11 Random Things

by Meghann on February 16, 2012

A couple of weeks ago Callie tagged me in her ’11 Random Things’ survey. I try not to get caught up in every tagged survey trend that pops up in the blog world (they can really start to add up and become overwhelming to keep up with), but this one looked like fun. I really enjoyed reading Callie’s random facts and thought it would be fun. 🙂

Here are the rules:

1. Post these rules (check!)

2. You must post 11 random things about yourself

3. Answer the questions set for you by the person who tagged you

4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer

5. Select 11 peeps and tag them on twitter, facebook, or on their blog. I’m switching this up. I’m tagging all of you. 🙂

Let’s start with the 11 random things about me.

1.   I’m the shortest member of my family. I’m also the eldest child (by a minute!)

2. Growing up I was in the front row of every class photo.

Every year I would yearn to make it to the second row, but I wasn’t even close. I was anywhere from the shortest to the 4th shortest kid in the class.

3. I was voted the equivalent of Miss Congeniality at the Junior Miss scholarship competition I participated in my senior year of high school.

MegJuniorMissAHS02.jpg

It was my one and only attempt at any sort of beauty pageant. My ‘talent’ was the dance my cheerleading squad learned at cheer camp that summer and my formalwear was my homecoming dress from the month before. There was a ‘fitness competition’ where we did a dance number that incorporated push-ups and sit-ups (while we looked and smiled at the audience) and a question and answer portion that I can’t remember the exacts of off the top of my head. It was a fun bonding experience with girls I had known since kindergarten.

AHSjuniorMiss2002.jpg

4. By the time my parents were my age they had four kids, owned their own home, and had been married for over 8 years. To this day, I have no idea how they did it. When I grow up, I want to be just like them. 🙂

CIMG0231.JPG

5. My first dog was named Rover. My Dad thought it was hilarious because – have you really ever met a dog named Rover?

blueroom.jpg

He passed away from cancer when he was barely three years old. My brother and i were in the same classroom in high school when we found out and had to be sent home early because we were crying so much. It was the first pet we had ever really lost. RIP Rover.

6. Scooby was originally called PD (Puppy Dog) until our friend Adrian started calling him Scooby. The name stuck and he’s been Scooby ever since.

100_0579.JPG

7. My nails grow at lightening speed. I get it from my Dad – he also has really strong nails that need to trimmed almost daily for work. I swear I’ll trim mine and the next day they’ll resemble talons again – it can get out of control.

8. My hair grows really fast too. I wish I had some secret to share on why it grows so fast. If I did, I would bottle it up and sell it on the black market for millions.

100_0179.JPG

9. I would rather spend money on traveling than buy expensive things. I don’t own fancy heels, expensive clothes, or a bag that costs more than $20, but I have traveled to New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, and done some pretty amazing races in the last couple of years. We all ‘splurge’ in different ways – mine is traveling.

10. When I was 17, I crashed a snowmobile into a tree in Colorado.

SnowmobileinTree.jpg

I confused the break with the gas and slammed right into it at full speed.

SnowmobileAccident.jpg

I was thrown off it to the right and, thankfully, landed on a nice fluffy snowbank. I walked away with a big lip and covered in bruises, but had no broken bones or major injuries. I got lucky. Really lucky.

Snowmobilecrash02.jpg

11. I had surgery on my eyes when I was 5. I was cross-eyed and they had to go in and tighten the muscles to stop my eyes from pulling in (at least that’s how the surgery was explained to me). I remember waking up, not being able to see, and requesting gatorade.

Callie’s Questions:

1. What is your favorite go-to dinner recipe?

Roasted vegetables with pasta sauce and cheese. It’s what I make when I come back from long trips because it’s so easy and tasty.

2. Where is the strangest place you’ve vacationed?

Amish country in Ohio. We were supposed to spend the week at Lake Lanier, but were rained out and decided to visit my uncle in Ohio instead. Not that Amish county is strange, just strange to be there on vacation when you were expecting to be on a boat in the middle of a lake the whole week.

