National Frozen Yogurt Day

by Meghann on February 6, 2012

Happy National Frozen Yogurt Day!

FreeFroYo.jpg

Clearly a day that needs to be celebrated, especially when the promise of free yogurt is being thrown my way. ;)

I discovered Yogurtland’s National Frozen Yogurt Day freebie happy hour via Facebook (thanks Callie!) and couldn’t pass up a chance to score some free frozen yogurt on my way home from the gym.

Surprisingly the place wasn’t packed. There were a few families and about as many workers on hand to usher everyone in and out. I asked if there was anything special that needed to be done for the free fro-yo, but was simply instructed to fill my cup up with yogurt as normal, add the toppings, and grab a spoon.

The cups were about half the size as normal ones, which meant they were the perfect size. Why don’t self-serve yogurt places carry the smaller size year around? I would be a fan. :)

I filled my cup with a mix of yogurts that looked good then topped it all with strawberries, blackberried, chocolate candy pieces and a frosted animal cracker.

IMG_6943.JPG IMG_6946.JPG

The fro-yo made for an excellent snack, and you really can’t beat the prize. Happy National Frozen Yogurt Day to me, indeed. ;)

Lunch was a fun combo this afternoon of what we randomly had on hand when we returned from our trip.

I heated up a steam-in-the-bag bag of mixed vegetables that I added to a bed of mixed greens with some canned chickpeas, walnuts, and a homemade dressing. It was a 5 minute lunch that was actually served pretty hot thanks to the steam-in-a-bag veggies.

I did some work at home before heading to the gym in the later portion of the afternoon. It was packed, but I was still able to grab one of the ‘good’ treadmills to get a run in. I started at 6.5 before moving up to 7.0 and 7.5 for 5-ish minutes at a time. I ended up completing 3 miles ins 26 minutes.

After my run it was time for NROLFW 6B. Today was 4 sets of 4 at a slightly higher weight. I think I’ve just about maxed out on weight for this stage. I was really struggling pushing and pressing 25lb weights over my head. Burn, baby, burn.

Dinner was one of my favorite post-trip meals: roasted vegetables with pasta sauce.

I roasted sweet potato, parsnip, and brussels sprouts at 415 for 30 minutes then topped the mix with marinara sauce, roasted chicken, fresh mozzarella, and basil.

When ever Derek and I are are in our ‘What should we have for dinner? I don’t know – what do you want’ funks, this meal is always his first suggestion. It’s definitely an easy favorite of ours that please both parties.

Good Night!

1 Sneakers2Sandals February 6, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I missed Free Fro Yo!? I feel jipped.

2 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 6, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I love adding microwaved veggies to salads. It’s such a quick and easy way to squeeze in your veggies. And I wish the froyo places by me were celebrating national frozen yogurt day!! I’d love me some free froyo :D

3 Cate February 6, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I wish I had know it was National Frozen Yogurt day! I haven’t had froyo it what seems like forever. Looks like I need to grab some this week!
Cate recently posted..I’m Going to Run a Marathon!

4 Erin February 6, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I am totally bummed I missed frozen yogurt day!! …I guess I will just have to celebrate tomorrow?

5 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 6, 2012 at 10:44 pm

OH no!! I MISSED it?! Bummer. I wish I would’ve known! But glad you could get some!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Healthy Car Trip Food

6 Megan February 6, 2012 at 10:47 pm

I think every day should be National Frozen Yogurt Day! I love cake batter frozen yogurt with sprinkles!
Megan recently posted..Great Harvest Bread…My Long Lost Love!

7 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 6, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I agree about the smaller cups, the “normal” ones are huuuuge! And I had no idea its National Frozen Yogurt day, I’m bummed I missed it.
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Mediterranean Monday

8 Laura @ Backstage Balance February 7, 2012 at 12:32 am

See, my problem with fro-yo is I always feel the need to go for the biggest cup!
Wish that we had Yogurtlands in Wisconsin.
Laura @ Backstage Balance recently posted..It should be called “The Stupid Bowl.”

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 7, 2012 at 7:45 am

You are lucky that you got free fro-yo! None of the local frozen yogurt places by me were doing anything to celebrate yesterday. Boo!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..What Doesn’t Kill You, Makes You Stronger…

10 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 7, 2012 at 8:18 am

That’s awesome there were no restrictions on the yogurt or topping and it was all free! I wish I would have known, I don’t know if we had any local participating shops, but if we had I would have been there! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Ch Ch Ch CHIA

11 Emily February 7, 2012 at 9:07 am

I didn’t make it out for fro-yo yesterday, I am actually pleased with myself for NOT using the fro-yo day as justification. I am really working to tighten up my diet right now!
Emily recently posted..Happy Monday, Post-Football

12 Joss February 7, 2012 at 9:23 am

can’t beat free food :D

13 Nikki February 7, 2012 at 10:12 am

Did you see that Birdsong Barn is featured on Style Me Pretty today? May provide some ideas!

14 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe February 7, 2012 at 11:10 am

HOW did I miss this?! I don’t know if Tutti Frutti had a freebie going, but I totally would have had froyo yesterday (as if I need an excuse…) if I’d known!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Super 5k Race Recap!