A Morning Run With The Groom

by Meghann on February 17, 2012

Good Morning!

There’s nothing like a beautiful sunrise run to kick the day off right.

Gorgeous. :)

Last night I managed to talk my brother and sister into joining me for an early morning run. My sister had an 8:15am doctor’s appointment, so our goal was to leave the house by 6:00am and squeeze in as much miles in as possible before returning at 7:30am. Before we left I had one of my Dad’s favorite mini bagels with just a touch of Nutella.

The run was great. It was nice for Kelly and I to spend some quality time with our little brother before the craziness of ‘Wedding Weekend’ kicks in later today. This was his last run as a single man – tomorrow at noon – he officially becomes a husband.

I’m hoping this run-before-the-big-day tradition continues before Kelly’s wedding in June or mine next January. Maybe next time we can talk Josh into joining us and complete the sibling foursome. :)

My Dad had breakfast waiting for us upon our return.

The usual: eggs, hashbrowns, biscuit, sausage gravy, and fruit salad.

Nothing but the best. :)

Today is pampering day. The Future Mrs. Anderson is ready to get her spa on.

IMG_8212.jpg IMG_8213.jpg

Here we go!

Oh! There were some requests in the comments for a Maddie update yesterday.

I promise Maddie is alive and doing well. She has enjoyed her extended stay at Grandma & Grandpa’s the past couple of weeks and looks forward to returning home as one spoiled, spoiled, spoiled pup. My parents had her on the free-treat-everytime-I-show-some-lovin’-to-grandma-or-grandpa diet and is a little rounder than when I left her. She’s healthy, happy, and just as sweet as ever. What more could a pup ask for? :)

1 Samantha Angela February 17, 2012 at 10:09 am

That’s a sweet idea to get a run in before the hectic weekend. It’d be even cooler to run on the big day (though I imagine finding time to do that could be tough). It would really help to calm your nerves, I imagine.
My dad and I hiked a mountain the morning of my wedding.

2 Hillary February 17, 2012 at 10:14 am

I’m sure your brother appreciates the stress relief (and family time!) that came from that run. What a great way to kick off a fun weekend!
Hillary recently posted..Sixty

3 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups February 17, 2012 at 10:18 am

Wedding weekends are so exciting!! Congrats to your brother and soon-to-be-sister-in-law!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..PR’s Taco Palace

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 17, 2012 at 10:23 am

What a great way to help ease the nerves for your brother’s wedding! Wish I would have thought of this before my own! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Groupon Makes Me Fit

5 Megan @ Megan's Munchies February 17, 2012 at 10:27 am

Sounds like a fun day! ENJOY!
Megan @ Megan’s Munchies recently posted..Hill Country Pie

6 Abbey February 17, 2012 at 10:28 am

I love her Bride tank… do you know where she got it? I’ve been searching for a cute one for our wedding in October!

7 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe February 17, 2012 at 10:28 am

I loooove sausage gravy over biscuits! Mmm!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Soup’s On!

8 AlisonJ February 17, 2012 at 10:37 am

What kind of dog is Maddie? She’s adorable!

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 17, 2012 at 10:42 am

I love her tank top and jacket! Super cute! I want to get those for my wedding in August. Have fun today! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Mission Accomplished!…

10 Cait's Plate February 17, 2012 at 10:51 am

Have so much fun!! I’m so jealous!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Tempting Trail Mix Nut Butter

11 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 17, 2012 at 11:20 am

I bet that run was a nice stress reliever before the BIG day!! How fun. I love how you all run together ;) The families that workout together stay together.

12 Casey @ Insatiably Healthy February 17, 2012 at 11:41 am

Looks like a gorgeous run and a great way to start off a wonderful day and night! Have fun!
Casey @ Insatiably Healthy recently posted..Poparuba Review

13 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm

My dad and brother went on a run together the morning of my brother’s wedding! I think it’s a good tradition. Have fun today!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..No Such Thing As Failure

14 Poptartyogini February 17, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Have an awesome spa day!! It is coming fast now. Remember to take a step back and take a mental picture. It goes so fast!!
Poptartyogini recently posted..yoga: cheater, cheater

15 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Great tradition!

I haven’t had nutella in forever, seeing it makes me want to run out and buy some ASAP!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Happy Friday!

16 ash bear February 17, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I’m already looking forward to the run before your wedding. Let’s see, if things go as they normally do you’ll want to do more than average so I guess I better be in half marathon shape come January? :)

17 Kelley February 17, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I organized a ‘Run with the Bride’ the morning of my own wedding and it was awesome! All my friends came out to run with me before I walked down the aisle! You should definitely do it, it was one of the highlights of the wedding week!

Kelley recently posted..Carrying the Celebration on and on…

18 Army Amy* February 17, 2012 at 3:11 pm

That’s a great way to get in some quality sibling time. I hope everything is smooth tomorrow for your brother!*
Army Amy* recently posted..The Girl Who Can Compartmentalize

19 cam@mtl-fitness February 17, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Hi!

I just want to let you know that I discovered your blog this week and I’m totally hooked :) Keep up the good work!
cam@mtl-fitness recently posted..Move of the day!

20 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Awww! I got a tear in my eye reading about your run with your siblings. So great that you all have that special bond. I miss my brothers now that we are all over the country. Enjoy this time with them!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Friday Favorites

21 Life's a Bowl February 18, 2012 at 8:08 am

That’s awesome that all of you sibling share a love for running/ fitness- a great [and healthy] way to spend time together!

P.S. Your future sister in-laws zip-up jacket is adorable! I want one for my bid day :P