A Ragnar Relay Proposal: Part 1 – Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle

by Meghann on January 9, 2012

Wow. I’m not even sure where to begin.

What can you say about an incredible 200 mile Ragnar Relay Race that starts in Miami and ends in Key West with this…

No words.

Ok, I have a couple.

I’m not even sure I can do justice and convey all the emotions in this experience, but I’m going to try. ;)

Let’s back up.

This story really begins on Friday morning, 200 miles away at Zoo Miami, where our first exchange for our first legs of the Ragnar Relay began.

In case you missed it, here’s the short breakdown I gave of how the Ragnar Relay race works. Basically it’s an overnight 12 person, 200 mile relay race that starts at point A (Miami!) and runs to point B (Key West!). This was my first overnight relay race and I really have nothing but great things to say about how well organized both the Ragnar Relay organization and my team (We Ran With Your Mom Last Night) were leading up to the event and throughout the weekend. I couldn’t have planned a better experience if I tried!

Anyways, back to Miami.

Our team was split into two vans with the first 6 runners of our team in van 1 and the last 6 runners in van 2. Derek and I were the 10th and 12th runners of the group, so we were placed in van 2. The first van of our team stayed in Miami on Thursday night and left the starting line at 9:00am that morning. They had 30.9 miles to complete and were predicted to arrive at Zoo Miami for the 6th exchange at 1:20-ish.

We left the Tampa area bright and early Friday morning and arrived in Miami around 11:00. I had some yogurt and cereal on the road, as well as a large cup of iced coffee. Upon arrival we checked in with the race officials, collected our safety gear, bids, and race goodies and listened to a 15 minute safety presentation on the rules of the road.

Ragnar Relay is a self-policing race. If one team spies another team violating the rules, they’re duty would be to text a safety hotline with the team and violation.

The main safety points:

• Use reflective flags when crossing any roads along the course
  • Wear reflective gear between 4:30pm and 7:30am
  • No alcohol on the course

Luckily we never had to turn anyone in and we never got any word that we violated any rules. We were model citizens all weekend. Pinky swear.

The goodie bag was pretty impressive. It was full of extra tissue paper, coozies, Clif shot blocks, trash bags, temporary tattoos, and other random items that actually came in handy over the weekend. It was our emergency go-to pack the entire race.

There was also a box of free donuts for all vans. This was my first realization that this wasn’t going to be the best weekend for healthy eats. A Krispy Kreme donut, blue corn chips, carrots, hummus, and trail mix is the lunch of running champions, right?

My whole weekend of eats was all over the place. I tried to document all I could, but just note that there were random handfuls of trail mix, mini Clif bars, oatmeal cookies, and other nibbles that went undocumented for the blog. Ragnar = a LOT of snacking. :)

IMG_4861.JPG IMG_4862.jpg

Part of the fun with Ragnar Races is decorating the vans. Some vans were crazy and over-the-top (blinking lights, blow-up dolls/octopuses/monkeys/sharks, etc), but we kept it simple with classic window paint and slight sexually explicit phrases. You know, just keeping it real. ;)

IMG_4968.JPG IMG_4969.JPG IMG_4970.JPG IMG_4971.JPG

Van 2 of team ‘We Ran With Your Mom Last Night’, ready for action!

Derek, Me, Dana, Kerri, Jennifer, Nate

Did you say time to run? I thought you said time to dance!

Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle

IMG_4981.JPG IMG_4982.JPG IMG_4983.JPG IMG_4984.JPG

Ok, now we’re ready to run!

Jennifer was up first!

IMG_4994.jpg

Jim finished his first leg for van 1 and Jennifer was off in a flash.

IMG_4998.JPG IMG_4999.JPG IMG_5000.JPG

We collected some supplies from van 1

Holla!

And caught up with Jennifer at mile 2.5 of her 5 mile leg to deliver some supplies.

The sun was out and temps were rising. We passed her an ice cold water and told her we’d see her again in a couple of miles.

Nate was on deck next.

Runner 8, ready to go!

IMG_5012.jpg IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5017.JPG IMG_5018.JPG

Nate’s first leg was just over 3 miles. He requested no van support, so we navigated to the next exchange and Kerri prepped for her leg of the race.

IMG_5021.jpg

Runner 9 – GO!

