Happy Birthday, Maddie!

by Meghann on April 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Maddie!

Maddie is 3 years old today! Can you believe it? It feels like yesterday I was bringing her little puppy face home.

She was so little!

And now she’s all grown up.

Happy Birthday, Maddie! Mommy loves you!

The birthday girl had an extra special treat on her kibble this morning. Her favorite – fried egg.

I think she liked it. :)

Maddie is also rockin’ her birthday bandana. I see a trip to the local park in her near future. :)

While the birthday girl slept in, I hit the gym for some treadmill intervals.

• Warm up: 10 mins @ 6.5
  • Intervals: 3 mins @ 8.0 + 2 mins @ 5.0 (repeat 8 times)
  • Cool down: 5 mins @ 6.5

After the gym I made my own egg for breakfast.

Plus another attempt at the Thomas’ English Corn Muffin, this time toasted with butter.

It wasn’t bad, but I think I prefer regular whole wheat english muffins over these. Oh, and I know a few of you were asking if they’re gluten free – they’re not. Wheat is listed in the ingredient list.

I also had a pear with PB2.

I made the PB2 too thin and it didn’t really coat the pear slices. Boo.

Time to get to work.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 24, 2012 at 10:20 am

Awwww she was too cute! Haha although she still looks pretty little! My brother got a golden retriever puppy in July, and now she’s HUGE! Haha, tell maddie happy birthday for me!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Running Music

2 Sarah @Blonde Bostonian April 24, 2012 at 10:21 am

Happy Birthday Maddie!!
Sarah @Blonde Bostonian recently posted..Travel Tuesday Takeover: Japan Part 1

3 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 24, 2012 at 10:22 am

Happy birthday, Maddie! :)
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Tune in Tuesday.

4 Nanci April 24, 2012 at 10:26 am

Happy Birthday Maddie! She is such a little cutie. I am such a sucker for cute puppy pics, you have some great ones. :)
Nanci recently posted..Hello world!

5 Ellie April 24, 2012 at 10:26 am

How Cute! Happy Birthday Maddie! She has grown up so fast :)
Ellie recently posted..Good Life

6 Erika@YpuJustDidWhat April 24, 2012 at 10:33 am

Ahhh, so cute! Need to get a dog STAT!
Erika@YpuJustDidWhat recently posted..Comment on did that just really happen??? by Erika@YouJustDidWhat

7 Cait's Plate April 24, 2012 at 10:38 am

Aw, happy birthday Maddie!!! :)

8 Ali @SeeAliEatSeeAliRun April 24, 2012 at 10:39 am

Does Maddie eat Blue dog food? I’m pretty sure I recognize it! It’s the only thing I will feed my Yorkie :)
Ali @SeeAliEatSeeAliRun recently posted..Readjusting

9 Justine @ Life With Cheeseburgers April 24, 2012 at 10:46 am

I would totally use Maddie’s birthday as an excuse to make yourself a cake!!
Justine @ Life With Cheeseburgers recently posted..Chocolate Protein Pudding Snack/Dessert

10 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups April 24, 2012 at 11:05 am

Awwww, puppy Maddie is adorable! Happy birthday, Maddie!!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Windy city recap: the food

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 24, 2012 at 11:07 am

Happy Birthday, to your adorable pup!!! So cute! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas

12 Andrea @ Vegvacious April 24, 2012 at 11:16 am

Happy Birthday Maddie! My pups get a big ol’ bowl of scrambled eggs for their birthday breakies too! I swear they’re more spoiled than most kids LOL!
Andrea @ Vegvacious recently posted..Cheesy Vegetable Soup

13 Sandy April 24, 2012 at 11:43 am

Happy Birthday Maddie! She is so cute and spoiled too!!

14 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 24, 2012 at 11:46 am

Happy Birthday Maddie!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Who Wants to Run a Marathon? {Race Entry Giveaway}

15 Heather April 24, 2012 at 11:53 am

Happy Birthday Maddie! Such cute puppy pics.
Heather recently posted..New shoes, new training plan!

