Tortilla Bun

by Meghann on February 15, 2012

Introducing my latest guilty pleasure (and I totally blame Rock n Roll for this).

Snickers Marathon is one of the major sponsors of the Rock ‘n’ Roll race series. I’ve only seen them at the expos or the finisher chutes of the races I’ve run with them. Their bars are full of sugar and have little nutritional value (besides the 13g of protein), but they taste exactly like a Snickers candy bar (I <3 Snickers!) and I find myself grabbing handfuls of them at the end of every race. I wouldn’t eat one everyday, but they’re a fun treat when I’m craving a Snickers. Like this afternoon. Yum.

Full of sugar or not, the bar did a great job at holding me over until dinner. (The 13g of protein was good for something after all ;) ) On the menu tonight? chicken sausage and veggies.

When I was in college my roommates and I forgot to purchase buns for our italian sausages and improvised with tortillas. The tortillas were the perfect substitute-buns and sort of stuck with us the rest of the school year. Even today I still enjoy a a tortilla wrapped chicken sausage. :)

On the side I sauteed the last of our zucchini and yellow squash and heated up some frozen green beans.

Valentine’s Godiva chocolates for dessert.

Derek and I are going through the box of chocolates way too fast. Either that or there are too many raspberry/cherry filled ones and neither of us or touching them – darn.

Verizon Ambassador

I have a little announcement to make. :)

Verizon Ambassador Badge.png

Earlier this month I signed on to be a Verizon Ambassador. Basically all that means is Verizon sent me a new Droid Razr to test out and review over the next couple of months.

Which is perfect because I’m a Droid girl (whoop! whoop!) and am happy to talk up the Android system with anyone (including my Android hating/ iPhone loving fiance). Yes, we’re a split household. I’m thinking of having ‘we agree to disagree on who has the better cellphone’ written into our vows. It’s been the source of many heated arguments – don’t ask.

My first impression of the Droid Razr is how BIG it is – like a mini tablet. Some people aren’t fans of giant phones – but I LOVE them. My personal phone is an Evo and I’ve always been a fan of the bigger screen and find it hard to type when I use anyone else’s phone. To me, the large screen is perfect, especially for tweeting, Facebooking, and emailing.

Another thing was how thin it is.

Yes, the screen is nice and large, but it’s thin enough to slip in my back pocket and not create a crazy bulge. It’s the perfect slip-in-the-back-pocket size.

This phone and I are just getting started. If you have any questions about it, please let me know in the comments. Personally, I’m excited about the ability to turn this baby into a mobile hot spot.

Every blogger’s dream come true. ;)

What about you? Droid or iPhone? Or another phone system?

Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassadors’ Program and have been provided with a wireless device and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. All opinions are my own.

1 RunEatRepeat February 15, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I love big phones and I cannot lie…

2 Lindsey February 15, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Droid. I have the Motorola Atrix and love it. I only wish I had a keyboard option since my fingers and touch screens do not get along ;) I went with a droid over a iPhone because there are more free apps!

3 Dori February 15, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Did you switch to Verizon or is this only for the trial? I used to like my Android phone . . . until I got an iPhone and in my opinion, there is no comparison and no going back!

4 Meghann February 15, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Just for this trial. However, Derek and I are exploring our options for when we combine plans in the next year or so.

5 Alex February 15, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Hi Meghann, a quick question about the phone. How did you get the weather on your “home page” ? My friend has this phone and we were trying to figure out how to do this. Thanks!

6 Meghann February 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Unfortunately I don’t have a good answer for that one. Derek was the one who had fun setting the homepage of the phone up. I asked him and all he told me was he found it while messing with the widgits.

7 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon February 15, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I had one of those bars ONCE back in high school, loved it, and then never saw one again! They really are quite elusive…

8 Rachel February 15, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I finally replaced my old, cracked flip phone with an iPhone this holiday season. I love it! Now, I can’t imagine using any other phone (I’m a Mac gal).