IMG_5026.JPG IMG_5027.JPG IMG_5028.JPG

Way to go Nate! He was definitely the speed demon of our group.

Safety first when crossing the road!

Ragnar requires that when any runner is crossing any road on the course they have reflective flags with them. I looked forward to van support stops that required road crossing because, well, flags are fun. :)

Goooo Kerri!!

2 miles down, 2 more to go!

With Kerri kicking butt, Derek was next.

IMG_5044.jpg

His exchange was a little tricky. Only runners were allowed at the exchange point and the van and other team members were instructed to stay across the street and wait until runner #9 returned.

This was about as close as we got to knowing the exchange was being made.

Oh! Before I forget, I plan to do a complete review of the Ragnar Race as a whole, but I thought they did a fab job with porta potties. They may have not always contained toilet paper, but the porta potties were at every single exchange. With 36 exchanges spread over 200 miles, I’d say that’s pretty darn impressive!

Ok, back to the race!

Dana, a Ragnar veteran many times over, was on deck as our 11th runner.

IMG_5056.jpg

For someone who only ran 3 miles at a time, once a week in the month or so lead up to the this race, Derek held his own for all of his legs. Hell, he rocked it! Consistent sub-10min/mi the whole time. Go babe!

With his first leg done, Dana was off and running!

IMG_5065.JPG IMG_5066.JPG

Go Dana!

That meant I was up next!

Ragnar rules state that any runners running between 4:30pm and 7:30am must wear a reflective vest, head lamp, and blinking light on their rear for their entire leg. Any other team members standing outside of the van along the course between those hours are also required to wear vest for safety reasons.

Runner 12 – ready for action!

The exchange was easy. Dana came in with the snap bracelet (Ragnar’s version of a baton) already straight and ready to go.

A quick snap of the bracelet, a start of my Garmin, and I was off.

My first leg was 8.9 miles of gravel roads, paved side walks, and palm tree farms in what felt like the middle of no where. It was the longest of the first legs for van 2, but I think it was also the most quiet with no major roads or crosswalks to deal with.

Leg12RagnarKeyWest.png

Ragnar Relays aren’t serious races (at least they’re not for my team :)), but when you’re out there running, you can’t help but become a little competitive. When I learned the term ‘roadkill’ referenced how many other runners a runner passes on their legs (some teams kept tallies on their vans), I thought it would be fun to keep track on my own legs. There were about 500 teams out on the course but, since they were all spread out, it was unpredictable how many you would see at any give point.

Not even a half mile into my leg I passed a runner. 1 Roadkill. Shortly after that a fast runner passed me. -1 Roadkill. I passed another, another passed me and I think I ended up with a net of zero in total. Eh. So much for that.

Anyways, I requested support with water at mile 4, but at mile 2, I was wishing I would have asked for it a bit sooner. The water bottle I meant to bring with me for the first part of my leg was forgotten in the van and the big swarms of gnats I was running through really wasn’t helping.

Nate was my super hero and handed me a water bottle just when I needed him. He told me I was almost halfway and I had this. Nate definitely won for the van’s best cheerleader of the day. Serious. Rockstar.

I thought the next time I would see my team would be at the next exchange, but they surprised me at mile 6.

The run was beautiful. The sun was setting, weather was cooling down, and I was running a part of Miami I didn’t even know existed. Beautiful. But even with all that, it still felt great to be surprised with a little cheering support from teammates.

See you at the finish, my friends.

Something I didn’t even realize until the final minutes leading up to my legs, was just how my 8.9 miles would end. Just as the sun was setting and the sky was filled with beautiful hues of purple and pink, I entered the Miami Speedway for a final lap of the track before I handed off my bracelet.

I was warned the one lap of the track was long (1.75 mile-ish) and tedious after running right past the exchange point, but I loved it. When else am I going to be given an experience like this? I entered the speedway and just tried not to think about how long the track was and instead focused on how cool the experience was. I imagined the stands filled with fans. I imagined how much faster the race on this track was with cars than the pace I was running. And, I imagined my team waiting at the end. I sort of lost myself in the moment and just had fun.

And just like that, I finished my lap around the speedway, handed the Ragnar snap bracelet off to the first runner of van 1, and I was done with leg 1.

