Venue Shopping Round II

by Meghann on January 21, 2012

Some girls fall in love with multiple dresses, I fall in love with venues.

How could I not? Look at this place! My heart skipped a beat as soon as I walked on property.

Swoon.

Ok. Ok. I’m being a little melodramatic, BUT let me explain.

When I first started researching venues, I knew I wanted a ‘rustic barn setting in the middle of nowhere.’ Romantic, right? I found a few here and there, but then I came across Cross Creek Ranch outside of Tampa. (Check out the photos I found here, here, and here. Actually just google ‘Cross Creek Ranch Wedding Photos ‘ and prepare to drool.)

It was love at first google search. I called them immediately to set up an appointment to see the property the following weekend. I already had the appointment scheduled when my Mom introduced me to Birdsong Barn earlier in the week, which I also drooled over thanks to the location, price, and the many other possibilities that came with it. I fell in love with Birdsong Barn too, but I wasn’t ready to give up on Cross Creek Ranch.

So I kept the appointment and this morning Derek and I met his parents, my parents, and my sister at the Cracker Barrel near the ranch for breakfast.

I tried the sweet potato pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon.

The pancakes tasted like cake. They were moist and a tad too sweet for my liking, I’m not sure I would order them again.

It was fun having the whole group together to see the venue. Both my parents have seen Birdsong, so they had something to compare it to.

We met with the on-site planner (Hi Emilee!) just after 11:00 to take a tour of the property.

All I can say, is wow!

It’s amazing how similar, yet how very different the two venues are. Both are gorgeous rustic barn settings, but Birdsong is very DIY with bringing everything together, while Cross Creek is all inclusive. From catering to flowers to DJ to day of set up – they do it all.

There’s a man cave for the groom and his groomsman to get ready.

IMG_5947.JPG IMG_5948.JPG

A bridal suite for the bride and her bridal party.

Since people were asking about the restrooms for the last venue, I would like to put your minds at ease – there are fully functioning toilets on property. (There was at the last place too. ;) )

Place for smores. Very important. Obviously.

Games.

Bar. Also very important. Naturally.

They provide the bartender, you provide the alcohol. ;)

Swoon. Even the table settings for this stranger’s wedding won me over. Burlap runners over navy tablecloths? Yes, please. ;)

And that’s not all.

January in Florida is tricky. There’s the possibility of gorgeous weather (like we had today) with unseasonable highs in the low 80s (who ever was married today was one lucky, lucky girl) or there’s the possibility of freezing temps in the 20s (like we had for the Disney Marathon in 2010brrrr). You just never know how it’s going to pan out and my main concern for the other location is the element of weather. If we did luck out with great weather, it would be awesome, but if it’s freezing? Even with heaters, there’s no way to hide from the elements. And rain? not sure.

At Cross Creek they’re able to cover the exposed parts of the barn with vinyl siding to protect the guests from the weather, as well as setting up multiple heaters. There’s also the option of having the ceremony in the barn if the rain cancels out the tree location (though Emilee swears they’ve only had to do this 3 or 4 times in the 7 years they’ve been doing weddings and all of those were during the rainy season).

Each venue has a long list of pros and cons that Derek and I need to go over before making a final decision. Budget is a main concern. Though Cross Creek seems reasonable, we need to get a final estimate and review any hidden costs before moving forward. We plan to set up an appointment with the owner in the coming week to vet out numbers and see where we might stand.

I’ve already started doing a similar price sheet for Birdsong. I’m pretty sure Birdsong will win in the money department (the numbers are already in their favor), but we also need to factor in the price of our sanity. Cross Creek would handle everything and provide an on-site coordinator for the day of the wedding, while we would be in charge of our own set up and breakdown at Birdsong. That’s actually something Derek isn’t a big fan of. He said he wants to enjoy the day, not worry during it – a statement I tend to agree with.

The good news is that we have two very unique venues that we both love. Both have great reviews and both fit our visions for our wedding. The hard part is just picking one that fits for us. :)

We said good-bye to my parents and sister, as Dereks’ parents and us headed to Universal’s Island of Adventures for the rest of the afternoon. We gave his parents tickets for Christmas with the stipulation that they had to go with us before our annual passes expired in April.

IMG_5988.jpg

Derek’s parents had never been to Island of Adventures, so it was fun introducing them to all of our favorite rides, while sharing a few tips and tricks (like single rider lines).

