In Time

by Meghann on April 13, 2012

Don’t see this movie.

In-Time-Poster.jpg

It was bad. Very bad.

Admittedly Justin Timberlake was nice to look at, but the story never pulled me in. Instead of losing myself in the plot line, I spent the majority of the movie picking everything apart. There were too many holes and most parts were either too predictable or just plain didn’t make sense. It was a waste of two hours (which is ironic considering the time theme of the movie).

Has anyone else seen In Time? Thoughts?

The movie was bad, but dinner was good.

IMG_1943.JPG

Good, but not perfect. I wanted to share a recipe for bean burgers that included crushed pretzels in place of bread crumbs, but I didn’t have enough pretzels (mistake #1) and ended up throwing random things from the fridge in the mix to make up for it (mistake #2). The final burger wasn’t bad, but i couldn’t tell you how I got to it. It ended up being a lot of “a little of this” and “a little of that” to make it work.

IMG_1946.JPG

Along with the bean burger, I had rutabaga fries with ketchup and two mini pickles.

IMG_1959.JPG

Rutabaga fries for the win!

IMG_1955.JPG

I have a route mapped out for tomorrow morning with a big 2-0 marker at the end. Yikes! All I need to do is make it through these 20 miles, then it’s taper time! Motivation? You bet.

Good Night!

1 Stacey April 13, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I liked In Time. Might have been JT that won me over…

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 13, 2012 at 10:44 pm

I LOVE rutabaga fries! I need to make some again, and soon!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Do You Know Me?

3 Amanda @ The Hungry Wanderers April 13, 2012 at 10:49 pm

I just rented In Time a few nights ago as well and felt the same way. It dragged on… I liked the concept, and loved JT of course, but the story line just seemed so far fetched that didn’t come together
Amanda @ The Hungry Wanderers recently posted..St. Paul’s Cathedral London

4 kimmy April 13, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Sorry, I liked the movie. I thought it was good!

5 melinda April 13, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Love JT but my heart broke after he couldn’t save his mom It was all down hill after that.

6 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife April 14, 2012 at 1:03 am

And she’s so close, she almost makes it! So sad!
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..April Randomness

7 Aundra | Fit for Life April 14, 2012 at 12:21 am

Couldn’t agree more! In Time was a total waste of time. Best part? The movie theatre popcorn. Justin is pretty, but not pretty enough to save the failed plot line.
Aundra | Fit for Life recently posted..Scenes from a Run

8 Lauren April 14, 2012 at 12:29 am

I thought the movie was interesting, but I have a thing for any type of dystopia. It made me think a lot about “the rules” in society and who is in control. Obviously, it was out there though, and I’m glad for that!
Lauren recently posted..Disney Princess Half Marathon 2012 – Part I: Getting There

9 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife April 14, 2012 at 1:03 am

I enjoyed “In Time”. I watched it on like President’s Day, and then made my husband watch it when he came home. I thought that the concept was incredibly intriguing and it made me think. I’m not sure that I would have enjoyed it had I not watched it at home.
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..April Randomness

10 Socal Rachel April 14, 2012 at 1:40 am

We must have our marathons the same weekend, except I’m doing a half. I’m following along with you on the running schedule, have 10 to do tomorrow. I signed up for She Runs LA 10K and will do the other 4 after. Cheers to taper time!
Socal Rachel recently posted..Return to Bangkok: Plan B – Jan 20

11 Bria April 14, 2012 at 6:45 am

Mmm bean burgs! I made Jenna’s (Eat, Live, Run) recipe last week and am going to heat up the last couple for lunch today. Yum!

Good luck with your 20! :D
Bria recently posted..Busting the “Healthy Eating is Expensive” Food Myth, Week 2 Recap

12 Allison April 14, 2012 at 7:34 am

You know, I liked it, but the husband hated it.
Wahoo for getting to start the taper soon!
Allison recently posted..Friday Confessions

13 Angela April 14, 2012 at 7:53 am

I liked the movie. I didnt really think about about the little details when I watched it. I am actually pretty pro capitalist, but this movie made me think about my position, at least a little.

14 Carissa April 14, 2012 at 9:28 am

I do not know what a raw rutabaga looks like. #fail
Carissa recently posted..5 Questions with Running With Sass

15 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 14, 2012 at 10:50 am

I didnt hate the movie but Im glad my husband and I didnt pay to see it at the theater!! Its def a rental! I dont have a clue what a rutabaga looks like but those fries look yummy!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Happy, Healthy, and Strong

16 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run April 14, 2012 at 11:01 am

I hear from almost everyone that In Time was just ok but the concept was really cool. Therefore, it has been sitting on my coffee table unwatched for about 2 weeks now. See Friends with Benefits if you want an awesome JT movie. :-)
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Fourth and Final

17 Carrie April 14, 2012 at 11:11 am

Interesting idea about the pretzels – maybe next time! Hope your 20 miles go well!
Carrie recently posted..Long Run Recap

18 Katie April 14, 2012 at 3:14 pm

I fell asleep at the end of In Time and had to ask my boyfriend if they lived…. I think the concept is interesting, although having the guy from Mad Men in there confused me (some actors have to remain the same character in my mind).
Katie recently posted..Karma at a Restaurant

19 Brittney April 14, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I actually really liked In Time and I didn’t think I would. It drew me in instantly.

20 Emily April 14, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Great Miles Meghann!!
Emily recently posted..Welcome to RunnerTrials!