more ยป" />

5 Things

by Meghann on March 5, 2012

#1 – I bought a wedding dress!

More details to come on the Wedding Page later this week. ;)

#2 – I’m leaving for Austin tomorrow!

I’m a proud member of one of six teams that Chevrolet is sponsoring on a road tripping journey to South by Southwest in Austin, TX. Along the way, we will be blogging, tweeting, and doing all we can to raise money for Adopt-A-Classroom – an awesome organization that provides teachers with the funds they need to purchase critical resources and materials for their classroom.

freshsqueezed.png

We leave Tuesday and we will be stopping to visit the 3 classrooms we are sponsoring – in Orlando, Tallahassee and Houston – along the way. Please check out our website (we’re team Fresh Squeezed!) to donate money directly to the classrooms (as an individual or as a business), follow us on Twitter, and spread the news of our journey of 1,200 miles!

I’m really excited to be working with such a great cause and can’t wait for the journey to begin tomorrow morning!

#3 – A tasty dinner isn’t always a pretty dinner.

I went a little crazy with brussels sprouts this evening. I sliced them thin and cooked them with the last of the quinoa and carrots with generous squeezes of dijon mustards, spicy brown mustard, apple cider vinegar, and freshly grated parmesan.

And when the brussels sprouts stopped looking pretty, I topped them with two runny eggs – Yum!

The apple slices were originally going to be cooked with the brussels sprouts, but I decided to leave them out on the side instead.

#4 – I called dibs on the last of the cookie monster

#5 – Did you run Gasparilla this weekend?

Send me your links! I’m working on a recap link-up post.

I think that covers it.

Do you have 5 things to share?

1 Caroline March 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Congrats on finding a wedding dress:) That’s really exciting!!

2 Joss March 5, 2012 at 10:13 pm

adopt-a-classroom seems like a great idea! Can’t wait to read all about your trip :) Also..can’t wait to read about your wedding dress story! woo hoo!

I don’t have 5 things right now…I’m just consumed with mid terms and school stresses :(

3 Sana March 5, 2012 at 10:13 pm

LOL I thought the egg was ice cream! Now, that would be a baller dinner. Enjoy the road trip :)

4 Krissy - Shiawase Life March 5, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Have a blast on the road trip! Sounds like a fantastic adventure :D

P.S.
When do you sleep???? ;)

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 5, 2012 at 10:15 pm

YAHHH for a wedding dress!!

1. I found my dress as the 2nd dress I tried on (i got married in 2010)
2. I rocked these new Zumba capris while teaching tonight
3. I had an amazing salad for dinner
4. I can’t wait to get to bed
5. This week already rocks!

Have fun tomorrow!

6 Baking Serendipity March 5, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Eeeee! I remember buying my wedding dress. All the best lady family members were there and it stands out as such an awesome day. Hope your experience was seriously amazing :)

7 wymberley March 5, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Austin = food truck Heaven.
Also, try Austin Terrier if you get a chance! Truffle fries!

8 meghan March 5, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Hey Meghann! I think it’s so so fun that you’re going to SXSW and that you’ll be with J’s Everyday Fashion! I love her blog too. I can’t wait to hear about it from both of you! I’m doing three recaps of Gasparilla (I did Beck’s Challenge), but so far I only have up the Expo. I’m doing 15k and 5k tomorrow and 13.1 on Wednesday. Will you add them later? Here’s the expo: http://www.littlegirlinthebigworld.com/2012/03/gasparilla-becks-light-challenge-expo.html

9 Christine @ BookishlyB March 5, 2012 at 10:41 pm

My Monday was way too bland for 5 new things, except I did get swept away in the whole liability of Pinterest thing that’s going around. I also enjoyed a solid two minutes of teaching my dog to eat corn on the cob. Sigh.

Your trip sounds all around awesome- great cause, a road trip, and SXSW.

10 Alec March 5, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Congrats on finding THE dress! That must be so exciting.

Everyone’s roadtrip tweets on the way to SXSW sound like a blast! Can’t wait to read yours as well. Great cause too!

Do you have a recipe for the cookie monster?! Yum!

I didn’t do Gasparilla, but I did do the Run For Your Lives Zombie 5K! Check out my post on it here: http://adventureswithalexandra.blogspot.com/2012/03/blood-sweat-and-mud.html

11 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 5, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Your dinner actually sounds REALLY good to me! And yay for the dress, I can’t wait to hear more!

