Back to Florida

by Meghann on March 12, 2012

I’m alive!!!

Team Fresh Squeezed is back on the road today and we are well on our way back home to sunny Florida!

Dear Sunshine, I miss you!!!

Yes, we have to drive all 1200 miles BACK home. It shouldn’t be too bad – we’re planning to drive all 18 hours straight through. I just drove us from Austin to the Texas/Louisiana border, which crosses off one state, five hours, and about three hundred miles off of the list. That means we’re already a quarter of the way done! Sweet!

Before we said goodbye to Austin, I was able to get one final run in with Meg. We ran 6 miles and were finally able to run the Lady Bird Lake Trail that everyone had been suggesting. It was a good trail, I just wish I had been able to enjoy it a little more. It was dark, foggy, and kind of erie during our entire run. I could see where you might score some great views of the city or the lake, but we were barely able to see 5 feet in front of us. Boo.

After our run, I finished packing the explosion of clothes that had found their way across the hotel room over the last three days (whoops!) and made a quick breakfast.

• One packet of original instant oatmeal (made with hot water from the in-room coffee maker)
  • One to-go container of peanut butter
  • One apple
  • Kashi Go Lean Crisp

We left Austin just before 10 and stopped for lunch at a Chick-Fil-A when we reached Houston.

I was craving a hot soup and greens.

The Chick-Fil-A Chicken Noodle Soup is actually pretty good. It’s thick, hearty, and has a great buttery taste to it.

Check out those greens! Chick-Fil-A has the best salads.

We hit some pretty bad rain right around Beaumont, but it thankfully didn’t last long.

We arrived at the Louisiana border just before 3:30 and I was more than happy to hand the keys over. I told the team that they had to tell Derek that I really did drive from Austin to Louisiana – I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t believe me otherwise. ;)

Post-drive snack

and chocolate (shared with the car)

And this is basically what the next several hours hold for us.

I-10 or bust! :)

In other news…

Our engagement photos are ready!!!!!

IMG_8979_1.jpg

You can check a few them out on our photographer’s blog now. :)

And…

CONGRATS to the winner of the Iron Girl race entryTracey!

Random Question:

Do you have a seat preference in the car?

I have a friend that gets carsick sitting in the middle (so she prefers an outer seat) and another friend who get’s carsick sitting in the back seat (so she prefers the front).

1 Sara @my less serious life March 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm

for as many times as i’ve been to chick-fil-a (which was set straight from god), i’ve never tried their soup. glad to know it is worth a go! and yes! chick-fil-a salads are the best!! i love how many veggies they load on.

2 Anne Weber-Falk March 12, 2012 at 6:23 pm

It’s window seat or barf all the way. If I can be in the front seat driving it’s even better. UGH! Car sickness is the worst.

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 12, 2012 at 6:23 pm

I LOVE the pictures – they are gorgeous!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..luck of the irish

4 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm

so excited to check out the photos! Good luck on the drive. We used to do a 17 or 24 hour drive with my family every year! Straight through is the way to do it!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Athleta Run Club

5 Dani March 12, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I prefer to DRIVE! I love cars and engines, and I’m a very good driver. I don’t trust anyone else behind the wheel!
Dani recently posted..The BEST Smoothie Recipe Ever

6 Kristin March 12, 2012 at 6:29 pm

I have to have the front seat or my vertigo and motion sickness kicks in. I do best when driving.

7 Caroline March 12, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful, and the poses are really cute! If I’m not driving, I prefer the right side of the car. I also try to sit as close to the front as possible so I don’t get car sick

8 Lindsey March 12, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Passenger seat for sure! Any longer road trips I get sick sitting in the back, especially in larger vehicles.
Lindsey recently posted..Party Time!

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 12, 2012 at 6:41 pm

The pictures are sooo cute! I love the ones with the “Save the date” cookies! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..That’s a lot of orange juice.

10 Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I like to be in the front passenger seat!

Wishing you continued safe travels!

Off to check out the engagement pics!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..WIN the Necklace That All Celebrities Will Receive at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards

11 Beth @ 990 Square March 12, 2012 at 6:44 pm

The pictures are gorgeous!

I have to sit in the front or I get sick. No fun!
Beth @ 990 Square recently posted..A Lesson in Running–Kelly Shamrock 5k 2012

12 corey @ learning patience March 12, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Bravo…the pics are amazing girl! Glad you had fun…Im sure you are super excited to get home, see your hubby and get back to normal!

xoxo from Trinidad
corey @ learning patience recently posted..1/2 Marathon Recap – I did it!