3. Why do you blog?

To connect with like-minded individuals. I love the community that comes with a blog and everything that’s connected to it. My friends I’ve made while blogging have become like a second family to me. 🙂

4. What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in life?

Ah! I have absolutely no idea. I feel like I still have a lot of life left to live to answer that one.

5. How do you think people would describe you?

Out-going with a great personality. At least, that’s what I hope they say! I think I’m mostly described as ‘the blogger the runs a lot’ though.

6. What motivates you to work out?

Staying healthy. Goals that I set for myself are also great motivation.

7. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Anne Curry and Al Roker. I’m a Today Show fanatic.

60.jpg

8. What is the first blog you read every day?

I go through different stages with blogs. I used to read such-and-such blog first thing, but now i read another blog. I’m sure next week I’ll be going straight to another. Right now I’m all over bloggers who are expecting babies or just had babies. 🙂

9. In case of a fire, what is the one possession you would save?

My computer!!!! I’m sure the correct answer would be some treasured item that has been passed on between generations or that I’ve had since I was little, but the first thing that came to my mind was my computer. That or my external hard drive.

10. What is the ugliest piece of clothing you own that you can’t bear to get rid of? (Bonus points for a photo!)

My old jeans I’ve owned since sophomore year of college. Once upon a time, they to be cute, but the fit has turned funky and there are more rips than are appropriate. Still, they are so comfy that I refuse to give them up.

11. What is on the top of your bucket list?

Back pack around Europe. If I could go back in time, I would take a year off between school and getting my first real job and just back pack around Europe. My sister and my Dad did it one summer and it inspired me to add it to my own bucket list. One day, even it’s just for a couple of weeks, I want to experience what it’s truly like to live out of a back pack while hopping around Europe. One day…

My 11 Questions for all of YOU!

2. What were you like in high school?
  3. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
  4. What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
  5. How many states have you lived in?
  6. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
  7. What is your favorite color?
  8. Favorite cartoon character?
  9. What were you doing a year ago today?
  10. What do you want to be when you grow up?
  11. Today is going to be a great day because…

If you don’t have a blog, feel free to share your 11 random facts and 11 answers in the comments below! 🙂

1 Sarah February 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Your hair looks amazing in that picture with the crown 🙂 and I spy Hollister jeans.

1.If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
Granada, Spain
2.What were you like in high school?
Class president, but still kind of a mean girl. :/
3.How old were you when you had your first kiss?
It was from some older boy I didn’t know who was dared to kiss me. Romantic.
4.What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
Venti green tea with two tea bags
5.How many states have you lived in?
6.When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
My brother this morning
7.What is your favorite color?
Green
8.Favorite cartoon character?
Tinker Bell 🙂
9.What were you doing a year ago today?
A year ago, I would be in school.
10.What do you want to be when you grow up?
An author and a marathoner 😉
11.Today is going to be a great day because…
It’s one day closer to the weekend!!

2 Rachel February 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm

1. I would live in Africa. I’ve always wanted to do Peace Corps or something there, but I think to live there would be amazing.
2. Into the party scene, but also pretty mature for my age. I was the one with a steady job and income. I went to college for my junior and senior years, though. I hated high school.
3. 16!
4. Either a soy latte or drip with cream. I’d rather have simple, good coffee than sweet espresso drinks.
5. 5: Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona and now Colorado! (wow, 5?!) Oh, and also Italy for awhile. so, 5 + 1 international country.
6. This morning, I told The BF when I left the house.
7. The former art student in me can never answer that question. Favorite color to look at? To paint with? To wear??
8. Interesting.. Um, does the cast of The Lion King count?
9. Living at my parents’ house in Seattle, with my boyfriend, working my first post-grad job at Amazon Corporate Headquarters. It was awful.
10. Happy. Whatever I’m doing and whoever I’m with, I want to be happy. 🙂
11. I have leftover pizza for lunch!

