more ยป" />

Crazy for Twizzlers

by Meghann on March 12, 2012

The Twizzlers have returned! ;)

We killed a large pack of Twizzlers on the way to Austin and had to restock for the return trip home. Rumor has it that Joshua claimed the packages of Twizzlers at the first gas station ‘unworthy’ because they weren’t large enough (our car requires a LOT of Twizzlers ;) ). Luckily we were eventually able to locate a large family pack of Twizzlers that met his approval. We’ve been enjoying them two or three at a time and have no shame. ;)

I think the rain is following us from Austin.

That – plus all the roadwork traffic and one or two extra stops(whoops) – means our drive is turning out to be just a tad longer than we were originally anticipating. We should be home right around the same time the sun is rising. Awesome.

I’ve only pulled an all-nighter road trip once before back in college. We left Tallahassee around 5:30pm the first Friday of Spring Break and didn’t arrive in Ft. Lauderdale (our final destination) until 5:00am the next morning. It was quite an adventure heading down there – we hit major spring break/ construction traffic on I10, stopped at my parents’ house, witnessed an accident on I95, had to give our statements to the cops, and got lost. We ended up staying up and watching the sunrise together before heading out to breakfast at a local pancake house. After all that, we managed 2 hour naps before hitting the beach.

That particular road trip resulted in a lot of fun stories that we still joke about and share today, but I’m hoping this one is a little less adventurous – I’m just ready to be home. I miss Derek and Maddie!

We stopped for our first dinner (we’re expecting the need for a ’4th meal’ later on) at Jason’s Deli.

We were originally looking for a Panera, but OnStar couldn’t locate one near us. He did find a Jason’s Deli, which was just as good in my book. ;)

When we were in Tallahassee, Joshua ordered a ruben sandwich that looked so good that he’s had me craving one ever since. Jason’s Deli carries a Turkey Ruben on their ‘lighter’ menu. It’s lighter because they ditch the thousand island and replace it with spicy mustard – a request I usually make anyways.

The ruben was loaded with saurkraut (yum!) and turkey. It was delicious and really hit the spot.

On the side I requested the blue corn chips and guacamole. I was expecting just blue corn chips with salsa, so the guac was a nice surprise when the option presented itself. :)

It’s getting late and I think we’re all starting to rub our eyes and let out a few yawns.

Good thing I have some wedding-planning activities to keep me entertained until my next driving shift.

(p.s. creating a wedding site is a lot more work than I anticipated! – why did no one warn me of this?!)

Roughly 800 miles down and 400 more to go!

Are we there yet?! ;)

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 12, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I love that picture with the frame by the way! :)

2 Jen @ Whittle My Middle March 12, 2012 at 11:46 pm

The website is looking really good so far :)

3 Sana March 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm

:) You can do it, drive carefully!

4 Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 12, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Now I am craving Twizzlers!!!

5 Samantha March 13, 2012 at 12:27 am

Wow. The web site looks stunning. I also like that pic with the frame…though my favorite might be the very last one on the photographer’s blog where your faces are cut off, but you are laughing. It made me smile. But all the shots are beautiful. :)

6 Christine @ BookishlyB March 13, 2012 at 12:39 am

See, right now an overnight road trip sounds like a fun adventure. But I know, almost for certain, that by about one or two am I’d be completely over it! 28 and getting old :)

7 Chelsea March 13, 2012 at 12:52 am

Fact I was eating twizzlers when one of my back molars cracked in half and I had to have a root canal =X

8 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 13, 2012 at 6:41 am

The drive home from a road trip is always the worst. On the way to the destination you are filled with excitement. On the way home, you just want to get HOME!

Safe travels!

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 13, 2012 at 7:48 am

Have you tried Chocolate Twizzlers?! They are my absolute favorite. So good :)

Your wedding site looks beautiful!

10 Emily March 13, 2012 at 7:49 am

Ooo yum! That guac looks like a GREAT surpirse!

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 13, 2012 at 7:49 am

I love Jason’s Deli! And yes, the wedding website can take a bit of work. Now that I think of it, I wonder what ever happened to my wedding website?! I don’t even remember how to access it!

12 Serena March 13, 2012 at 8:46 am

Liquorice is one of my strange and frequent craving!

13 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 13, 2012 at 9:26 am

The best part about Jason’s Deli are the free ice cream cones :)

I’m glad you’re making progress and will be home soon!

14 Erin March 13, 2012 at 9:27 am

Ah! You were just in Baton Rouge at the Jason’s Deli off Corporate! We were so close to each other!

15 Lindsey d. March 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

Hey! Y’all stopped in Baton Rouge for dinner, I can tell! That Jason’s Deli is about two miles from my house. And no Panera down here yet (closest ones are in Alabama and Texas), but we’re supposed to get one in the next year or so.

16 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 13, 2012 at 9:49 am

Haha my best friend and I would always get twizzlers for road trips! They are so much fun to eat!

17 Cait's Plate March 13, 2012 at 10:10 am

That ruben looks awesome – perfect comfort food for that dreary weather!

18 clare @ fittingitallin March 13, 2012 at 11:20 am

I cannot get over how gorgeous your hair and dress are in the photos! You look amazing!!

19 Justine Duppong @ Life With Cheeseburgers March 13, 2012 at 4:52 pm

We must have a psychic connection of some sort, because I had a craving for Twizzlers like you would not believe yesterday…thank goodness I was visiting my parents and found some in their pantry after foraging for a few minutes!