A Ragnar Relay Proposal: Part III – He Put A Ring On It

by Meghann on January 10, 2012

Part I – Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle

Part II – The Last Legs

Derek and I didn’t know which legs we were running for the Ragnar Relay until this past October. Kelly-Ann, our SUPER amazing and well organized team captain, assigned all of the legs based on abilities and preferences. It was completely random that I ended up as the last runner since I didn’t request it but, when Derek saw it, an idea began to come together for a big finish.

I’m not going to lie. I was suspicious that he was up to something. My sister always said she had an idea that Anthony was going to propose before he did because he started acting funny in the weeks leading up to the event and Derek started being the same way. Certain stories didn’t match up and I could tell he was hiding something. I knew it was coming, I just didn’t know when.

And, if he wasn’t being obvious enough, he was even posting cryptic Facebook messages the entire race.

Screen shot 2012-01-10 at 4.15.47 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-01-10 at 4.16.39 PM.png

Foreshadowing, much? ;)

While I was on my last leg, the rest of my teammates were rushing to the finish line for their traditional group finish. I didn’t know it at the time, but they were all in on the surprise and had been since we left Miami.

And they weren’t the only ones. Derek’s parents traveled from Tampa that morning for the surprise as well.

Sneaky. Sneaky.

I came up on the finish line after my last turn and, at first, couldn’t see my team. Then, Kerri and Dana grabbed me out of nowhere and brought me to the sea of pink where everyone was standing. I saw Derek and immediately let out a giggle over his ridiculous get up.

He was wearing one of my black hats and a fuzzy scarf we had picked up from Target two days before. I wasn’t sure if he would go through with the whole costume thing since he had been fighting it since the beginning but, there he was, looking ridiculous and grinning.

IMG_9070.jpg

However, he was the tame one. Two of my other male teammates immediately began stripping down to the leopard thongs they had been planning to wear for the big finale. It. Was. Hilarious.

At this point, I was on cloud nine. I had a great run along the water. We were about to finish an amazing race and I didn’t even think to grab the camera from Derek to take photos of the finish. I just wanted to run and be in the moment. I would worry about photos after we crossed.

We held back for a couple of minutes so that another team could finish and then our team took off. I’m not even sure I was near Derek at this point. I was just running.

We crossed the finish line and I hear Derek yell, “MEGHANN!”

He smiles back, grabs my hand, then drops to his knee.

Here’s where things get fuzzy.

This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments that I had pictured in my head a million times. The moment when Derek proposes. The moment I knew I would say yes. The moment where the only thing that mattered was the two of us. The moment where I go into shock.

IMG_9074.jpg

My ipod was still playing in my ear. The crowd was loud with excitement. There were hundreds of people surrounding us.

And none of that mattered.

Derek was on one knee with the biggest, goofiest smile I had ever seen, wearing a stick-on mustache, saying something I wish I could hear, and holding a ring. Nothing mattered. He mattered. We mattered.

IMG_9075.jpg

I didn’t know it at the time, but he was saying “I want to keep running with you. Will you marry me?”

I stared at him. Shocked. Unsure if this was really happening. It felt like an eternity before I could finally remind myself he probably needed an answer. The waterworks started pouring out before I could stop them.

My voice wasn’t working, I could only shake my head to ensure he got the proper yes. Of course, YES!

IMG_9077.jpg

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Everything else happened so fast. The race announcer grabbed us and asked for our names.

The rest of the team poured in for congrats.

And Derek’s parents popped out ofno where.

I watched the video later and noticed his Mom tapped me on my shoulder three separate times before Derek finally pulled me around for a photo and I finally saw them. I have the funniest “What the heck are you doing here?” face in all of the photos. I think I was still in shock! :)

I wasn’t walking in these moments, I was floating. My first thought was to call my parents, my siblings, and everyone else that mattered, but really all I wanted to do was be with Derek. It was like something slipped in the back of my mind and I forgot about everything else.

Derek and I met back in college. He tagged along with my best friend Emily and I as we hit up Flippin’ Tuesdays at AJs on a random Tuesday night. We spent the entire night dancing to 80s music and made a pact to turn Flippin’ Tuesdays into a weekly tradition; a pact we kept until he graduated that spring.

38888_10100293366348333_5203240_62663334_5616640_n.jpeg

After he graduated we sort of lost touch. There were the random phone calls and Facebook messages, but nothing tangible.

Then, in November of 2008, I had a random text message from Derek on my way up to Tallahassee for the homecoming football game. Derek was on his way too and wanted to meet up at Bullwinkles. It was raining and I almost didn’t go, but just when we were about to leave, the skies opened up and we decided to take our chances at the open air bar.

And I’m so glad we did.

Because that’s the night Derek and I reconnected. That’s the night I re-met my future husband. That’s the night I re-found the love I thought I had lost. That’s the night I told Derek yes to lunch the next day.

The rest is history.

Derek doesn’t know this but I’ve loved him since 2005. He’s the love of my life and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him!

WE’RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!! :)

1 Christine January 10, 2012 at 4:23 pm

*sniff sniff* So sweet! Congratulations!

2 Katy Widrick January 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm

LOVE YOU BOTH. And it’s such a perfect story for you two!
Katy Widrick recently posted..New Tool Tuesday: Matcha.TV

3 Sarah January 10, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I’m s sucker for a good proposal story, congratulations!!!

4 Kate S January 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Lovely story, congratulations! Being married is wonderful :o)

5 Michele @ nycrunningmama January 10, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I am literally sitting here crying. This is one of the most beautiful proposals I have heard. What a memorable and meaningful way to propose !! (and right up my alley!!)
Congratulations, again!! Enjoy wedding planning!!

6 Brie January 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. Seriously, I have tears in my eyes! What a perfect proposal.

(Derek should really work on his poker face, though, haha.)
Brie recently posted..Air Force

7 Brie January 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Also, make Kelly pass along the bridal stuff I sent her after she and Tony got engaged!
Brie recently posted..Air Force

8 Brie January 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm

After their wedding, I mean.

9 Laura January 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Ahhhh Meghan! This made me cry! So exciting, so beautiful, so awesome!
Laura recently posted..Eugene Half Marathon Training

10 Kristy @ KristyRuns January 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Finally!!! :) Congrats! What a great proposal!