3 Rachel February 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm

3. 16!
6. This morning, I told The BF when I left the house.
8. Interesting.. Um, does the cast of The Lion King count?
10. Happy. Whatever I’m doing and whoever I’m with, I want to be happy. 🙂
11. I have leftover pizza for lunch!

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm

The story about your parents is really cute 🙂 I think everyone aspires for that kind of marriage.

My favorite color is purple. My go-to coffee order is a soy misto with sugar-free vanilla syrup.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Trying To Decide…

5 Dori February 16, 2012 at 2:03 pm

LOVE the pic of Scooby laying in bed like a person! Very cute and funny. I am so envious of your hair’s ability to grow. It really is crazy how long it’s gotten since I first met you two years ago. My hair doesn’t get long anymore, it bums me out.
Dori recently posted..Breaking Up with the Barre

6 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 16, 2012 at 2:07 pm

what a great Q & A!

ps – I was always in the front row in school pics too!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Mint and bean dip

7 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 16, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Love this!!! I think I’ll post it tomorrow 😀
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Soba Noodles with Tofu and Kale

8 Sara J February 16, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’m bored at work, so thought I’d answer your questions 🙂

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? NYC – jsut like Carrie from SATC!
What were you like in high school? Overweight, shy
How old were you when you had your first kiss? 18
What is your go-to coffee or tea order? I’m more of a hot chocolate girl
How many states have you lived in? Only 1 (PA), but I live in England for the first 16 years of my life.
When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Today
What is your favorite color? pink/red
Favorite cartoon character? Tinker Bell
What were you doing a year ago today? Probably the same things as today… work, blah!
What do you want to be when you grow up? hhhmmm, I’m 32, but still not sure yet!
Today is going to be a great day because… I’m going out to dinner with my husband to this amazing New Orleans style restaurant in our town, using a Groupon 🙂

9 Cait's Plate February 16, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Ahh. I loved this post!

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? – Probably Colorado. I just got back from a trip there and LOVED it.
What were you like in high school? A student athlete – through and through!
How old were you when you had your first kiss? – Umm, 14?
What is your go-to coffee or tea order? – COFFEE!! (in a vat!)
How many states have you lived in? – 4!
When was the last time you told someone you loved them? – Told my mom this morning!
What is your favorite color? – Blue/green/purple (can I have 3?)
Favorite cartoon character? – This is a tough one…I don’t watch enough cartoons…
What were you doing a year ago today? – I had just started my new job at InStyle!
What do you want to be when you grow up? – Whatever I am, I just want to impact people’s lives in a positive way 🙂
Today is going to be a great day because…I decided it would be!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Breakfast in a Box

10 Lindsay February 16, 2012 at 2:25 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
Australia, and I would manage to pick up an Aussie dude with an accent.

What were you like in high school?
I guess I would have been considered a “floater”, I had friends in each group but secretly I never felt like I fit in anywhere.

How old were you when you had your first kiss?
Kindergarten

What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
Coke Zero

How many states have you lived in?
5, New York, Washington, Illinois, Indiana and Colorado

When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
This morning

What is your favorite color?
Black, like my soul

Favorite cartoon character?
Consuela,the maid on Family Guy

What were you doing a year ago today?
Exactly what I’m doing right now, sitting in my cube being worthless to society

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A supermodel

Today is going to be a great day because… I plan on dominating a reuben for dinner tonight.
Lindsay recently posted..Swim Suit Review

11 Sarah February 16, 2012 at 2:32 pm

1. The Cook Islands
2. Part of the smart/preppy group
3. 17… I was too busy being smart, see above.
4. 16 ounce drip with soy. I’m scared of non-organic milk and soy.
5. Just one, Washington State. (Plus Germany where I was born.)
6. 5 seconds ago, gmail chatting with my husband
7. Bright crispy green.
8. I don’t have one… I guess the Little Mermaid from when I was a kid?
9. This exact same thing, working.
10. At 27 this question feels weird, but I guess my next major life goal is to be a mom.
11. Because it’s Friday-Junior (aka Thursday)!

