An ‘A’ For Effort

by Meghann on March 5, 2012

Derek won the fiance-of-the-year award when he surprised me with a new CD player for my car for my birthday (either that or he was tired of me complaining about the broken aux plug in the old one ;) ).

The original plan was to wait and have my little brother install it next time we saw him, but Derek got a little antsy watching installation YouTube videos. Around 9:00pm last night he thought it would be ‘fun’ to try to install it himself. I got in my car at 6:30am this morning and found this.

Stereo.jpg

He still gets an ‘A’ for effort. ;)

Any bets on how long my car stays like this? Something tells me it’s going to be a while…

At least I had some peace and quiet on my way to the gym this morning. Nothing like some dead silence to really let your mind think. What did my mind wander to this morning? Wedding dresses, missing keys, and how badly I need to do laundry. ;)

At the gym, I watched an episode of Say Yes to the Dress while walking the treadmill then moved on to the weight room for NROLFW Stage 7-4. The workouts in Stage 7 are sooo long, but very effective. My arms and legs felt like jello when I was done.

I made a big bowl of cereal for breakfast at home.

• 1/2 cup Cinnamon Life Cereal
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch
  • Caramel Oikos
  • Strawberries
  • Walnuts

Delicious.

Maybe later I’ll watch my own YouTube videos and see if I can figure that stereo installation out. I can’t be that hard, right? ;)

Have a great Monday everyone!

1 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 5, 2012 at 9:58 am

Hahahahaha I have a feeling your car will be like that for a LONG time, unless Derek decides to make it his mission to get it installed!

2 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 5, 2012 at 10:00 am

That was so nice of Derek to try and install your present! Any sort of electronic installation like that is so tough, I never even give it a try. I want an electric starter really bad, but I can’t convince myself it is worth paying the same amount to install it as it cost to buy it!

3 Michelle March 5, 2012 at 10:04 am

Have you tried Kashi’s new cinamon cereal? The toasted berry crumble is amazing

4 Amy @ What Jew Wanna Eat March 5, 2012 at 10:09 am

Ha yes I was also going to mention to new cinnamon Kashi cereal- it is so addictive!

5 Glenneth March 5, 2012 at 10:36 am

Funny story: When I was in high school/college my dad hooked up a new stereo in my car. Unfortunately he hooked it up directly to the battery. So, if I forgot to turn off the radio, the battery would be dead by the time I got out of classes. He had to come rescue me more than once. Next car stereo we let the professionals do it. :)

6 Coco March 5, 2012 at 10:48 am

Ah boys. You can’t blame them for trying! Here’s hoping it gets installed sooner rather than later!

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 5, 2012 at 10:48 am

Ha, good luck with those YouTube videos!

8 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 5, 2012 at 11:45 am

Starting a do it yourself project late at night is never a good idea :P . But you’re right A for effort!

9 Emily March 5, 2012 at 11:46 am

Say Yes to the Dress was one of the shows I watched every since time I saw it on while I was planning my own wedding. Even after I had my own dress. It didn’t make me question the choice that I made, it just made me want to try on more just for fun! (I only tried on 3!)

10 Cait's Plate March 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Oh my gosh good for you for even attempting that!!! Haha. I would be a complete bumbling idiot!

11 Lindsay March 5, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Go to Walmart and buy a connector kit based on your type of car. They’re like $10 and tell you exactly what wires to connect. Its actually very easy if you go that route. I used to do it myself in high school all the time. Good luck!

12 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 5, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Good try for sure!! I totally would not have even attempted it. HAH