It was really the perfect day to visit the parks. The slight overcast meant it wasn’t crazy hot and the random January weekend meant there were no crowds. We pretty much walked right on to most rides – no tips or tricks needed.

I had a piece of pizza right when we made it on property.

And a package of dole dried fruit that I found in my bag (I was hungry today!).

Derek’s mom was really interested in seeing where my brother proposed to his fiance. It’s usually a terribly long line (I’ve seen it get up to 3 hours!), but we lucked out with a 25 minute wait. However, it just wasn’t the same watching the whole show without interruption – I kept waiting for someone to pop out and propose!

We left Universal and headed to my favorite Orlando sushi spot, Dragonfly for dinner.

I had a glass of cab.

IMG_6011.jpg

And the table split a variety of eats.

IMG_6012.JPG IMG_6016.JPG IMG_6026.JPG IMG_6027.JPG IMG_6029.JPG IMG_6030.JPG

We ended the evening with birthday tiramisu for Derek’s Dad.

IMG_5307.jpg

Happy Birthday, Steve!

Man, what a day! Derek and I passed out in the backseat on the ride home and he’s still sleeping on the couch. I think I’m going to catch some Zzzs too.

Good Night!

1 theswanin.me January 22, 2012 at 12:30 am

Beautiful!!

2 MrsSwan January 22, 2012 at 12:42 am

Awwww man! I was hoping the website would have prices put up. The church my sister is set to get married it doesn’t allow dancing and she is bummed. I wanted to point out what places that allow dancing cost and to be happy with FREE LOL

3 Krystina (Organically Me) January 22, 2012 at 1:15 am

That venue is beautiful! I like it much, much more than the first one.

4 Emily January 22, 2012 at 2:07 am

I love the 2nd one too!!! And derek is right, you dont want to have to worry about setting up and taking down, and I’m sure your family will thankyou too.. And the thought of an actual wedding planner for the day is amazing! I paid 900 for just day of!
You dont want to look back and be like, wow our wedding was great but it sure was a lot of work:)
Just my opinion, im sure which ever one you choose will be wonderful!
Happy planning!!

5 Allie January 22, 2012 at 2:58 am

What a pretty venue!!
In my other life, I am an event planner, and have planned many weddings. My main advice for you is to remember that you want to have fun and enjoy your wedding! It you aren’t planning on hiring a wedding planner you have to think about the zillion different things you will have to do the day before, the day of and the day after your wedding (and, trust me, there are so many little details that go into making the day run smoothly!). If the budgets don’t work out terribly differently, I definitely recommend the “all-inclusive” venue simply because it will put your mind at ease :)
Can’t wait to hear more about your planning!

6 Meg January 22, 2012 at 4:47 am

Derek is definitely right–you do not want to worry about those details on your day. We had to choose between two similar venues, and we went with the all-inclusive one. Wow. It was so worth every penny to not have to do a single thing except the fun stuff (centerpieces, etc). I highly recommend giving it serious consideration!

7 Meghan January 22, 2012 at 4:48 am

The best decision I ever made for my wedding was going with a venue that did all the work for me and had a coordinator on site. If you go with the one without, I suggest hiring a wedding coordinator, even if it is just a day of coordinator. With all the events I have run for my job it was nice to be able to relax and enjoy the day with my girls and husband and not fret about the small stuff (though we ran into some obstacles later in the day). Love the rustic venues too, makes me want to get married again!

8 Katie @ Peace Love and Oats January 22, 2012 at 7:10 am

I’d have to agree with Derek on not worrying about anything on your wedding day. And remember, cost-wise for the first place you’d have to hire people like bartenders.

9 Liz January 22, 2012 at 7:16 am

That venue is absolutely gorgeous. If I were to chose for you, (ya, like that would happen) I’d chose this one with no hesitation. Since I’ve never planned a wedding, I’m surprised at how quickly you are jumping right into all this. Is this how most wedding planning goes? Never even a few months to just enjoy being engaged?

10 Meghann January 22, 2012 at 10:52 am

I’m jumping quickly because I want a certain date and since I want a certain date, I need to nail the venue down. My sister had lots of problems finding a venue because she waited too long and everything was booked. As soon as I got engaged she told me to learn from her mistakes and find a venue sooner rather than later. You’d be surprised how quickly things book up!

