more ยป" />

Call Me Crazy

by Meghann on April 23, 2012

Good Morning!!!!

How was your weekend? I think I’m still recovering from my sister’s bridal shower.

530391_621057580539_206800783_32262447_392188226_n.jpeg

<3 her!

This morning I kept it easy with a 4 mile run around the block. I would have brought Maddie, but I believe she’s still recovering from the weekend too. She was perfectly content to stay curled up in a ball next to Derek rather than get her run on. I’ll admit I was a bit jealous she had the option.

Post-run I made a random bowl of fruit, cereal, and yogurt for breakfast.

• leftover fruit salad from the shower
  • almond butter
  • plain greek yogurt
  • Peanut Butter Cheerios
  • Kashi Go Lean Crisp

It’s sad that fruit salad doesn’t last very long in the fridge What I had this morning was mushy and definitely not as appealing as it was when it was cut fresh on Saturday. Still edible, though. ;)

Am I Crazy?

Registration for the 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon opened last week.

Screen shot 2012-04-23 at 10.01.05 AM.png

It’s not just any Disney Marathon, it’s the 20th anniversary! All the announcements promise an extra special medal for this year’s race, as well as a special surprise at mile 20 for all runners.

I’ve run 5 RunDisney events (Race for the Taste, Disney Marathon 2010, Disney Princess 2011, Tangled 5k, and Disney Princess 2012), volunteered for three more of them (Disney Marathon 2009, Disney Princess 2010, and Wine and Dine 2010), and it’s no secret I’m a bit obsessed with Walt Disney World in general (Derek and I had annual passes last year and I made sure to make good use of them before they expired).

The fact that it’s the 20th anniversary for the full marathon is tempting. Very tempting. There’s just one itty, bitty problem… it’s the weekend after my wedding. So if I did choose to run the full marathon, I would be in the middle of training for a marathon while planning the final details of the wedding. Am I crazy? Probably.

One of the things that first attracted me to Emily’s blog so many years ago was the fact that she was training for a marathon while planning her wedding (Flying Pig was the week before she said ‘I do’). Not only was she training to run the marathon – she was training to BQ! It was a little crazy, but also very inspiring to read about. If she could do it, I figured that means I can do it too, right?

Nothing has been set in stone yet (and no registration forms have been completed or paid for). This is simply an idea that has been twirling around my head for a few weeks now. Originally I wanted to run the Tower of Terror 10 miler in September, but it’s the same day as the FSU/USF game that Derek and I were already planning on attending in Tampa. Maybe I’m just looking for a race to fill that void? Hmmm….

What do you think? Is it crazy to register for a full marathon the week after my wedding? Would you do it?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

DO IT MEGHANN! :D

Peer pressure……

2 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed April 23, 2012 at 10:16 am

Yes. It’s bananas. That shouldn’t stop you, though. You do feel “sexier” after a run, we all do.

3 Katie April 23, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I agree! Totally crazy, but it would be a fun thing to say you did! I have Disney race on my 30 by 30, and when I started reading the post I thought I would, however training for a marathon in Minnesota in the winter is not going to happen.

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 23, 2012 at 10:19 am

Honestly, I think you could do it, and it might be something to keep your mind occupied with so you don’t stress about the wedding! The only thing I would be concerned about is when you’re going on your honeymoon and if that will interfere with it. Haha maybe start the honeymoon right after the marathon, you’ll be wanting the relaxing break!

5 Heather April 23, 2012 at 10:21 am

It’s the 20th anniversary! Do it! Do it! :)

6 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups April 23, 2012 at 10:23 am

Only you know your limits and how you deal with stress. Hopefully the final weeks before your wedding, all the big things will be taken care of. Training could be a great way to get rid of those gitters. Don’t forget to consider how you’ll want to eat on your honeymoon and if that plays any factor. My cousin got married last weekend, and they’re timing their honeymoon with a biathlon next weekend, so it’s definitely not crazy!

7 Claire April 23, 2012 at 10:28 am

What about your honeymoon!?

