more ยป" />

Boys in the kitchen

by Meghann on February 4, 2012

THIS is why I love coming up here.

Skiing is great and all, but really the best part about any ski trip is the downtime after you come off the mountain. Chilling by the fire, cooking with friends, and just enjoying your time away from the city – THIS is what makes the trip worth it.

Bo is an amazing cook and loves to take charge of the food situation every year. More power to him. It’s fun to have the boys take charge of the kitchen, while the girls sit back and drink wine.

IMG_6992.JPG IMG_7000.JPG

IMG_7005.JPG IMG_7014.JPG

Cheese and crackers and salsa and dip were served to nibble on while the food was prepared. I had three or four cheese and crackers, as well as a big glass of cab and a Magic 9 beer. This light weight was feeling just right.

What you don’t hear is the awesome 90s themed local radio station we found and the all out karaokee and dance party that came with it. You know you’re with friends when you can start belting the words to Alantis Morissette without a care in the world, and you’re not alone in doing so.

Standing on the counter tops? Totally normal.

Steak, salad, potatoes, and last year’s famous brussels sprouts. A feast fit for a king or queen.

IMG_7029.JPG IMG_7032.JPG

Ice Cream!

A sampling of Vermont’s finest.

I had a bit of each (minus the sorbet) and I have to say my favorite was surprisingly the Cinnabon. There were chunks of cinnamon cinnabon dough that really popped.

The clean-up crew. Boys cook, girls clean. Fair enough.

IMG_7040.JPG IMG_7042.JPG

Not going to lie. I was the first one asleep. I crashed on the couch with my ipad in my lap and people talking around me. Party. Animal.

Now I’m ready for round 2 on the mountain. It snowed a little last night. Cross your fingers it stuck!

1 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 4, 2012 at 8:22 am

Looks like such a fun trip Meghann, I am glad you are enjoying it! What a great group of guys you have to make you all dinner too! ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the ice cream tasting idea, and that Cinnabon kind sounds amazing! I would rather try a bite of everything than one bowl of just one, so sampling is right up my alley!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Go Lean

2 Kathy February 4, 2012 at 8:31 am

What a fun time! All of you look so cute in your jammies by the fire ready to clean up…looks like a great group of friends.
Kathy recently posted..Tagged…and 11 Randoms!

3 Cait's Plate February 4, 2012 at 8:54 am

Looks like such a blast. Also – HOW good is Late Night Snack!? LOVE that stuff!

And yeah, fireplaces are pretty much the best thing on earth ๐Ÿ™‚
Cait’s Plate recently posted..Honey Whole Wheat Bread

4 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 4, 2012 at 9:23 am

I totally agree, the skiing is fun but it’s the time in the cabin that’s the best! Glad you’re enjoying your trip!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Chipotle Re-Make

5 Megan February 4, 2012 at 9:39 am

Now that looks like an incredible evening! Doesn’t get any better than that!
Megan recently posted..Friday Poll Day: Favorite Childhood Candy

6 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City February 4, 2012 at 9:43 am

Looks like a great time, I hope you have fun skiing today.

Ben & Jerrys is so good and their flavors are so creative. My boyfriend picked up the Pumpkin Cheesecake flavor the other day and I’ve literally had to tie my hands behind my back so I don’t devour the pint in one sitting!
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Date Night {Chicago q}

7 Sneakers2Sandals February 4, 2012 at 9:43 am

You love your cinnamon! You’re making me wanna fly up north like yesterday ๐Ÿ™‚
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..Breakfast in Bed

8 kate February 4, 2012 at 10:47 am

so jealous of your trip! it looks amazing. I love going to vermont!

and cinnabon ben and jerry’s is hands down the best flavor they make!
kate recently posted..I DID A HEADSTAND!!!!!!!!

9 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

Oohh, I want some of that ice cream! Looks like such a great time with friends!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Chewy Lemon Cookies

10 Phyllin' Phat February 4, 2012 at 11:24 am

Chilli yesterday, Cheese board today….I’m so extremely jealous right now. *arghh*
Phyllin’ Phat recently posted..Birthday Greys

11 corey @ learning patience February 4, 2012 at 11:26 am

Have fun on the hill today…hope the snow was awesome!
xoxo from Trinidad
corey @ learning patience recently posted..A New PR – Must Have Been the Marshmallows!

12 Olivia February 4, 2012 at 11:35 am

Oh man I think Cinnamon Buns would be amazing – but Chubby Hubby is like, my favourite ice cream ever! (My dad loved it, so I love it!)

It’s funny too cause my parents went to the factory on their honeymoon – so my dad was already on his way to becoming a “Chubby Hubby”. haha
Olivia recently posted..Amazing Subway Bfast

13 Army Amy* February 4, 2012 at 11:41 am

I love when other people take over the cooking duties! I hope y’all get some good ski time in today!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Blah Run

14 Maureen February 4, 2012 at 11:51 am

What a fun trip! I too am a lightweight and would have been the 1st one asleep!
Maureen recently posted..Suck My Detox

15 Cara February 4, 2012 at 1:42 pm

That looks like such a fun trip! Nothing better than good friends, food, wine, and ice cream ๐Ÿ™‚

16 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama February 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Although skiing and riding are fun, it’s the after mountain experience that is what makes the trip. Enjoy your day on the slopes!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..How To Win Back Cooper

17 Joss February 4, 2012 at 3:09 pm

mmm looks like an icecream buffet! I’m jealous!

18 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife February 4, 2012 at 3:28 pm

OH so fun!! I love fires and nice dinners while out skiing too. Have a blast!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Squat Jumps

19 Leslie February 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Do you have spellcheck on your Mac? I am done with this blog. I’m tired of the lack of effort to even the most basic writing,spelling and grammar.

Alanis Morissette
Brussel sprouts

“Last years famous brussels sprouts” ??? Are you eating year old food?

20 Meghann February 4, 2012 at 6:22 pm

It is brussels sprouts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brussels_sprout and I’ll admit that Alanis Morissette did have an extra ‘r’ to it. I corrected the error. ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Courtney February 4, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I’m so jealous of your vacation! Ahhh, it’s hot here in Texas! I can’t imagine being next to a fire.
Courtney recently posted..Slap Your Brains Out

22 Courtney February 4, 2012 at 3:41 pm

P.S. Leslie! Maybe when your blog becomes half as successful as hers, you too, can type brussels instead of brussel. Some people are too busy living, not Spell Checking. If you don’t like it, read elsewhere! I’m sure Dictionary.com would suit your senses fantastically.
Courtney recently posted..Slap Your Brains Out

23 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 4, 2012 at 4:10 pm

So gorgeous! I love the ice cream sampling!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..wanting to help

24 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs February 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Sounds like such a fun time! Hope you’re having a great weekend!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Friday!

25 Caroline February 4, 2012 at 5:40 pm

This house looks so cozy, and that fire looks amazing! Space heaters don’t have nearly the ambiance of fires. It looks like the trip is fun so far!
Caroline recently posted..Sometimes We Get Extra Work Outs