11 Megan @ Life As Megan KNows It January 10, 2012 at 4:28 pm

what a beautiful recap Meghann! I am so happy for you and Derek!
Megan @ Life As Megan KNows It recently posted..First training session

12 Leanne @ The Skinny Architect January 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

This is FANTASTIC! Congrats to both you and Derek. I feel like this engagement couldn’t be any more perfect. Have fun wedding planning :-). Oh, and congrats on finishing your first Ragnar!
Leanne @ The Skinny Architect recently posted..Lazy Saturday

13 Leah January 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

What an amazing moment – congratulations!!!!

14 Julie January 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

This is such a great story!!! I almost got choked up! My bf and I have been together for years, 3.5 long distance, and we just moved in together- It such an amazing feeling to know you’re with someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with! Congrats!!! :)

15 Jackie @ MomJovi January 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Love, Love, LOVE it! So happy for you guys!

16 sarah January 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm

YYAYYYY! I have been waiting for SO LONG for you two to be engaged and I am SO happy for both of you! What a GREAT proposal. I am seriously so excited to follow along as you plan your wedding :)

17 kirsten January 10, 2012 at 4:31 pm

great proposal story! :) I can’t wait to read about all your wedding planning over the next year!! congratulations to both of you!!!!

18 Liz H January 10, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Love your blog and love this story!

19 Anna January 10, 2012 at 4:31 pm

As a long time reader AND someone who recently got married….I am in serious tears over here and overjoyed with happiness for you two! Congrats and enjoy it every step of the way. Marriage will unite you in ways you never thought possible and you will fall in love all over again. Happy planning :)

20 Corrie @ Blurb Column January 10, 2012 at 4:33 pm

BIG Congratulations to you both! An awesome story. Truly. Love it. Thanks for sharing.
Corrie @ Blurb Column recently posted..First Day of School Recap

21 Lindsay January 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

It might be the pregnancy hormones but I just read this whole post through a stream of tears- congrats what a wonderful proposal story!
Lindsay recently posted..{Giveaway} 2012 Blog Survey

22 Kate January 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm

amazing, amazing story!! love the recap of the race and the engagement! what an awesome proposal- congrats!

23 Caitlin January 10, 2012 at 4:35 pm

so cute. congrats to you both. ;)

24 Jessica January 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Aw Meg I’m so happy for you! I wish Derek were coming with you to our wedding this weekend because I’m telling you now until when you get married you’ll be so much more emotional at them. Gahhh congrats!!

25 Bonnie January 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Wahoo! This is so exciting! A huge congrats to you guys! What a meaningful and fun proposal…loved how you described it too. Here’s to many more years running together!
Bonnie recently posted..Valleys & Peaks

26 kaliesthoughts January 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

this made me cry! so happy for you
kaliesthoughts recently posted..How do you deal with sugar cravings?

27 Rosa - Fitness Food Fulfilled January 10, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Congratulations! You look so incredibly happy! There’s nothing like being with the love of your life and knowing that you’ll be with them forever.
Enjoy your engagement and all the time leading up to your wedding. And remember, it’s about the marriage, not the day. It’ll be wonderful no matter what because you’re with each other.
Rosa – Fitness Food Fulfilled recently posted..Finally ‘At Home’

28 BethT January 10, 2012 at 4:38 pm

You look so shocked and happy in those pics. Congratulations to you and Derek – you deserve all the happiness in the world! Take your honeymoon in wine country and I’ll buy you a celebratory Ike’s sandwich. :)

29 Rachael @ Happy Healthy Runner January 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

this is so sweet!! congratulations to you both – what a FUN proposal!!
Rachael @ Happy Healthy Runner recently posted..Missing.

30 Alayna @ Thyme Bombe January 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Congratulations! This proposal will make for such a great story in the future. So glad you’ve found the love of your life!
Alayna @ Thyme Bombe recently posted..A better 2012

31 Kim January 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

That totally gave me chills! Congratulations!!!
Kim recently posted..Keys to Success

32 jessica@domesticated-bliss January 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Congrats Congrats!! What a wonderful story :)

33 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Congratulations Meghann! I am so so so happy for the two of you! I love how he proposed to you while you were doing something you love! :D
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..WDW Half-Marathon Training: Week 8

34 Lizzie @TheWeekdayVegan January 10, 2012 at 4:39 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! That is the best proposal ever. Well done, Derek! All the best and happiness for you both =)

35 Alex January 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Congrats! This is so awesome!
Did you pick out the ring together at some point beforehand?
Alex recently posted..Bunny Dee

36 Court January 11, 2012 at 9:54 am

Yes! I want to know more about the ring!

37 Reenie January 10, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Oh how sweet…. I’m so happy for you two!!

Congrats again =)

38 erica January 10, 2012 at 4:43 pm

i’m tearing up at my desk. at work. like a blubbering idiot.

i love it! congrats again!!! so excited for you and derek!
can’t wait to follow along w/your wedding planning!!!!
erica recently posted..clean out my car…check!

39 Kate January 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

I am being totally honest, that is the BEST proposal story I have ever heard. I have been reading for years now, and I am so happy you guys are finally getting married!

40 Maggie January 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Such an amazing story. And you look so happy. Congratulations, here’s to many years of happiness!

41 April @ Marathons N Martinis January 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Awww!! So sweet! I’m so happy for you and Derek! What a great love story. I love that you have loved him so long. Have a blast enjoying your engagement and planning your wedding – it goes by so quickly!
April @ Marathons N Martinis recently posted..No Excuses

42 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness January 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Congrats lady! I went through the same shocked moment when I got proposed to also! In fact I said “Is this real?” Wishing you the best as you plan for your future. I can’t recall a time in my life that I enjoyed more.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Roll up your Sleeve: January is National Blood Donor Month

43 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

That is so awesome Meghann, congratulations!!! I got married last year and the whole engagement experience was so exciting and fun! Soak this time in because he won’t be your fiancé for long, soon he will be your husband! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..No Meatball Problems Here

44 Melissa @TryingtoHeal January 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Yay!!!! I’m so happy he finally popped the question!!!! So excited!!!!
Melissa @TryingtoHeal recently posted..Comment on Pink and Blonde by Allison

45 Alicia B. January 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

AWWWWWWWW! This got me all teary-eyed. I’m so very, very happy for you too. It’s so incredibly sweet, the way he asked you — if you’ll keep running with him. :-) And it’s amazing, these re-connections in life and how important they become! Congratulations!

