more ยป" />

A New Suit

by Meghann on April 13, 2012

Happy Friday!

Can you tell Maddie is ready for the weekend?

IMG_1970.JPG

Or she’s just ready to go back to sleep. I may or may not have accidentally awoken her for that photo. ;)

Maddie and I slept like babies last night. After 5:00am wake up calls the last couple of days, it felt good to sleep in until 6:30. I wanted to get an easy run in this morning (before my monster 21 miler tomorrow morning) and just kept an 8:30-ish pace around the block. Six miles – done.

Breakfast time.

IMG_1964.JPG

The star of this morning’s cereal bowl was a container of the new new Chobani Blood Orange flavor. I found it for the first time in my local Publix last Saturday and wanted to try it. Chobani hasn’t created a flavor I disapprove of yet, so I had high expectations for this one.

IMG_1977.JPG

The good news is that it was good, I just wish the blood orange flavoring had been a tad bit stronger. Next time – more orange! ;)

The blood orange Chobani joined 1 cup of Cinnamon Kashi Go Lean Crisp, a granny smith apple, and a handful of walnuts in my morning bowl.

IMG_1966.JPG

A great bowl to start my day with!

Look what arrived while I was out of town yesterday – my new swimsuit!

IMG_1976.JPG

I ordered the white swimsuit from VictoriaSecret.com on Sunday night. (they ship fast!) I realized something when I was packing for the beach the other week – I have a drawer full of swimsuits but only two that I enjoy wearing. I had ordered my favorite basic blue and green swimsuits from VictoriaSecret.com years ago (2008 I think?) and despite purchasing a handful of swimsuits in the years that followed, they are still my go-to suits.

DSCN1892.JPG DSCN2137.JPG

So instead of fighting it (like I had previously by purchasing fun patterned swimsuits in different styles that I eventually lost interest in) I decided to just revisit Victoria Secret and order the same style in multiple colors. The good news is that the basic style I love is also the cheapest on the site (score!), but a few items were on back order. I’ll have to share the other colors I ordered when they arrive. For now, I think the white is fun and different (I’m not sure I’ve ever owned a white swim suit before) now I just need a beach to wear it to!

What’s your experience with swimsuits? Do you tend to stick with the same style/cut or go with something different every summer?

1 Krissy @ Shiawase Life April 13, 2012 at 10:44 am

You’re brave! I have always wanted a white swimsuit but due to my klutziness (spilling and dropping things constantly) I have never had the courage to do it! You’re gonna look fantastic in this, especially with a golden glow :)

2 Cait's Plate April 13, 2012 at 10:57 am

Oooh I love the new suit! I’m like you – I tend to stick to the same variety. It’s hard to find a good suit so when you do, you gotta stick with it!

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 13, 2012 at 10:58 am

I usually go for the same type of bathing suit top. And the bottom is always tricky … I have a small butt so I need a small size, but I don’t want it too tight on the midsection! Tricky tricky … ;) But yours is very cute!

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 13, 2012 at 11:00 am

If I find a suit I love I tend to buy a couple colors in it, that way I always have one to wear. Lol although I tend to buy mine from Old Navy or Target so I can afford to do that.

5 RunEatRepeat April 13, 2012 at 11:00 am

White swim suits are my favorite because they make my skin look less white :)

6 Daphne @ Candy Coated Runner April 13, 2012 at 11:03 am

I agree, once you find a style that works, I just stick with it. I have trouble finding bottoms that can “handle” my bottom so once I find that magic suit (still looking!) I’m going to buy quite a few!

7 Faith @ For the Health of It April 13, 2012 at 11:50 am

I’ve had the same suit for two years, and I hope to keep it forever. Kidding…sort of. It’s a simple halter in a solid (But super bright and fun) electric blue. I bought it when I was recovering from an eating disorder and the moment I tried it one was the moment I had my first “wow. I really actually love my body” moment…so it’s pretty sentimental. And yes, I still feel incredible every time I put it on!

8 Hillary April 13, 2012 at 12:07 pm

A white swimsuit is BRAVE. I’m impressed!

I have a black one piece that has been my fave for the last three years. It was so cheap, too! (Target, baby!)

9 Gillian @ That's G April 13, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I recently purchased my first Victoria’s Secret suit – I went with a color-blocked one (teal top, mint green bottoms). I’m so excited for it to stay hot in LA so it can make more appearances. This is the first suit I have purchased in YEARS so it was definitely time for an upgrade. :)

10 Erin April 13, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Are you worried that a white suit will become see-thru? That would be concern! I’m sure VS thought of that, though.