• Total distance: 8.9 miles
  • Time: 1:16:40
  • Pace: 8:40

I did a quick change in the van and our team headed straight to Chilis for real food (you can only take so many road snacks).

IMG_4866.JPG IMG_4869.JPG

We had about 6 hours to eat, sleep, and make it to the next major exchange point to wait for van 1. Derek and I were exhausted and crashed in the back of the van to try and get as much sleep as we could.

Little did I know that while I was running earlier, he was quietly planning his own surprise ending at the finish line. ;)

To be continued….

1 Caitlin C. January 9, 2012 at 9:41 am

Damn the suspense! Looks fun tho – love Chili’s fajitas for how customize-able they are! Great job on your run. Your running outfit is SO cute.
Caitlin C. recently posted..New Year’s Eve: The Homebody Edition

2 Megan @ Life As Megan Knows it January 9, 2012 at 9:41 am

the suspense!! Hopefully part 2 comes at lunch :-) Congrats!!
Megan @ Life As Megan Knows it recently posted..time management

3 Kate @Pastafreerunner January 9, 2012 at 9:43 am

Awesome recap for part 1.. now type faster! I can’t wait to read the rest!!
Kate @Pastafreerunner recently posted..In Case You Missed It

4 Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete January 9, 2012 at 9:44 am

Ahhh! I love the photos of my husband shaking his booty! :) This recap is great. More of a glimpse into these crazy trips than I usually get!
Callie @ The Wannabe Athlete recently posted..A Vacation in My Hometown

5 Krissy @ Shiawase Life January 9, 2012 at 9:45 am

Love the story telling so far, Meghann!!!!!
Krissy @ Shiawase Life recently posted..Just say cheese…cake!

6 Mary @ food and fun on the run January 9, 2012 at 9:46 am

I am totally loving this story!!! And I will confess – I’ve been waiting for this post since you announced the engagement Saturday. SO happy for you two :)
Mary @ food and fun on the run recently posted..Focus On You: Massage Therapy

7 Katy @ A Shot of Life January 9, 2012 at 9:49 am

ahhhhh don’t leave it hanging like that!!!!! great story so far, can’t wait to read the rest! ;-)
Katy @ A Shot of Life recently posted..Get a Hobby!

8 Homa January 9, 2012 at 9:51 am

The suspense!!!!! Excited to read more!!!!
Homa recently posted..Vegan and Allergen Free Carrot Ginger Cupcakes with Orange Buttercream Frosting Photos

9 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life January 9, 2012 at 9:51 am

Ahh so exciting! Is it wrong that I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to see the proposal only to realized that story is to come! Ha ha boo! :-) I then scrolled back up to check out the race! It looks like such an amazing experience! I can’t imagine how much fun it would be to get a really close group of friends to do it together since it seenms like you can be silly With no pressure. Definitely a memory for a lifetime!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Splish Splash

10 sarah January 9, 2012 at 9:54 am

PLEASE POST PART 2 IMMEDIATELY!

11 Heather January 9, 2012 at 9:56 am

AAHH can’t wait for more! I am running a 126 mile 6 girl relay from Baton Rouge to NOLA in February and trying to learn/read as much as possible!
Heather recently posted..Catch Up

12 Brittney January 9, 2012 at 9:57 am

Ahhh, can’t wait for the rest of the story! That race sounds so fun! Great job on your first leg!!

13 Alicia from Poise in Parma January 9, 2012 at 10:00 am

I have a group of runner friends planning to run one of these in PA later this year. I’m going to have to share your posts with them so they can plan accordingly. I think I’m going to be part of the crew or a back-up runner if needed.

…and congrats on your engagement! So happy for you both!
Alicia from Poise in Parma recently posted..GIVEAWAY: Stock Your Pantry with Whole Foods Market Cedar Center

14 Lauren S January 9, 2012 at 10:00 am

The suspense is killing me! We want part 2! Lol

15 Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat January 9, 2012 at 10:01 am

Ooh I like this recap!! I’m still smiling from the “Guess What!?!” post lol. And snap bracelets…. I LOVED those when I was little!
Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat recently posted..Milan Recap: Venturing out of the city

16 Tina @ Best Body Fitness January 9, 2012 at 10:01 am

To be continued??? Now that’s just mean. ;)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..The Thyroid Post

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 9, 2012 at 10:02 am

Ah, the suspense! I’m hoping part 2 comes at lunchtime and not tomorrow morning. You wouldn’t be that mean, would you?! ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Lessons in photography or, my incompetence

18 Danielle B January 9, 2012 at 10:05 am

Ahhh, more please! This is a great recap…

19 Sarah @ See Sarah Eat January 9, 2012 at 10:06 am

Yay, so happy for you! Can’t wait to read the next part :)
Sarah @ See Sarah Eat recently posted..Happy Herbivore, Round Two!