- Alicia
@leximaven
Alicia B. recently posted..Decision to Run

46 Emily January 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

aaaand i’m crying ;)

I’m So so so happy for the both of you! i’ve been reading your blog for the past two years. I couldn’t be more excited!! Can’t wait to hear all the wedding plans as they happen. Enjoy this time and .. not matter how stressful it may get .. keep that love at the center of all things :)

xoxo!
Emily recently posted..Striving for Balance

47 Lee January 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

So cute! When my husband proposed, I forget to say yes at first. I was just like, “What? How did you do all this??”
Lee recently posted..Atlanta Underground Market

48 Kate @Pastafreerunner January 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Ok, that was totally worth waiting for! What a perfect proposal! Congratulations again!!
Kate @Pastafreerunner recently posted..I graduated!

49 Colleen January 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I am crying!!! Love reading your story! Thank you for sharing your journey with us! Again big congratulations to you and Derek! Don’t stress over the
wedding details or what others want or think you should do. What matters on the day is you and Derek standing in front of your friends and family commiting your love for each other.

50 Laura January 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I have chills everywhere from this story! You were the first blog I stumbled on back in the day and since then I’ve been waiting for this engagement:) couldn’t imagine a more perfect proposal for you. So very happy for you both! CONGRATULATIONS!
Laura recently posted..Should We Guilt Kids Into Losing Weight?

51 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

what an adorable story! and so fitting for you two! :) congratulations meghann!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Upper Body Pulse Challenge

52 Marie January 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Oh my gosh, such a beautiful, tear-jerker of a story! LOVED it! Beautiful post. Congratulations to you both!!!

53 Kelly January 10, 2012 at 4:50 pm

It’s RIDICULOUS how sweet that story is!! You had me in tears! Congratulations, may your future bring you both joy, happiness, and unending love!

54 CindyD. January 10, 2012 at 4:51 pm

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!

55 melissa (fitnessnyc) January 10, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I am weeping! I remember when we first met derek and shortly thereafter everyone started demanding to know if he was your boyfriend (i wondered but did not ask) and we have seen your relationship blossom and know it’s like the fairyblog engagement! well done mr. meals and miles.
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Not a Bad Start

56 melissa (fitnessnyc) January 10, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I am weeping! I remember when we first met derek and shortly thereafter everyone started demanding to know if he was your boyfriend (i wondered but did not ask) and we have seen your relationship blossom and now it’s like the fairyblog engagement! well done mr. meals and miles.

57 Brittany January 10, 2012 at 4:54 pm

So excited for you! I just got engaged December 23, 2011 so I know how great it is to wake up every morning and realize that you’re ENGAGED. :) My “how we met/started dating” story is very similar to yours too. Congratulations!
Brittany recently posted..2011 – Full of Memories

58 Danielle January 10, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Stop-you’re making me cry at my desk! Such a wonderfully written recap-Congratulations again!
Danielle recently posted..Ask A Blogger: Meals for Miles

59 Nicole January 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm

The conclusion to the story was well worth the wait, I have tears in my eyes! I’m so happy for you two, congrats once again!!
Nicole recently posted..One crazy day, plus a few hours.

60 Ali January 10, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Congratulations Meghann! I am so happy for you and Derek!!

61 Amy January 10, 2012 at 4:58 pm

What a sweet story! Congratulations and enjoy wedding planning!
Amy recently posted..heading into the 3rd trimester

62 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 10, 2012 at 4:58 pm

AHHH Meghann I’m reading this at my desk at work and I’ve got chills down my spine, arm hairs sticking up, and tears welling up out of happiness in my eyes (and I never cry lol!) Congratulations to both of you!! And tell Derek he had one hell of a proposal plan! :)

63 Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life January 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Brought tears to my eyes! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Ashley O. @ The Vegetable Life recently posted..Sparkpeople’s 28 Day Bootcamp

64 Stephanie @ Mr and Meatless January 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm

So cute! Congratulations! My husband proposed in Key West too. Not quite the excitement as yours, but it was sweet. We went to the beach at sunset with his family, who we were vacationing with. He took me for a walk down the beach, then got down on his knee in the sand and asked me to marry him. Happiest moment of my life. :)
Stephanie @ Mr and Meatless recently posted..Scrambled tofu for breakfast

65 Stephanie @ Mr and Meatless January 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Stephanie @ Mr and Meatless recently posted..Scrambled tofu for breakfast

66 Neha January 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Congratulations Meghann!!

67 Neha January 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Congratulations Meghann!!

68 Marisa January 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Congrats to you both! Such a great proposal! Can’t wait to follow the wedding planning!

69 Cher January 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Congratulations! I want to know about the ring, too! Did you pick it out or what!

70 Kath January 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Wheeee!

71 Bri January 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

What a sweet story and thoughtful proposal. Congratulations! May the two of you always be as in love as you were on that day. :)

72 Erica January 10, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Soooooooooo sweet!!!!
Erica recently posted..Chobani Pineapple Turkey Chili

73 Kelley January 10, 2012 at 5:09 pm

This is so sweet! The high after a great run (Especially a great RAGNAR run!) is so emotional anyways, I can’t imagine how amazing it must have felt to get a RING on top of it!!!! So happy for you!

74 Hillary January 10, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Too freaking adorable. Congrats again to you guys!
Hillary recently posted..Same Difference

75 Candice January 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm

We are so happy for you both. Can’t wait for the wedding.

76 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm

WAhooo!! SO cute. SO happy for you guys! :)

77 Danna January 10, 2012 at 5:10 pm

YAY! I myself just got engaged two and a half weeks ago. Can’t wait to read along with you :)

78 Heather @ Run Eat Play January 10, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I’m so sappy – this totally made me cry! Congrats to both of you. There’s no feeling like finding the person that you love forever and knowing they love you back.
Great job on the race too!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..Target Shopping Trip

79 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance January 10, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Congratulations Meghann!! I’m so happy for the two of you :)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Bringing Back Bread & Bowling

80 Whitney @ Whit's Kitchen January 10, 2012 at 5:14 pm

You are so lucky to have gotten a photo of him actually proposing! That is something I wished I had gotten! You will remember this forever! :)

81 Silvina January 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

OMG so sweet! CONGRATULATIONS!

