Coming Along

by Meghann on April 20, 2012

Now we’re getting somewhere. πŸ˜‰

Thanks to my amazing helpers (I owe Allison and Jessica big time), decorating for tomorrow’s shower is definitely coming along. In fact, we’re almost done. Tomorrow we just have to worry about food and minor details. Woo hoo!

Before I recruited Allison to help with set-up, I met her for lunch at one of my favorite Titusville lunch spots, Kloiber’s.

I love this cute little eatery. It’s my #1 go-to place to eat whenever I’m in Titusville.

Do you see the croutons on top of the side salad I ordered?

They’re made fresh, on site from a variety of day old breads. The bread is actually from another local favorite (Sunrise Bakery). I could pick out whole wheat croutons, marble rye croutons, and regular white. I’m not usually a fan of croutons, but theses, I can get behind.

And the sandwiches? Wow. My favorite is the firecracker. It’s a spicy turkey sandwich with jalapenos, fresh tomato slices, and hot sauce served on black bean bread with fresh fruit.

But, the real reason to come to Kloibers is the cobbler. I mean, they do call it Klobers Cobbler for a reason. We split the peach today. It was fabulous.

After lunch we got to work. I can’t wait to share all the details after the shower is over! But I’ll give you one hint – we finally got the pinwheels down. πŸ˜‰

IMG_2244.jpg IMG_2243.jpg

My mom and I managed to sneak away this afternoon for a little pampering.

Our toes and nails have never looked better. :)

Our original plan was to get as much of the cooking out of the way as possible this evening. Ummm… didn’t happen. The mini pies ended up being plenty of work.

Tons of work actually. Next time I’m saving time and just making one large pie. πŸ˜‰

Our mini pies ate up the kitchen, so dinner was ordered in.

I found one of these bad boys in the back of my parent’s beverage center. It was meant to be, right?

The pies might have been a lot of work, but they did come out pretty cute. I love my mom’s extra touch with the K’s.

They didn’t taste half bad either. πŸ˜‰

We got a ton of work done today, but we still have a ton to do tomorrow. We’re almost there!

Good Night!

1 Brittany April 20, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I hope the shower is a blast tomorrow. :)
Brittany recently posted..Healthy Living #PROOF

2 Cate April 20, 2012 at 11:18 pm

That lunch you had at Kloiber’s looks and sounds delicious -definitely a place I’d want to visit!
Good luck with the rest of the shower preparation -I’m sure it will all turn out well tomorrow :)
Cate recently posted..Tasty Trail Mix Bites

3 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 20, 2012 at 11:48 pm

So exciting, can’t wait to see how she liked her shower! My first shower is next weekend and I’m looking forward to it!

4 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats April 21, 2012 at 1:00 am

Those mini pies look so cute! And I’m glad you showed those pinwheels who’s boss!! Haha
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Cross Training For Runners

5 Carrie April 21, 2012 at 1:12 am

Yikes what a busy day! Sounds like you and your mom definitely deserved the pampering.
Carrie recently posted..Long Run Recap

6 Hillary April 21, 2012 at 8:16 am

You guys are DEDICATED! We had my best friend’s shower at a local restaurant, so they took care of everything for us. Props to you for going all out!
Hillary recently posted..Oatmeal X 2

7 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 21, 2012 at 10:33 am

Have fun at the shower!- those pies are so cute :)
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Back in the Groove

8 Lindsay April 21, 2012 at 4:37 pm

This is the most prep I’ve ever seen for a bridal shower!

9 Courtney April 21, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Your nails look gorgeous! And so does all of this food, from lunch (and that BREAD!) to your homemade pies, oh my, oh my, oh my ….
Courtney recently posted..Cool Kids Wake Up Early

10 Katie @ Creature of Habit April 21, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Good call on the beer πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Creature of Habit recently posted..The Streets of Orange