Coffee Date

by Meghann on February 7, 2012

This morning I had an excuse to visit one of my favorite coffee places in Tampa – Buddy Brew Coffee.

The hours are pretty funky and they’re all the way across town, so they always seems to be closed or about to close whenever I think to go there. Everything is roasted fresh on site and the storefront always smells amazing. Luckily their coffee beans are served in various other coffee shops around Tampa (Infusions Lounge and The Library just to name a couple) and can be purchased fresh on site.

A couple of weeks ago Stacey emailed me asking if I would meet her Tuesday morning for coffee and my mind immediately went to Buddy Brew. It had been far too long since my last visit.

(Ignore the wet hair – I was running late :/ )

Stacey is an absolute sweetheart. We met via the blogworld this past year and have sent a few emails back and forth on various things. She’s in town for Social Fresh, which is a great social media conference I volunteered at last year (as seen here, here, and here) but was unable to attend this year due to my NYC trip that carried over into Monday. She gave me a little insight into this year’s event, which was appreciated.

I ordered a skim cappuccino to sip on as we talked.

After Stacey left I stayed behind and got a ton of work done. I don’t know what it is, but coffee shops really encourage me to churn things out (minus the 25-30 minutes that were ate up googling wedding photos – see below).

When my stomach started yelling at me after 1:00, I knew it was time to go home and make lunch.

Thomas English Muffins were BOGO at Publix this week. I stocked up on the whole wheat ones and kept one out on the counter and froze the rest. The muffin makes an excellent sandwich when pressed in the george foreman with mozzarella cheese, turkey, avocado, and mixed greens.

Leftover chickpeas and mixed veggies on the side.

Style Me Pretty

Our wedding venue (Birdsong Barn) was featured on Style Me Pretty today.

Screen shot 2012-02-07 at 1.46.23 PM.png

Which inspired me to check out the original post created by the featured photographer.

Screen shot 2012-02-07 at 1.46.41 PM.png

And a few other posts by other photographers who have photographed weddings at Birdsong Barn.

Which got me really excited about this venue. :)

#Tip: When venue searching make sure to google the venue’s name plus wedding photos (ie Birdsong Barn Wedding Photos ) for inspiration on how other couples utilized the venue on their big day. It’s also a good way to discover local photographers who have already photographed and are familiar with the venue (and see their work).

1 Aditi February 7, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I saw the Style Me Pretty post on Birdsong this morning and thought of you! I am in the midst of planning my June wedding in Brooklyn so I have been trolling all the wedding blogs + pinterest looking for interesting ideas! Good luck with everything!

2 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 7, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Great choice in Birdsong Barn. It looks really cute!

I love Buddy Brews logo! If there is a dog in a logo, I love the place even before I order anything!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Muscle Fatigue and Functional Strength Workout

3 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 7, 2012 at 2:57 pm

That’s such a great idea to look at other wedding photos from the venue, that would give you tons of ideas of what looks you like for your own wedding!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..NROLFW–Stage 2 Recap

4 Stacey February 7, 2012 at 3:08 pm

:blushing:: Thanks for meeting up! Cute coffee shop too. I was totally jealous when I was leaving because you were able to stay. I got so much done sitting there before you arrived. Thanks again!
Stacey recently posted..Be (h)app(y) with Florida 511

5 Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm

looks like such a great venue!
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..Meatball madness!

6 Anne P February 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Omg totally just googled my venue’s name + wedding photos and spent the past 20 minutes looking through all the ones I found! Got me so excited :) Thanks for the idea – I hadn’t even though to do that!
Anne P recently posted..Perfecting the Art of Baked Chicken Fingers

7 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 7, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Good choice on the venue!!

CUte coffee shop too. What a fun day for you :)
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..BodyPUMP AIM 1 Review

8 Margo February 7, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Loved the post on Style Me Pretty about your venue! I have a Google alert set-up for my wedding venue + wedding photography. It’s great to see what people are doing with the space and to check out good locations to snap pictures on the big day!

9 Meghann February 7, 2012 at 3:29 pm

The google alert is an excellent idea!

10 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Coffee shops must put something in the water, I’m always 1,000x more productive while sitting in a coffee shop than when I’m working at home even if I have my computer to distract me. I also love small coffee shops and Buddy Brew looks amazing!

11 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups February 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I thought of you as soon as I saw the Style Me Pretty post! What a beautiful venue!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Sunny

12 Krissy @ Shiawase Life February 7, 2012 at 4:24 pm

YEAH! Amanda (I posted about her yesterday in your comments) was my wedding photographer! 😀
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Tune-in Tuesday!

13 Courtney February 7, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Love the coffee shop! It’s made more special by the fact that it’s not an every-day treat :) What a BEAUTIFUL venue, too.
Courtney recently posted..10 Miler

14 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs February 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm

I love your plate — and the food looks great too :)
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Monday, Monday

15 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 7, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Coffee shop trips are always super productive for me! My thought is, if I paid the three or four dollars for my drink, I might as well get work done. Otherwise, I should have just stayed in my apartment and goofed off for free!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Coconut Brown Rice with Brussels Sprouts

16 Samantha February 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm

It looks like you ended up with a really great venue. I love it, and I think it is going to work perfect with what it seems like you both want. I am very much enjoying following your wedding. :)
Samantha recently posted..Allergies > Jogging…

17 Cm @ Lazy Healthy February 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Funny, I also have a freezer full of Thomas ww English muffins. I toast them with pb on one side and a lil smear of jam on the other side for bfast.
Cm @ Lazy Healthy recently posted..Salmon Burrito Rx

18 Kiran @ February 7, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I was supposed to volunteer at Social Fresh again this year, but alas, the date was marked as March in my Outlook calendar. Shucks!!!
Kiran @ recently posted..Avocado & Kale Smoothie

19 Sneakers2sandals February 7, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I always pass that coffee shop but I never go in. Looks like I’ve been missing out!
Sneakers2sandals recently posted..I am, but I am not – and a new recipe!

20 Jena February 7, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Congrats on picking a venue! (i missed that I guess).

My cousin is using KT Crabb as her photographer next month. Their engagement pics were super cute. They are on the site. 2nd couple under the engagement tab (ben & katie).
Jena recently posted..can’t win them all

21 Sarah February 8, 2012 at 10:15 am

Your venue is gorgeous!! And I definitely googled my venue and photos too before picking my venue and photographer.
Sarah recently posted..Splitting up… our new Family Unit

22 Joss February 8, 2012 at 11:02 pm

mmm that cappucino looks amazing. Yes I would prolly notice just the caffeine out of all of that 😀