8 Cait's Plate April 23, 2012 at 10:29 am

I don’t think it’s crazy! I think you gotta do it!! :)

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 23, 2012 at 10:32 am

That is totally your call haha. Personally, I wouldn’t do it … too many “what if” scenarios that I wouldn’t handle well. But if you think you can handle both, then go for it!! :)

10 Amanda April 23, 2012 at 10:38 am

What about your honeymoon?

11 Faith @ For the Health of It April 23, 2012 at 10:42 am

It is a little crazy, but runners are a crazy breed! We do odd things for our sport…if you think your body can handle it, I say go for it (and run it for fun, not for a PR!)

12 Andrea @Vegvacious April 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

If you’re feeling drawn to it and your other half is supportive, I’d go for it! As long as you can plan ahead, I’m sure you could co-ordinate both as the wedding date and race date get closer! Two amazing accomplishments at once – it’ll be something you’ll remember always!

13 Lindsey April 23, 2012 at 10:51 am

I probably would have! Not that half marathon’s are s time consuming but I started training for my first half during my wedding planning and ran 3 in the 3 months before I got married. I saved the full for about 9 months after the wedding.

14 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 23, 2012 at 10:54 am

You should do it and convince Derek to as well ;)

15 clare @ fittingitallin April 23, 2012 at 10:54 am

I really liked The Lucky One but I hadn’t read the book and was expected and wanting a cheesy chick flick. I’m glad it was Zac Efron (one of the reasons I went!) but agree the match was weird.

16 Sandy April 23, 2012 at 11:00 am

Enjoy your Wedding..it’s stressful at the end.You have one Wedding day..Marathons will come again, Even if’s it’s a 2oth Anniversary..I have no doubt you could do it..but planning a Wedding can be a full time experience,just like planning a Bridal Shower..it’s exhausting.
Either way..Good Luck deciding..:)

17 p April 23, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Agreed. I definitely think you could do it, but I say focus on the wedding and run for fun.

18 Yellow Haired Girl April 23, 2012 at 11:06 am

I don’t think it’s crazy at all! Go for it, girl!

19 Margo April 23, 2012 at 11:08 am

I think all of us runners are a bit crazy, and I definitely understand you wanting to do this race right after your wedding! When I got married, I don’t think I could have done a marathon the week after. I was exhausted after my wedding, and even though we waited 3 days to go on our honeymoon, I was still recovering well into the vacation!

20 Hillary April 23, 2012 at 11:08 am

I don’t think that this is TOO crazy. You’ve done marathons before and know what to expect, and you don’t have to PR at this race, right? Just run it for fun!

21 janene April 23, 2012 at 11:11 am

I say go for it! I ran my first marathon last September and got married almost exactly a month later. Then, my husband and I ran a half marathon two days after our wedding – he’s not a runner, so it was his wedding gift to me! 2 of my bridesmaids ran it with us, as did another friend, and we had a blast. Ian wore a tuxedo shirt, I wore a tutu/veil, and we both had “JUST MARRIED!” on our backs. We got so much extra crowd love!

Overall, it made for an EXHAUSTING weekend, but I loved every second of it! :)

22 Jodi April 23, 2012 at 11:16 am

First of all…you left us hanging! Did you turn left this morning?

I say go for it. I think getting energy out marathon training will help you in the last stages of wedding planning. I was working full time and in grad school full time when I got married…I think it kept me sane! I had too much else to worry about!

23 Meghann April 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm

haha – I did turn left :)

24 Lara April 23, 2012 at 11:21 am

I would do the half. Don’t get me wrong, I love marathons, I’ve done 6 including Boston last week. But, marathons will always be there and you will only have one wedding. I wouldn’t have time to work full time, plan a wedding, and train well for a marathon.

25 Allie April 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

i think it’s crazy. your wedding is a once in a lifetime occasion. soak it in and enjoy it, and focus on your husband to be. there are a ton of marathons to run in your life.

26 Lindsey April 23, 2012 at 11:39 am

AGREED!

27 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I think I have to agree too! Plus, what about your honeymoon?

