I missed it

by Meghann on March 15, 2012

Good Morning!

When I left for Austin last Tuesday I thought I was being good. I wrote out the next couple of New Rules of Lifting workouts, folded them up, placed them in my bag, and swore I would sneak one or two in while I was away. That was a nice little dream I had, but it definitely wasn’t reality.

In truth, squeezing the NROLFW workouts in on the road really wasn’t possible. The workouts require free weights and machines (though ‘technically’ the book claims these workouts could be done at home, I’m not sure how that is possible without a set of free weights on hand) and I didn’t have access to either on the trip. Our hotel gyms were all bare and mainly just housed a cardio machine or two.

So I held off on the NROLFW workouts and took a mini break. After really wanting to just run yesterday, this morning was the first chance I’ve had to do the workouts.

I completed Stage 7-5 and was more than happy to be back in the weight room of my gym. The workout actually seemed to go faster this time around, maybe because I was just so excited to be at it again? I attacked each move and even chatted it up with my gym friends to fill them in on where I had been. It was a great morning that reminded me why working out is so much fun.

Does anyone else daydream about their next meal at the gym? Just me?

This morning my breakfast daydream was all about the left over cornbread I had in the fridge. I wanted to turn it into something fabulous and decided a PB2 ‘sauce’ (just PB2 thinned with extra milk) would be the best best. I covered the cornbread in the sauce, then topped it with raisins and walnuts.

The combination was fabulous.

A fresh peach was served on the side.

The peach was perfect for extra sauce cleanup. ;)

Any Pretty Little Liar fans our there?

I just caught up on the last episode and can’t believe they’re revealing who A is next week! Any guesses who it might be? Right now it could literally be anyone!

1 Meghan R March 15, 2012 at 10:09 am

Totally a PLL fan… no clue who it is, or how they will keep things going if we know who it is. I’m thinking the audience will find out who it is, but the girls wont.

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 15, 2012 at 10:11 am

I am a huge fan of Pretty Little Liars! I’m thinking that A is either Jenna, Mona or Melissa. I thought the last episode was so good! I cannot wait for Monday! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My A to Z Survey…

3 Megan @ Life As Megan Knows It March 15, 2012 at 10:13 am

I actually have never seen Pretty Little Liars but I Heard it’s pretty good. Maybe I should add it to my Netflix.
Megan @ Life As Megan Knows It recently posted..Daily Burn Hunger Games Event

4 christine @ BookishlyB March 15, 2012 at 10:15 am

I always thinkg about what I’m going to eat during shavasana at yoga. Meditate… about dinner ;)
christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Nonfiction Nagging- Eating Animals

5 Yellow Haired Girl March 15, 2012 at 10:17 am

I most definitely daydream about my next meal! I’m usually planning my lunch while I eat breakfast, supper while I eat lunch, and breakfast is the last thing on my mind before I drift off to sleep :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..It’s A Curse

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 15, 2012 at 10:22 am

Wow, that breakfast looks awesome! I love cornbread!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..WIAW: The night dinner was thrown out.

7 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life March 15, 2012 at 10:24 am

I love pretty little liars, I even got my hubs to watch it too! I keep going back and forth about who A is, but I really have NO CLUE!!!

I literally can’t wait for next week’s episode, its going to be a good one!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted.."What I Ate" Wednesday – Attack the Snacks!

8 Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 15, 2012 at 10:35 am

Yummy combination! Definitely craving breakfast now!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Happy National Pi(e) Day

9 Cait's Plate March 15, 2012 at 10:40 am

I most definitely day dream about my next meal while at the gym! I’m pretty much always thinking about what my next meal is going to be at some point or another! Haha.

And I haven’t kept up with Pretty Little Liars…I watched it when it first came out cause I was a huge Lucy Hale fan (so sad Privileged got canceled!) but then it just got overwhelming to keep up with all the shows and that one fell off! Maybe I’ll try to catch up over the summer!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Later Sunrise

10 Erin March 15, 2012 at 10:44 am

I think A’s going to Rehn (is that how you spell his name? the British Doctor). I think at this point it’s far too predictable to make A Melissa, Jenna, Garrett, etc. And they said they won’t copy who A is in the book series. Not sure who specifically it will be, Rehn’s just a guess, but I bet it will be someone we haven’t suspected before!

11 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 10:56 am

Did you read the book series? Who was ‘A’? It didn’t even occur to me to look that up! But good to know they said it won’t be the same person.