20 Melissa January 9, 2012 at 10:07 am

Dont leave us in suspense!

21 Dori January 9, 2012 at 10:07 am

I skimmed the post so I could make it to the end. But there’s a cliffhanger! Come on!
Dori recently posted..2011 DSB Year in Review

22 Kat @ Balance & Spice January 9, 2012 at 10:08 am

What an incredible adventure! It looks like such a fun day, and I can’t wait for part II!
Kat @ Balance & Spice recently posted..Mid-January Acts of Decisiveness

23 Lisa @ early morning run January 9, 2012 at 10:11 am

So exciting! Looks like a fun time and what a great ending! Can’t wait to read about it! Congrats!
Lisa @ early morning run recently posted..Mission for the Week: Stay on Track

24 Caitlin January 9, 2012 at 10:12 am

SO fun and cute.

25 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 9, 2012 at 10:14 am

Ah! Looks like such a fun race! I can’t wait for part 2 and the proposal! :D
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..2012 Walt Disney World Half-Marathon

26 Marisa E January 9, 2012 at 10:16 am

Awwww- come on!!! Don’t leave us hangin long……

27 deva @ deva by definition January 9, 2012 at 10:19 am

Loving the suspense!
deva @ deva by definition recently posted..A Decent Sound-Muffling Cocoon

28 Megan @ bump on a log learns to jog January 9, 2012 at 10:19 am

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see how it unfolds! I also got engaged in Key West last February and it was perfect. I would love to go back. I actually showed my fiance this race and told him we should do it next year!
Megan @ bump on a log learns to jog recently posted..Registering and Beef Tagine

29 Cait's Plate January 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

Such an amazing experience – for so SO many reasons!!
Cait’s Plate recently posted..The Sake of Variety

30 Heather @ Better With Veggies January 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

This looks like so much fun! Kirk and I have had Ragnar on our list for some time now, just haven’t figured out which one and when. Great story so far! =)
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..First Weekend Recap of 2012

31 abbi January 9, 2012 at 10:25 am

Can’t wait to read the rest…exciting for you for so many reasons. I’m with you on the road snacks – I ate terrible during the Ragnar I did!
abbi recently posted..Old Dog, New Tricks

32 Jillian @ Reshape Your Life January 9, 2012 at 10:25 am

AAH!! I need part 2 NOOOWW!! It’s so exciting to read about your awesome proposal!
Jillian @ Reshape Your Life recently posted..Juice Fast: Day 10!! The End!

33 jessica@domesticated-bliss January 9, 2012 at 10:25 am

I am loving this story! I was excited to read your Ragnar recap on it’s own, but to have an engagement story wrapped up in it too? Awesomeness!! So happy for your both!

34 Reenie January 9, 2012 at 10:30 am

Ahhhhhhhhh…….you left us hanging!!!! :o

35 Shelley January 9, 2012 at 10:37 am

Congrats on the engagement! This post wants me to do another Ragnar ASAP! So jealous!
Shelley recently posted..NYC Half Training: Week 1 Recap

36 Sneakers2Sandals January 9, 2012 at 10:39 am

I feel like I’m reading a movie script! I’m biting my nails in anticipation of the other posts! Ah!
Sneakers2Sandals recently posted..My First Race Recap!

37 Karolina January 9, 2012 at 10:41 am

The race sounds like so much fun, and it seems like your first leg was a really beautiful run! Your To be continued was placed perfectly, but I REALLY wish you had just kept writing. I’m so excited to hear how it all went down!