82 Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food January 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Congratulations!! Such an amazing story! (as I wipe the tears from my eyes!) ;-)
Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food recently posted..Workout A.D.D.

83 Allie January 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

What an amazing story! So exciting!! Congratulations on your engagement! Can’t wait to hear about the wedding planning!
Allie recently posted..In This Together

84 Michelle January 10, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Such a memorable proposal! I have a such a soft spot for college loves (especially ones from my alma mater!). Congrats to you both!!
Michelle recently posted..Weekly Menu & Workouts

85 Cristina January 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm

What an awesome story! You are lucky to have pictures from that moment :)

86 Katie For Life January 10, 2012 at 5:22 pm

This is so amazing! I am so happy for you!
Katie For Life recently posted..Guest Post: Honey, I Shrunk The Gretchen

87 Chrissy (The New Me) January 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm

This is a great engagement story. Congratulations to you and Derek!
Chrissy (The New Me) recently posted..Where to Wed? That is the Question.

88 Kristin January 10, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Ah I absolutely love this! “I want to keep running with you. Will you marry me?” that is just too cute and perfect for you. Congrats to you both!!
Kristin recently posted..All you need is love, love is all you need.

89 Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run January 10, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Congrats! Fun that you had people taking pictures of the moment. Not a lot of people get that.
When my hubs proposed, I was totally blindsided. My first words were OH MY GOD. And I forgot to say yes for awhile too. :-)
Paula @ Eat: Watch: Run recently posted..Things I Do While Sitting on My Butt

90 Jessica January 10, 2012 at 5:29 pm

OMG

*tears*

So sweet!

91 Sarah January 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

So exciting! The “I want to keep running with you” is adorable.

92 abbi January 10, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Congratulations!!
abbi recently posted..Consistently Inconsistent

93 Shayla @ The Good Life January 10, 2012 at 5:35 pm

*TEARS*!!! Definitely the cutest, most thoughtful proposal story ever…Derek gets mad props and I’m so very happy for you! Congrats!! :)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..Santa Was Very Good To Me…

94 emily January 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Eeeeek, too cute!

You did such a good job writing these recap posts too. I am the least sappy person on the planet and I actually got choked up reading the end of this post!!

95 Dani January 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Aww, so sweet! I’m so happy for you guys! The natural high after a race is so amazing, I cannot even imagine how much better a proposal at the end would be!!

96 Dori January 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm

“I turn around and for the first time I notice this silly stick-on mustache he was wearing. I laugh and poke at it with my finger.

He smiles back, grabs my hand, then drops to his knee.”

This is perfect! So sweet and just, well, perfect. I am so happy for you and I really felt all your emotion come through in this post. This is the best post you’ve ever written and I am SO happy for you and Derek!!!!!!!!!
Dori recently posted..10 Things I Am Liking in 2012

97 Stephanie January 10, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Congratulations! I wish you both a fantastic engagement and an even better marriage. There is nothing better than marrying the love of your life. I know I can’t imagine having my best friend by my side every day!

98 Amy January 10, 2012 at 5:42 pm

This is one of the coolest engagement stories ever!!! How fitting! I am so happy for you two! Your story made me cry! I love your blog and I look forward to all that is to come!

Congrats on your love, happiness and upcoming WEDDING!!!!

99 Anne P January 10, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Oh my gosh – SO CUTE!!! And I totally feel you with the complete shock when the actual moment happened for me, too. I remember being like “wtf is happening right now omg!!!” Ha.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Anne P recently posted..My Workouts This Week

100 theswanin.me January 10, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Ok your not a biiiootch anymore. And I forgot to scroll forward to make sure this was the final installment I was so eager to read. Yeah!! Sniffles! I am so happy for you!!! He had to make sure it was perfect since it was going to be blogged about of course. LOL
theswanin.me recently posted..Going to the chapel and…

101 Julie (A Case of the Runs) January 10, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Congratulations! I got engaged last month and had the same inability to respond… ha ha!

102 Krissy January 10, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Congrats!!!! Such a great story and awesome you have all the pictures of it! Very happy for you!

103 Rachel @ Runner's Tales January 10, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Congrats!!!! Such an awesome story and what a way to finish the race! :)
Rachel @ Runner’s Tales recently posted..Back to Reality

104 Army Amy* January 10, 2012 at 5:54 pm

What a perfect proposal! It’s so you! Your happiness radiates from those photos. I hope y’all are always able to hold on to this feeling. Congratuations!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Buggin’ Out

105 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 10, 2012 at 5:55 pm

God, maybe it’s the age coming on and the constant pressure from my family that I’m getting old and need to get married, but this made me tear up! It really felt like we were there to witness your engagement, and what a fantastic moment. Congratulations!!!
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Where Is the Love?

106 Andrea of Care to Eat/Breed January 10, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I knew I shouldn’t have read this at work! Totally tearing up. Congrats guys! I remember when you posted about that night in 2008 (that’s how long I’ve been reading!). I wasn’t surprised when you guys became an item and I’m not surprised you’re getting married! Derek is a lucky guy!

107 Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots January 10, 2012 at 6:00 pm

sooo sweet!! def made me teary! congrats!! What an awesome story you get to re tell a millions times :)

108 Kathy January 10, 2012 at 6:01 pm

These are amazing posts! Congratulations! On the race and the ring!

What a wonderful memory! Wonderful guy! Wonderful posts…almost made me cry…thanks for sharing!!!
Kathy recently posted..So productive lately…

109 Hilary January 10, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Awww…yes! Big congrats and great story…thanks for sharing! :)
Hilary recently posted..So, about that weight thing…

110 jenn January 10, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Love it!!! Congratulations!!

111 Cat January 10, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Congrats, Meghann!!! That is a great proposal story! Mad props to Derek :) Have fun wedding planning!