9 Lish February 15, 2012 at 10:28 pm

My contract is up at the end of the month and I cannot wait to get my hands on a Droid. I was 100% sure I was going to get an iPhone once they became available on the Verizon network, but after playing with my brother’s Droid and hearing about some of the reception issues my friends have been having with their iPhones, I’m a convert. I also got a Android based tablet for Christmas and have been nothing but pleased with its functions and apps available.

10 Daphne @ Candy Coated Runner February 15, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I have a Droid and my boyfriend has an iPhone too! I love my Droid, but I will admit, I have not ruled out switching to an iPhone in a few months… but maybe this Droid will change that.

11 CheezyK February 15, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I’m a Mac girl and my husband has an iPhone but I love my Driod. It’s Google compatibility in particular is great for the amount of mail and Reader use it gets. The Hotspot option on this is great, I would be very interested to know how well it works. Also, whether or not the Razr has the same GPS issues that the Nexus S does – my one and only complaint is that the GPS doesn’t work properly at all!

12 Alyssa February 16, 2012 at 9:25 am

I have the HTC Thunderbolt and it has HotSpot capability as well. I LOVE it! Whenever a wireless network is password protected I switch on my HotSpot and am never without great wireless service. My computer & Kindle have no issues hooking up or maintaining connectivity and I’ve used it for hours at a tiem.

13 Lena @Fit on the Rocks February 15, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I’m really going to have to try the tortilla trick. I don’t ever buy buns and never finish a pack of tortillas…genius

14 JessicaE February 15, 2012 at 11:26 pm

oh man, send the raspberry filled ones to me!! I LOVE those especially with dark chocolate :D

15 MrsSwan February 15, 2012 at 11:35 pm

That is awesome that u get to play with a razor. I am playing with my new asus transformer. Touchscreen will be weird to get used to. I found that ireally enjoy my droid 3.

16 Alaina February 16, 2012 at 12:03 am

I would definitely be interested in hearing your reviews! My upgrade is due in the summer and I’m torn between getting a Droid or iPhone.

17 Jen @ Whittle My Middle February 16, 2012 at 12:10 am

Great idea to have a tortilla with the sausage.
I’m an iphone user all the way. I like the Androids (my husband has one) but I use a Mac at home and at work, so I just stick with all Mac devices. I’m a sucker that way.

18 Ashlee February 16, 2012 at 12:24 am

You forgot the biggest selling point, it’s 4G. My hubs works for VZW- he and I have tested the data speeds between my iPhone and his 4g Droid(s) (including the Razr). Bottom line, his are always 10X faster.

19 Ashley February 16, 2012 at 12:37 am

I have to say, I’m a iPhone gal! We have all Apple products in our household actually!

20 Chelsea February 16, 2012 at 12:54 am

I’m a droid kinda girl ;D But a tmobile droid girl lolz!

21 Christina February 16, 2012 at 1:27 am

Chicken sausage sounds great! Do you have a favorite brand?

22 Meghann February 16, 2012 at 7:42 am

These were the last of the ones shown here http://mealsandmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_7765.jpg I found them at Whole Foods over the weekend. They’re not bad and I like how they’re organic and hormone free.

23 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 16, 2012 at 7:03 am

I’m an iphone girl, 100%! And maybe they should just sell those new snickers bars, instead of the regular ones, that way when people go for a snicker’s bar, they are ALSO getting a filling snack and not just a sugar rush! They should really market that. Sounds soooo good.

24 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 16, 2012 at 7:04 am

I actually just looked up the nutrition facts on that energy bar -15g of sugar. Although fake sugar, haha, that’s actually less than a flavored chobani!

25 Amanda February 16, 2012 at 7:13 am

I had an Android but never really loved it. Got an iPhone for Christmas and I’m much happier now!

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 16, 2012 at 7:30 am

I have an EVO too and I love it!!

