more ยป" />

Wedding: Spotted

by Meghann on April 19, 2012

I spotted my dress on an episode of My Fair Wedding last night!

105506-MyFairWedding.jpg

In My Fair Wedding, David Tutera comes in 3 weeks before a wedding, takes the bride’s ideas, turns everything upside down, and plans something incredible. It’s basically my favorite wedding show on tv right now.

my_fair_wedding-show.jpg

Dear David, Why wait until 3 weeks before? I’m 8.5 months out and would love for you to come and turn everything upside for for me. ;) xoxo

My dress was actually the bride’s original dress. When I saw her walk out in the dress I was shocked and started yelling “That’s my dress! That’s my dress!” (luckily Derek wasn’t home). Then I froze up, “Crap, he’s about to bash it.” 9 times out 10 David finds something wrong with the dress and tosses it to the side (or the bride wasn’t a fan of it in the first place). I braced myself for the worst, promising myself I would laugh about it later.

Luckily no bracing was needed. David liked the bride’s dress and let her keep it. Woo hoo! David approves! Good. He should have. It is a gorgeous dress. ;)

Also spotted? My wedding venue!

Screen shot 2012-04-19 at 12.53.44 PM.png

Imagine my surprise when I logged on to one of my favorite wedding blogs (EveryLastDetailBlog.com) this morning and spotted Birdsong Barn in today’s featured wedding post. <3

Rustic-Red-White-Wedding_0211.jpg

Krista Marie Photography

I loved skimming through the photos, but what I loved even more was having the chance to read any tips or tricks the bride had AND I appreciated the list of vendors referenced on the bottom!

Screen shot 2012-04-19 at 12.58.35 PM.png

I’m currently in search of a good hair and makeup place for my wedding, so the fact that she used the Salon at Ulta in Waterford Lakes was a good tip to have. Noted.

1 Erin April 19, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Do you read Chic Runner? She was actually on an episode of My Fair Wedding! Her posts about it are a neat window into what it’s like to actually be on a show like that.

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 19, 2012 at 3:35 pm

That is SO funny! You’re right … he usually bashes the dresses. That show cracks me up. I love the crazy theme ideas some of the women have, and how he executes them!

3 meghan April 19, 2012 at 4:49 pm

We had a lady come to us which was awesome! She wasn’t too expensive and she let us use her curling iron and stuff for our flower girls.

4 Amanda April 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm

You want to hear something hilarious? The bride is wearing MY dress on the EveryLastDetailBlog! It’s also from David’s – too funny. I love seeing how it looks on other people and it reminds me of my upcoming big day :)

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 19, 2012 at 5:33 pm

That is so cool that your dress was on My Fair Wedding, AND that David Tutera approved! He rarely lets the bride keep the dress! Clearly it must be gorgeous!!!

6 Meg April 19, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I thought of you when I saw Lauren’s post mentioning Birdsong! Those are two nice wedding-related coincidences for you!

7 Lauren @ Every Last Detail April 19, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Oh wow, thanks for the mention!!! :) Super excited to hopefully get to meet up one day! And so crazy so that the bride was wearing Amanda’s dress!!! It must be meant to be ;)

8 BroccoliHut April 19, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Finding a hair/makeup person is the next thing on my to-do list too! It’s hard to do that from a distance (I live in NC, getting married at home in AL), so I have that on the agenda for my next trip home. Do you have any hair styles picked out yet? Any websites you can recommend for finding up-dos?

9 Lindsey @ Sound Eats April 19, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Hey, I know the photographer! That’s the link I sent you in a facebook message a while back, when I saw her post of the shoot and saw it was at birdsong. Never heard back from you, so I’m glad you eventually saw it/ liked it!

10 Leah April 20, 2012 at 10:22 am

Like Amanda, I wore the same dress featured in Every Last Detail! I swapped out the sash for a plain ivory one and borrowed a friend’s grandmother’s fur stole for our October 2010 wedding :) It was SO comfy and had everything I wanted– for way less money than it looks!

11 Rachel April 20, 2012 at 10:47 am

I’d look into the Aja Salon & Spa (it’s an Aveda salon) on Harrison. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it and am actually planing on making an appointment to get my haircut there pretty soon. That’s a heck of a lot closer than Waterford!

12 Val April 21, 2012 at 10:53 am

I would NOT recommend Ulta. Thumbs Down! I used them and I felt like they tried to talk me into things I did not want or need. And then when I went to pay the bill it was a different price then I had been quoted. Just an opinion.

13 Merideth April 21, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Have you looked at La Bella Spa in North Merritt Island?