112 Elizabeth January 10, 2012 at 6:11 pm

CONGRATS!!! Also, as a Tallahassee native, I cannot even describe to you how much it cracks me up that you guys met at AJ’s. And then got together after a trip to Bulls. Best Tally love story ever.

113 Emily January 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Congrats! Can’t wait for the wedding posts!

114 Ash Bear January 10, 2012 at 6:21 pm

This really is a perfect story for you two and I’m so excited for all the planning, fun, and your life together! I hope the flowers survived the funw eekend!

115 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm

OMG TEARING UP RIGHT NOW!!! That is so wonderful!!!! Congratulations!!! So much to look forward to!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..No Bake Almond Banana Cookies

116 Conni January 10, 2012 at 6:26 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That’s so exciting and I am so happy for the two of you! :))))

117 Aleyta January 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Yay!!!! You need to put a wedding link on here now cause I want to know all of the fun details!!! I loved LOVED our wedding. It was SO us. Mexican food, margaritas, outdoors…what an amazing thing to experience with your love!!!! YAY!!!!

118 Silvia @ skinny jeans food January 10, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I am only reading your blog for about 1 year and a few months and I noticed that you always look a magnitude happier with Derek in the picture (and him with you). So, congratulations on the journey together ahead!
Silvia @ skinny jeans food recently posted..Ode to….. many things

119 Amanda January 10, 2012 at 6:36 pm

HUGE congrats to you both! I got engaged this summer and I know what you mean about that fuzzy feeling … I just kept saying “Are you serious?!?!?!” until he finally asked me if I said yes! Such a fun time :)

120 Liz January 10, 2012 at 6:42 pm

This is such a lovely story. Thank you for sharing it will all of us :)
Liz recently posted..Germ Attack

121 Anna-Marie @ Beauty and the Beets January 10, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Congrats! What a wonderful surprise!!!
Anna-Marie @ Beauty and the Beets recently posted..The Veggie Kitchen Sink recipe

122 Jena January 10, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I love that he said, “I want to keep running with you.” That is very cute.

Congrats Meghann!
Jena recently posted..The post where I recap my recaps

123 Karen @ Run Shop Travel January 10, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Congrats again – what a great way to propose! I am so happy for you guys!
Karen @ Run Shop Travel recently posted..Getting Excited for Westchester

124 Sneakers2sandals January 10, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Just beyond! Now the fun begins :)
Sneakers2sandals recently posted..I love my friends and running!

125 Kristen January 10, 2012 at 6:51 pm

OMG I LOVE this engagement story, so sweet! Congratulations!

Won’t this make wedding #3 between your siblings this year!??

126 Nataliya @irunforicecream January 10, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Thanks for making me cry at work! So adorable! Congratulations!!!

127 Caroline January 10, 2012 at 7:06 pm

AGH! This post brought tears to my eyes! It’s so neat that you have so many years of history together, and the proposal is certainly a memorable one!
Caroline recently posted..Half Marathon Week 1 Training Recap

128 Sandy January 10, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Congratulations..sweetest proposal, and emotional post :)

129 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile January 10, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Fate works in funny ways doesn’t it? So cute, congrats!

130 Krissy - Shiawase Life January 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Great last and first chapter, Meghann!!!!!!!! Congrats again :D
Krissy – Shiawase Life recently posted..Tune in Tuesday – Dose of Disney edition

131 Sarah D. January 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm

What a beautiful and PERFECT proposal. Crying like a baby! Congrats!

132 chris January 10, 2012 at 7:15 pm

oh my gosh, love this!!! totally crying over here, i love when people are in love! plus, it reminds me of when i got engaged last year and it was the same thing – total tunnel vision, i can’t even remember what he said, all i wanted to do was just scream and hug and kiss him forever! def one of the best moments of my life – second only to the actual wedding, which as you will see is even better than the proposal! congrats to you guys!! and way to go derek, i loved that he did it on his terms and in his way. very good sign for the future!!

133 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 10, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Oh, I love the last paragraph! So teary eyed right now. When my husband proposed, I screamed and ran away! I was in total shock and not prepared for it at all.

Congratulations!!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Thankful For Tuesday

134 Haley January 10, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Congrats a million times over!! And doing something you love….can’t wait to read more about everything! :)

135 Lauren January 10, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Aww, Meghann, that was an absolutely beautiful recap. What an amazing proposal. Wishing you and Derek the best in your wedded life!
Lauren recently posted..Run in the New Year

136 Angie January 10, 2012 at 7:22 pm

What a great story and when you know, you just know.

Kev and I just celebrated our 15th anniversary New Year’s Eve. Spending the rest of your life with the one you LOVE is awesome!

Congrats!
Angie recently posted..Simple Smoothie Recipes

137 Alliso K January 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm

This is hands-down the best post you have ever written.
Congrats to you both~!
Alliso K recently posted..What is Wyoming?-State Nickname

138 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Haha, I absolutely love the sneaky Facebook statuses he posted! That’s great. Congrats to you both :)

139 Lisa (bakebikeblog) January 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I am so so happy for you both!!!! How wonderful! x
Lisa (bakebikeblog) recently posted..My first Arepa attempt

140 Lindsay @ Running the Windy City January 10, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Congratulations! I almost teared up reading your story! Best wishes :)
Lindsay @ Running the Windy City recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal

141 Cait January 10, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for ages – but don’t think I’ve ever posted. But congratulations and best wishes to you and Derek! Very happy for you. Have fun wedding planning :)

142 Lauryn January 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Love your story. Congrats!

Question – can Derek do a post on all the behind the scenes planning it took to make this possible?