28 Brianne April 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I agree with this. Your wedding is about you and your husband, I would just enjoy the wedding and honeymoon. The week after a wedding should be spent enjoying each others’ company and the experience only happens once before life becomes busy again.

There will be plenty more marathons to run.

29 Anne April 23, 2012 at 11:28 am

Nah, I would not do it personally. I would want to be 100% available (mentally and physically) for all the last minute details that you want to take care of wedding related. This might be stretching yourself too thin. Another option – can you just volunteer to help out at this race instead?

Good luck with your decision!

30 Rachel April 23, 2012 at 11:32 am

I think that you could do it, but personally I would not. I think you should make your wedding your #1 priority. Plus, what about a honeymoon?

31 Erica April 23, 2012 at 11:33 am

Yes, as runners we are all a little bit crazy…So that’s why it should come as no surprise that I’m going to say DO IT!! You may want to feel Derek out on this one and see what his opinion is about it, but I’d be using some mad convincing skills around my house if it was me! Good luck choosing!

32 Abby April 23, 2012 at 11:35 am

Considering I am currently doing the same thing, I would say don’t do it! I’m running the Cleveland Marathon (my first) two weeks before my wedding (June 9th). I know everything will work out in the end, but it’s super stressful right now! I’ve found that it’s really tough to balance my long runs with weekends of traveling for my showers, my bachelorette party, and wedding planning meetings. I read your blog daily so I know you are a marathon stud, but I would say just soak up the fun of wedding planning without the added stress of marathon training. I think you’ll enjoy yourself more in the end!

33 MissPinkKate April 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

Weddings are exhausting enough! I had to pass out for several days after mine. Don’t do it!

34 Beth @ 990 Square April 23, 2012 at 11:59 am

I would say do it, unless you think you’ll still be on your honeymoon. Just tell yourself straight up its a fun race. You’ll be in front corral because of your previous race times, so you could run/walk and stop for every single character photo op if you wanted to. No training pressure AT ALL. So what if you walk some? Disney anniversary medals always rock (the 15th Anniversary Donald medal was SO COOL this year).

Plus I’m planning on doing it, and it would be fun if you did a meet up!

35 Margaret April 23, 2012 at 12:07 pm

You should definitely run it! I’m hoping to also run it next year for a second time to celebrate my (hopeful) December second Bachelor’s degree graduation…

36 Beka April 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm

You are such an organized person, I am sure that all the wedding details will be ready days or weeks in advance and all you will have to do is enjoy your wedding come day of. Try and get Derek to run it with you, do something cute or nostalgic for the race and then take your honeymoon! :)
Talk it over with him. You still have lots of time to mull it over and register!

37 Jessica April 23, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I think that you’re passionate about running (and running marathons!), and about Disney, and if you’re that excited about this just as a prospect, that means something and you should definitely do it. Plus it will be fun to round out your Disney races…. and, C’MON, it’s the 20th anniversary! Do it, girl. It will be amazing and fun and worth it

38 abby April 23, 2012 at 12:25 pm

My wedding was smackin the middle of race season (2.25.12).. I really really wanted to run races but long before race season started I chose not to. No matter what! I’m glad I did because I ended up getting sick the week of the wedding, had lots of family in town to spend time with and also doing all the last minute things. We were so so busy between the holidays and the big day. I think it took about a week after the wedding to finally feel like I wasn’t tired anymore. I kept up running up till about 2 weeks before the wedding (b/c I got sick) but was going to cut it off anyways 1 week before. Weddings’ done, races are in. :D Just my two cents. Side note; I will be signing up for the disney marathon, I ran my first half at disney 10 years ago, its only fitting :]

39 Valerie April 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

YOU CRAY! Just kidding :) My first thought was, what about your honeymoon? Second thought, bachelorette party weekend, bridal shower weekend, things just getting in the way of enjoying to the max all those fun activities that you only get once. Either way, do what you want! 20th anniversary sounds awesome!

40 genna April 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I will be training for Disney!! actually planning on doing goofy! Hope to see you there :)

41 Carrie April 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Personally I know I couldn’t handle training for a marathon that close to my wedding, but all the more power to those who can! I think a lot of it depends on what kind of help you are going to have. It sounds like you have a pretty good support system, and that can make all of the difference in the world.