12 Erin March 15, 2012 at 11:00 am

I didn’t actually read the book but I looked it up online once (I got very impatient waiting 2 seasons to find out who A is haha) and Mona is A and there’s a big twist with Allison having an evil twin sister. But I’m 95% sure this isn’t a spoiler alert for the show since they’ve said in interviews that they will change it and the story line has drifted a lot.

I love that other people are so into this show too. I realize it’s basically a soap opera for tweens but it’s addicting!

13 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 11:06 am

Interesting. Mona was acting very suspicious in the last episode with what felt like the fake text from A. Do you think they incorporated Allison’s evil twin sister into the story line with the Vivienne alias?

14 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 15, 2012 at 11:01 am

That peach looks so good! I keep seeing them pop up on blogs, I can’t wait until they make their way to Chicago!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Spreading the Love

15 Hillary March 15, 2012 at 11:06 am

I’m the person who watches Food Network at the gym, so yes, I absolutely plan my meals during workouts ; )
Hillary recently posted..Recovery

16 Jen@FoodFamilyFitness March 15, 2012 at 11:19 am

I just finished the episode a few minutes ago, I love PLL! I have always had a sneaking suspicion that Mona is actually “A.” I’m excited to find out who it really is!!
Jen@FoodFamilyFitness recently posted..A Fitness Brag

17 Ally March 15, 2012 at 11:22 am

I thought pretty little liars was a kid’s (or teenagers) show?

18 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I’m pretty sure it’s in the ‘young adult’ category, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be a guilty pleasure for the 20-somethings of us out there. :)

19 Amanda March 15, 2012 at 11:23 am

I LOVE PLL too! I don’t know what I’ll do once it’s over for the season! I think I tend to watch more for the Ezra/Aria plot…I just think they’re so cute together! I had a slight suspicion that it’s Mike, Aria’s brother..but who knows! After next week’s episode you should post another question for discussion on who A is…would be so fun :)

20 Racheal @ Running with Racheal March 15, 2012 at 11:23 am

I don’t think they will really reveal who A is. But…for some reason I think it is Mona! Hehehe.
Racheal @ Running with Racheal recently posted..Bake Sale Sabotage

21 Leah March 15, 2012 at 11:23 am

I’ve gone back and forth on who A is… but I keep going back to it being Alison… anybody else?? My money is that this is all a big ploy to find out who was messing with Alison and to make it stop so she started messing with her friends… it totally makes sense- in my mind. Anybody??

22 Meghann March 15, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I would believe it was Allison if they had not found her body. But who knows – maybe page 5 of the autopsy report will have something to say about that.

23 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 15, 2012 at 11:24 am

Workouts always leave me STARVING so i’m always thinking about my next meal..
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..WIAW

24 Emily March 15, 2012 at 12:25 pm

nice job getting back into your lifting routine!
Emily recently posted..A Little Range Action

25 Taryn @ Careeristas March 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I am so excited to hear you’re a Pretty Little Liars fan!! I have Monday’s episode on DVR and plan to catch up Saturday morning….I can’t get enough of the show. Reveal A already!
Taryn @ Careeristas recently posted..LinkedIn Tutorial Series: Your Profile Picture

26 Ally March 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I thought mona too but since hearing that shes A in the book and that they are changing that for the show then I have no clue! Adore that show!

27 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Your breakfast looks amazing… what a creative way to use cornbread!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Almost Thursday

28 Army Amy* March 15, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I suspect Mona. I think for sure it won’t be anyone that the girls expect. That’d be too easy!*
Army Amy* recently posted..My Joy Cup Runneth Over

29 Serena March 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I can never find ripe peaches. That looks so good. I’m jealous.

30 corey @ learning patience March 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Wow…thanks for the heads up…can’t miss that episode – I heart that show!

xoxo from Trinidad
corey @ learning patience recently posted..Randomly Awesome

31 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 15, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Love PLL, I know who A is ;) I read the book so I cheated haha. I won’t say though!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..ABC’s of Me

32 Life's a Bowl March 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I can’t get enough of the PB + raisin combo, so good! It’s been my go-to topping for the past couple of weeks for waffles, pancakes, toast, cereal…
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Three Things Thursday 3.15.12

33 Irina @ ChocolaTeaTime March 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I LOVE Pretty Little Liars! It’s my guilty pleasure show :) Out of all the shows that air on Monday night (trust me- there are a lot that I watch), PLL is by far my favorite and most anticipated. I’m counting down the days until Monday!