11 Erica January 22, 2012 at 7:51 am

This venue looks gorgeous! As you said, you can’t forget to factor in the price of your sanity. Sometimes it’s definitely worth paying a little more for less stress!

12 Elizabeth January 22, 2012 at 8:00 am

What a fun fun day!! I went venue shopping as well!

13 Jodi @ Jodeexi Writes January 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

Wow they are both gorgeous! I agree with Derek though…wouldn’t want to worry about set up and break down!

14 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 22, 2012 at 8:15 am

That place is gorgeous! I’ve been to both types of weddings (all inclusive vs. do it yourself) and not to scare you off, but the do-it-yourself place ended up being a headache and a half for the bride, the bridal party and the immediate family who ended up dealing with problems all night long instead of enjoying themselves. If it’s in the budget, it seems like the extra money is worth your sanity!

15 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 22, 2012 at 8:28 am

I love love love this new venue. And I totally agree with what Derek says – I wouldn’t have wanted to worry about anything the day of either. We didn’t have a wedding coordinator, but my husband’s amazingly awesome aunt took over the rehearsal dinner and day of when I asked her to months before. She lives for that sort of thing. It made everything so much less stressful and we were able to have a ball!

16 Amelia January 22, 2012 at 8:29 am

I love the venue! It is completely worth it to hire out for *almost* every part of your wedding day. Not having to set up/ breakdown is a huge stress relief for everyone and allows your whole family to enjoy the day. Kevin and I hired out for everything and our wedding was stress free. Negotiate, negotiate! We saved up for our wedding, so when the time came to pay vendors, they were willing to negotiate for less (a few hundred dollars less!) if we payed in cash. MAJOR savings!

On another note, Kevin’s brother and his bride to be tried to save $ by using a family/friend related venue as well as have myself and my brother in law (both chefs) cater the day of, PLUS be in the wedding! Let’s just say that we ALL look back and talk about how stressful/ rushed/ and disorganized the whole day was. Not to mention, they really didn’t end up saving much $ (or sanity)! I even told his sister, who recently got engaged, that I hope she chooses to hire out because I won’t be doing that again!

17 Kathy January 22, 2012 at 8:32 am

I would think the pros and cons could go on and on…but, it really looks beautiful,wonderful, lovely….etc…and bathrooms too!!!

What a fun day!

18 Hillary January 22, 2012 at 8:44 am

Oh, that TREE. I would get married at the venue you saw yesterday just for that!

19 Amanda January 22, 2012 at 8:49 am

From someone who is getting married in November and went through the same dilemma with venues (i.e., one had an on-site coordinator and everything was handled, the other was a bit more DIY with no real coordinator and we loved it the most), think of how you can make your life less stressful! I am suuuper type A and the thought of going with the DIY place stressed me out. Since it was a pretty big cost savings, my parents suggested we get a day-of wedding coordinator. I was able to find one for about $450 (don’t need her help for the ceremony) and she is able to follow up/coordinate all of our vendors, set everything up, keep our timeline on track, etc. Think about whether adding a coordinator to your cheaper option will be a worthwhile idea!!

20 janene January 22, 2012 at 8:56 am

We went with an “all-inclusive” type of venue – they did the catering, alcohol, bartending, and helped a TON with decorating on the day of, and i LOVED a) not having to find catering, figure out buying alcohol myself, etc. and b) not having to worry about any of that on the day of. If you can swing it, do the more all-inclusive, I’d say. Of course, the venue we picked also happened to be PERFECT for us anyway, but still – the less hassle, the better! :)

Also, I LOVED A Practical Wedding / Reclaiming Wife when I was wedding planning. My Dad passed away 5 months before our wedding – obviously that really affected the planning process, not to mention the rest of my life as I know it. I was never super crazy picky about details, but all of the sudden, colors and tablecloths and napkins really meant nothing to me and I got really overwhelmed and frankly disgusted by the Knot and other websites that seemed to focus on selling you stuff – APW & RW focuses on REAL issues with marriage and it was a welcome alternative to the commercialized side of the wedding world.

