Jessica and Ryan say ‘I Do’

by Meghann on January 15, 2012

Last night I had the honor of attending the wedding of two of the cutest and loving people that I know.

I met Jessica years ago when she was a freshmen in high school and was dating one of my friends who was a senior at a time. I’ve watched her grow and blossom from a young girl to an amazing woman and have been lucky enough to remain her friend along the way. When she met Ryan a couple of years ago there was a spark there that was obvious to anyone who met the two of them. She found her soulmate and last night was a celebration of the love and life they share now and for the rest of their lives.

Congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. Wuller! πŸ™‚

Jessica and Ryan said ‘I Do’ at the Historic Dubsdread Courtyard and Ballroom in Orlando. The venue was rustic and gorgeous and the perfect size for their 100 or so guests.

Not only is Jessica an incredible, beautiful, and loving person, but she’s also super talented. She designed and printed all of the little wedding details, including her wedding invitations and programs.

I love all the little details that went into her wedding. Details that I’m probably only noticing now that I’ve started planning my own wedding. The rose petals outlining the aisle was a particular gorgeous touch.

IMG_5361.jpg IMG_5362.JPG

Her bridesmaids were gorgeous in Alfred Angelo dresses that flattered all of their body types and small bouquets of purple flowers that worked beautifully into her purple floral theme.

IMG_5314.jpg IMG_5315.jpg IMG_5316.jpg

It was hard not to watch Ryan’s face light up as Jessica made her way to the aisle (she entered from the path on the side before wrapping around to the main aisle). His eyes turned red as tears of joy filled his eyes. We talked to him later about how sweet his reaction was and he said that, even though they had done a first look for photos earlier in the day, it was hard not to get caught up in the emotion of their song playing in the background or how beautiful Jessica looked. πŸ™‚

IMG_5313.jpg

Of course, how could anyone not get emotional? Jessica was radiant in white. The world’s perfect bride. πŸ™‚

IMG_5323.jpg IMG_5324.jpg IMG_5325.jpg

The ceremony was personal, unique and very Ryan and Jessica. They each wrote their own vows and at one point invited their guests to partake in the ceremony as the officiant asked us to promise to help support and love them on their new journey as husband and wife.

And with the rings exchanged and a seal of a kiss…

IMG_5340.JPG IMG_5344.jpg

they were man and wife.

IMG_5347.jpg IMG_5348.jpg

Yay!!!! πŸ™‚

Not going to lie, I may have shed a tear or two. It truly was a beautiful ceremony.

Ryan and Jessica wed just as the sun was setting. It was a little chilly, but not chilly enough to prevent the lovely ceremony from taking place under the big whimsical tree. I thought it was perfect.

After they finished, we immediately headed inside for cocktails and to shed our big winter coats.

I joked with Christie and Aimee (both of whom I’ve known since elementary school!) that I only seem to see these girls at weddings now a days. We’ve become the wedding crowd as we just take turns playing the role of bride. Christie was married last August, Aimee was married last November, last night was Jessica’s turn, and I’m sure we’ll all be seeing each other in 2013 when it’s my turn.

IMG_5368.jpg

I wish I still in lived in Orlando so we could see each other more often. It was still nice to play catch up. πŸ™‚

I had a couple of glasses of red wine during cocktail hour and nibbled on a plate of fruit and fried ravioli.

IMG_5363.jpg IMG_5374.JPG

As I said above, Jessica is a very talented designed and has great taste.

There were cute cards for all the guests to fill out for the bride and groom to read.

And I loved the idea of turning a photo book into a guestbook. It’s a great mix between the traditional guestbook and the huge framed, matted photos that I’ve signed at weddings in the past.

Instead of table numbers, the tables were labeled with names of cities that Jessica and Ryan have traveled together to with a little tidbit of information about the trip.

I fell in love with the reception space. It was gorgeous and everything I would hope for in a beautiful, rustic venue. It was perfect for their 100 guests, but I’m afraid anymore would be a tight squeeze. That’s really the only reason I didn’t find the coordinator and sign a contract on the spot.

IMG_5398.jpg IMG_5393.JPG

The first dance.

IMG_5427.jpg IMG_5428.jpg

The food was amazing as well. Probably some of the best wedding food I’ve had. We started with simple garden salads.