12 Michelle February 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? – Likely somewhere in Europe, like Greece or Italy.

What were you like in high school?
A band kid with friends in various other social circles.

How old were you when you had your first kiss? –

What is your go-to coffee or tea order? –
Skinny Mocha when it’s cool, Iced Passion Tea Lemonade when it’s warm

How many states have you lived in?
Just one.

When was the last time you told someone you loved them? –
My sister

What is your favorite color? –
Purple is the reigning favorite, but I love teal/pink/yellow/red/green too

Favorite cartoon character? –
Do the Disney Princesses count?

What were you doing a year ago today? –
I had just gotten back from a leadership conference in Colorado

What do you want to be when you grow up? –
A nurse slash wedding planner

Today is going to be a great day because…
I woke up right when my alarm went off. And because having a bad day is not an option!

13 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 16, 2012 at 3:22 pm

How fun!! My fav color is PINK and one year ago I had JUST quit a horrible job that I hated. I am in a much happier place! Oh, and if I could live a YEAR somewhere it would be Switzerland (where my mom is from) OR Hawaii.

14 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I’m jealous of how fast your hair grows, not fair!

If I could live anywhere in the world I’d want to live somewhere crazy like Greece or Spain or Australia (etc. etc.) just to see the day-to-day in a different culture.

And today’s going to be a great day because tomorrow’s Friday and it’s almost the weekend!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..WIAW {02-15-2012}

15 Vikki February 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I”ll play. 🙂

1. When I’ve had a bad day at work, I watch M*A*S*H. I can now quote along with the dialogue
2. I hoop dance and despite having no rhythm, I’m pretty good at it.
3. When I was seven, I stepped on a toothpick and it went up into my foot. Six months later the last piece came out.
4. I write romance and want to be published.
5. When it comes to karaoke, my opinion is that if you can’t sing well, just sing loud.
6. I’ve decided that since I can’t be thin, I’ll just be the fittest fat person I know
7. My life isn’t what I planned it to be. Most of the time, I’m glad.
8. Hoarders scared me into cleaning out my closets and my house.
9. I work in Dilbertland and relate a little too much to the comic strip.
10. I wish I had more time to craft.
11. I haven’t had a date in over 4 years (by choice.) I’m thinking about coming out of the dry spell.

1. If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? Europe, I don’t care what country. I would take trains and planes everywhere so that I could see what I wanted to see.
2. What were you like in high school? Conservative and nerdy. I’m now considerably less conservative, but I’m still nerdy
3. How old were you when you had your first kiss? 20
4. What is your go-to coffee or tea order?Hot cocoa
5. How many states have you lived in? 2
6. When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Yesterday
7. What is your favorite color? Purple
8. Favorite cartoon character? Mulan
9. What were you doing a year ago today? Preparing for a really big code move
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? Published author
11. Today is going to be a great day because… It is Friday eve and tonight I get to play with my hula hoops and I get to work on my novel.

16 Christine February 16, 2012 at 3:35 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? Ireland or Japan – I’ve been to both and absolutely loved both!
What were you like in high school? Goody two shoes, straight A student, overly involved. Senior year I was voted “Biggest Brown-noser”
How old were you when you had your first kiss? 16 1/2 I hit 16 and had never been kissed
What is your go-to coffee or tea order? French press coffee – dark roast
How many states have you lived in? 2 Wisconsin and New York
When was the last time you told someone you loved them? This morning to the BF as I was leaving for work
What is your favorite color? Green
Favorite cartoon character? The Bugs and Daffy duo (duck season/rabbit season is the best episode ever!)
What were you doing a year ago today? I was living in NYC working as a martial arts instructor
What do you want to be when you grow up? I had always wanted to be a teacher, now I’m a health educator at a community health clinic and couldn’t be happier
Today is going to be a great day because… it’s sunny and I got a run in!