I’m not that the Knot is all bad – but especially once I knew what I wanted, APW helped me a lot in preparing to enter a MARRIAGE, not just a wedding. Now, I pass it along to everyone I know who’s gettin’ hitched! I’m jealous, I wanna do it all over again! :)

21 Meghann January 22, 2012 at 10:49 am

I downloaded the A Practical Wedding book last week and have really been enjoying it. She has a great realistic approach to the wedding and great reminders that it is about the marriage, not about the wedding. :)

22 Eliza January 22, 2012 at 8:57 am

We decided to go with a place where we had to bring in everything (tent, tables, chairs, toilets, literally- everything) because it held a lot of meaning for us and was just what we were looking for.
We started planning early, and my mother’s wedding gift to us was a Day-of-Coordinator. Our DOC has been a huge help so far- she goes way beyond the typical DOC role and is currently calling my tent rental company for me because I couldn’t get a quick response from them.

So basically, the “bring everything in” option is doable- it does require a lot of work- spreadsheets, price comparisons, and organization are really important, but we are happy with how things are going so far. Having someone there the day of to set everything up and make sure things go smoothly has eased any concerns I have. As for cleanup, we are at a summer camp where most of our guests are spending the night in cabins, so we’ll have plenty of help cleaning up the day after the wedding. I realize this isn’t an option at a venue where people leave after the party is over, so if you go in the direction of DIY, consider hiring someone (even just paying some cousins or something) to clean up after.

23 Anne P January 22, 2012 at 8:58 am

Omg… that venue is so stunning! And I’m with everyone else – think carefully about how stressful it would be to do everything yourself. I’ve been shocked at how much time and planning goes into a wedding – and that’s me planning this WITH the help of a wedding coordinator! Seriously, save yourself the stress (as long as the price is reasonable)!

24 Kat January 22, 2012 at 9:04 am

Soooo much prettier than the first one!

25 diana@mymarblerye January 22, 2012 at 9:31 am

wedding coordinator all the way. on my wedding day I didn’t do anything. she was there making sure the cake was set up, flowers delivered, etc! All I did was walk around central park, eat a huge gyro, and show up

26 Sara@RunningInPinkProject January 22, 2012 at 9:32 am

Id never read your brothers proposal story. That is so precious!! Also, those might be the cutest little “out house” style bathrooms Ive ever seen!

27 CaitlinHTP January 22, 2012 at 9:32 am

Money not withstanding, I vote place #2… its a lot prettier than the first one AND all inclusive is soooo nice.

28 sarah January 22, 2012 at 9:50 am

oh i love that venue! So rustic and pretty! A smores area didnt hurt ;) oh annndddd the ceremony site is SO pretty!

29 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 22, 2012 at 10:17 am

Like a lot of others have mentioned, the best thing I did for my wedding was paying a little extra to have the ceremony & reception at a hotel — it included a wedding co-ordinator who took care of EVERYTHING. We dropped off any decor we wanted added to what they already provided ( like favors, centerpieces, etc) the day before the wedding, and they took care of putting it all out. The wedding co-ordinator was available to me at any time, and all day on our wedding day — she came to see me multiple times while I was getting ready to make sure I was ok, and to tell me that everything was on track, etc. She came to get me when it was time to start the ceremony, and told everyone when it was their time to walk down the aisle. At the end of the night, all of our decor and leftover cake was boxed up for us so all we had to do was pick it up on our way out. So nice to not have to worry about any of the little things!
If the price of the all inclusive ends up being do-able, I think it is worth it for the peace of mind it brings. Your main concern for the day should be enjoying every minute, which is a whole lot easier when you don’t have to worry about details. That being said, both venues are absolutely gorgeous!

30 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 22, 2012 at 10:22 am

Oh my goodness, I love seeing the pics of Dragonfly!! When I went to UF in Gainesville for college/grad school, Dragonfly was my absolute favorite place! I knew that they had opened one in Orlando, but I had never seen it before! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

31 Melissa @TryingtoHeal January 22, 2012 at 10:34 am

I think you’re about to have my dream venue! I want to get married there!

32 Kath January 22, 2012 at 10:39 am

Love the venue – and the burlap!

33 Abby January 22, 2012 at 11:17 am

If you can swing it, go with the all inclusive. We’re planning our feb 25th 2012 wedding, to be held at my parents house, and thank goodness our caterer handles all the tent rental/tables/linens/dishes…lighting.. all that jazz. Seriously, (at this point) if we had to do that I would have gone insane long ago. Have the pros do it!

