How to eat a case of mangos in a week

by Meghann on April 9, 2012

Remember that case of mangos Whole Foods gave me last month?

It’s gone.

It’s been gone for a while actually. Between the two of us, Derek and I managed to eat an entire case of mangos in less than a week. It was hard not to eat them so fast – mangos are such a juicy, versatile fruit and they pretty much work well in almost everything. Not to mention that they’re pretty fresh and delicious just on their own. ;)

I meant to write this post a couple of weeks ago, but better late than never. I wanted to share how we managed to devour a case on mangos on our own.

Here’s a look back at some of my favorite mango creations from the week.

Mango + Almond Butter Toast

Coconut Mango Curry with Shrimp

Mango-cado Sandwich

Cereal with Mango

Mango and Peanut Butter Waffles

Chocolate Mango P-Nutty Smoothie

Mango Parfait

Mango and Yogurt

Mango Cupcakes

Not to mention the many mangos that were eaten as is. ;)

I have to admit that by the end of the week I was a little sick of mangos, but after writing this post, I wouldn’t mind having another one right now. Yum. ;)

Does my lunch look familiar?

I dug into the weekend for lunch time inspiration. ;)

Starting with the leftover omelet veggies that I used to make a scramble with two eggs and feta cheese

A leftover biscuit with strawberry jam

IMG_1832.JPG%

And some of Derek’s mom’s leftover potato salad.

The BEST lunches are always the ones that follow holiday weekends. I <3 holiday leftovers! ;)

Psst… I updated the wedding page with information about our save-the-dates. Check it out!

1 Nanci April 9, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I love mangos!!! It all looks soooo yummy!
Nanci recently posted..Hello world!

2 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 9, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I bought two mangoes at whole foods the other day (on sale!) thinking it would take me a while to eat them. They were gone in 24 hours. oops.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Treadmill vs. Outdoor Running

3 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 9, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I really really want to try the mango-cado sandwich. It looks amazing!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Boston Marathon: Taper {1 week to go}

4 Cait April 9, 2012 at 4:53 pm

who won the mango case?! : )

5 Heather April 9, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Everything looks so good but especially the mango and peanut butter waffles. Yum!
Heather recently posted..Happy Easter Weekend!

6 Hillary April 9, 2012 at 5:16 pm

I’m pretty sure I said this the first time you posted that mango/avocado sandwich, but I really, really need to try that. Those are two of my favorite foods ever; I’m drooling just thinking about it! After that, I’ll give the mango curry a try. Yum.
Hillary recently posted..Spring Break Top Five

7 Cait's Plate April 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I wish I liked mangoes because all of those dishes look fabulous!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..My Pick of Plates

8 Katie April 9, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Hi Meghann, I know you’re probably incredibly busy, but I was wondering if you were ever going to do that final SXSW recap. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the overall experience!

9 Carrie April 9, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I LOVE mangoes! I’d have no problems eating an entire case either.
Carrie recently posted..Taking the plunge: Making chickpea cookie dough dip

10 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 9, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I don’t know how you finished off a whole case of mangoes! I was a little sick of seeing them just scrolling down your post! :)
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Runs With Friends

11 Laura @joyful shimmy April 9, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Omg that’s awesome. When I grew up in pr we had a mango tree that can basically fed a village. I just remember having mangoes to giveaway, now I wish I can have it back to try all of these recipes and ideas.
Laura @joyful shimmy recently posted..Three Steps for Making Self Care a Priority, Without Overwhelming Yourself {Guest Post}

12 Courtney April 9, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Mangoes are 10/$10 at Publix this week :D
Courtney recently posted..Injuries May Test You, But They Shouldn’t Break You

13 Christine (The Raw Project) April 9, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Great mango inspiration here, thanks!
Christine (The Raw Project) recently posted..Juicing for Cake

14 Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner April 9, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I had to try the Mang0-Cado sandwich. It was sublime. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner recently posted..Tofu Gyros–Yup, You Read That Right

15 Emily N April 10, 2012 at 8:52 am

I think I would like to try one in a smoothie. I am not a huge fan of the texture of mangoes, but with a smoothie it could work.
Emily N recently posted..Back to Running, after the Strength PUSH