17 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 16, 2012 at 3:36 pm

1) Denver or Chicago
2) I was the good girl, cheerleader & honors student
3) 15
4) grande non fat latte
5) 1
6) about 10 minutes ago-my husband!
7) purple
8)Rapunzel from Tangled
9) Engaged and working full-time
10) Writer!
11) It’s almost Friday! 🙂
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Valentine’s Day for Many Days

18 Sarah L.J. February 16, 2012 at 3:41 pm
19 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness February 16, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I was tagged not to long ago, but had a lot of fun with it (read it here: http://bit.ly/x73is3). It was great getting to know more things about you! I am from Colorado and gasped at your snowmobile crash. Yikes!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..All Cabbage is Not Created Equal: Enjoy Some Savoy

20 Lesley Zinn February 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I’ll play 🙂

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
ROME, ITALY
What were you like in high school?
I WAS AN IN-BETWEENER. NOT POPULAR BUT NOT A NERD (Sorry, that was the term we used way back when)
How old were you when you had your first kiss?
17 (LATE BLOOMER) AND I HATED IT. I THINK I BIT HIM 🙂
What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
COFFEE, TEA ONLY WHEN I AM SICK
How many states have you lived in?
2 NY AND CALIFORNIA
When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
2 HOURS AGO. MY HUSBAND AND I WORK TOGETHER AND WE HAVE SECRET WORD FOR “I LOVE YOU” THAT WE USE OVER IM 🙂
What is your favorite color?
GREEN
Favorite cartoon character?
CHILLY WILLY THE PENGUIN
What were you doing a year ago today?
THE SAME THING I AM DOING NOW EXCEPT I WASNT MARRIED OR PREGNANT 🙂
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A GOOD WIFE AND MOTHER
Today is going to be a great day because…
I WANT IT TO BE. AND TOMORROW IS FRIDAY 🙂

21 Jenna February 16, 2012 at 5:00 pm

1. Japan
2. I was a nerd
3. 15
4. Medium non-fat latte or medium hot coffee extra cream, no sugar
5. 4- Virginia, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
6. This afternoon- to my dog 🙂
7. This changes all the time. Currently it’s green.
8. Brian from Family Guy
9. I was on a flight to Panama!
10. Satisfied
11. Every day is what you make of it 🙂

22 Cristina February 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
Paris
What were you like in high school?
party girl
How old were you when you had your first kiss?
What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
tall regular coffee with skim milk.
How many states have you lived in?
5 states and 3 countries
When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
This morning i told my husband and my pups that I loved them before leaving the house.
What is your favorite color?
PINK
Favorite cartoon character?
Fred Flinstone
What were you doing a year ago today?
I was student teaching and in my 2nd year of graduate school.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
a teacher!
Today is going to be a great day because…
tomorrow starts a 4 day weekend followed by a 4 day work week!!!

23 Kasandra February 16, 2012 at 5:21 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
London

What were you like in high school? Shy & nerdy, but my BFFs were the popular girls (they were my friends from childhood) so I was automatically on the cool list.

How old were you when you had your first kiss? 14

What is your go-to coffee or tea order? Venti, unsweetened iced coffee (taken with skim milk & 2 sweet & lows).

How many states have you lived in? 2 (Mass, NY)

When was the last time you told someone you loved them? This A.M. to my husband.

What is your favorite color? Purple!

Favorite cartoon character? Josie from Josie & the Pussycats

What were you doing a year ago today? Joining Lucille Roberts.

What do you want to be when you grow up? May 2013 I’ll have graduated with my Masters in Social Work. So there you go. 🙂

Today is going to be a great day because… I am going to night court on a school field trip! 🙂

24 Hannah February 16, 2012 at 6:04 pm

1) If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?: Hawaii! Or California. Somewhere warm and West Coast.
2) What were you like in high school?: I was shy and always the “new kid” since I moved so much. I was finally loud and outgoing my senior year though!
3) How old were you when you had your first kiss? 16
4) What is your go-to coffee or tea order?: Non-fat Latte
5) How many states have you lived in?: 5
6) When was the last time you told someone you loved them?: Yesterday! Multiple times 🙂
7) What is your favorite color?: Purple!
8) Favorite cartoon character?: Spongebob Squarepants 🙂
9) What were you doing a year ago today?: Sitting in class! It was the last semester of my senior year of college.
10) What do you want to be when you grow up?: I’m partially it already – an awesome PR gal at a kick-butt ad agency! But, more than that I want to be a novelist.
11) Today is going to be a great day because…: I am alive and healthy. What more can you ask for?