34 Katie @ Healthy Heddleston January 22, 2012 at 11:25 am

I’m sure a lot of former brides will agree, but if you can swing the all inclusive budget wise, then it’s so much easier on everyone! I’ve been a part of the set-up and clean-up committee during family members weddings and it just doesn’t allow you to enjoy the night as well — you’re looking for things throughout the night to fix and then hoping everyone will leave at a good hour so you’re not up all night. My wedding had the caterers as part of the venue and the venue set everything up for you (along with the florist), and it’s just so much easier because they are responsible for clean up as well.

35 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life January 22, 2012 at 11:26 am

My advice (from someone who is 83 days away from her DIY “lets get married in a field in the middle of nowhere” wedding) go with the all inclusive!! It will be so worth it in the end to not have to worry about anything! And little costs of DIY stuff add up and can set you over budget VERY quickly!! And paying a little more upfront will be so worth it in the end, trust me!

If I could do it over I would find the perfect venue and pay the all inclusive!

PS. The second place is GORGEOUS!!

36 sara January 22, 2012 at 11:30 am

So beautiful! My vote’s on this venue :) Having everything coordinated in house is SO much less stressful! That’s how it was for my wedding. I saved money in other places – made my own invites, menus, programs and place cards. Assuming it’s not a ton more money, you’ll be so glad on the day when all you have to worry about is whether your hair style will fall out. If the venue package includes something you don’t want you can remove the option and get money off. Good Luck! Enjoy every minute :)

37 Nicole January 22, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I have to agree with other commenters that I’ve seen this morning and vote 100% with the all inclusive. You will rest easier and have a wonderful day if you know that everything is already taken care of for you.

Whatever you chose it’ll be a wonderful day!

38 Alliso K January 22, 2012 at 12:01 pm

If your budget allows it, go with the place that allows you to not have to worry about anything on your wedding day. Or, look into the cost of having someone else do those things at the alternate venue. I loved not having to worry about any of that on the day, and while the bride might not be involved, her loved ones are. I’ve been part of DIY weddings, that were absolute nightmares, because the bride has been whisked off to enjoy her day (And rightfully so) leaving woefully underprepared family and friends to try to create her vision.

39 The Many Thoughts of a Reader January 22, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I like the pictures from the second place more. We got married outside and had everything taken care of and it was worth every single penny. No worrries at all.

40 Jane January 22, 2012 at 12:17 pm

The venue is beautiful! It’s probably worth it to pay the extra for the place being able to do everything, as long as you can afford it. I’m getting married in March and a lot of the stuff I was excited about doing at the beginning, I’m SO glad that the venue will just deal with for me now (I had been planning to just opt out and do some things on my own.) even with the coordinator there and the hotel handling most things, the planning takes SO MUCH TIME! usually fun, just hard to do while also working.

41 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 22, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Wow, that venue is gorgeous! Definitely something I would love if I was getting married. I have no experience with weddings / planning weddings, and even though I’m the cheapest person in the world, I think paying someone to set everything up would DEFINITELY be worth it.

42 Colleen January 22, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Love this. As everyone mentioned, remember that on your wedding day and the week and day after you don’t want to spend it setting up and tearing down everything.

43 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 22, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I love the bathrooms. So cute! Take it from someone who has been there…let everyone else take care of the set up. It’s better for your sanity!!

44 mari January 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm

#2 is so much more polished and more of what I.think you pictured! It will be worth every penny! Must be hard to make the desicion so quickly but follow your gut!

45 Amy January 22, 2012 at 1:21 pm

This place looks really pretty!

As someone who was somewhat recently engaged (married 2.5 years) I would suggest that you not underestimate what Derek said — about wanting to enjoy the day rather than be stressed and worried trying to bring all the elements together yourself. Planning a wedding can quickly get very overwhelming, and having an all-inclusive venue may very well save your sanity AND help you to feel more prepared for your marriage on your wedding day vs. panicking over all the details.

The weather is another thing — if you don’t want to spend the next year worried about what the weather will be on one weekend next winter, I would strongly encourage you to go with this place. It sounds like they have a good game plan for the just-in-case moments, which (again) will save your sanity because it means one less thing to worry about!