143 Lauren January 10, 2012 at 8:03 pm

CONGRATS Meghann! This is truly a Cinderella story. So happy for the both of you.
Lauren recently posted..Night Off

144 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It January 10, 2012 at 8:08 pm

congrats meghann! so happy for you both! a finish line that was actually a starting line for the rest of your life together! so cute. :D
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It recently posted..Brownie Batter Pancakes for One

145 Aly January 10, 2012 at 8:12 pm

CUTE! This is one of the best proposal stories that I’ve ever heard/read – congrats.
Aly recently posted..Interesting – I actually like zoning out in front of the tv on…

146 Chatelaine January 10, 2012 at 8:13 pm

so flippin HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Congratulations! I’m a stranger to you but I teared up reading your post. I LOVE engagement stories more than anything in the world. The pure JOY at that moment when your world comes rushing in on the love of your life asking to pledge your love to each other forever in front of everyone. SO HAPPY FOR YOU :)

147 Corey @ Learning Patience January 10, 2012 at 8:13 pm

So so sweet…I am seriously crying at the way he proposed. Seriously…. I am SO happy for you — enjoy every single second – it will fly by – so FAST. Remember to breathe, relax and soak it all in….

CONGRATS
xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Photo Memories from Tobago

148 Carissa January 10, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Awww! I got teary there! I’m so excited for you guys and it’s so great to see how in love you are!!

Enjoy every moment!!!!!!
Carissa recently posted..Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 2012

149 Sara@RunningInPinkProject January 10, 2012 at 8:26 pm

How awesome that you have so many photos of your engagement taking place!! My proposal back in the day was super private and we have one lone photo from the entire weekend that we went down the next morning and took. I cherish that one disposable camera photo just as much as my wedding photos themselves. Congrats!
Sara@RunningInPinkProject recently posted..How Do You Solve a Problem Like Dessert?

150 Christina January 10, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Congratulations, Meghann! Although I don’t know you, I am very happy for you and Derek.
Christina recently posted..Running Recap

151 Sana January 10, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I love love, it’s beautiful :)
Sana recently posted..Home Sweet Home

152 Brittney January 10, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Awwwww! I’m so happy for you guys!
Brittney recently posted..Unseasonably Warm

153 *Andrea* January 10, 2012 at 8:43 pm

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x 1 million

154 Itecblogger January 10, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I got so excited reading this!!!! Very, very happy for you!

155 Rachel L January 10, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!! I’m so happy for you guys :D
Rachel L recently posted..What I’ve Been Eating

156 Heather @ Better With Veggies January 10, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Yay!!!!! What an amazing ending to a wonderful story – well, I guess it’s only just the beginning, but you know what I mean. Congratulations!!
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Tuesday Training: Legs + SeaSnax Giveaway!!

157 Michelle @ A Healthy Mrs January 10, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Great story — congratulations to you both! Happy planning!

158 SkinnyRunner January 10, 2012 at 9:04 pm

this is my FAVORITE post of yours!! love it.

i think im a secret romantic.

159 Erin January 10, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Such a great story – again, congratulations!
Erin recently posted..Day 10

160 Amy January 10, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Def geared up so beautiful congrats to u and best of luck! Yay wedding

161 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 10, 2012 at 9:41 pm

aaahhh! Loved this. I know exactly how you felt. I was in my own world when the husband proposed to me!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..woah baby!

162 Christina January 10, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Sitting here crying like a baby – in a good way, of course!! Great proposal, tell Derek good job! Really happy for you both, and excited to follow you on this new journey in your life.

163 Aria January 10, 2012 at 9:45 pm

I lovedddd this proposal!! It is so you :) I seriously got tears in my eyes reading this & I totally get what you are saying about everything getting fuzzy! That totally happenHenri me when my husband proposed. Congrats again – I’m so happy fir you both <3

164 Stephanie @ Afitbliss.com January 10, 2012 at 9:47 pm

OMG so beautiful. Sitting here like Captain Waterworks- I love proposal stories and am so happy for you!!!

165 Heather January 10, 2012 at 9:47 pm

AAHHHH goosebumps! I am SO HAPPY for you!! I KNEW it had to be soon! All I can say is your poor poor parents. My sister and I got married within 5 months of each other and my mom almost had a nervous breakdown.
I can’t wait to hear about all the plans. Enjoy this time, it goes by SO FAST!
Heather recently posted..A Day in the Life 2012

166 Chelsea January 10, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I’m sooo so happy for you guys <3 Talk about an amazing experience!

167 Amelia January 10, 2012 at 10:01 pm

This is the sweetest thing. Such a wonderful proposal! Your couple story is so great as well! I’m so happy for you two!!
Amelia recently posted..Amelia: Run in the Streets

168 Joelle (on a pink typewriter) January 10, 2012 at 10:03 pm

This post makes me so SO happy! I wish you two the best- love the story! :)
Joelle (on a pink typewriter) recently posted..Green chili beef soup

169 Cate January 10, 2012 at 10:05 pm

what a great memory and story to have! Congrats! :)
Cate recently posted..A Look Back at 2011 and Looking Forward to 2012

170 alice January 10, 2012 at 10:19 pm

this was entirely too adorable! those photos of you are priceless! :) congratulations!!

171 Kalee January 10, 2012 at 10:21 pm

SUCH a sweet way to propose, and I love your reaction! Congrats!!!!!!
Kalee recently posted..Ruth Chris & Sunday Morning Granola Off the The Chew

172 SaraRM January 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Awwww the end is the best part! Awesome story. Good job Derek!

173 Kate (What Kate is Cooking) January 10, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Congratulations!! Such a sweet story. The pictures are absolutely priceless :)
Kate (What Kate is Cooking) recently posted..One Smoothie to Rule Them All

174 Dynamics January 10, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Congrats. I did great until the last line…You and Derek are getting married, tears in my eyes. I love a good love story! You are one lucky girl, or is it Derek is one lucky guy.

175 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life January 10, 2012 at 10:37 pm

AHH!!! SOOO happy for you both! CONGRATULATIONS!! Can’t wait to see all the wedding planning details!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Juice Fast: Day 10!! The End!

176 Lara January 10, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Cute! Did you pick out the ring?

177 Deva @ Deva by Definition January 10, 2012 at 10:43 pm

This is so sweet – I love the planning that was involved, and your facial expression is so adorable – like your heart is about to burst.
Deva @ Deva by Definition recently posted..La Mexicana: A Review of some Tasty Food

178 Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups January 10, 2012 at 10:48 pm

One million congratulations!! I got engaged in September and I don’t think I even said yes. I just nodded between sobs. Always remember Derek’s face when he proposed. I’ve seen my fiancé smile and emotional and all that but I’ve never seen him how he was when he proposed. Can’t wait to hear about planning!
Jessica @ Sushi and Sit-Ups recently posted..Caddy Shanks

179 Sarah K January 10, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Ahhhh! YAY! Congratulations to both you and Derek! Can’t wait to hear all about the wedding plans
Sarah K recently posted..Goals For 2012

180 Laura @ Backstage Balance January 10, 2012 at 11:10 pm

What an awesome engagement story! Very cool and I love that there were leopard print thongs and a fake mustache involved :-D
Congrats again my dear!
Laura @ Backstage Balance recently posted..3:30am, at work.