42 stacy April 23, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Won’t you be on your honeymoon? Sorry, but I’m going to be a voice of reason here. Don’t do it. You should enjoy the wedding and your honeymoon. I agree with others who said there are lots of marathons…you only get one wedding. What if you get injured in training and it ruins your wedding day?

43 Kelly April 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Go for it! It will be just what you need when the wedding stuff gets too stressful. Plus you are always up for a good run. I would plan your honeymoon for after the marathon though.

I had to tell you that I made a Meghann inspired sandwich and I had to share. Ezekiel wrap, avocado, cucumber and strawberries. It is so good!

44 KatieTX April 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I just got married last November…don’t do it! I was training for a half-marathon that was 2 weeks before my wedding and it was SO stressful. I ended up getting tendonitis and couldn’t even run. Also, the fact that it is a week AFTER is even worse! Trust me..there will be more marathons. You only get married once!

45 Laura April 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Sounds super fun, but will it not interfere with your honeymoon? Ask Derek what he thinks.

46 Krista April 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I wouldn’t do it. Just enjoy the planning of your wedding & your honeymoon. You don’t want to be worried about “getting your miles in” before your wedding.

47 Running Girl April 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Hmmm, I way too type A to focus on both events, but some people find the training relaxing (i.e. the running helps them relax) & may give you a good way to let off steam during the planning? I’m no help :-)

48 krista April 23, 2012 at 1:12 pm

If it doesn’t interfere with honeymoon plans I would go for it. I ran a 5k the morning of my wedding and it was great!!!

49 Emily N April 23, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Here’s my take (as an old married lady). Once you get close to the wedding, there is very little to do until the week before. And the week before when that stuff is busy, you’ll be tapering. SO DO IT!

50 Chelsea April 23, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Honestly, I think it’s a bad idea. It’s a stressful time, and adding the stress of planning a wedding is just going to make things crazier, and may keep you from enjoying either training or the wedding in the way you’d deserve.

51 Grace @ Grace Dishes April 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Are you going on a honeymoon? It seems rather soon to be running a marathon after a wedding and it’ll be challenging! Good luck with whatever you decide.

The shower was gorgeous! You guys really did an amazing job on it!

52 Alex @ therunwithin April 23, 2012 at 1:49 pm

You are ambitious but if you want to do it than why not! Whatever you put your mind to!

53 Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep April 23, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I’d do it and just not go balls to the walls. Enjoy the wedding and the marathon.

54 Claire April 23, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I am registered for it! I would say….GO FOR IT!!!!! Great way to look awesome on your wedding day and to accomplish an AMAZING event, celebrating the 20th anniversary! That would be one hell of a week. If it was my wedding I would be signing up for sure.

55 Lauren @ Focused 2 Be Fit April 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm

While I think it’s CRAZY, I also think it’s so awesome!! I’d love to wear a ‘Just Married’ tank at a race – so fun!!!

56 Steph April 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm

It sounds like it could be fun, but this time in your lives is all about you and Derek. Focus your time and energy on yourselves and your honeymoon! It seems like it might be a bit unfair to Derek. That’s just my opinion based on my wedding experience. Good luck though!

57 Lisa in IL April 23, 2012 at 2:02 pm

you know if you soak your fresh fruits in cold water & a splash of vinegar when you bring them home from the store it stops mold & other bacteria from growing? I’ve had strawberries last up to 2 weeks. And you know the lemon trick after you cut up fruit helps it last longer. and I’m sure you know that when you store cut up fruits you should always separate the fruits so the off gases don’t ripen each other.

58 kirsten April 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I wouldn’t recommend it at all. The most stressful time of wedding planning is right at the end. I know running is a great stress reliever and way to stay in shape for the wedding, but I think running for fun would be better, that way if you have to skip a run because you’re too busy it won’t be as big of a deal as if you skipped one on your training plan.
Weddings (and all of the events surrounding it) go by way too fast, I would say spend as much time as you can enjoying it rather than going for 3 hour runs. Just my opinion though! :)

59 janieliz19 April 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I did a half (Disney princess actually!) 3 weeks before my wedding this past March. Lots of people told me I was crazy, and while it was a little stressful to travel for it I am so glad I did! Having a weekend right before the wedding that was not about the wedding was amazing. And to be honest, training while wedding planning helped keep me sane. I say do it.