We had selected our meal option on the invitations that had been mailed back months ago, but none of us could remember what we selected. It was a fun game of “I kinda, sorta remember circling such-and-such.”

It was a moment of ‘oh, yeah. now I remember’ when the pork tenderloin was placed in front of me. πŸ˜‰

There was dancing

And then there was cake.

Yummy cake with a rich buttercream frosting.

It was strange. For the first time in my adult life, I didn’t go running to the dance floor when the DJ called for all the single ladies in the house for the bouquet toss.

So. So. Strange. πŸ˜‰

IMG_5530.jpg IMG_5531.JPG

I loved that they played a little game with the bride and groom. They each traded one of their shoes and had to raise the person’s shoe when the answer to that question referred to that person.

“Who wears the pants in the relationship?”

hehe

Party time!

IMG_5559.JPG IMG_5560.JPG

I’m pretty sure I didn’t stop grinning the entire evening. It was such a wonderful night and I’m so happy for Jessica and Ryan. Thank you for letting me celebrate with you two. Love you guys!! πŸ™‚

Oh, and you may be asking yourself – where’s Derek?

IMG_5242.jpg

Well, funny story. We each had friends that were married last night. He attended his friend’s wedding and I attended my friend’s wedding. I missed him terribly, but I know there will be many more wedding to attend together in the future. Including our own. ; )

1 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 15, 2012 at 11:10 am

Looks like a beautiful wedding—bet it makes you ever more excited for yours!! πŸ™‚
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..The Stress of Sundays

2 Army Amy* January 15, 2012 at 11:11 am

Beautiful wedding! I love when there lots of personal touches like that!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Things My Hairdresser Taught Me

3 Allison January 15, 2012 at 11:17 am

So many great ideas! All of the pics look beautiful- fun friends, good food… Great evening!
Allison recently posted..Bombastic Beans

4 Caroline January 15, 2012 at 11:26 am

It looks like this was a beautiful wedding and a fun evening to celebrate! I love all the personal touches!
Caroline recently posted..How I Celebrated The Olympic Trials Today

5 Kathy January 15, 2012 at 11:39 am

OK..I have said it before but, you take wonderful pictures and have even better posts. You win for the blog that totally makes the reader feel “like they were there too!!”

All of Jessica’s personal touches were so cute…I haven’t been to a wedding in a while and some of those ideas I simply loved!! How nice to have such a talented friend to “help you out” with some of your wedding ideas I am sure.
Kathy recently posted..Happy Friday the 13th

6 Christine @ BookishlyB January 15, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Yup, just as long as he show up for yours πŸ˜‰ I remember seeing wedding much differently when I started planning mine.
Christine @ BookishlyB recently posted..Marathon Fueled by Books- Update

7 Jenn January 15, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I think u should have waited until the bride had a chance to post her own pics. It’s in poor taste to put up pics of a wedding before the bride gets to share. How would u feel if someone posted ur engagement photos and told ur story before u had a chance. I hate when bloggers do this. Caitlin is famous for this . Same goes w posting Facebook pics of these events

8 Mandy January 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm

You can still go running for the bouquet. You’re still technically single! Until you can mark married on a form you’re single and join in on the fun if you want to. I’m in the same boat as you but I hate trying to catch the bouquet.

9 Krystina (Organically Me) January 15, 2012 at 12:56 pm

That looks like such a beautiful, personal wedding. πŸ™‚ Congrats to them.
Krystina (Organically Me) recently posted..complaints of Mrs. Stone

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 15, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Looks like a beautiful wedding! And I’m sure it was so fun to be there and get ideas for your wedding!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Trying Again

11 Sana January 15, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Do you ask the bride permission to take and post pics at a wedding? I went to a wedding last month, and I felt bad posting the pics on my blog. But I still put a few because I wanted to capture the fun of the wedding for my memory!
It’s always tricky!
Sana recently posted..Bang Bang Shrimp