181 Maureen January 10, 2012 at 11:11 pm

What an amazing engagement story…one you will ALWAYS remember! Congratulations!
Maureen recently posted..Cauliflower "Rice"

182 Jaclyn January 10, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Congratulations to both you and Derek! What a cute story. Loved the way you broke the proposal blog into three parts.

183 RunEatRepeat January 10, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Love love love <3
RunEatRepeat recently posted..Coconut Water Giveaway!

184 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 10, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Congrats!! This is such a sweet story!! I’m so happy for you guys! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Unplug

185 Ari @ Ari's Menu January 10, 2012 at 11:41 pm

GAHHHH, crying! Beautifully written!! Also, kudos to Derek for a seriously perfect proposal!!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Barbecue Ranch Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

186 Amy January 10, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I’m a longtime reader (3+ years), and have read and reread every single post

187 Amy January 10, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I’m a longtime reader (3+ years), and have read every single post in your archives, and couldn’t be more happy for the two of you. I checked your blog specifically on Christmas, New Years, and after the Ragnar relay, because I KNEW he’d propose no later than Valentine’s Day. Plus, no guy poses for cutesy, coupley Christmas pictures like your card unless he wants to put a ring on it! Just call it reader’s 6th sense. : )

On a completely random side note…you’ve never looked better! NROLFW and whatever you’ve been doing to your hair these past few months has turned you from a pretty girl into a knockout! 2012 is your year, girlfriend…own it! : )

188 Liz January 11, 2012 at 12:36 am

So happy for you & Derek! I don’t KNOW you, obviously, but I’ve been reading for 2 years now & kept waiting for this to happen :)

189 wrap the nose January 11, 2012 at 12:50 am

congrats!!!

190 Krystle {Fierce|Fabulous|Fit} January 11, 2012 at 1:59 am

WOW!!! I’m pretty sure this is the first time I’ve read your blog. After Skinny Runner tweeted about your engagement earlier, I came over and started with the first post in this series on the race and proposal. This is AWESOME!! Congrats to you both!! One thing I find so beautiful about this is that he proposed while you were doing something you’re clearly so passionate about. So sweet!! Ill def be back!
Krystle {Fierce|Fabulous|Fit} recently posted..Fit Tuesday: Work Those ABS!!

191 Sarah January 11, 2012 at 6:36 am

Oh my gosh I loved reading this! Congratulations!!!!!
Sarah recently posted..Last Day of Vacay?!

192 Hope January 11, 2012 at 7:37 am

Aww!! So sweet!! Congrats Meghann!!!!!!! Let the planning begin! :)
Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Our Toasting Flutes & Cake Server…

193 JunieB January 11, 2012 at 8:12 am

As someone who sometimes snarks on your blog (GOMI) I have loved every minute of your recap of Ragnar AND of the proposal. I thought it was incredibly sweet and I liked how you wrote about it.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

194 Laurie January 11, 2012 at 8:47 am

That was so sweet!!!! Congrats again!!!

195 Samantha @ Bikini Birthday January 11, 2012 at 8:50 am

Awww… I’m so, so happy for you guys.

196 Madeline - Greens and Jeans January 11, 2012 at 8:51 am

We got engaged on the same day! Crazy! Congratulations to you guys! Let the wedding planning begin!
Madeline – Greens and Jeans recently posted..the story

197 Amanda January 11, 2012 at 8:57 am

What a beautiful story!!!! Congrats!!!
Amanda recently posted..The Cost of Living

198 Erin @ Big Girl Feats January 11, 2012 at 9:00 am

Congrats to you both!! This is such a sweet story – I love the surprise and the “I want to keep running with you.” So perfect!! Congrats :)

199 Laura @ My Pink Thumb January 11, 2012 at 9:04 am

Awww no joke – i literally just had to take a deep breath here at my desk so that the tears wouldn’t start flowing. What an awesome guy! Proposals like that when you’re a hot sweaty mess are the best!! I don’t know you two, but I couldn’t be happier for you two!! Wishing you both the very best! :)

200 diana@mymarblerye January 11, 2012 at 9:09 am

soo happy for you!!! You must explain the significance of the ring he picked out! Why not just diamonds? Would love to know! Love that he proposed to you at a race, something you love doing and not somewhere cheesy!
diana@mymarblerye recently posted..Sadly Random and Help!

201 Marisa E January 11, 2012 at 9:18 am

Awww- so cute!! He did good ;-) Congrats to you both and happy planning!!!

202 Rachel January 11, 2012 at 9:31 am

I’m so ridiculously happy for you! When my fiance proposed I had NO clue it was coming. In fact a couple weeks before I had pointed out some rings that I liked that were on sale (ya know, just in case) and he said “stop pressuring me!”

LOVE your engagement story! So excited to read about your wedding plans too!
Rachel recently posted..On to week 2!

203 Kier @ Life {and running} in Iowa January 11, 2012 at 9:41 am

Congratulations! What a great engagement story and memory. Have fun with wedding planning!!

204 Jessica January 11, 2012 at 9:54 am

Tears over your awesome story. Congrats!!!!

205 Caitlin C. January 11, 2012 at 10:23 am

WOO HOO! love the flashback pic and the explanation of how you guys met, I’d always wondered. The proposal pics are amazing. I want someone to be there at my proposal, I don’t care if it’s just me and my fiance and a photographer! hahaha congrats <3
Caitlin C. recently posted..First Restaurant Visit of 2012: La Petite France

206 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio January 11, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thanks for making me cry at work. Waterworks over here!
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Whole Living Detox Day 9: Wedding Wednesday

207 Stevie January 11, 2012 at 10:57 am

Congratulations!! What an awesome proposal!