13 Hillary March 12, 2012 at 7:09 pm

The pics came out GREAT. Love the last one!
Hillary recently posted..Recovery

14 Megan S March 12, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Meghann, rarely comment but just wanted to let you know that i thought your engagement photos were really really cute. You look beautiful and they came out really well overall. Congrats!
Megan S recently posted..An Early Date at Mobo

15 Allison March 12, 2012 at 7:42 pm

I prefer the front, I need to be able to see the road when driving anywhere to avoid sickness. Even if i get stuck in the back, I always have to lean so that I am still able to watch the road. weird i know.
Allison recently posted..a new beginning

16 Elizabeth March 12, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I just checked out your photos.. AMAZING!!! You two looked so great!! I am so happy for you!

17 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 12, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I hate being in the middle seat! I don’t get carsick or anything, but I prefer a window seat. And yay for your engagement photos being ready!! Can’t wait to look at them :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies

18 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 12, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Beautiful pictures!

I’m a front seat or window in the back. I get car sick so if it happens when I’m in the back seat, at least I’ll have a window for air (or other things…yuck)!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Running With Leprechauns

19 Sana March 12, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I can’t read in the car, I feel ick!
Sana recently posted..Mother/ Daughter Bonding

20 Elisabeth March 12, 2012 at 8:19 pm

The pics look awesome! I especially love the one of the two of you walking, taken from behind. :)

21 Sneakers2sandals March 12, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Using the coffee maker for hot water is genius!!! Omg I’m so happy you mentioned that.

22 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 12, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Your pictures are beautiful!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Moanday & Weekly Goals

23 Gwen March 12, 2012 at 9:28 pm

The pics are stunning. So clearly in love :) Safe travels home!
Gwen recently posted..What Are Your Hobbies?

24 Mary March 12, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I get sick in the back seat. And I feel for you…we are getting ready to drive from Michigan to Indian Rocks Beack, FL in about two weeks. That is in the general Tampa area, so any good suggestons of places to get a good run or bike ride in while I’m there? Great engagement pics by the way:).

25 Meghann March 13, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I’m actually working on a post about good running trails in Tampa. I would really suggest checking out Bayshore for running and Flatwoods for cycling. Or if you just want a casual bike ride, Safety Harbor area would be nice :)

26 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 12, 2012 at 9:42 pm

For me it actually depends WHO is driving. Certain people I’m fine in the back and others, it just doesn’t work out. It’s kinda funny actually…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Norah Jones

27 Fallon March 12, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Super cute engagement photos!
Fallon recently posted..Slowly Updating

28 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 12, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Ha, I think people who say they get nauseous in the back just like sitting up front. I definitely prefer driving!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Things I’m Loving

29 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm

i agree, chick-fil-a does have wonderful salads!! they are always very fresh and packed with a lot of veggies.
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Staying Motivated {Giveaway}

30 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 12, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I can’t read while anyone is driving….and I can NOT sit backwards in ANY moving vehicle. GOOD luck!! Have a safe trip!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Sedentary vs. Physically Active

31 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 12, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Your photos are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The one of you kissing is forehead is my favorite.. so sweet!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Sometimes…

32 Christine @ BookishlyB March 12, 2012 at 11:39 pm

How was it spending so much time with strangers? You seem like a pretty outgoing gal, but, personally, I would find it a little overwhelming.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Nonfiction Nagging- Eating Animals

33 Meghann March 13, 2012 at 2:22 pm

It wasn’t my first time spending so much time with strangers and it won’t be my last. :) We had fun! You basically leave the ‘stranger’ title at the door and just decide to start the trip as automatic friends. That way you skip the early awkwardness and just get straight to joking about each other’s taste in music (mine is the worst!) :)

34 Kristen March 13, 2012 at 12:58 am

I’m a back seat person…ideally right behind the driver so I can tell them what they’re doing wrong (I kid I kid :-)). That or shotgun! Engagement photos are gorgeous! Love both outfits!
Kristen recently posted..Patriotic Moment…

35 Lindsay March 13, 2012 at 6:25 am

Your engagement photos are beautiful!
Lindsay recently posted..RWT A-Z

36 Kelly March 13, 2012 at 9:22 am

Great pics! My fav is the one with him leaning on the tree while you kiss him and the boots in the front! Love it!

37 christa March 13, 2012 at 9:56 am

yall drove through houston and stopped at chick-fil-a? man, you missed a great torchy’s tacos opportunity! ah, well – next time!
i prefer the driver’s seat….i like to be the one in control of the wheel! or at least front passenger so i can keep an eye on things, haha.
christa recently posted..February 2012 in a nutshell.

38 Cait's Plate March 13, 2012 at 10:09 am

Ahhh that photos look AWESOME!!!! And good to know about Chick-fil-A chicken noodle soup! It’s always nice to have some good options while traveling!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Purely Highland

39 Holly March 13, 2012 at 1:21 pm

your pictures are so awesome!!! one of my favs is of y’all holding the save the date cookies. perfection!

glad y’all made it home safely!
Holly recently posted..Puddle Love