Run, Egg, Run

by Meghann on February 28, 2012

Last night I had this comment from Ashley on my blog

Screen shot 2012-02-28 at 1.54.23 PM.png

Umm… she knows me too well because that was what was exactly on mind for lunch today.

Only, instead of Mexican quinoa, it was an Asian version. I made a big pot of quinoa this morning (quinoa leftovers = awesome) and fixed a bowl for lunch with the heated up leftover broccoli from last night and some cherry tomatoes. I mixed it all up with some soy sauce and goat cheese.

On top – the runny egg.

Ashley was right – simple and delicious. :)

Gel Nail Polish Update

The good news: Over a week later and the gel polish shows no chips.

The bad news: My nails grow at lightening speed and you can tell where the nail polish is starting to ride up. It’s also starting to peel (that’s peel, not chip) on the bottom. Something tells me I’m not going to make it to the three week mark. Boo. Still worth it though.

Have you ever tried taking a photo of your right hand with a DSLR? Surprisingly difficult.

IMG_9675.jpg

Go on. Try it. It’s sort of like licking your elbow – once someone tells you it’s impossible, you have to check and make sure. ;)

Wedding Update

I updated the Wedding Page today! Check out how Derek and I found out caterer ! :)

1 Carissa February 28, 2012 at 2:23 pm

You just reminded me that I need to go paint my nails. When I worked in TV a lot I always had gel nails, but I hated getting them filled. Now I have what I like to call “child nails”. Very short, rarely painted nubs. That’s classy right there! :)
Carissa recently posted..Disney’s Princess Half Marathon

2 Caroline February 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Haha that is hard! And I’ve heard the gel nail polish is great until you take it off. Apparently it makes your nails very brittle when it comes off :/
Caroline recently posted..Fabulous Maple Balsamic Brussels Sprouts

3 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I think your nails still look beautiful! :) Mine on the other hand are a huge mess. I must polish them. I love quinoa! I don’t make it nearly enough. It’s a great lunch/dinner idea.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Trust The Gorton’s Fisherman!…

4 Cait's Plate February 28, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Hahahah – it definitely is hard! I’ve tried it while holding food on a fork or a spoon and it never works out well.

Glad to hear the gel nail polish is working out so well though – I think I’m going to have to get it for my next manicure!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Fast-Friendly Overnight Oats

5 Allison February 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I recommend the cotton ball foil trick when you take it off. Then lots of lotion for your hands.

6 Jen @ Whittle My Middle February 28, 2012 at 3:46 pm

I tried the egg on top of a meal idea last night and it was fantastic!
Jen @ Whittle My Middle recently posted..Weekly Workout Review – Feb 20 – 26

7 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt February 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Love the polish, it’s still holding up
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Taco Tuesday and Featured Blog

8 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 28, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Cute nails!! I love eggs on top of anything ;)
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Compliments + Book Review

9 Joss February 28, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Eggs make everything better :D
Joss recently posted..Positive Affirmation Project Day 2

10 Racheal @ Running with Racheal February 28, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Yum, that lunch looks great!

My gel nails never last that long…but I also think they are worth it. Something about having my nails done makes me feel so pretty! :)

11 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 28, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I never was a fan of runny eggs till I started reading your blog. You made them look and sound so good that I had to try it on something. Love it! I’m kind of obsessed with runny eggs on everything now. Thank you!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Let the Training Begin!

12 Caroline February 28, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Quinoa goes so well in many dishes, and I wish it was cheaper so I could always have it made and in my frig. I made 4 servings of it on Sunday, and have been eating it with various veggies all week. YUM!
Caroline recently posted..The Plank Challenge