more ยป" />

Makes Me Smile

by Meghann on April 16, 2012

Nothing makes me smile more than flipping open a magazine and seeing a good friend featured inside. :)

IMG_2018.JPG

Major congrats goes to Callie for being featured in this month’s Women’s Running Magazine!! I knew this was coming, but it didn’t make it any less special than when I opened the magazine and spotted her there. Go Callie! :)

P.S. The latest issue of Women’s Running Magazine is awesome. As was the latest issue of Runner’s World. My personal favorite was Bart Yasso’s article ‘Running with the Amish.‘ If you haven’t read it yet, check it out HERE. My favorite part was the Amish ultra Ragnar Relay team that came in first place. Bad. Ass.

Lunch.

IMG_2011.JPG

A pretty and simple lunch.

I toasted my last whole wheat english muffin and decided to go the open-face route with fig jam, spinach, provolone cheese, and walnuts.

IMG_2006.JPG

On the side I had carrots and green beans with hummus.

IMG_2014.JPG

Bridal Shower Questions

I’m writing up questions for the “How well do you know the bride” game for my sister’s bridal shower on Saturday. I have a few I’m working on, but I’m curious as to what are some of the best “How well do you know the bride” questions YOU’VE heard at a bridal shower before. They don’t have to be anything specific, but general fun, creative ones that were a little out of the box and made the crowd really think or made them really laugh. :)

1 christine @ BookishlyB April 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I did this game for a friend, who is a known Starbuck’s addict, so one of the questions I asked was about that. I also did the normal ones about how long her and the groom had been together, where they had met, and how long they had lived together. I also asked about the color shoes she planned to wear on the big day, since she was going with hot pink. Good luck.

2 Emily N April 17, 2012 at 10:26 am

We did it for my girlfriend when she got married and did the bride’s drink order at Starbucks. I was banned from answering as her most frequent Starbucks companion. Where it got tricky was the “half-caf”. Most people got the rest of it! ;-)
Emily N recently posted..For the Curious

3 Erika@YouJustDidWhat April 16, 2012 at 3:16 pm

You always have some of the most creative meals!
I ask stuff like their first date, first kiss together, how did she know he was the one, how many kids they want, what is her ideal date, what movie is their life like and why, or questions like if she were a cartoon character, song, color Crayon, food, what/ who would she be…just thinking off the top of my head, haha. Have fun!!
Erika@YouJustDidWhat recently posted..Comment on it will be fun by Erika@YouJustDidWhat

4 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 16, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I guess these may be pretty standard but at aa recent shower I was at they asked:
-Where was the couple’s first date
-Who said “I love you first”
-What was the groom wearing on their first date (there were four choices – he was notoriously known for wearing sweat pants so that was the answer)
-What was their first fight about (also had 4 options to pick from)
-Who usually apologizes first after an argument
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..10 things I learned from my duathlon

5 Jess April 16, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Ask them what her marathon PR is! Or how fast she finished the 70.3 :)

6 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 16, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I had a game similar to this at my bridal shower where they had asked my husband to be questions about me and then also answered some about himself. If I got something wrong I had to eat a piece of gum! Maybe ask her fiance some things so you can have: “What does ____ think is your favorite TV show?” and things like that!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..6 Ways to Beat the Homesick Blues

7 Kristin April 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm

We did this at my shower, too, and it was great fun. We did both bride and groom in the quiz. Things included: What was the bride’s first sport? What high school record does the groom still hold and for what sport? In what country did the bride study abroad? Where was their first date? The bride and groom have several family members of the same relationship with the same name — one point for each one. How many times has the groom been injured by a chainsaw (It’s actually TWO)? Etc.

8 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete April 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Awww…thanks! I agree – even though I knew it was coming, it made me smile SO big when I saw it! :)
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..I Am “One of Us”

9 Annette @FitnessPerks April 16, 2012 at 4:12 pm

I’d ask about some of her running or triathlon times and see if anyone knows em? Or maybe fun facts about her when she was younger?

Love the lunch idea!
Annette @FitnessPerks recently posted..Long Distance Running

10 Abbie Anderson April 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I love your site. I’m putting together a huge giveaway in conjunction with a novel about a runner. I’m hoping it can be a win win for both of us. I’ve emailed you more info. Please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm

If you’re just talking about how well the other ladies know the bride …

… what was the bride’s first car?
… where was she born?
… how old was she when she had her first kiss?
… where/how did the bride and groom meet?
… what are the wedding colors?
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A British Invasion.

12 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 16, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I read that article about the Amish runners, it was so cool! And I loved how they did the photography without showing their faces!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Humid Polar Bear Run

13 Angela April 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm

YAY CALLIE!!!

If she could travel anywhere in the world where would she go?
Where did the bride and groom meet?
Angela recently posted..Grocery Shopping 101

14 Belinda April 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I loved the article about Running with the Amish!

15 deva at deva by definition April 16, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I’ve seen ‘how did the couple meet?’ ‘what were some of the bride’s nicknames while they were dating?’ ‘the scar on the groom’s arm/leg is from what activity?’ etc..
deva at deva by definition recently posted..Half Marathon Training: An Update

16 Hillary April 16, 2012 at 5:45 pm

We did this at my best friend’s shower! A few fun ones:

What is the bride’s biggest fear?
What does she love the most about her fiance?
How did the bride and groom meet?
What was their engagement story?
Hillary recently posted..Oatmeal X 2

17 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third April 16, 2012 at 5:49 pm

“What is —– most likely to be doing on a Sunday afternoon?” is one of my favorite ones!
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..Las Vegas Recap: Part 1

18 Part Time House Wife April 16, 2012 at 7:17 pm

*Nicknames for eachother
*Birthdays
*Place/date of proposal

How exciting for your friend featured in such a major magazine! Thats awesome!!!
Part Time House Wife recently posted..Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken Breast

19 Cait's Plate April 16, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Oooh I love the walnut addition! That’s such a great idea!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Airports

20 Kayla Moothart April 16, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I recently was married and one of the bridal shower games that I liked was not the quiz about me (I was nervous filling that one out!) but one about something that I really liked! We got married in December and I LOVE Christmas so there was a trivia quiz on all things Christmas. The shower was Christmas themed too (it was so incredibly cool) Since your are doing a picnic theme you could somehow have a game or quiz revolve around that, or a favorite thing of the future bride. I thought that it was nice not to have ALL of the attention on me. :)
Kayla Moothart recently posted..Bridge to Brews 10k Recap

21 Debbie April 16, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Here are some questions I can think of:
What tooth paste is her favorite?
What is her greatest fear?
How old was she when she lost her first tooth?

I loved reading about running with the amish. I am going to buy the women’s running magazine.

22 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 17, 2012 at 7:12 am

At my shower the “who said I love you first?” question in the game made everyone laugh since all but one person got it wrong. For some questions, like “where was their first date” they did multiple choice. However, the most fun little game we played is one where my maid of honor made a CD with tons of songs (some love songs, some not) that all contained the word “love” in the title. She played little snippets and people had to guess the titles. The person who got the most won a little prize and then she gave me the CD. Very cute! Everyone loved it.
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Sayonara To Singlehood Soiree