more ยป" />

The end of One Tree Hill

by Meghann on April 6, 2012

Happy Friday!

Maddie earned a special Friday morning treat when I took her for an easy 3 mile run around the block this morning. We took it slow and Maddie made a couple of new doggie running friends.

After the run Maddie continued to wear herself down with a few speedy laps of the living room while I did the Tone in ’12 Ab Circuit <- hurt so good!

Cannoli cereal for breakfast.

• 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • 1/2 cup Quaker Oatmeal Squares
  • ricotta cheese
  • mini chocolate chips
  • fig jam
  • strawberries

And now I want a real cannoli. ;)

My One Tree Hill Story

I’ll never forget the first time I watched an episode of One Tree Hill. It was freshmen year of college and my roommates and I decided to randomly tune in for the series premiere. We were all instantly hooked and continued to tune in together for our weekly One Tree Hill fix.

210px-Original_five_of_One_Tree_Hill.jpg

My roommate Erin and I continued the weekly viewing parties through our sophomore year, but life got in the way and both of us struggled to keep up with the show after that. A few years went by where I wasn’t even sure the show was still on the air (minus the random commercials I saw for upcoming episodes). Then a couple of years ago I found One Tree Hill on Netflix and decided to play catch up. I watched close to 4 seasons of missed episodes and began to remember why we all fell in love with the show in the first place – it was good.

one tree hill final season.jpg

Even when a couple of the main characters dropped out of the show (miss you forever and always Peyton and Lucas) it still continued to pull me in with each new (to me) episode.

This season (the final season) was the first season since the beginning of the show that I actually made it a point to tune in each week for a new episode (with the help of the DVR). It’s funny how life has come full circle for both myself and the characters on the show since it began 9 years ago. Back then I was a freshmen in college, still dating my high school boyfriend, and undecided on my major. The gang of One Tree Hill were juniors in high school with the classic nerd versus jock high school plot line. Now I’m *gulp* 27, working for myself, and engaged to be married. The One Tree Hill gang basically turned into one big happy family and are now happy adults with wives, husbands, and kids.

I wouldn’t call the last season the best season (they probably would have been better stopping at 8), but I did still enjoy it, especially how they wrapped everything up in a neat little package for Wednesday night’s series finale. I HATE series that leave things up in the air for viewers to keep guessing on once the show is over, that’s so not cool. Yes, the ending was sappy, but it also made me smile knowing everyone is ok in the end. :)

Did you watch One Tree Hill? What did you think of the series finale?

Psst… congrats to Sarah from The Shu Box on the birth of her beautiful baby girl last night!!! :)

1 Ali April 6, 2012 at 10:24 am

Oh my gosh… I have watched OTH since I was a freshman in college too… my how the times have changed. I missed a few seasons also, and I haven’t watched any episodes this season, but now I think I might have to play catch up for old times sake!

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 6, 2012 at 10:26 am

I watched it years ago, but it’s been a while. My favorite finale was “Friends.” They did a nice job of wrapping everything up.

And I want your breakfast. Yum. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Just call me Shakira.

3 Meghann April 6, 2012 at 10:35 am

Yes! Oddly enough I remember watching the finale of Friends in my freshmen dorm, as well as Sex and the City. :)

4 Emily N April 6, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Oh my gosh. I was a soph when friends wrapped up and we DEFINITELY had 10 girls in our dorm to watch!
Emily N recently posted..Wisdom Teeth give you Wisdom?

5 Jill April 6, 2012 at 10:33 am

Yes! LOVE OTH! Haven’t watched the series finale yet (watching it tonight!), but I’m so sad to see it go. Have a feeling lots of tissues will be needed for this one …

6 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life April 6, 2012 at 11:01 am

I am a One Tree Hill lover from the beginning. I remember watching the first episode the night it aired when I was 14/15 and I watched every episode until it ended last week. I feel like part of my childhood ended lol :)
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..A Quick Pasta with Peanut Sauce

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 6, 2012 at 11:04 am

I watched One Tree Hill for a few seasons in high school, but then it just started to get a little outrageous for me and I stopped watching. That seems to happen with a lot of shows, after a few seasons they start to stretch my suspension of belief!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Tips for New Bloggers