208 Erin January 11, 2012 at 11:01 am

Congrats!!! Your last line made me cry!! Great proposal story.

209 mi-an d. January 11, 2012 at 11:01 am

this is sooo fricking awesome!!! love his “i wanna keep running with you. will you marry me??” congrats to you guys!!!

210 Emily January 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

Congratulations. I am incredibly happy for you and Derek!

I love your memory gets fuzzy and stuff about all the proposal. Mine was the same way, I honestly remember NOTHING about what J said to me or anything. And then I was in such shock I didn’t talk all day!
Emily recently posted..Up All Night

211 Leslie The Running Chasqui January 11, 2012 at 11:43 am

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being recently married (a year and half) you had in tears in NO TIME. CONGRATS a million times, enjoy and cherish every moment of your life together.

Remember, wedding planning is very stressful, just keep in mind that you are marring your best friend and nothing else matters.

212 Alison (Fueling for Fitness) January 11, 2012 at 12:21 pm

What a lovely story! Thank you for sharing and GREAT JOB, Derek! :)

213 Sally Kate January 11, 2012 at 12:22 pm

oh my gosh!! how sweet i LOVE this story!! i started tearing up when i read it!! congrats!! (isn’t is funny how reading someone’s blog makes you feel like that!!)

214 Theodora January 11, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I <3 this story! Congrats again!!

215 Gwen January 11, 2012 at 1:34 pm

SO fun! I’m wicked excited for you two! Congrats!
Gwen recently posted..Goals Should Be:

216 Katie G @ Just Roll With It January 11, 2012 at 1:46 pm

CONGRATS!!! I am holding back tears! Such a wonderful and thoughtful proposal, Go Derek! And I love the cryptic Facebook posts. When reading your post, I can totally relate, I got engaged in October and I felt the same thing…floating and almost out of body, not sure what’s going on, lol. I look forward to reading more about your future together, and wedding planning (which I am going through now). Exciting times!
Katie G @ Just Roll With It recently posted..A Little Seasoning Goes a Long Way

217 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 11, 2012 at 2:08 pm

This has got to be the most amazing, wonderful proposal story I have ever heard!!! And that you have the whole thing documented- amazing!!! I’m sure you’ve been letting it all sink in for the last few days- but it’s real!
Enjoy the next step: planning is definitely a fun journey!

218 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 11, 2012 at 2:51 pm

This made me tear up. Amazing story! Congrats!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..another adventure: philly

219 Lora @ Crazy Running Girl January 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Congrats!! I think surprise engagements are the best ones!!

220 Maggie January 11, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Congrats again! It’s such a great story and such a great proposal for you. I’ve been traveling for work all week but I keep trying to read your posts when I get a chance!
Maggie recently posted..A Surprise Trip to San Antonio

221 Kim @ Imperfectly Perfect January 11, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I got chills reading the last part of this. I love how Derek proposed. Congrats to you both!! You make a wonderful couple!

222 Georgia January 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Beautfiul! Congratulations to you both!
Georgia recently posted..‘A’ is for…avocado ice-cream

223 Sarah @ The Strength of Faith January 11, 2012 at 6:34 pm

So excited for you! I remember when my husband pulled out the ring (I also knew it was coming but did not expect it when it happened!) the first words out of my mouth were “Nooooo” – meaning, “No, I can’t believe this is happening!” not, “No, I don’t want to marry you.” I clarified. :)

Did I miss the videos? I thought you said something on twitter about there being videos!
Sarah @ The Strength of Faith recently posted..Done.

224 Alaina January 11, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Yep, I’m tearing up. This is so amazingly sweet!!! Congratulations to you both!!!
Alaina recently posted..Half at the Hamptons Training–Week 6 (and a Recipe)

225 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 11, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I know this is late but that is SO sweet! Congratulations!!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..What Caffeine Does – Jenna Marbles

226 Beth @ 990 Square January 11, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Congratulations!!
Beth @ 990 Square recently posted..Wordless Wednesday 1.11.2012

227 MarathonSweetheart January 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm

This is so incredibly sweet! I saw the video you just posted on YouTube. Best wishes to a happy forever after and marriage! xx
MarathonSweetheart recently posted..Photo: Were you too lazy yesterday?

228 Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style January 11, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Congratulations again..what a wonderful love story. I’m truly happy for you both. I can’t wait to hear about all of the wedding plans. Enjoy the engagement!
Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style recently posted..January Wish List – Top 3

229 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe January 12, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Legit tears in my eyes right now. And my eyes have been dry for a week because of surgery. Nicely done!

So I have to ask.. what song was on your iPod during the proposal?!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..Snow day! & the workout that wasn’t…

230 Cara Barone January 12, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I know I am the millionth person…but congratulations. You look so happy, he couldn’t have asked in a better way!!!

231 Jen January 12, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I am crying. You captured this moment so beautifully, Meghann. I am so happy for both of you. <3
Jen recently posted..In need of sleep

232 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 13, 2012 at 8:42 am

I’m completely late in reading this, but I wanted to wait to read it when I plenty of time to enjoy it! ;) Congratulations!! Enjoy every minute of this special time!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Whatcha Reading Weekend: The Hunger Games

233 Samantha January 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I always read your blog, though I will admit somewhat sporadically….but these three blogs on the proposal were so addicting and now I find myself heading over to your page a couple times a day. You got me hooked now. Also, the video killed me. So sweet. Congrats!!!!
Samantha recently posted..A Friday the 13th Project 365 Photo

234 Nicole January 14, 2012 at 9:13 pm

So so sweet! Congratulations to you both!!
Nicole recently posted..Farm Fresh Delivers

235 Christina January 16, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Congratulations! I have off and on read your blog for some time now. Your post brought tears to my eyes! What a special, sweet, and beautiful proposal. Proud that my fellow Noles found each other :)

236 lauren January 17, 2012 at 9:04 am

Bawling my eyes out right now. You guys are such an amazing couple, I wish you all the best.

237 Sarah @ Sarah Lynn Smile July 12, 2012 at 2:03 am

I just found your blog and just read all three Ragnar/Proposal posts. Love it! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
Sarah @ Sarah Lynn Smile recently posted..Meaningful Midweek