more ยป" />

Mango-cado Sandwich

by Meghann on March 23, 2012

I have another mango recipe for you. ;)

This one was inspired by the various mango and avocado salsa recipes referenced in the comments of this post. Only instead of a salsa, it’s in sandwich form.

Introducing…. The Mango-cado Sandwich

Make this. Now. Trust me. It was so good that I didn’t want the sandwich to ever be over.

It was easy too. Just fresh mango, avocado, sharp cheddar cheese, and turkey.

Placed on the George Foreman and grill panini style for a good 5 minutes (gotta make sure that cheese is nice and melted!).

No condiments were needed – the mango and the avocado sort of squished into each other and created a silky, creamy layer of yumminess. The savory sharp cheese and smoky turkey only enhanced the sweetness of the mango and the avocado pulled it all together. Delicious.

My mango-cado sandwich was served with fresh snap peas and blue corn chips with salsa.

An amazing Friday lunch. :)

Question: What do you prefer – panini style sandwich or regular?

1 Mary @ food and fun on the run March 23, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I love hot sandwiched! Paninis all the way :)

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 23, 2012 at 2:19 pm

wow this looks so delicious!! i love the unique combo of ingredients you used. i’m a huge fan of panini style sandwiches! the addition of melty cheese totally makes it though!

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm

that looks amazing! I can’t remember the last time I had a panini! I like the melted aspect of a panini, but I also like regular because I can pull them apart and eat separate bits… they both have good attributes! haha

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Mmmmm…I might make this with just the avocado and mango…is that weird? ;)

5 Sarah @BlondeBostonian March 23, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I love the mix of the sweet (mango) and savory (cheese & turkey)! YUMM! This is a creative idea for a sandwich, can’t wait to try.

6 Hillary March 23, 2012 at 2:30 pm

These are like my favorite combinations ever. And panini—definitely panini!

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 23, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I am so jealous of you right now … that sandwich looks amazing! I love panini sandwiches. The warm crispy bread and gooey cheese combination always make me so happy! :)

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm

This is such a unique sandwich! It sounds delicious :) I have to say panini. There is nothing like that toasty bread!

9 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Panini-fied for sure! I like sandwiches, but toasting them takes them to an entiiiiiirely different level! :) Sorry, I get a little excited about this sort of stuff!

10 Lindsey March 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm

umm, yeah that would be the best sandwich ever! I just saw that there is a case of mangos for $7 at my local grocery store and very tempted to buy them. Panini style all the way!

11 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe March 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Dear lord, that sounds incredible. Going to buy mangoes, stat.

12 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I love paninis! We dont have a panini maker or a george foreman – so I’ve been known to use my waffle maker!

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 23, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I LOVe paninis!! We have a panini maker and we use it quuuiiittteee often ;) I don’t like avocado, but I do like the idea of mango and cheese and turkey. YUMM!

14 Justine Duppong @ Life With Cheeseburgers March 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Definitely a nice change from the usual grilled cheese I go for! Although I’m thinking I may have to go meatless–with extra cheese–if I make this today (Lent)…

15 Lauren March 23, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Now that is a fantastic idea! Mango and turkey are a perfect pair.

16 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 23, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Paninis! Nothing is better than melted cheese :)

17 Victoria (District Chocoholic) March 23, 2012 at 4:11 pm

That is a positively brilliant flavor combination.

18 erica March 23, 2012 at 4:32 pm

i love panini style! i just ate one yesterday! :)

19 Socal Rachel March 23, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Panini all the way! Wishing I had some mango to make this now.

20 Life's a Bowl March 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Pressed sandwiches have been a hit in our house lately- especially cheese + hummus… Super creamy and dreamy :P

21 Cait March 23, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I love odd things. and that looks odd. so I love it! :)

22 BroccoliHut March 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I am sending this post to my fiance Seth–he eats at least one turkey sandwich, every day of his life, so this would be a great way for him to make it a little more exciting!

23 Serena March 23, 2012 at 7:50 pm

That sandwhich sounds so good.

24 The Many Thoughts of a Reader March 23, 2012 at 8:55 pm

That looks yummy!

25 Tracy @ Commit to Fit March 23, 2012 at 9:01 pm

What a great combo. I am trying this tomorrow!

26 Cindy @ Once Upon a Loaf March 23, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Darnit!! I baked some baguettes today for sandwiches and intended to get avocados but the store didn’t have any! The nerve of them! I’ll pick up those and turkey at another store tomorrow. Mmmm. Thanks!

27 Chelsea March 23, 2012 at 10:52 pm

I found your blog on a whim, and had to stop to revel in that glorious sandwich. It looks amazing! I think I’m going to have to try to grill it very, very soon. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

28 Caroline March 23, 2012 at 11:23 pm

This looks amazing and I’ve starred it in google reader to remind myself to make it. Yumm!!

29 Xiomara March 24, 2012 at 7:14 am

Paninis for me! Will have to try this. What a great combination of flavors.

30 Esther March 27, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I am so jealous of your mango concoctions…it was one of my favorite fruits, until I developed this bizarre allergy to it. Enjoy lots of it for me! I’m living vicariously through the pictures you post :)