Going Non-Stop

by Meghann on March 3, 2012

Whoa. What a day. I’ve been going non-stop since 6:30am and am having trouble keeping my eyes open. Is it bedtime yet?

My crazy day all started with a quick run around the block with Maddie. We did 3 miles and managed to maintain an 8:00 min/mi pace the entire way. I haven’t had the chance to take Maddie for a run in a while and I could tell she really missed it. That girl loves to run.

After the run I had some overnight oats in a jar for breakfast.

In the jar:

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • plain yogurt
  • water (we were out of milk and water worked just fine as a way to moisten the oats)
  • dried fruit
  • chia seeds
  • cinnamon
  • honey peanut butter

On top:

• strawberries
  • granola

I need more overnight oats in my life – this batch was delicious. πŸ™‚

The new Lululemon store in South Tampa hosted a free yoga class this morning at 9:00am and I couldn’t resist a free class of yoga. Plus, it was a great excuse to actually see the inside of the new store. P.S. the store looked fabulous. πŸ˜‰

424006_10150618646663702_50847658701_9223547_1332288393_n.jpeg

The class made me realize just how out of practice I am with yoga at the moment. I’m not going to classes as regularly as I used to and I could feel it with every twist and turn. Need. More. Yoga.

Of course, I’m sure the distracting scenery wasn’t much help. During the class I managed to talk myself into a new pair of wunder under crops. I can’t imagine how that happened. πŸ˜‰

I see your ploy Lululemon – you lure us in with free yoga classes, then sub-consciously sell us new yoga gear by having us stare at it all through class. Good move. Good move.

I made the very last minute decision to have my hair done this morning in preparation for our engagement photos later that afternoon. I had exactly one hour before I had to meet some friends for lunch, so I stopped in the nearest hair studio and crossed my fingers they had some availability.

Thankfully they were able to squeeze me in and I lucked out with the world’s best stylist. She asked what I wanted and I told her that a hair style just like hers would be ideal (she had beautiful soft curls). The stylist told me no problem and was able to tame my hair into something wonderful.

Hair.jpg IMAG1298.jpg

Ummm…. can I pay her to do my hair everyday?!?! She did amazing!!!! Best last minute decision I’ve ever made. πŸ™‚

From the hair salon, I headed straight to Burger 21 to meet my family and some friends for lunch.

Mary and I arrived first and were both starving. She had just run two races (the 15k and 5k of the Gasparilla challenge) and I, well, I was just hungry. πŸ˜‰

While we waited, we couldn’t resist ordering one of their signature shakes – Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Holy yum! It was just like drinking a reeses cup through a straw. We chose well.

IMG_9998.JPG IMG_9999.jpg

Oh, and we got real food too.

I ordered ‘The Mediterranean’ which was a chicken burger with feta, roasted red peppers, tomato, cucumbers, and lettuce on a whole wheat bun. It was a really messy burger, but also really good.

The sweet potato fries were just ok. I’m not a fan of thin-cut fries, I prefer them a little thicker.

After lunch, my mother, sister, and I headed to a local bridal shop to do a little wedding dress shopping.

I’ll blog more about the experience on my wedding page next week, but I will share that I didn’t walk out with a dress. I had fun, but nothing felt like ‘the one.’ Le sigh. Maybe next time.

Besides, I had my engagement photos to look forward to right afterwards anyways. πŸ˜‰

Ahhhh…. So. Much. Fun! Cat was such a doll to work with and Derek and I had a blast playing it up for the camera. The above photo is a sneak peek my mom took at our shoot and,if that photo is any indication of how these photos are going to turn out, then they are going to rock. Do we really have to wait a week to see them?!?! πŸ˜‰

The photos wrapped up just around dinner time and the gang headed to Wood Fired Pizza for a pre-race carb fest.

Kelly and I shared the mix green salad (delicious)

And a vegetable pizza.

Love their thin crust. Pizza perfection.

Man. Crazy day. Now I need to rest up for that little half marathon I’m running in the morning. I have a feeling 4:30am is going to come way too soon.

Good Night.

1 Sana March 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I can’t wait to see the pics πŸ™‚
Sana recently posted..Late Dinner

2 Julie @ There and Back Again March 3, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Looks like your photos will be beautiful!! Congratulations on such a fun occasion πŸ™‚ Love the look of the tea party setup – it looks lovely and creative without being too overdone. Great idea!
Julie @ There and Back Again recently posted..Seussisms

3 Caroline March 3, 2012 at 10:19 pm

I can’t wait to see more of the pics. The one you have here looks great, and the location looks ideal. Good luck in your race tomorrow!
Caroline recently posted..Healthy Snacks: Nut Butter and Cottage Cheese

4 Sara@RunningInPinkProject March 3, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Awww your photos are going to be awesome! BTW- I love Burger 21. I went to the other location near Westchase. Amazing shakes. The Banana Foster one is insanely good and I dont really like shakes that much…or banana deserts. πŸ™‚
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..A Very (Very) Merry UnBirthday

5 Jennifer March 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Ahh I love seeing engagement photos!! Can’t wait for you to share them πŸ˜‰
I just posted about a deep dish pizza I had in Chicago, but I agree–thin crust is definitely the way to go.
Jennifer recently posted..NEXT UP: Watch "Revenge"

6 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 3, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Holy crap!! WHat a day!! CAN not wait to see the pics!! Your hair looks awesome. Seriously–great choice.