For YEARS I only owned two bikinis. I love them so much that I’ve actually had the clasp repaired on both of them. Last summer, though, I realized I needed a new “fitness” suit as well as a two piece I felt comfortable wearing while water skiing. Still not loving either of the ones I bought. Guess, like you, I prefer my old standbys!

11 Andrea April 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Love the swimsuit! The nice thing this white suit is that you don’t have to worry about it going out of style and you can wear it for several years if needed. There are some patterned swimsuits that I have still and I look back and say “what was I thinking?” lol

12 Heather April 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Love the new suit! I need to find one. I accidentally left my favorite suit behind at a hotel and haven’t been able to find one I like as much!

13 Tracey April 13, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Three words for you: TEST. IT. OUT!

Seriously, put on the suit and douse yourself in the shower. And then go outside in the sunshine and see if you can see through it. VS is notorious for saying their suits are “double lined for privacy” but then are very see-through in the sun!

Better to find that out in your back yard, than at a pool party with a bunch of friends. Check the top AND the bottom, if you know what I mean!! :)

I love good white bathing suits… I think they look very classy!!! :) :)

14 Cindy April 13, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I love that suit, but would be very curious to know if you test it like this before I order it!! Also, I think you are a similar build and size to me, what size did you get??

15 Megan April 13, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I’m crazy about not wanting tan lines (because I already have such a runner’s tank top tan), but that definitely limits my suit selection because I only want strapless! I’m shopping for a new suit, but am wary of buying online!

16 Carissa April 13, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I still don’t have a “go-to” bathing suit. I really dont enjoy shopping for them..but kudos to you for loving such a fun and easy to re-order one!

17 Carrie April 13, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Nice! I want to find a bandeau top to wear to the pool this summer to get rid of pesky tanlines. Maybe I should check out VS.

18 Emily N April 13, 2012 at 1:58 pm

You are brave with the white suit! I don’t think you would see a white suit on my pasty skin!
Good luck with your monster 21 tomorrow. Is it taper time after that?

19 Emily G. April 13, 2012 at 2:19 pm

hehe Me either – it would almost look like I’m walking around naked. You wouldn’t be able to tell where the bathing suit ends and my skin starts!

20 Rachel Wilkerson April 13, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I have a very similar white bikini from VS that I LOVE! Classic and still kind of different somehow!

21 Belinda April 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I had a white Banana Republic bikini that I loved. It looked good and white for a few years. Eventually it started to yellow. Enjoy the white suit! I think they are so fun :)

22 Lara @ TresLaLa to TinyLaLa April 13, 2012 at 2:27 pm

LOVE the look of white suits! But, I agree with commenter, Tracey, above. Be sure to test it out in the shower and make sure Derek takes pictures so that you can be SURE that there aren’t any areas that are see-thru!

23 Corey @ Learning Patience April 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Cute suit – awesomely brave too – never thought I could rock a white suit before…maybe fear of see through-ness??? not sure. Im sure you will look great in it…

xoxo from Trinidad

24 Beka April 13, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I tried the Blood Orange flavor a week or so ago, and I liked it but had the same sentiments as you. I wish it was slightly stronger in flavor!

Too funny, I just ordered almost the exact same white suit from VS a couple days ago!! I almost picked that exact top, but it didn’t quite fit as well as I had hoped, so I ordered the Belle bandeau instead. I also picked up a couple of the clearance bottoms for $2.99 since the white top would pretty much match anything! They should arrive hopefully monday :)

25 Sloane @ My Life in Florida April 13, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I like solid bathing suits too. I bought a few colors in a style from Target I liked and I can switch them up and I bought a few really cheap pattern tops to mix it up. VS and Target, I think have the best swim suits!

26 BroccoliHut April 13, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I am so impressed that Maddie can last 6 miles! Margot is still working on building up endurance with 1-2 milers :)
I tend to gravitate toward halter suits with good butt coverage on the bottoms, but I have that style in a zillion different patterns (think polka dots, flowers, stripes). I love the look of that white one, so maybe I’ll change it up with a solid color this year!

27 Life's a Bowl April 14, 2012 at 6:39 am

I was looking at VS’s website earlier this week and saw a handful of suits that I liked but the bottoms looked itty-bitty… I don’t need a pair of granny panites haha, but I do want my butt covered :P Do they have good coverage? True to size [aka S undies, S bottom]?

28 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement April 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I also love my VS suits in solids. They seem to spend time on the fit and really make a winning combo. White is great for the last days of vacation once you have a tan, but be diligent with the washing after being in the pool. Baby shampoo is my ‘go-to’ swimwear wash since it doesn’t ruin the elastic.