more ยป" />

Ringing in 2012

by Meghann on January 1, 2012

Happy New Year from my family to yours!!!

xoxo

My last meal of 2011 (split pea soup, cornbread, and harvest seasonal Blue Moon)

My last piece of chocolate cake with homemade cream cheese icing of 2011.

My last visit to a bar in 2011.

My last Shock Top of 2011.

My last funny hat of 2011.

My last shameless self portraits of 2011.

IMG_4114.jpg IMG_4115.jpg

Our last fireworks of 2011.

IMG_4138.jpg IMG_4140.jpg

The last time I tell the boys to try and not kill themselves in 2011.

Our last toast to 2011.

IMG_4146.jpg IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg IMG_4149.jpg

The final countdown of 2011.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I wouldn’t want to ring in the New Year any other way. :)

How did you ring in 2012?

1 Krissy - Shiawase Life January 1, 2012 at 9:39 am

Happy New Year, Meghann!!

We watched Dexter and ate ice cream :D

2 Hillary January 1, 2012 at 9:46 am

Looks like a great time! My boyfriend and I had dinner, and then watched Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper, on the couch, in our sweatpants. Call me lame, but I couldn’t have asked for a better way to ring in the new year!

3 Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 1, 2012 at 9:50 am

Happy New Year!! Hope 2012 is fabulous for you :)

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 1, 2012 at 10:01 am

Happy New Year!! We ended up going into Chicago last night for dinner at Weber Grill and then went to Navy Pier to watch fireworks. THe Husband and I did that with friends on our first new years together way back in 2005, so it was fun to go again!

5 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 1, 2012 at 10:23 am

Sounds like a great new years! I hope you had fun! I am in NC visiting a friend and we spent new years “bar hopping” between two of the three bars in her small town! Haha great experience!

6 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen January 1, 2012 at 10:27 am

Looks like a great family filled night! We celebrated with our friends and their 4 yr old who was a hyper lunatic the whole night b/c she was so excited to be up way past her bedtime. It was cute :)

7 Diana @ Sneakers2Sandals January 1, 2012 at 10:33 am

WOOO New Years! Looks like you had a lot of good ‘lasts’!

8 Courtney January 1, 2012 at 10:42 am

Happy new year! Looks like you had tons of fun! :D

9 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio January 1, 2012 at 11:55 am

What a great evening! Happy new year!

10 Kate January 1, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Aw, that’s cute that you celebrate with my parents! I would love to but my parents go to parties every year while I usually stay at home, haha.

11 Christine @ BookishlyB January 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I made cookies and laid around and watched episodes of Chuck with the husband and dogs. I just wasn’t feeling like going out- things have been so busy and jam-packed the last three months!

12 Jordan January 1, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Hi Meghann,
We spent the evening with our close friends as well :) And today I have decided to follow your lead and start my own blog to share my life. Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy New Years!

13 Angela @ Happy Fit Mama January 1, 2012 at 1:22 pm

We ordered Chinese take out and watched hockey. Asleep in bed by 10. Boring but what we wanted. The thought of going out and staying up late just wasn’t happening this year. Looks like you had fun. Happy New Year!

14 Deva @ Deva by Definition January 1, 2012 at 2:03 pm

We went out for dinner, watched two episodes of “Rome,” and walked downtown to see the fireworks over Fountain Square. This was the first NYE that we’ve gone out and we loved it.

15 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath January 1, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I love your “funny hat.” Haha….Looks like you had a great New Year’s Eve! Happy New Year! :)

16 Emily January 1, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Happy New Year! Looks like you guys had a great evening! Let’s get rolling with 2012!

17 Sara@RunningInPinkProject January 1, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Since my husband is headed back to Tampa in just a couple of days we didnt want to waste a single second dodging traffic or fighting crowds. We made an awesome steak dinner at home, had some really good wine, watched silly movies in our jammies and just hung out. It was fun. Happy New Year!!!

18 Army Amy* January 1, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Those fireworks looks hardcore! I guess it’s ok since everyone appears to still have all their fingers and eyes and eyebrows. Happy New Year!*

19 Britt @ Run with Britt January 1, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Happy New Year! My sister and I threw my Mom a giant New Years/50th birthday party to bring in 2012. It was a blast. I’m usually such a grandma that it felt great to stay up until 2 AM!

20 theswanin.me January 1, 2012 at 6:49 pm

MMMMM Chinese sounds really yummmy!

Spent the day with my boys and hubby then to my bro’s for the evening. I wish I had remembered to take pictures of the spread that he had made for everyone. Rang in the new year with my WIDE awake kids, (3yr and 6 yr – eh they slept in today LOL) hubbers, hubby’s best friend, and my brother of course. We were joking about how in 7 days and about 2 hours hubby and his best would be waking up to go run the WDW Marathon.

21 Heather January 1, 2012 at 8:12 pm

fun! we were at my parents house, and we fell asleep before midnight. oops!

22 Christina January 3, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I love this post and all your pics!

My hubby and I spent the evening playing computer games and had Dick Clark’s Rockin New Years Eve on in the background… However we did pause for the big countdown and had a nice moment of sharing a kiss and dancing to the music in our pjs.

Happy New Year!