38 Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe January 9, 2012 at 10:43 am

Ahhhhhh that’s awesome!!! I have the same reflective vest as Dana now, just came in the mail and on Wednesday, it’ll be the first time i’m allowed to try it after my Lasik surgery! I can’t wait to read the rest of your recap…. the suspense is killing me!
Janine @ThePurpleGiraffe recently posted..I wear my sunglasses at night…

39 Cate January 9, 2012 at 10:46 am

This race relay sounds so cool – I want to do one! Can’t wait to read the rest! :)
Cate recently posted..A Look Back at 2011 and Looking Forward to 2012

40 Erin @ Big Girl Feats January 9, 2012 at 10:47 am

This is so awesome! I love that he proposed while you were doing something that you love. Congrats on the relay and the engagement!!
Erin @ Big Girl Feats recently posted..2 Years. (Or, The Tale of our Sappy Love Story).

41 Lee January 9, 2012 at 10:54 am

A cliffhanger! Can’t wait to hear the rest. Were the other team members in on it? Also, I did a relay in October (not Ragnar) and we also had slap bracelets. A fun blast from the past if you ask me.
Lee recently posted..Atlanta Underground Market

42 Emily January 9, 2012 at 10:54 am

This looks so fun! Congrats on leg #1!
Emily recently posted..Monday morning – Back at It!

43 colleen January 9, 2012 at 10:56 am

love the recap and want more please….like someone typed before me….”type faster”

44 Samantha January 9, 2012 at 10:58 am

I’ve been a reader for a long time (just creeping around and never commenting) and have been waiting for this proposal! I check your blog every Monday and wonder “Has Derek finally popped the question?!” This is creepy- but I actually teared up! So happy for you!

45 Marie January 9, 2012 at 11:01 am

Noooooooo!!!! The suspense; can’t wait to hear more! The race sounds like so much fun!

46 Brie January 9, 2012 at 11:04 am

I love that Derek proposed while wearing that ridiculous scarf.
Brie recently posted..Double WOD

47 Krystina (Organically Me) January 9, 2012 at 11:09 am

Too much running info, not enough engagement info! :p

48 Rebecca January 9, 2012 at 11:17 am

My dad did a Ragnar in our area the year before last. He couldn’t last year because he was still recovering from surgery, but he’s planning on doing this year’s. It’s in August. He does it with people from work. :) He asked me if I wanted to tag along and be a driver, haha. Probably not…
Rebecca recently posted..Longest. Service. Ever.

49 carissa January 9, 2012 at 11:22 am

Awesome! I would love to do Ragnar! and can we please get to the proposal post!!!! eeeeee!
carissa recently posted..It’s random

50 Lena @Fit on the Rocks January 9, 2012 at 11:23 am

That sounds like so much fun! I can’t wait to read part 2 with the proposal :)
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Long Run Sundays: Quit Playing Games

51 Cat @Breakfast to Bed January 9, 2012 at 11:25 am

Ok, Derek HAS to do a guest post about what was going through his head during the race leading up to the big q!!!
Cat @Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Comment on Caviar is a Choking Hazard by MizFit

52 theswanin.me January 9, 2012 at 11:28 am

Your already typing part two right?????? Those fat girls of us that live vicariously through you want to read the rest like right NOW! LOL Loved the pictures and totally feel like I was there with you. :)
theswanin.me recently posted..Going to the chapel and…

53 SkinnyRunner January 9, 2012 at 11:38 am

ah the suspense! im loving it!

54 Chelsey @ Chew With Your Mouth Open January 9, 2012 at 11:41 am

Awe! Proposal stories are sooo fun!

55 Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty January 9, 2012 at 11:44 am

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

I *can’t wait* for part 2.
Hemarie @ I Sweat Pretty recently posted..I Finished the 2012 Walt Disney World Marathon!

56 Karen @ Run Shop Travel January 9, 2012 at 11:55 am

Congrats to you both! Can’t wait to read part 2!
Karen @ Run Shop Travel recently posted..Getting Excited for Westchester

57 Allison January 9, 2012 at 11:56 am

GREAT story- thanks for sharing- you should totally write a book, love reading your posts [or stories]! Great job with your leg of the race and supporting your teammates… Ragnar races sound like so much fun :D
Allison recently posted..Sore Throat, Tasty Eats

58 Aly January 9, 2012 at 11:59 am

Congratulations! Can’t wait to hear part two – you’ve left us in suspense :).
Aly recently posted..I never look this good at the…

59 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife January 9, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Gotta love the suspense!!!

