Stay Classy Vermont

by Meghann on February 5, 2012

We said good-bye to the beautiful house in Vermont and our amazing group of new friends this morning with one final blow-out meal. We broke out the leftovers and had steak, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and pancakes galore. Everyone contributed and the results were delicious.

One final mountain photo before we bid adieu.

And we’re off.

We made great timing leaving Vermont and making our way back to NYC. 3.5 hours with just one stop for gas and one one-hour nap for the girls.

IMG_6905.JPG IMG_6906.JPG

Because of the late breakfast and odd timing of our trip (1:00pm-4:30pm), lunch became a random nibble fest of leftovers we had in the car. I had an apple

Some of the passed macaroni and cheese (that we ate cold with our hands – super classy)

And we used the left over shredded brussels sprouts from Friday night as a dip for the rest of the chips. Random, but actually pretty tasty. There was also a brownie in there somewhere. 😉

We arrived back in NYC just in time for the Superbowl. I’m not a huge NFL football fan in general (college ball all the way), but I can always appreciate a good Super Bowl game.

I can also appreciate good Super Bowl food. We ordered some extra spicy wings from a local wing place to split. I had two and my lips are still burning from them. These babies were HOT!

IMG_7203.JPG IMG_7207.JPG

And we made a big batch of nachos for the group.

IMG_7217.JPG IMG_7218.jpg

A layer of chips topped with chili, jalapenos, bell peppers, and mushrooms, baked for 10 minutes at 350, and finished off with fresh salsa, non-fat greek yogurt, and guacamole.

It. Was. Epic. Probably the best homemade nachos I’ve had. I think it was the chili. Can’t go wrong with good chili on nachos. 😉

The boys destroyed it.

I can’t tell you what went on in the actual Super Bowl game, but I’ve been super impressed with this year’s line-up of commercials. The Chevy Sonic “Stunt Anthem”, Chevy “Happy Grad”, TaxAct “Free to Pee”, and Budweiser “End of Prohibition” were just a a few of my favorites. What were yours?

And we can’t forget Madonna.

Awesome, awesome, awesome half-time show. It MORE than made up for the lackluster shows of the last couple of years. She kept it classy with her outfit changes, showed off how strong she is with crazy acrobatics (53? She’s 53?!?!?!), and stuck to her best music. Way to go Madonna, way to go. 🙂

Derek and I have a super early flight in the morning. This has been a fun trip, but it’s time to return back to reality. We have a busy couple of weeks coming up – including my 27th birthday on Wednesday (!!!) and my brother’s wedding on the 18th. We also officially booked a wedding venue – but I’ll get to that later.

Good Night!

1 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 5, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Congrats on booking the venue! I was just talking to my brother’s fiance about the venues and dates they are contemplating. So many choices and it’s driving her nuts! That’s a huge check mark 🙂
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Whole wheat sweet potato banana muffins

2 Caroline February 5, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I had chili tonight too, but over noodles, not in nacho form. Either way, chili makes a great Super Bowl food. Congrats on booking your venue!
Caroline recently posted..Half Marathon Training Week 5 Recap

3 Army Amy* February 5, 2012 at 10:23 pm

You booked a venue! Exciting! And what a tease- I want to know what you picked!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Big D Training: T-Minus 10 Weeks

4 Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style February 5, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I really liked the Bud Light Rescue Dog commercial too. The dog was super cute. I loved Madonna’s performance…she was awesome. I liked all of the surprise guests too. Can’t wait to hear more about your wedding venue…that must feel like a huge weight off of your back.
Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style recently posted..Fresh Picks to Follow – Neon Bright

5 Christine @ BookishlyB February 5, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I love homemade nachos but hole-in-the-wall Mexican places are always the best.

Loved the monkey commercials for Career Builder!
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Quitting Before I Start

6 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 5, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I saw an interview with Madonna before the Super Bowl and she is RIPPED! I can’t believe she is 53, go her!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Super Bowl 2012

7 Emily February 6, 2012 at 7:57 am

I agree with you 100% about Madonna. Even my hubs enjoyed that one. However I have seen some negative reviews of her on facebook.
Emily recently posted..Marathon Training: Week 5 in review

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 6, 2012 at 8:24 am

Congrats on booking the venue! Can’t wait to hear where you chose. 🙂 I thought Madonna did great too.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..The Easiest Chicken You Will Ever Make…

9 Cait's Plate February 6, 2012 at 9:51 am

Congrats on booking a venue!! That’s awesome! Can’t wait to hear the details 🙂
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Closest I’ve Come

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 6, 2012 at 10:18 am

I’m glad you had such a great trip, and an exciting month coming up!!!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Let’s Pretend It’s Yesterday…

11 Poptartyogini February 6, 2012 at 10:30 am

It was so fun going on vacation with you! I’m looking forward to your big, fun month and hearing about your venue. Welcome home!
Poptartyogini recently posted..one year ago: blizzard

12 Laura February 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I enjoyed the half-time show, but I thought her acrobatics were cheesy. She should have just stuck to the singing.

My favorite commercials were the Mr Quiggly – Sketchers GO Run and the VW dog that loses weight. I’m a sucker for furry actors. That might be why I am an Alec Baldwin fan as well.
Laura recently posted..Monday Morning Motivation

13 Dana February 6, 2012 at 4:58 pm

My favorite commercial had to be the Oikos Greek Yogurt one with John Stamos! Very funny.

14 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 6, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Madonna was great! I think she looks better than ever.
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..No Nuts Please

15 Joss February 7, 2012 at 7:28 am

mmm those nachos look amazing!
I actually didn’t really enjoy Madonna’s performance – although I’ve never really been a fan 🙁

16 amy February 14, 2012 at 12:20 am

Do you have the recipe for the mac & cheese?