27 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 16, 2012 at 7:53 am

I used to have an Android phone. I had the very first Droid and the last couple of months, it was just awful. I couldn’t make phone calls, text, download apps or do much of anything. I was eligible for an upgrade so I went with the iPhone 4S. It was the best decision. I love it!

28 Danielle @ Long May You Run February 16, 2012 at 8:00 am

My hubby was invited to be a Verizon Ambassador and got sent the Driod Razr too! Last week, I just upgraded to an iPhone. So we’ve both just gone from dumb phones to smart phones. Personally, the battery life on the Razor blows, and the iPhone syncs everything perfectly with my computer (Mac)… so there’s really no comparison.

29 Meghann February 16, 2012 at 4:35 pm

The battery life sucked with all the initial settings, but taking advantage of all the battery saving settings really helped. Also, turning off the 4G and connecting to WiFi whenever possible saves sooo much battery. Mine can now last for 48s hrs!

30 Emily February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am

Droid user, but can’t decide next time. I will be a verizon gal till i die though. I have the motorola droid pro. love it. I need the blackberry-esque keyboard, i think.

31 Lee February 16, 2012 at 8:27 am

Those Snickers Marathon bars are pretty good. One of my blog friends, Lindsay, is part of their running team so she always has some on hand to give out. Yum.

Also – iphone.

32 Cheryl @ eatplayluvblog February 16, 2012 at 8:38 am

The tortilla idea actually seems genius–you could taste the sausage, for once! :) Can’t wait to try it.

33 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 16, 2012 at 8:43 am

I’ve never tried a Marathon bar but I do love Snickers! I had a Blackberry for awhile and recently switched over to the iPhone. I love my iPhone, it’s so much easier to use than my old Blackberry but it does have its quirks like failing to connect to wifi sometimes.

I thought about getting a droid but the bigger screen scared me away, I’m glad you like it though!

34 Jessica February 16, 2012 at 10:00 am

I just got the Droid Razr last week and love it! Where did you get your weather banner?

35 Meghann February 16, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I’m not sure – Derek added it to the homepage! I think it’s from the widget market though

36 Cait's Plate February 16, 2012 at 10:09 am

I’m a Droid girl all the way! I will never turn away from it!

And I’m definitely not above the tortilla bun! I’ve done it many a time before when low on food :)

37 Mary @ food and fun on the run February 16, 2012 at 10:14 am

I will never go to an iPhone! I love my Droid wayyy to much!!

38 Joss February 16, 2012 at 11:00 am

droid all the way! Love my HTC phone…

39 Amy @ Pinning my Pinterest February 16, 2012 at 11:12 am

I LOVE my iPhone – my hubby has one has well, but for work has a different phone, he tried the droid…but hated it. We both are iPhone lovers!

40 Heather Blackmon @ Better With Veggies February 16, 2012 at 11:15 am

I fell in love with that phone when I saw the commercials, I’m a Droid girl too! How is the battery life working out? My phone was pretty slim originally (Galaxy S), but I added the extended battery so I can use it ALL THE TIME and not have it die on me before I’m done. Now it’s bulkier, but lasts.

41 Meghann February 16, 2012 at 4:39 pm

The battery on the Razr isn’t bad as long as I connect it to WiFi in the house and turn the 4G off. For my EVO, I had to upgrade to the extended battery too. It does add bulk, but it’s soooooooo worth it!

42 Cristina February 16, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I have a Droid X and i’m up for a new phone in 3 weeks. The razor is the number 1 on my list so i’m super excited to hear your thoughts on it. I LOVE android!!!

43 Stacey @ Avid Hiker, Aspiring Runner, Pug Mom, Girly Girl February 16, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I have a Droid X right now, and I have loved it since i got it. I am not sure when I am up for a new phone, but I would love to upgrade! Maybe I’ll check and see when I am due for a new one….

44 amanda February 17, 2012 at 10:05 am

I have an EVO too and I love the big brilliant screen!

45 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm

I’m an iPhone gal. And I work at Apple.

But that’s okay…we can still be friends. ;)