more ยป" />

A Little Bit of Everything

by Meghann on March 22, 2012

I think lunch may be my favorite meal of the day.

It’s my favorite because there generally isn’t much thought process that goes into it. Just open the fridge, figure out what there is, and make a random meal accordingly. No need to worry about what someone else thinks or whether there’s enough for two – it’s just me and I like that. :)

I had fun with today’s lunch. I literally just kept pulling things from the fridge until I reached a full plate of food. First up was the hummus that I paired with carrot sticks and pretzels.

Then I found the rest of yesterday’s veggies and dumped that on the plate too.

I originally pulled the tortillas out with the intention of cutting one into quarters and dipping it in the hummus, but then I found some cheese and figured a mini quesadilla would be even better.

Random. Delicious. Filling. :)

Bridal Shower Update

THANK YOU for all of your wonderful bridal shower advice on Monday! I spent a good portion of the ride home on Tuesday researching bridal shower themes and I think we’re doing a picnic theme for the party.

A modern picnic with a purple twist. ;)

It would be fun to go all out with a setup similar to this…

But it’s too hot in April in Florida and I’m not sure any of the grandmothers, great aunts, or anyone in a dress would appreciate sitting in the grass. Still – a fun idea. :)

I’m still going over some ideas for the menu and games with the other bridesmaids (we can’t give everything away!), but it’s nice to have a theme to tie everything back to!

1 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 22, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I love double carbs.

2 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat March 22, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Ooh I love those photos! I think themed parties are the way to go – they definitely make for fun accessory/decor shopping!

3 Kathy March 22, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Random comment….I noticed you change up the “main” picture in your title a lot…its fun to see what mood you are in…b/c I am assuming that has something to do with the photo you choose.

;-)

Summer!!??

4 Meghann March 23, 2012 at 11:44 am

It’s a rotating photo. Every time you hit refresh a new photo should pop up. :)

5 Sara March 22, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Did anyone mention the bubble gum game? I’m not much of a party game person, but we did this at my sister’s bridal shower and it was hilarious for everyone. My other sister asked my sister’s fiance a bunch of questions about them and their relationship (first kiss, first date, nickname, etc.) and videotaped his answers. At the shower she asked my sister the same question and then played her fiance’s answers. If my sister got one wrong she had so chew a piece of bubble gum. At the end she had to pull the super long piece of bubble gym for photo (as I type, sounds kind of gross). You could totally skip the gum and just do the questions and video, it was really cute and funny.

6 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 22, 2012 at 3:15 pm

The Quesadilla looks absolutely incredibly amazing for some reason!! I love snacky lunches like that!

7 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm

haha yea, I don’t think the older ladies or any ladies in shorter skirts would want to be sitting in the grass! But I like the concept!

8 Sana March 22, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I don’t like the idea of making the bride do something embarrassing. I went to a shower where we had to spray the bride with silly string everytime she got an answer about the groom wrong.
It was awk.

9 Becca March 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Your lunch likes delicious :) I love having meals that combine a little bit of everything. I like to say I’m having a picnic lunch.

10 Olivia March 22, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Maybe you mean “may be”.

11 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 22, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Oooh FUN theme!! I like it!

12 Life's a Bowl March 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Snacky lunches are def my fave kinda lunch! A little fruit and veggies, some salty and sweet… Perfection!

13 cam@mtl-fitness March 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Hi Meghann! I just want to tell you that I love your blog and read it religiously! :) Also, with all that running, do you ever get cramps? and how do you deal with them? This past week, it seems like I have gotten one everytime I went out for a run and always at the same spot, right side of the stomach…:( Thanks and keep up the good work!