12 Meghann January 15, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I usually don’t, but all the weddings I go to, the brides know about the blog and are always supportive of it. Jessica designed the logo for my blog and did the HLS logo. We had a talk on Wednesday and I promised to take a lot of photos for her to have before her fancy professional photos come in. I think it’s different if you’re blogging about another blogger’s wedding before they have a chance. I plan to highly encourage the guests at my wedding to post as many photos they want because I want to enjoy as many photos from as many angles of the big day as possible. I’ve actually seen some ideas on pinterest where the bride and groom remind the guests to tag them on Facebook. πŸ™‚

13 Sana January 15, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I think that is a great idea πŸ™‚ Your wedding will have epic pictures!!!
Sana recently posted..Bang Bang Shrimp

14 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Seems like a beautiful wedding! I love when the bride & groom really make the ceremony their own. I didn’t attend any weddings while I was planning mine, but I bet it totally changes your perspective!
Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs recently posted..Happy Weekend!

15 Chelsea January 15, 2012 at 3:28 pm
16 jana @ newly wife healthy life January 15, 2012 at 3:35 pm

I love wedding recaps!! Looks like an absolutely beautiful venue space. I totally remember how easy it is to see weddings in a new way as soon as you become engaged. Everything at the weddings I attended suddenly became research for my own. Half the fun though is finding these great ideas, and coming up with new unique ways to include the one’s you love in your own! πŸ™‚
jana @ newly wife healthy life recently posted..A Sweet & Sour Decision, Part 1

17 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 15, 2012 at 3:51 pm

What a gorgeous wedding!

18 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 15, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Great idea for the photo album/guestbook!

Did you look at this wedding totally different now that you are planning your own? I’m sure you are getting lots and lots of ideas.
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..A Few of My Favorite Things

19 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 15, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Love the little ideas and fun details–she did great!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Focus On: Overhead Press

20 Courtney January 15, 2012 at 4:34 pm

How fun! Love all the cute touches and details πŸ™‚
Courtney recently posted..A Random Saturday

21 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 15, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Gorgeous wedding and gorgeous pictures! πŸ˜‰

By the way, I think you still could have caught the bouquet. At my wedding, my girlfriend (who was engaged at the time) caught the bouquet and we “helped” her fiance catch the garter haha. But I guess without Derek there, it wouldn’t have been as cute! πŸ˜›
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend: The Hunger Games

22 emily January 15, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Beautiful wedding! I am sure you took more notice of things than previously at weddings, right?

I have a friend who did the photobook at her wedding last summer. They used the pictures from an engagement shoot and also there have been a lot of groupons or living social deals for picaboo or mixbook, so you buy one of those and use it for your book and BAM saving money too!
emily recently posted..A Little Emotional?

23 chris January 15, 2012 at 5:41 pm

we went to 3 wedddings while we were engaged/just about to be and it was so fun to go to them with that different perspective – it was very much “hmm, we love that, let’s do it!” or “no, that is not for us”. such a great way to get real life ideas!

24 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy January 15, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Ah, I love weddings :). It looks like it was beautiful!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..He Will Be Missed

25 Melissa @TryingtoHeal January 15, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Ahhh…I bet the wedding planning vibes were to the max with you last night!!! πŸ™‚ I can’t wait until yours!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Side Notes: The Blog by CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com/

26 Ash Bear January 15, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Is that a Five Bamboo dress you’re wearing?? I love it!
Ash Bear recently posted..My New Sunday Routine

27 Hilary January 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Looks like a fun night all around and totally gorgeous!
Hilary recently posted..Chicken for Dummies

28 Maria January 15, 2012 at 9:18 pm

beautiful wedding! Last year we had 8 weddings to go to including our own…this year we have zero!! I want to go to a wedding so badly!
Maria recently posted..My Weekend in Pictures

29 Nicole January 15, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Gorgeous wedding pictures! She did a fantastic job on the details! Also, that cake looks amazing. I would love a piece of that!
Nicole recently posted..Instagram Love

30 BroccoliHut January 16, 2012 at 12:34 pm

What a beautiful wedding! I am planning on using purple/lavender tones in my wedding too.
BroccoliHut recently posted..Indian Sloppy Lentils

31 Alaina January 16, 2012 at 4:42 pm

What a gorgeous wedding! And I love the pictures you took! πŸ™‚
Alaina recently posted..Half at the Hamptons Training–Week 7 (And Dinner in the North End)