Such a fun story–thanks for writing it all out :) SO happy for you!!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..No Equipment Needed Workout

60 sara January 9, 2012 at 12:38 pm

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I’ve been reading your blog for nearly a year now and both it and YOU have been constant sources of inspiration for me (as I lost 70 pounds and started running last year!) and i’m SO HAPY for both you and Derek! It’s going to be total torture waiting for each installment of this story!

PS. I’ll actually be down in your state visiting friends in Tampa and running a 5k in St. Petersburg this coming weekend! Have you ever participated in the St. Beach Classic? I remember reading about your Gasparilla experiences, which is on my running bucket list for 2013 – my mom will be living down in Bradenton by then!
sara recently posted..say it do it – the "am i in florida yet??" edition!

61 Krissy January 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm

NOooooooo…..don’t leave us hanging!!! Sounds soooooo fun! I want to do this! Love your outfit. Can’t wait to hear the rest!

62 Caroline January 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

AGH! I was so engaged in your story and then came to the end. Way to leave us all hanging and wanting more. The race sounds like a really great time, and I’d love to do one some day!
Caroline recently posted..A Big Announcement!

63 Ashley January 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Ahhh! The suspense! Anxiously awaiting part 2!

64 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 9, 2012 at 1:24 pm

AHHHHH I can’t wait to hear the end!!!! and that run looked beautiful!!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Adventures in Manitou Springs

65 Lori January 9, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Sounds like a great time! I had a friend run Ragnar over the weekend too. I love your running skirt!

66 Gwen January 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm

A cliff hanger?! <3
Gwen recently posted..Goals Should Be:

67 Corey @ Learning Patience January 9, 2012 at 1:28 pm

AWESOME….i think Im going to LOVE how this ends…. :-)

xoxo from Trinidad
Corey @ Learning Patience recently posted..Guest Post ~ Paris to Tahiti

68 Hilary January 9, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I’ve never done a realay before but they sound so fun…can’t wait to hear how it ends!
Hilary recently posted..One year ago today….

69 Amelia January 9, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Congratulations!!! The race sounds so fun, but I can’t wait to read the recap of the proposal! :)
Amelia recently posted..Amelia: Run in the Streets

70 Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning January 9, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Um, I’ve driven from Miami to Key West… wow.
But, I want to do this race! It looks like SO much fun! Love the team name too!
And yes- as everyone said- THE SUSPENSE! Way to leave a cliff-hanger…
A friend of mine proposed to his (now fiancee) at the end of the WDW Marathon that they ran together- so awesome!
I’m going to Florida to visit my in-laws this weekend (they live north of Tampa). So excited for some warmer weather!!
Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning recently posted..What my weekends are like

71 Kelly January 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm

How exciting!!! so happy for you!!! I have a group of friends who also ran this same Ragnar this weekend (team Data Driven) I admire the effort SO much!!

72 Megan @ Newly Wife January 9, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Yay!! So exciting! I can’t wait to hear the rest! :)
Megan @ Newly Wife recently posted..Mondays Come Too Quickly

73 Chelsea January 9, 2012 at 2:00 pm

The suspense of the next post! Ahh a race like that just seems like such a blast!

74 Kristen @ The Concrete Runner January 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Seriously girl. You. Are. KILLING. Me! But, gawd, I’m so happy for you! Can’t wait to hear the rest! :)
Kristen @ The Concrete Runner recently posted..ending on a high note

75 s January 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm

ahh!! i loved reading this. can’t wait for part 2!

76 Katie @ Livehalffull January 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Ahhh, the suspense is killing me! Good thing I already know the ending. :)

77 Lauren January 9, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Congratulations on your engagement!

I am ready for Part 2 now please!!!

78 kathleen @ fittitudefreedom January 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm

It looks like you had a blast at the Ragnar Relays and Congratulations to your team for finishing the long journey. I have always wanted to do Hood to Coast but will add Ragnar on my list of races/relays to do. Gotta love that wore one of my favorite Lulu skirts for the event. Take your time to enjoy the moments of your engagement. You know we all want to hear about part II or the actual proposal story… but first things first put that computer and turn your phone off, drink some champagne and celebrate!

