Do these skis make me look fast?

by Meghann on February 4, 2012

Three cheers for the 2012 Stratton Mountain Ski Crew!

From singing in the gondola to speeding down the mountain – this group rocks. Derek and I can’t thank Bo and Ashley enough for inviting us up again – is it to early to reserve out spots for next year? Did we mention how awesome you guys are?! πŸ˜‰

The day started with another casual morning and a pre-ski breakfast of a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese, jam, and granola with a side of apple.

Despite the causal morning approach, we still made much better timing this morning than the morning before. Instead of parking the car at 10, we arrived at 9. Big improvement. All the hardcore skiers were pleased.

IMG_6835.JPG IMG_6836.JPG

As they should be, it was an awesome day for skiing. Seriously.

The conditions were still icy, but the sun was out and the temps were a bit warmer than the day before. The best part was I finally found my ‘ski legs’ again, apparently I just needed a day to warm-up. Yesterday was iffy but there was definitely no holding me back today.

IMG_6843.JPG IMG_6844.jpg

Lunch break.

Friends that eat together, stay together.

Same restaurant, different lunch – Granny Smith Grilled Cheese with Waffle Fries.

This cheesy masterpiece of multigrain bread, cheddar cheese, Granny Smith apples, and bacon was amazing. The server referred to it as the perfect mid-day indulgence and she was spot on. It was rich and decadent, but small enough to be just right. I need to make this at home.

The waffle fries were worth repeating again today. I’m not sure what it is, but waffle fries are 10 times better than regular fries. No question.

The afternoon was when the real fun began.

We all wanted to stick together for at least one run this weekend.

And we learned that you can fit 10 people in a gondola. Good to know.

IMG_6870.JPG IMG_6871.JPG IMG_6872.JPG IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6874.jpg IMG_6875.jpg

Don’t let Ashley fool you – she’s a skiing rockstar. Watch out! πŸ˜‰

I stayed out late with the big boys and felt comfortable enough to hit a couple double black diamond trails. The day went way too fast – I felt like I was just getting started! It’s always great to end ski trips on a high note – I’m already looking forward to next year. :)

It was worth it to get off the mountain and change out of my ski boots and indulge in some free hot chocolate

Gotta love a mountain that hands out free hot chocolate at the end of the day!

And free marshmallows!

They had a fire pit going in the village with free marshmallows and sticks for roasting. I think I like Stratton more and more. πŸ˜‰

IMG_6893.JPG IMG_6892.JPG

Another successful day of skiing. It’s sad that’s our last one of the season. *sniff*

Until next year Stratton! It was fun using you while it lasted.

1 Caroline February 4, 2012 at 7:04 pm

This is awesome that they give our hot chocolate and have a fire pit to roast marshmallows. Very cool:) It looks like the perfect day to spend in the mountains!
Caroline recently posted..My First 6 Mile Run!

2 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 4, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Great first pic! Nothing caps off a great day skiing than roasting marshmallows and hot cocoa! I love the smell of a campfire!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..How To Win Back Cooper

3 Christina @ Heels and Meals February 4, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I have never skied .. always too chicken but it looks like yall had a blast!

Those marshmallows look delicious!
Christina @ Heels and Meals recently posted..Movie Date Night – February 3

4 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 4, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Hot chocolate is the best after a long day of skiing :). I’m glad you had a great time on your ski trip!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Date Night {Chicago q}

5 Kathy February 4, 2012 at 8:39 pm

A couple of Black Diamond runs???

The thought of it makes me scared. Way to go girl!
Kathy recently posted..One Week!

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 4, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I’m kinda jealous that you ski more often than I do and I live in NY while you live in FL! Looks like an awesome day :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..11 Randoms

7 Joss February 4, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I would go just for those marshmallows πŸ˜€

I had a grilled cheese today…would never think to add apple slices and bacon. Such a fun combo!

8 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs February 4, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Ooooh your lunch looks delicious! As do the marshmallows!
Sounds like a great day!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Friday!

9 Christie February 4, 2012 at 10:33 pm

What a fun trip! And what a pro skiier you are!! :)
Christie recently posted..A farmers’ market kind of morning.

10 Courtney February 4, 2012 at 11:36 pm

The trick is ALMOST charring the mallows! πŸ˜‰ That’s so badass they handed them out at the end of the day! Stratton sounds like my kind of mountain. Except, I board. πŸ˜€
Courtney recently posted..Why I Joined the Military

11 Kristen February 5, 2012 at 3:45 am

Looks like so much fun! Isn’t it a crazy year for snow?!? I haven’t been on my snowboard once this year and am hoping we get some good snow before I head up to Tahoe (in CA) in a few weeks.
Kristen recently posted..SF SPCA visit to finish up #33

12 Jamie @ Don't Forget the Cinnamon February 5, 2012 at 7:14 am

Sounds like such a great day!! I’ve never been to Stratton before but it looks like a nice mountain! Also, apple really is the best addition to grilled cheese. In fact, I just posted a grilled cheese recipe featuring apples and Vermont cheese!
Jamie @ Don’t Forget the Cinnamon recently posted..The importance of rest days

13 Life's a Bowl February 5, 2012 at 7:49 am

Ski trips are always so fun! My family and I used to go twice a year when I was younger [my dad was a fanatic] and I always had a blast in ski school/ meeting people when I got older πŸ˜€ I’ve only skied on the east coast once but if you ever get a chance, y’all should check out Colorado and Montana!!!
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Extremely & Incredibly

14 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats February 5, 2012 at 10:53 am

I’m glad you had a better day of skiing today, and I agree, waffle fries are somehow always better!
Katie @ Peace Love and Oats recently posted..Pinning Party

15 Cm @ Lazy Healthy February 5, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I’ll take those mac and cheese leftovers please :p
Cm @ Lazy Healthy recently posted..Football-Shaped Cookies

16 Susie February 5, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Great pics

Ahh I’ve not been skiing for a couple years now a miss it so much one of the best holidays you can have everyone is so relaxed and chilled out
Susie recently posted..BBW Dating Site

17 melissa February 6, 2012 at 11:08 am

So sad I missed this! I love smores! It was great seeing you while I did!
melissa recently posted..From Waffles to Pancakes

18 Alaina February 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

That fire pit is awesome! I want one in my back yard. :-)

That sandwich looks amazing! I am so replicating that at home too.