12 MrsSwan March 5, 2012 at 11:27 pm

AWESOME! I cannot wait to see dress pictures. We do get to see right? :)

Yes I have 5 things

-I RAN tonight (slowly but I did it)
-I am STARVING!
-I am digging our new treadmill!
-I actually posted a 10 second clip hubby took of my attempt of running
-For someone that doesn’t work out regularly I have a large collection of running tights and workout/yoga pants.

13 Megan @ Megan's Munchies March 5, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Living in Dallas…I try to get to Austin as often as I can! I love it there!

That is so exciting about finding a dress!! I am sure you look beautiful in it!

14 Marie March 6, 2012 at 12:31 am

Yay! Congrats on finding your dress! Can’t wait for the details. All the ones you showed before were beautiful!

15 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 6, 2012 at 12:54 am

I can’t wait to hear about the dress!!

16 michelle March 6, 2012 at 1:08 am

I’m excited to read more about this wedding dress you found

17 Whitney March 6, 2012 at 4:06 am

Please tell me you ate again last night. The plate makes your meal look so distorted and while I understand the concept of a light dinner, that is really light to me.

18 Kelly March 6, 2012 at 8:29 am

That meal isn’t just light to you. That is less food than a fully sedentary person should be eating. I’m sick of the “correct portion size” excuses. Eat some damn food. Oh sorry, what do I know, I’m just a fatty.

19 Sara@RunningInPinkProject March 6, 2012 at 6:39 am

I am so jealous that you are heading to Texas!! Thats one of my absolute most favorite places to visit. Im seeing Madonna in Dallas this fall and I cannot wait to get back there for a visit!

20 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 6, 2012 at 7:18 am

Yay!! Congrats on finding a dress! So exciting!! :)

21 leely March 6, 2012 at 7:48 am

I have to ask – are you dieting for your wedding? That dinner looks so small! I would be hungry again in an hour if I worked out as much as you did.

22 Cait's Plate March 6, 2012 at 8:02 am

Ahhh!! Can’t wait to see the dress!

23 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 6, 2012 at 8:10 am

Congrats on getting a wedding dress! That is super exciting! :) I got mine in August and it came in so quick! It’s been hanging in my mom’s closet so it’s been torture. I’ll finally get to put it on again in April to start alterations. So excited!

24 Megan @ Life As Megan Knows It March 6, 2012 at 8:10 am

Yay for buying a wedding dress! I can’t wait to see it! I am excited to see what the next few days bring, via the opportunity you are part of.

25 Carissa March 6, 2012 at 8:15 am

What a fun road trip! And a great cause..I can’t wait to follow your journey! And I love you but that dinner does look ugly! haha! I also hate eggs so that probably has something to do with it!

Here’s my Gasparilla post -http://www.fit2flex.com/2012/03/gasparilla-half-marathon.html

I set a 6 minute PR and almost broke 2 hours!

26 Katherina March 6, 2012 at 8:32 am

Those apple slices look huge compared to your actual dinner! So jealous about your SXSW trip :-)

27 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats March 6, 2012 at 8:41 am

That trip sounds amazing, what a great experience! And congrats on the wedding dress, so exciting!!

28 Yellow Haired Girl March 6, 2012 at 9:17 am

My philosophy has ALWAYS been “if it’s ugly, chances are its going to be awesome”. Apparently it rings true with you too! Glad you found a wedding dress :)

29 Michelle March 6, 2012 at 9:18 am

Yay on finding your dress!

My Gasparilla post is up. I’m just a little bitter. http://wp.me/p1ujPL-P9

Have fun with J & Josh (the rest of your crew) — how fun!

30 Kristy March 6, 2012 at 10:00 am

Your meal sizes lately are downright scary.
You do realize that a lot of teenage girls probably read this and think that what you eat for dinner is normal and healthy.

That is what 300 calories at most?

31 Flora March 6, 2012 at 10:17 am

SXSW = awesome.
Your meal portions / combinations = not awesome. Food is fuel!

32 Jules @ La Petite Maison Verte March 6, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Congratulations on finding THE dress! I ran the Gasparilla 8K on Sunday, it was my very FIRST race ever! I’m writing about the experience in a multi-part series. You can see the first post here: http://lapetitemaisonverte.blogspot.com/2012/03/gasparilla-recap-part-1-race.html

33 Marci March 6, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Hi from Houston when you get here! Austin is the best city in Texas, and SXSW is becoming so popular and widespread. Have a great time!

34 Sara, Food Blogger on a Diet / Ms. Adventures in Italy March 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

How long will you be at SXSW? I’ll be there Sunday – Tuesday – would love to meet up for a coffee!