25 Annie February 16, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I was 15 when I crashed a snow mobile into a tree! 🙂

26 Krista February 16, 2012 at 7:13 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? Hawaii
What were you like in high school? Chubby, & kinda nerdy. I had a core group of friends who were kinds nerdy too.
How old were you when you had your first kiss? 17 I think
What is your go-to coffee or tea order? Regular iced coffee w/half & half
How many states have you lived in? 1
When was the last time you told someone you loved them? Today
What is your favorite color? Used to be pink, now I think it’s blue
Favorite cartoon character? Tinker Bell
What were you doing a year ago today? Working, planning my wedding.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Still unsure & I’m 32!
Today is going to be a great day because… I get to see my 2 year old niece tonight!

27 Claire February 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I’m a newish reader so, sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you a twin? (I’m asking because of the “oldest by a minute” comment)

Also, it’s funny you mention the hair – I remember at some point reading an older post of yours that was linked to a newer one, and it was only like a year or so old but I remember being amazed at how much longer your hair was in the more recent one! Haha

28 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 16, 2012 at 7:23 pm

I am the opposite on the hair thing – my hair grows so slowly!!!! I have pictures of me at my first birthday and I still had the hair of a newborn. Ridiculous.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Agar, WHAT??

29 Lee February 16, 2012 at 7:48 pm

How tall are you now? I never really pegged you for being short!
Lee recently posted..Short and Sweet

30 Angie February 16, 2012 at 8:28 pm

1. If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? The Big Island in Hawaii
2. What were you like in high school? An overachiever
3. How old were you when you had your first kiss? 14
4. What is your go-to coffee or tea order? Regular coffee
5. How many states have you lived in? 6 – SC, Kentucky, CA, FL, VA, NC
6. When was the last time you told someone you loved them? A few minutes ago.
7. What is your favorite color? Purple
8. Favorite cartoon character? George Jetson’s wife
9. What were you doing a year ago today? Getting ready to sell our house and change jobs!
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? A college professor
11. Today is going to be a great day because… I have a great life 🙂

31 AndreaClaire February 16, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Probably move back to Switzerland or Ireland.
2. What were you like in high school?
Geek doesn’t even begin to cover it. I mean, come on. I quoted Monty Python during band class and spent my grade 12 spare block sitting in on a calculus class for fun.
3. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
13 at a game of spin-the-bottle
16 when it actually meant something
4. What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
Coffee: dark roast with room for cream and sugar
5. How many states have you lived in?
None. Canadian.
6. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
Yesterday. I say it a lot.
7. What is your favorite color?
I don’t have a favourite colour but I gravitate more towards blues/greens/purples.
8. Favorite cartoon character?
Animaniacs
9. What were you doing a year ago today?
Same thing I do every year: try to take over the world.
10. What do you want to be when you grow up?
At 31, I’m still trying to figure that out. My childhood dream of a scuba-diving marine biologist who moonlights as a ballerina just seems to get further and further away every year.
11. Today is going to be a great day because…
It’s almost over. And I’m off to hang out with my friends in between their sets. Love having musical friends.
AndreaClaire recently posted..A Case For Giving Me All Your Money

32 Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog February 16, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I can’t wait to do this! It’s nice to have inspiration for a post on reserve…not that I ever need it, to be honest. When I’m in school it’s like I take a break from blogging or reading blogs to do homework or studying…haha!

33 delia February 16, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Memes are a guilty pleasure.

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live? San Francisco

What were you like in high school? brainy, not very talkative, driven

How old were you when you had your first kiss? 11, we were playing Truth or Dare

What is your go-to coffee or tea order? I usually don’t order tea or coffee. Usually I get water; on a rare occasion, I’ll get some etoh.