Good luck tomorrow πŸ™‚
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Whole Wheat Pancakes

7 Christine @ BookishlyB March 3, 2012 at 10:45 pm

That’s EXACTLY Lulu’s plan. Mother Earth loves Mother Cash Register. Or is it the other way around…
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Pinterest May Be Evil… and Some Book Pictures

8 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 3, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Ahhh your hair looks GORGEOUS!!!!! Can’t wait to see the rest of the pics πŸ˜€ Have a great race tomorrow!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Vibram 5 Fingers

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Whoa that shake looks really good. I think my sweet tooth is calling! πŸ˜‰
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What would YOU do?

10 Anne @strawberryjampackedlife March 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm

What an absolutely amazing day! Can I plan your wedding? Engagement photos and dress shopping on the same day! HEAVEN IN MY BOOK! πŸ˜€
Anne @strawberryjampackedlife recently posted..The Rest of Disney

11 MrsSwan March 3, 2012 at 11:31 pm

I can’t wait to seeee!
MrsSwan recently posted..Lost and FOUND.

12 melissa (fitnessnyc) March 3, 2012 at 11:56 pm

sounds like an amazing day, albeit busy! I think I am as excited as you to see the photos!
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..The PLAN!

13 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 4, 2012 at 12:24 am

The sneak peak picture is GORGEOUS so I can’t wait to see the “official photos!”
Good luck tomorrow!

14 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama March 4, 2012 at 5:50 am

I can’t wait to see the actual photos! The sneak peek looks beautiful. Btw-I never realized how long your hair was! I remember when your hair was above your shoulders. Have I been reading that long?? It looks great! πŸ™‚

Good luck pacing your sister!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..My Favorite Yoga Hip Openers

15 Coco March 4, 2012 at 7:32 am

Your hair came out awesome! I can’t wait to see how your photos turn out- We never had them done and I wish that we had… Instead we are going to get 5 year wedding anniversary photos done this summer πŸ™‚ And drinking a peanut butter cup.. that just sounds amazing!
Coco recently posted..Week 9- Check!

16 Andi March 4, 2012 at 8:07 am

Where IS that new South Tampa Lululemon? I couldn’t find it – and obviously NEED to πŸ™‚ We just got a Wood Fired pizza in St. Pete and by your photos, it looks like I’ll be heading there tonight for dinner. Yum! Hope the run is going well for you this morning and you’re not getting dumped on – at least it’s nice and cool!
Andi recently posted..I only run when I’m being chased. By zombies.

17 Cait's Plate March 4, 2012 at 8:15 am

That looks like such a fabulous day from start to finish! Can’t wait to see the final photos! πŸ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Constant Entertainment

18 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City March 4, 2012 at 8:42 am

Sounds like a busy but fun day!!

Your hair does look great and good luck today πŸ™‚
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Saturday Morning Change-Up

19 Hillary March 4, 2012 at 8:43 am

Oh, the setting for your photos looks stunning. I bet they came out great!
Hillary recently posted..The Thick of It

20 allpointswhole March 4, 2012 at 9:06 am

Your hair is absolutely beautiful and congrats on your speedy run today!!

21 Anne March 4, 2012 at 9:08 am

You’re better off not buying a dress the first time you go, you’ll second guess yourself! I ended up buying one (not even the first time), changed my mind, and ended up with a second one (which I love!)

22 Karolina March 4, 2012 at 9:23 am

Your hair looks awesome, and I’m sure your pictures are amazing too! I love Burger places! One of my favorites is 5 guys.
Karolina recently posted..Friday Favorites

23 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 4, 2012 at 9:39 am

That really was quite the busy day, but so much fun! I hope you did great in your race this morning!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Special Treat Day

24 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 4, 2012 at 10:24 am

I love that hairstyle! Do you have any favorite running gear from Lululemon? I’m trying to decide what to get (I don’t own anything yet!)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding – A Healthier Tapioca Pudding!

25 emily March 4, 2012 at 11:32 am

Can’t wait to see you engagement pics!

26 Kathy March 4, 2012 at 11:46 am

I am super busy right now…but, I need to reread this entire post…everything looks so good…and I wanted to say YOUR HAIR IS ADORABLE!!!!

PERFECT!!!!
Kathy recently posted..My new BEST friend…

27 Dina March 4, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I bought my wedding dress at Jon’s Bridal.

You have plenty time to find the right dress. It’s a decision you want to make sure you are sure of. At least it is one of those wedding chores that is actually fun.
Dina recently posted..Half Marathon Training Week Thirteen

28 Jo March 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Seriously your hair is so long, full and beautiful. Do you take vitamins? special hair oil?

29 Brittany March 4, 2012 at 10:07 pm

You’re hair looks so pretty. i can’t wait to see the engagement photos!!
Brittany recently posted..What’s in My Make-Up Bag?

30 Allison @ thesundayflog March 5, 2012 at 12:30 am

Yessssss you finally tried burger 21! I’ve been missing it since we had it in October! I’ll be back in Tampa on April 6 but only for a hot second, so I don’t think I’ll have any time to catch up with you!
Allison @ thesundayflog recently posted..Valentine’s Day 2012

31 Morgan March 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

What nhappened with the Shabby Apple dress giveaway?
I thought you were going to announce the winner in this post but I’ve checked all of the posts from the weekend and I don’t see it.
Morgan recently posted..It’s True