We made it to Tallahassee!
It feels good to be in my old stomping grounds. I haven’t been to Tally since Derek and I came up for homecoming back in 2009. We’re due another trip soon. Maybe next football season?
As you might have guessed, we’re a teensy bit obsessed with the onboard WiFi. Having access to the internet – and being able to get work done – sure makes the miles go faster!
Apparently we’re also obsessed with MacBook Pros.
(but we all have Droids?!?)
Road trip snacks included several pretzels with hummus and a twizzler.
We made it to Tallahassee just in time for dinner. After a little tweeting, we decided on Ray’s Steel City Saloon.
Ray’s opened the year I was working at the Tallahassee Democrat after I graduated from FSU. Before that, the space belonged to a Mexican restaurant that was famous for their $4.99 all-you-can-eat Wednesday night specials. ( a popular spot for the local college students, obviously).
When Ray’s first opened, it was a local favorite of mine. It was quiet, had a great menu, and the food was really good. Walking back in the doors 4 years later, nothing had changed.
No crowds, same menu, and great food.
I started with their saloon salad with homemade rosemary dressing (yum!).
And ordered the vegetarian chili for my meal.
I’m not sure why I was craving chili, but it sounded really good at the time. The vegetarian chili had a black bean burger base and was loaded with vegetables, onions, and other goodies. It was really filling and exactly what I wanted.
After dinner, I slyly informed my teammates there was a TCBY down the street that I used to visit all the time when I lived on that side of town (wink, wink – nudge, nudge)
One small peanut butter and white chocolate mousse with chocolate chips – pretty much the exact same order I used to get all the time in college.
I’m not sure why, but I swear TCBY just tastes better in Tallahassee. Trust me.
We have an early start in the morning and 900 more miles to go!
SXSW or BUST!
Just in case you’re still curious about last weekend’s Gasparilla Race Series… check out these race recaps from around the blogosphere.
- Housewife Glamour – 2012 Gasparilla Half Marathon
- Sneakers2Sandals – Gasparilla Half Marathon Race Recap
- Runner’s Tales – 2012 Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K Race Recap
- The Singing Runner – Gasparilla: Day 1 (15k & 5k)
- The Singing Runner – Gasparilla: Day 2 (Half Marathon)
- Food and Fun on the Run: Michelob Ultra Challenge: How To Run 4 Races in 2 Days
- My Fascinating Life – Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K Recap
- In Love and Peanut Butter – Race Recap: Gasparilla Michelob Ultra Challenge (Day 1)
- In Love and Peanut Butter – Race Recap: Gasparilla Michelob Ultra Challenge (Day 2)
- Crazy Running Legs – Gasparilla Race Weekend 2012 – Half Marathon Recap
- Jaima’s Journey – We Run For Booty: Gasparilla Race Recap
- Fit2Flex – Gasparilla Half Marathon
- EatWatchRun – Race Review: Gasparilla Half Marathon 2012