Last Night’s Dinner = This Morning’s Breakfast

by Meghann on March 18, 2012

Good morning. :)

We’ve had a lazy morning around these parts. We slept in, had a great breakfast, and now we’re gathering our things and preparing for destination #2 of our trip around the A-T-L.

Derek’s cousin Sarah spoiled us this morning with a delicious Sunday morning feast. Her secret ingredient? Last night’s left overs!

She picked out the asparagus and sugar snap peas from last night’s potato salad and used them as a filler for the turkey and cheese omelets she was preparing.

IMG_0714.JPG IMG_0720.JPG

Between the cheese, turkey, and honey mustard vinaigrette that still coated the veggies, these omelets were extra tasty this morning. So full of flavor and fun to eat.

The remaining potato salad was scooped up and served on the side.

Cinnamon rolls were also prepped and served as a special Sunday morning treat. When I was growing up, it was a big deal when ever we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast because it wasn’t a treat we had very often. There were only 8 in a container, so each of the kids were only allowed 1.5 cinnamon rolls to keep it fair. There were a lot of ‘his half is bigger than my half!’ arguments back then.

Post-breakfast cutie.

And we’re off to explore!

CONGRATS to all the racers this weekend!!! Looks like race season has officially exploded all over the country this weekend – my Facebook and twitter feeds are full of finishers. Woo hoo!!!!

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I used to love garage sale days when I was a kid because that was the only time we ever really got donuts because they were a real treat. Funny thing is I don’t even really like donuts now…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Irish Soda Bread

2 Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 18, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I so want breakfast now after seeing all your pics! Enjoy exploring!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Guinness Brownies with Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm

What a good idea to use the leftover potato salad, those omelets sound so good! have fun!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..A to Z Survey

4 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Awwww.. I miss cinnamon rolls! We used to have the orange cinnamon rolls on special occasions, like Christmas!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Day of Fun

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Wow, that omlet looks delicious!! And I firmly believe that cinnamon rolls make any day a little better. 😉
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Where’s all the Fro-Yo?

6 Serena March 18, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I love omlets and that one looks particularly delicious.
Serena recently posted..Sunday Runday

7 Sara@RunningInPinkProject March 18, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I havent had one of those tubed cinnamon rolls since I was a kid. YUM!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..Peaches and Cream Oatmeal and Back to Basics Running

8 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 18, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Putting leftovers into an omelet is such a great (and yummy) idea!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Chi-rish

9 Rachel March 18, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Im first a cyclist and finished my first 5K…I”m hooked!

10 Sloane @ My Life in Florida March 18, 2012 at 10:20 pm

I just moved from Atlanta to Florida! I miss it so bad! :( I hope you have fun!
Sloane @ My Life in Florida recently posted..Blogging Hiatus

11 Kristen March 19, 2012 at 1:40 am

Yumm that breakfast looks so good!
Kristen recently posted..‘Merican Beer Headgear

12 Emily March 19, 2012 at 2:03 pm

That omelet looks AMAZING.
Emily recently posted..Marathon Training: Week 11 in review