60 Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit April 23, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Well the one benefit would be you’d be in super great shape for your wedding :) I ran Hood To Coast (a 200 mile relay race with 11 other people) 2 weeks before my wedding so I barely had to worry about working out in the weeks leading up to the big day since I was so focused on running. However, there was no way you could have gotten me to do it after the wedding. Personally I was so ready to relax after all the wedding plans, race prep, race etc that I just really needed some down time.

61 Lara @ TresLaLa to TinyLaLa April 23, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I’m not as much of a runner as you… But, I trained for a 10K scheduled for 3 weeks before my wedding. All my friends were doing the 1/2 marathon, which I REALLY wanted to do, but 3/4 of it was on a trail, and I tend to fall on trails (I tripped TWICE in the same spot just training!). I decided it was better to run a shorter distance than have trail rash on my face for my big day. All turned out really well (no falling!), and because I wasn’t putting in a lot of time running, I was able to do other training (eg, weights, pilates, etc.) that was more important to me for my dress to fit well!

62 mary April 23, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I was definitely looking at doing this race with my friend regan!! It will be her FIRST 26.2 !

63 Isabell April 23, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I have never planned a wedding, neither trained for a marathon. I just run my first half marathon just a few weeks ago. So you would definitely get a CRAZY from me – but why not? ;) Go for it! I love reading your race recaps and as far as I can judge it, you always felt so amazing after having run a race :) You should do what makes you happy. If running a marathon (i am sorry, i mean THE marathon ;)) is the cherry on top after your probably most wonderful day, then go for it! ;)
Aren’t we runners, not all a bit crazy? ;)

64 Anna April 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I did Rock n’ Roll Denver the week before my wedding last year. It was nice to have something else to think about besides the wedding. I say run it!

65 Jody April 23, 2012 at 3:47 pm

My opinion is no. You and Derek only get one wedding and there are plenty of marathons. Maybe you could do the 25th anniversary one in 5 years? Soak up the few months before the wedding, the wedding weekend, and your time as newleyweds as much as you can. It will FLY by!!

The last 2 months before the wedding are VERY busy. I can’t imagine combining training with your bridal shower, bachelorette party, organizing RSVPs and seating chart, final appointments with vendors, final dress fitting, last minute projects, etc. especially since you will most likely be going back and forth between Orlando and Tampa.

They invented a honeymoon for a reason. After all of the hustle and bustle of wedding planning, you and Derek need some down time to just enjoy being husband and wife. Hopefully you’ll be jetting away to some exotic destination or relaxing somewhere local.

66 Allie April 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm

If it was a week before your wedding, I’d say, “totally!”, but since it’s a week after, I wouldn’t do it. Are you going to be worried on your wedding day about eating/drinking whatever you want, or dancing the night away (don’t want to tire out your legs!). I’d just want to enjoy every second of my wedding, without the lingering worry about the marathon in the back of my mind.

67 Megan April 23, 2012 at 4:01 pm

DO IT!! :) I’m sure marathons are never easy, but all of your experience should make it more achievable. My only question is: won’t you be on your honeymoon?

68 Alaina April 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm

I attempted to do it (we were supposed to run the Maine Marathon two weeks before our wedding) but the planning was getting in the way of training and we ended up scaling back to the half marathon.

I had a shirt that said “The Future Mrs. Posluszny” with the date of our wedding and he had one that said “I’m Mr. Posluszny!” It was fun. :-)

69 Laura in Pittsburgh April 23, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Go for it!!

70 samantha April 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Depends on when you’re going on your honeymoon! All I wanted to do on my honeymoon was relax, I can’t imagine thinking about running a marathon & trying to de-stress after a wedding!