8 Cait's Plate April 6, 2012 at 11:05 am

I watched One Tree Hill for the first season then completely fell off from the show. My sister and brother-in-law watched through the WHOLE thing though!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..My Secrets Are Out

9 Megan @ Megan's Munchies April 6, 2012 at 11:20 am

Never watched One Tree Hill, but I sure am craving a cannoli now!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Funfetti Cookie Cups

10 Army Amy* April 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I think OTH is so campy and goofy, but that’s what I like about it. I don’t watch the show regularly (although I frequently get sucked into old episodes played on SoapNet). I did catch the series finale. I agree that they did a pretty good job of wrapping things up. It was maybe a little too sentimental for my taste, but that’s just sort of how OTH is.*
Army Amy* recently posted..Three Things Thursday: High and Low Edition

11 sara April 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I just watched the finale last night and when they said that it premiered in September of 2003 I couldn’t believe it! I’ve been watching from the beginning. When it started I was a senior in college and had just moved in with an ex boyfriend (and was already miserable). Since it’s started I’ve gone through a huge break up, graduated college, had my first real job, gone back to school, graduated law school, and met my now fiance. Amazing what can happen in 9 years!

12 Caitlin @ this Bride's Joyride April 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I watched the first few seasons of OTH and LOVED it. But somehow stopped watching it and found myself randomly watching an episode here or there over the past two seasons – which was confusing! I ended up watching the series finale and the pre-series finale and found myself crying. Now I can’t wait to netflix all the seasons I missed!

I’d like a cannoli now too please :)

13 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 6, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I never consistently watched One Tree Hill but in high school I went on a trip to Wilmington, NC where the filmed the show and got to tour the set. It was really cool!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Friday Things

14 Melissa April 6, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I haven’t watched the finale yet but I am SO happy to hear they wrapped everything up. I was really hoping they weren’t going to leave several plotlines hanging. I had watched the first season but then completely stopped. Thankfully SoapNet airs them pretty regularly and I was caught up to speed in no time!
Melissa recently posted..Nuun Hood to Coast Relay Application 2012

15 Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups April 6, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I actually never watched an episode of One Tree Hill but still tuned into the series finale!
Jessica @ Sushi & Sit-Ups recently posted..Morning workouts: what works for me

16 Melissa @TryingtoHeal April 6, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I totally watched it. I missed a few years too and should try and get them on Netflix!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Side Notes: Restaurant Bail by Amy Lauren

17 Laura April 6, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I was a junior in high school when it started and watched it all the way through, except for most of season 8. I actually really loved this season nd all the closure it gave us. It was one of the most over-the-top shows (a fog eating a heart in a hospital?!), but I really loved it. How touching was that fan special before the finale? I’ve had a lot of cool personal experiences with the show too, from being in quite a few episodes (and apparently even made it into the finale in an old clip), meeting the cast on many, my occasions and making some great friends through the show. It’s weird it’s no longer on the air!

So happy you posted about this! It’s always nice to know others share my love of some guilty pleasure shows.

18 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 6, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I watched OTH faithfully for a few years. A few years ago I remember it was near cancellation but it was brought back. I stopped watching then and didn’t know it was still on. We were flipping through channels on Wednesday and saw it. We had to watch. It was sappy and cheesy but I enjoyed it.
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Easter Eggs and Spring Hiking

19 Sarah April 6, 2012 at 8:52 pm

While I don’t watch One Tree Hill, I have to tell you that your constant use of berries has been making my really want some berries. You eat fantastic healthy stuff.

20 Ricole Runs April 6, 2012 at 11:30 pm

It’s funny because I probably watched te first 4 seasons as well, and then none until I randomly turned on the tv and watched the finale! I kept waiting for chad Michael Murray and Peyton to pull a cameo! Why not?!
Ricole Runs recently posted..Track Tuesday & A Warning Against the Use of CFLs!

21 Sara@RunningInPinkProject April 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Ohhhh I have the last OTH saved on my TIVO. I havent watched it yet. Love that show though!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Easter Weekend With The Fam