16 Grace @ Grace Dishes April 24, 2012 at 11:57 am

Super cute! Happy birthday to your baby!

My sister threw a huge party for her dog last year at Central Park in NYC with a picnic and doggy treats. It was super fun too.
Grace @ Grace Dishes recently posted..Simple Thai Panang Curry

17 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe April 24, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Mmmmm I love PB2~
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Is WORK making you FAT?!

18 Kristen April 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Are you still doing the Tone It Up challenge? Just wondering how it was going, as I’m doing it too :) It looks like from the intervals you are, are you also doing the twice weekly toning moves or following your own plan?

19 Meghann April 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I’m trying to follow the plan, but I’m a bit confused. I thought they were supposed to post a new workout everyday. Are we just supposed to copy the first week? I repeated the interval this morning and was planning on doing the toning moves this afternoon only because I didn’t know what else to do.

20 Kristen April 24, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I was wondering too! I have the magazine and went back to see if I was missing something. The magazine gives you the HIIT plan by week but I seem to only get the email twice a week and not daily for the toning workouts.

21 Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition April 24, 2012 at 12:25 pm

What an adorable dog!

22 Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee April 24, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Happy Birthday Maddie! Love the bandana :)
Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee recently posted..Back in the Double Digits

23 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 24, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Happy Birthday to Maddie! :) I love her birthday bandana. So cute!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Long Overdue…

24 Becca April 24, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Happy birthday Maddie!!! I love her birthday bandana :) so cute.

25 Cait April 24, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I have to say I love your hair that length (in the pic you posted).

also, thanks for the muffin review. I aways debate buying a pack when I’m at the store, but haven’t yet.

26 Alex @ therunwithin April 24, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Oh, Happy birthday Maddie! The pictures are adorable.
Alex @ therunwithin recently posted..Sensory What?

27 Elisabeth April 24, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Happy Birthday, Maddie! I love that picture of the two of you (especially love your hair there 😉 )

28 Reenie April 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Happy Birthday Maddie =) Is that your sister’s pup too? He/she sure has grown too :)

29 Meghann April 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Yes, that’s Oliver! He’s grown as well. His birthday is on Thursday :)

30 Carissa April 24, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Happy Birthday Maddie! I love your hair in that pic with her as a pup! Looks great on you!
Carissa recently posted..Shingle Creek Vacation Recap

31 Kim April 24, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Oh my goodness, she is so precious!! Happy Birthday, Maddie! :)
Kim recently posted..Halfway already

32 Sneakers2Sandals April 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Yey! Happy birthday to Maddie! She definitely deserves a trip to the Dog Park :)
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..A Month Off of Running Begins With a PR :)

33 Carrie April 24, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Happy birthday, Maddie!
Carrie recently posted..Capitola Half Marathon Here I Come!

34 Liz April 24, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Why not regular peanut butter?

35 Army Amy* April 24, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Happy birthday, Maddie! I love all the pictures of her shenanigans!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Child’s Play: Is YA lit only for Kids?

36 Meister, Running While Smiling April 24, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Happy birthday to that sweet little face! What a great day (and a great day for eggs. Eggs for everybody!)

37 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 24, 2012 at 8:34 pm

My little pup LOVES some eggs. Her bandana is really cute! I love a dog in an outfit. 😀
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..CUT

38 BroccoliHut April 24, 2012 at 9:46 pm

As a fellow Jack “mommy,” I absolutely LOVED this post! Wishing the happiest of birthdays to Miss Maddie!

39 Phyllin Phat April 24, 2012 at 10:21 pm

It’s amazing how fast our little guys grow up…wish they could stay puppies!
Phyllin Phat recently posted..Back From the Dead

40 Ambiguity April 25, 2012 at 10:07 am

Just wanted to say happy birthday from Australia to your gorgeous little dog, Maddie – she’s utterly beautiful :-)

41 Katie April 25, 2012 at 10:20 am

tell maddie happy belated birthday! apparently we’re bday twins (:

42 Meghann April 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

Maddie says thank you and Happy Birthday to you too! :)