79 Anne P January 9, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Ahhhh the suspense!!! :)
Anne P recently posted..Braised Chicken with Potatoes, Lentils, Fennel, and Kale

80 Axel January 9, 2012 at 3:13 pm

More! More! (Can I say congratulations yet, or should I wait for that part of the story?)
Axel recently posted..LinkoRama

81 Christie January 9, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Urghh…how are you going to stop us there… Dang you! :) I love your running skirt, where did you get that! It is adorable.
Christie recently posted..Motivational Monday

82 Mandy January 9, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Um, are you listening to your ipod during his proposal?

83 Heather @ Run Eat Play January 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Sounds like such an awesome race and an experience of a lifetime! I can’t wait to read the rest of the story!
Heather @ Run Eat Play recently posted..There’s a Passion in my Yogurt

84 RunEatRepeat January 9, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Meghann!!!! Tell us the whole story asap!!!

85 melissa (fitnessnyc) January 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm

You’re killing me…waiting with baited breath for more! :)
melissa (fitnessnyc) recently posted..Not a Bad Start

86 The Ragnar Relay Series January 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Thanks for such a fabulous recap! Super fun to read!
The Ragnar Relay Series recently posted..Congratulations Florida Keys Runners! Results are posted now on the Teams & Res…

87 erica January 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm

omg such the cliffhanger!!!! post part 2! i can’t take it!
erica recently posted..clean out my car…check!

88 Army Amy* January 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm

This race looks so cool! I’m dying for part two!*
Army Amy* recently posted..Frigid 10k Race Recap

89 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Looks like the first part was so much fun! Like a road trip with running. Can’t wait to read the rest!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up

90 Kristen @ notsodomesticated January 9, 2012 at 8:02 pm

To be continued??? You can’t leave us hanging like this!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The next big thing.

91 Megan January 9, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Congratulations to you both (on the relay AND the engagement)!!! Can’t wait for part II!
Megan recently posted..What a weekend!

92 Emily @LivingLongfellow January 9, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Congratulations!! What an amazing proposal!!! I ran Ragnar a few years ago and loved it :)
Emily @LivingLongfellow recently posted..Silver Lining Monday

93 Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style January 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Oh my goodness…I can’t wait to hear part II. The suspense is killing me. Congrats again!
Natasha @ Moody Girl in Style recently posted..January Wish List – Top 3

94 Casey @ OatsAndNanners January 9, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I know we’re all waiting to hear how the question was popped, but I’m seriously loving the race recap! I’ve been researching the Ragnar Relays since summer and I’m glad it’s as amazing as it sounds — definitely see this in my future! AND CONGRATS AGAIN!
Casey @ OatsAndNanners recently posted..Run, Food, Hike, Food!

95 Kathy January 10, 2012 at 7:42 am

This is like a great book with pictures. Love your photos…I feel like I am right there with you!! THanks for taking the time to post all of this for us.

I mean I am sure you want the memory …since you did get engaged …(;-) but, I love that you are letting us come along too…can’t wait for the next post!!
Kathy recently posted..So productive lately…

96 Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes January 10, 2012 at 7:43 am

Number one…WHERE IS PART TWO????!!!????
Number two…I want to run in a relay!!!!!!!!

Congratulations AGAIN!!!!
Happy Engagement :)
Gina @ Will Run for Cupcakes recently posted..Oh, Britney Spears

97 Sara @my less serious life January 10, 2012 at 7:43 am

congratulations!

98 Lynda @ Hit The Road Jane January 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm

aaaa the suspense!! Hurry up and post the last part :) :)

99 Stephanie @ Afitbliss.com January 10, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Love the suspense!!! So happy for you two ! Congrats :)

100 Emily January 11, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Congrats! So cute! We got engaged in Key West…after my hubby ran the keys 50 ultramarathon haha what a perfect way to get engaged huh? ;)
Emily recently posted..Some Stats

101 Nicole January 14, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Wow, this is such a great post! The race looks like so much fun!
Nicole recently posted..Farm Fresh Delivers

102 Kurt Saberg April 2, 2013 at 9:29 am

Where’s part 2??

The suspense is killing me!!

I figured the surprise ending but it would be fun to hear the rest of the story.