How many states have you lived in? 4

When was the last time you told someone you loved them? I think yesterday when my mom called.

What is your favorite color? pink

Favorite cartoon character? Snoopy

What were you doing a year ago today? Hanging out in my apartment most likely

What do you want to be when you grow up? a success

Today is going to be a great day because… I am off tomorrow!

34 Kerry-Lynn February 17, 2012 at 9:28 am

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
New Zealand – visited for 6 weeks and fell in love!
What were you like in high school?
a little bit of everything – trying to find myself
How old were you when you had your first kiss?
What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
I love earl grey tea latte’s but they r so pricey so I order an earl grey tea with a shot of vanilla and just add a lot of milk
How many states have you lived in?
Canadian girl here – so none – I have however lived in only 1 province, but have visited 17 states – with more to come!
When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
This morning 😉
What is your favorite color?
Red
Favorite cartoon character?
Sylvester – when I was little I called him Sylbester
What were you doing a year ago today?
Don’t remember – work or school or both
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A physical geographer 🙂
Today is going to be a great day because…
I get to hit the slopes again for my snowboarding lessons with my friends! Great weekly Friday date!

35 Krissy @ Shiawase Life February 17, 2012 at 11:22 am

I posted my responses to your questions (had already done the meme last week) today!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..The Friday Random!

36 Life's a Bowl February 17, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I’ve had a blast reading a bunch of peoples answers to the 11 question survey [did it myself last week] 🙂 My answers to a few of your Q’s:

If I could live anywhere for a year I think I’d wanna live on some tropical island and wear nothing but shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops B-)

I had my first kiss in kindergarten- I pulled the boy I liked into the coat closet and laid a wet one on his cheek [hehe]!

My heart belongs to Sbucks… A half-caff coffee or cappuccino are my typical go-to’s…

I tell my fiance and my momma that I love them multiple times a day 🙂

When I was younger I wanted to be a marine biologist so I could swim with Flipper… But that didn’t happen and I’m a teacher!
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..The Cost of Love [Relationship Infographics]

37 Allison February 18, 2012 at 2:57 pm

If you could live anywhere in the world for just a year – where would you live?
Amsterdam.

What were you like in high school?
Reigning chorus queen and total music nerd!

How old were you when you had your first kiss?
15.

What is your go-to coffee or tea order?
Skinny vanilla latte, or pumpkin spice if it’s in season!

How many states have you lived in?
1 =(

When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
My sister, on the phone a few hours ago.

What is your favorite color?
Red.

Favorite cartoon character?
Snow White.

What were you doing a year ago today?
Probably classes, maybe work.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
I think a counselor with an emphasis is substance abuse and addiction.

Today is going to be a great day because…
I got to sleep in!

38 Rachel February 19, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I had a similar eye surgery when I was 15! I had stabismus, kind of like a lazy eye, in my right eye. My eye would wander when I was tired and I would see double. I remember having this issue since I was about seven, but thought it happened to everyone when they were tired! Finally, when I was about 13, my dad noticed that my eyeball was “off,” which led to several doctor visits and finally, surgery.

39 Jessica February 21, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Hi, I love your blog! Are we still doing the random 11 things? I love filling these out! 🙂

1) Tel Aviv. I got married in Jerusalem and we spent a lot of time in Tel Aviv, the culture, atmosphere and social life is unreal!
2) I was a choir/theatre/creative writing geek!
3) 14
4) A grande Misto with vanilla soy milk.
5) Nebraska and Washington D.C. Traveled quite a bit through!
6) I told my husband I loved him when I left the house this morning.
7) Mint green.
8) Donald Duck.
9) A year ago I was an AmeriCorps VISTA working on community development projects in Omaha.
10) That’s tough! Either a professor, a journalist or grant writer.
11) Today is going to be a great day because the sun is out, I have a 5.5 mile run this afternoon and wine at my house! 🙂