Pinterest Fail 🙁
Really, this one was my fault. The avocado wasn’t ripe enough and it just went downhill from there.
Here was my original inspiration.
It sounded easy enough:
- Cut avocado in half
- Remove nut
- Add egg
- Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes
But, yeah, the under-ripened avocado mixed with a wobbly yolk that decided to spill over the edge was not a good combination.
Oh, well. I’m sure I’ll try it again. I’m not ready to give up that easily. 🙂
Lunch ended up just being a bunch of leftovers instead.
The last slice of cauliflower pizza
Edamame (plus about 15 – 20 more that I couldn’t stop snacking on while trying to figure the egg-in-avocado out.)
And cheese stick
It worked. 🙂
The official race photos for the Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Pete 1/2 Marathon were released yesterday. The official photos are the best because every runner has this mental image of what we *think* we look like out on the course – strong, lean, perfect posture, big smile (HA!) – and then we get our photos and realize it’s more like this.
Oh, yes. That’s what a real runner looks like – all squished and hanging on for dear life. At least, that’s what this runner looks like. 😉
In all fairness, there are runners out there who take amazing race photos and I bow down to each and everyone of them. There were even a few from this race’s batch that weren’t terrible, but it’s the hilarious ones that are always my favorites.
Like getting caught taking photos on the pier
or playing grab-sy with my shirt
or adjusting my earbud
or giving it my all at the finish line
So. Close. Must. Push. Harder.
Those are the photos that tell the real story of the race.
It’s not always smiles and thumbs up – though I do have a couple of those too…
It’s hard work, funny faces, and not giving a care in the world what you look like when you cross that finish line – only that you DO cross that finish line. That’s the most important part after all. 🙂
Oh, and can we talk about how many photographers were out on that course? Probably the most I’ve seen at any race. I will give kudos to Rock ‘n’ Roll for that much.
And I have to give a shout out to my friend Callie for having the cutest race photo ever.
Adorable! I love her smile. And her beanie over her visor. It’s the best. 🙂
Speaking of Callie (and everyone else who ran St. Pete on Sunday!) here’s a round-up of race day posts from my fellow bloggers who kicked booty in the half. Check them out! 🙂
- The Wannabe Athlete – St. Pete Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon (<- rocking her FIRST half marathon!)
- What’s Normal Anyways? – The Impulsive Half Marathoner – The Short of It (I spotted Jess on the course when we were walking back to the car and had to stop and give her a big hug. If you’re looking for inspiration – this girl is it! When I first met Jess back in 2006 she was recovering from open heart surgery and on Sunday she was completing her first half marathon. Just thinking about how amazing her journey has been gives me chills. I’m so proud of her. 🙂 )
- Food and Fun on the Run – The Inaugural Rock N Roll St. Pete Half Marathon (my pacer, Mary!)
- Sneakers2Sandals – RnR St Pete Race Recap
- In Love and Peanut Butter – Rock ‘N’ Roll St Pete Half Marathon
- Running on IPSUM – St. Pete Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon Recap
- My Fascinating Life – Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Pete Half Marathon in Pictures
- Little Girl In The Big World – Rock N Roll St. Petersburg Recap
If you ran the race please leave a link in the comments and I’ll add it to the post!
What’s the best things you were ‘caught’ doing in a race photo?