Tacos = Easy

by Meghann on February 27, 2012

I feel ya Scooby.

Maddie, too.

I love how the two of them like to wear each other out until they’re both snoring by the end of the day. Sometimes I think it would be fun to have another dog for that reason, but then I go to take both of them for a walk at the same time and I realize it’s not so fun anymore. Umm.. yeah.. I think I’ll just stick to my one. Kudos to all of you who walk two dogs on a daily basis – you clearly have more patience than I do. 😉

I was working late from Starbucks this afternoon and stopped at Publix to picked up ingredients for a quick dinner on the way home. Tacos, anyone?

Made with my new favorite tortillas. :)

The Greenwise sirloin was on sale and I knew Derek would more than approve (the boy loves his steak!). I seasoned the meat with a homemade taco seasoning (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper) and cooked it with some red onion.

The meat only took a few minutes to cook – meaning the full meal took maybe 15 minutes tops to make. My quick dinner was a success.

I filled two tortillas with steak, spinach, cheese, salsa, and plain greek yogurt. Easy and delicious.

With a side of steamed broccoli because every meal deserves a big veggie. :)

I had the last of my Valentine’s Godiva Chocolate for dessert.

I was a little surprised myself that I still had chocolate left. But, in my defense, I haven’t really been home since Valentine’s Day to enjoy it. The last couple of weeks have been kind of crazy and they’re not going to let up anytime soon.

I need more sleep in my life.

As in, I should be asleep right now.

Best get on that.

Good Night!

What’s your favorite quick and easy dinner?

1 Caroline February 27, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I just made the most delicious yogurt marinated chicken that barely takes any time! (except sitting in the fridge soaking up flavors) I love quick and easy recipes you can count on :)
Caroline recently posted..Snack Attack and Fitness Routine

2 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 27, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I love some good chocolate in the evening before bed. YUMM.

My favorite quick dinners are usually Mexican (i.e. tacos or enchiladas!)
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Vega Sport-Performance GIVEAWAY

3 Ash Bear February 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Sometimes quick meals are the best. Tonight I had leftover mexican quinoa with a fried runny egg on top, Meghann style! It was warm and delicious! Now I’m also going to try and catch up on sleep!
Ash Bear recently posted..Safest Choice Eggs

4 Lindsey February 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Soup and grilled cheese or homemade pizza :)
Lindsey recently posted..Day Confusion

5 Joss February 27, 2012 at 9:51 pm

grilled cheese / pizzas for the win!
Joss recently posted..National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

6 Joss February 27, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Tacos and chocolate = lovely!

My fave easy dinner…grilled cheese sammies? or pita pizzas 😀
Joss recently posted..National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

7 Christine @ BookishlyB February 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm

If you walked them on a regular basis you guys would probably be fine- Maddie needs a friend! We have a 7 year old Golden and then got a chocolate lab last year, whose now a year, and walking them together is great exercise- leg and arm.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Watch and Love

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 27, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Cereal or Popcorn. 😉

Oh you meant healthy? haha! I’ll do sautéed veggies over whole wheat pasta, soup, or an egg white + veggie scramble. delicious!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday

9 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 27, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I keep a lot of frozen stuff for quick meals- frozen veggies, leftovers, and some Trader Joe’s classics :). That way I can throw together something tasty and fresh-tasting the nights I have to stay at work late!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..A Loong Monday and My First Burrito Bowl

10 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 28, 2012 at 5:58 am

I’ve always wondered about getting another dog, too. It would be a great companion for Cooper but I think of how crazy my house would be when it was play time. Two dogs + two toddlers = CRAZY!!!! I think I’ll wait a few more years!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Twitter Fitter. Fitter Twitter.

11 abbi February 28, 2012 at 6:23 am

2 dogs can be pretty easy to walk depending on size and temperant…all three of mine together can be a chore…well, really only when another dog in the neighborhood gets them excited! Tacos look yummy!
abbi recently posted..Second Chances

12 Racheal @ Running with Racheal February 28, 2012 at 7:13 am

Lately, our go to easy meal is a grilled chicken burger, microwaved sweet potato, and some type of roasted veggie.

I highly recommend getting another dog. The annoying-ness of walking two is far outweighed by how much they entertain each other. My two puppies are best friends. 😉

13 Sara @my less serious life February 28, 2012 at 7:42 am

i love this: every meal deserves a big veggie. i agree, completely.

14 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 28, 2012 at 7:47 am

I love tacos! They really are so quick and easy to prepare. I also like making quesadillas. They are easy to make too. :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Trust The Gorton’s Fisherman!…

15 Kathy February 28, 2012 at 8:40 am

We made chicken tacos here last night. 😉

It is one meal ALLL my kiddos will eat …..well, except for waffles of course. Who can turn down a good frozen waffle? ha!

We can’t handle our one dog right now let alone two….whew!
Kathy recently posted..Oh! What a feeling!

16 Cait's Plate February 28, 2012 at 10:32 am

Tacos are my go-to easy meal. You can’t beat them. They fill you up and take less than 5 minutes to throw together! I have them 1-2 nights a week!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Fast-Friendly Overnight Oats

17 Samantha February 29, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Well, it’s not really QUICK, but it is easy. I love Corn Beef and Cabbage, or pretty much anything in a crock pot or slow cooker. And the best part is, yeah, it might take all day to cook, but I can just throw it all together in under 15 minutes, and let it cook while I’m at work. I come home, and it’s done. Yay!

Actually making corn beef and cabbage today for leap day dinner. :)
Samantha recently posted..Part Three: A New Beast Emerges

18 Samantha February 29, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Wow. Corned beef . I can’t believe I typed that wrong twice. :)
Samantha recently posted..Part Three: A New Beast Emerges