referring to my workout as a booty call :)

Fruit is so delicious right now and that’s normally my afternoon snack along with low-fat plain yogurt. YUM!

Have a wonderful day!

11 Alex @ therunwithin April 25, 2012 at 11:57 am

Those strawberries look amazing. Just in season.