71 Tara April 23, 2012 at 5:10 pm

I would do it! I just trained for and completed the Boston Marathon and my wedding is in two weeks!! It was a little extra work training and planning but running helps with the wedding stress, although my mom did get a little agitated with me more than once when I told her I couldn’t go pick out what color ribbon to tie around the bubble bottles I had to go run! haha ;)

72 Marty April 23, 2012 at 6:11 pm

A bit of running humor that cracked me up!

73 Army Amy* April 23, 2012 at 7:10 pm

I say go for it! Just be willing to listen to your body. You don’t want to push too hard on race day only to end up limping down the aisle.*

74 mel April 23, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I say don’t do it. Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon without having to worry about getting your runs in. My hubby and I exercised on our honeymoon, but we were exhausted and just did what we felt like…and saved lots of time to relax and take in the moment!

75 Mariah April 23, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I would definitely do it. I was so stressed with trying to make everyone happy towards the end of wedding planning, I wish I had focused more on making myself happy. If I had been smart enough to train for something, it would have given me an outlet to release those anxious feelings and focus on doing something I enjoy. :)

76 Kayla Moothart April 23, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I was training for a marathon at the same time that I was planning the finishing parts of my wedding as well. The timing was different… my wedding was Dec 17th and the race was Jan. 22nd. Looking back I think that it was hard to have the week before/of my wedding be my highest mileage weeks. It would be so much easier if it was the taper weeks. Plus my honeymoon was supposed to be higher mileage as well. I did become a little stressed out thinking that I had a lot to do for the wedding and couldn’t squeeze in the 22 mile run I was supposed to do the weekend that I got married, but had it been a couple weeks before I would have felt so much better about it!Good Luck!

77 Kadye April 23, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I’m planning on doing the Disney half in January and my wedding is on December 21! I feel ya! I also wanted to do the Tower of Terror 10 Mile run but it just didn’t fit in my schedule. Bummed :(

78 C April 23, 2012 at 8:54 pm

While Disney is an unforgettable experience, the wedding is a once in a lifetime experience. I have no doubt you could fit in the training, even with the planning. If the marathon were before the wedding, I might say yes. But a week after ….I say no. You want to enjoy the day, party the night away and then relax for a week or so after with your husband. My wedding and honeymoon – best two weeks ever. One thing about the honeymoon was letting go of everything, drinking good wine every night and relaxing all day….I doubt I’d have done that with a marathon on my plate a week after the wedding!!

79 Candace April 23, 2012 at 8:56 pm

I love Disney races, but every anniversary race is special at Disney World. I remember how big a deal the 15th marathon anniversary was. And now the 20th. These special medals just entice more registrants. That said, if you want to run, then run. I did the Goofy three weeks before my wedding, and it was a life-saver for me. Training helped me deal with wedding stress. I also did a 5k the morning of my wedding, and that was a lot of fun — my entire bridal party (and the groom!) did it with me. In the rain!

80 SaraB April 23, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Call me vain, but I would be worried about what marathon training would do to my appetite and weight gain when trying to fit in my dream dress.

If you can do it for fun and just to take in the experience, then by all means, do. But I wouldnt try something like that for a PR or anything that close to my wedding day. The planning is stressful enough as it is, and so busy.

81 Elisabeth April 23, 2012 at 11:59 pm

I’d DO IT! You’ll never get the 20th anniversary chance again ;)

82 janet April 24, 2012 at 4:35 am

What does running mean to you?
If training while planning will be stressful & feel like a (regretted) chore, then don’t do it. Not worth it to be miserable.
But if you will be running most days of the week anyway, find races to be a fun thing, not just a thing “to do”, then why not? I have friends who planned honeymoon locations around races because it is a part of their life. They enjoy it so why not do it while celebrating starting a life together (that will include running!). I don’t think honeymoons (or marriages!) are about dropping off the face of the earth – they are about starting a life together. To include hobbies you both enjoy.

83 The Linz April 24, 2012 at 7:39 am

I found that training for a marathon while planning my wedding was a great outlet for all the wedding stress. The date you have made for your wedding is a great time for your taper anyways. I vote yes!