more ยป" />

Hey

by Meghann on April 6, 2012

I love it when Orlando friends come to visit. :)

Or… you know.. I love when they just happen to be in town for the Frozen Four and are free to meet for lunch. Hey! I’ll take when I can get!

Hi Danielle!

Danielle is said Orlando friend who just happened to be in town for the Frozen Four and was looking for a good place for lunch. I told her she had to try Cafe Hey and that I would see her there.

I <3 Cafe Hey. It’s a tiny little place in a not-so-great area of town that just happens to have the best kale salad in Tampa.

Of course, after talking up the kale salad, they were out of it. Boo. They did have regular ole garden salad, which was extra yummy with the homemade hummus.

Also, the festival turkey sandwich (turkey, cheese, cranberry relish, and dijon mustard) was pretty delish as well. I’m pretty much sold on any turkey sandwich that includes cranberry relish. ;)

Danielle and I played catch up before she had to jet back to her friends in downtown. I stayed behind to take advantage of Cafe Hey’s free WiFi (another reason Cafe Hey rocks) and enjoy an iced coffee (they serve Buddy Brew here! <- best coffee in Tampa!)

The chocolate biscotti was calling my name as well.

Worth it. :)

In other news…. Kelly and I FINALLY booked our flights to Cincinnati for Flying Pig! It’s coming up – less than a month to go!

• Registration
  • Hotel
  • Flight
  • Train

Gulp. There’s no backing out now. Come May 5th, we’re running a marathon!!

What’s your next big race?

1 Carolyn April 6, 2012 at 3:01 pm

What’s the deal with Cafe Hey? They were out of kale salad last time I went. Boo is right. I almost started to cry. (Stupid pregnancy hormones.)

My husband went there last night for dinner since he was working late. He was in his suit (probably sticking out like a sore thumb) and they were having open mic night. He had some funny stories for me when he got home.

2 Carolyn April 6, 2012 at 3:02 pm

PS – My pregnancy is on the DL on Facebook, twitter, etc. :)

3 Cait's Plate April 6, 2012 at 3:07 pm

That cafe looks awesome – I could definitely get into a place like that (the free Wi-Fi is HUGE). That sandwich…OH MY!

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 6, 2012 at 3:08 pm

So jealous! I thought about making flying pig my first marathon, but I have a final the afternoon before! Although I’m glad I didn’t, I so would not be ready for those hills! Chicago will be much more suitable!

5 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife April 6, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I hope that you enjoy Cincy! Where did you decide to stay for a hotel?

I just got an email about the inaugural Purdue half-marathon this fall. I’m thinking about it. (It’s my alma mater.)

6 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City April 6, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Ahh so exciting about your race!

I’m running Boston next week, I can’t wait :)

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 6, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I love the name of that place … I wonder how they came up with that one?! :)

8 Caitlin @ this Bride's Joyride April 6, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Any sandwich that is anything similar to thanksgiving (i.e. cranberry and turkey) I am always down with!!!

I have a duathlon next weekend….ahhhhh!

9 Beka April 6, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I have a couple of 5k’s this month, but the next big one is the Lady Speed Stick Women’s Half in Novemeber. I think I might try to do a couple of halfs before Decemeber ends though!
I’m hoping I can sub 2hr by then! Plenty of time for lots of training!

10 Carrie April 6, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Yum – that salad looks delicious! I love the big dollop of hummus.

11 Anne P April 6, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Awww I miss Cafe Hey! Jenna and I used to go there :)

12 Emily N April 6, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Good deal. Hooray for booking your flight! Where did you end up getting a room? 30 days to go!

13 Racheal @ Running with Racheal April 6, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Now I am craving hummus. :)

My next big race is the Hospital Hill half in Kansas City and then *possibly* the Nike Women’s full in SF in October!

14 Erika@YouJustDidWhat April 6, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Next big race: OC Half…lets hope I’m ready for it!

15 Lauren April 6, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Inaugural Hollywood Half tomorrow!!! That food looks so yummy but don’t think my tummy could handle it pre race.

16 Michelle April 6, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Next race is tomorrow 1/2 marathon in good ol’ NH. Next big BIG race in October, ING full in Hartford, CT.

17 Angela April 6, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I love turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce! makes me think of thanksgiving…on a bun :)

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 6, 2012 at 5:32 pm

That sandwich looks tasty!! YAH for an upcoming marathon! That rocks :)

19 Becca April 6, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Ohhhh that cafe looks cool :) I need to try and find some places like that in Virgina Beach!

20 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 6, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Next big race is May 6th, Wallis Sands 1/2 Marathon. I’ll do a few 5ks here and there in prep for my first marathon in September!

So weird that the Frozen Four is in Florida!

21 Jessica Krogman April 6, 2012 at 9:21 pm

The pig half marathon will be my first half. EEEEKKKKK!!! Nervous!

22 Heather April 6, 2012 at 10:16 pm

exciting!!!
my next big race is my first marathon! i’m running the rock n’ roll san diego – hoping it runs smoothly after reading your experience in las vegas!

23 Chuck April 7, 2012 at 2:38 am

Hey hey lay off my neighborhood! Lol, Cafe Hey is only barely outside of Channelside!

24 Heather April 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm

That sandwich looks so good! I love cranberry sauce. My next big race is a trail half marathon (my first!) next Saturday. It’s also my 40th birthday that day. :)

25 Stacey @starpulp April 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Yay for Buddy Brew! ;)

26 Mary April 8, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Glad you’ve finally gotten a flight! I’ll see you in Cincinnati! :)