At any rate, it looks like no matter where you choose to get married, you’ll have a lovely wedding! Enjoy the planning — but don’t let it take over your life. Trust me. :)

46 dana January 22, 2012 at 2:23 pm

OMG, OMG I am OBSESSED with this place!! It gets my vote!
I got married in September and we went with a venue that we loved (rustic like you!), but we were responsible for bringing alcohol, setting up chairs & tables, and taking care of the breakdown. We hired a day-of-coordinator and it was the best money we spent!! She was so helpful and inexpensive! As for the weather, the barn didn’t have AC and it had to be 90 degrees. There was nothing we could do and we still had fun! GOOD LUCK deciding!

Because i always thought it was fun to see what other ppl did, you can see our wedding photos here…http://danaandcharlie.tpozphoto.com/#/home/ by going to WEDDING at the top and choosing from the galleries.

47 Meghann January 22, 2012 at 2:32 pm

WOW!!! I just looked at your photos and your wedding was GORGEOUS!!!!! Actually, looking at your photos somehow makes me love the one I saw yesterday even more! eeekkkkk :)

48 dana January 22, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Thank you!! It will be an amazing day…no matter what you decide!

49 Heather January 22, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Oooooo…I LOVE this venue! The peace of kind of not having to coordinate every little thing might be worth it!

50 Cait's Plate January 22, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Ah the s’mores area is awesome!!

51 Heather January 22, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I VERY much agree about not having to set up or take down anything. insane! You are going to have plenty enough to do without having to worry about that! I say its totally work the extra money to have people in charge of your wedding to make it more stress free for you!

52 Hilary January 22, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Sounds like such a fun day and what a gorgeous venue…tough choice!

53 emily January 22, 2012 at 4:21 pm

The second venue is definitely ALSO beautiful. Make sure to give the price of your sanity a hefty weight because not having to worry about it is going to be really important come the week before up to that day!

54 Mattie @ Comfy and Confident January 22, 2012 at 6:01 pm

OH MY GAWD… I love that venue. I want it. I have always wanted to get married under a weeping willow. I am in love.

55 Brittany January 22, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I love this venue. It’s so fun to see your wedding venue shopping experiences because Isaac and I are doing the exact same thing! We’ve looked at 4 and the one we toured yesterday seemed perfect. I’m just wondering if we should look at more…

56 chris January 22, 2012 at 9:06 pm

i am with derek 100% on this one – it is no fun breaking down after a wedding! you will be exhausted and also on cloud 9 and cleaning up is not the way you are gonna want to spend the remainder of your wedding night – and i don’t even mean what you prob think i mean. my hubby and i were wayy to exhausted to even think of sex that night, but that was bc we partied with friends and fam til 430a! we had a feeling that was going to happen and had a really nice “time” the morning of the wedding – totally a good plan!
anyway, if your budget allows, def go for a place that is less work. these puppies are enough stress and work as is, anything you can do to reduce that is a good plan!

57 Nichole @ NewlywedNichole January 22, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Well, I have to say I am totally biased here because we DID get hitched at CCR in April 2011 (My wedding is the Style Me Pretty yellow/grey one you linked on this post!) and after (almost) 10 months, I am still not over our big day! I wanted something rustic, different and enchanting. Man, I could seriously talk about this place all day long. If you want to ask any more questions, PLEASE feel free to email me! And happy wedding planning in general, I def was like you and swooned over venues/wedding sites instead of dresses, lol.

58 erica January 23, 2012 at 3:24 am

place for smores?!?! that would have been the decision maker right there for me! lol.

59 Life's a Bowl January 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Beautiful venue options! It’s one of my goals this week to [re]start looking into potential venue sites- we started in the fall and fell in love with one but it’s probs out of our budget so we need to explore our other options… P.S. The little yellow cottage restrooms are adorable! Gotta admit, I’d wanna pose in front of one- weird? Eh, but you could always put it in your bathroom :P

60 Gwen January 23, 2012 at 12:54 pm

LOVE this venue. And you can bring your own liquor?! OMG that is genius.

61 Cat Melnyk January 23, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Those venues are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

62 Shari January 24, 2012 at 10:24 am

I am very jealous right now! Both of those venues are gorgeous! I hope I can find something as beautiful

63 Amanda February 21, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Thanks to the wonders of the internet .. I googled “Cross Creek” and came across your website. It has me leaning towards this venue after your review.

In an interesting twist, I also now want to check out BirdSong. I was born and raised here in Tampa, but grew up spending my summers at my grandma’s in Titusville. Small world.