It’s Christmas Time!

by Meghann on December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

IMG_3965.jpg

Maddie says “Time to get up! It’s Christmas morning!!”

She was NOT letting us sleep in this morning. Maddie had the whole house up just before 7:00am, which actually isn’t bad considering we used to have my parents up at 4:00am back in the day. Yep, we were those kids.

IMG_3967.JPG IMG_3968.JPG

IMG_4447.jpg

We took our time opening presents. We did one person at a time, one present at a time. As a kid this method would have drove me crazy, but I loved watching everyone’s reactions as they opened each present and the pure joy that took over. Santa was very good this year. πŸ™‚

IMG_4401.JPG IMG_4404.JPG

Now Derek will stop stealing my pillows. πŸ˜›

IMG_4412.JPG IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4418.JPG IMG_4422.jpg

Yonanas!!!! Derek knows me well. πŸ™‚

After we wrapped up with presents, my Dad got to work in the kitchen preparing a christmas breakfast fit for a king.

I loaded my plate up with scrambled eggs, fruit salad, sausage gravy, biscuit, and ham. Leftovers at their finest. πŸ™‚

We Skyped with my brother in Los Angeles as he opened presents with his girlfriend out in L.A, then had a quick phone chat with my brother in Maryland before packing up and hitting the road. The drive from Titusville to Tampa was quick and easy. There was hardly any traffic and Derek and I made record time going coast to coast.

We dropped our stuff off at home and headed straight to Derek’s parents place for Christmas morning part II.

IMG_4478.jpg

The fam.

Derek’s mom set out some shrimp and cocktail sauce to nibble on as we chatted about Christmas pasts. I was promised embarrassing home videos in the near future. πŸ™‚

IMG_4459.JPG IMG_4461.JPG

I’m a little obsessed with Derek’s mom’s Christmas china. The little trees are adorable and so festive!

Ready to chow down!

Christmas feast #??

I’m not complaining. πŸ˜‰ I’m getting my fill as long as people keep serving me. Everything was delicious!

More presents!

I told you Santa was good this year! Derek and I are very lucky to have so many thoughtful loved ones in our lives.

And after all that was said and done, we ended our night at Derek’s brother’s place, where I ate three German Chocolate Cookies and enjoyed every last morsel.

I’m not sure how she made them, but they were amazing. I had to simply walk away from the plate to stop myself from eating more. So. Good.

This has been an incredible Christmas weekend filled with so much family and love. It was a busy weekend, but a great weekend. <3

I hope there was just as much love and joy where you were. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 25, 2011 at 9:41 pm

How fun!! I personally indulged in plenty of good eats this holiday … buffalo chicken dip, veggie pizzas, ham, mashed potatoes, M&M cookies, pumpkin whoppie pies, Buckeyes … the list goes on and on! But it was worth it!! πŸ™‚

Glad you had such a nice holiday!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..An easy side dish and a blogger meet-up!

2 Itecblogger December 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Every year I so enjoy hearing about all your holiday fun. My family doesn’t really celebrate so I live vicariously through you. All the decorated Christmas trees are so gorgeous. Happy holidays!

3 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It December 25, 2011 at 9:55 pm

looks like a fabulous time! and those cookies..wow! you look so pretty in that dress meghann! happy holidays!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat It recently posted..Merry Christmas!

4 Sana December 25, 2011 at 9:58 pm

πŸ™‚ Everyone is so blessed! You look so cute with the “in-laws”!
Sana recently posted..Santa’s Helper

5 wymberley December 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I never stop comparing the differences between my family and my husbands. I saw the plates of food at the two houses and could not help but think how yours compare.
wymberley recently posted..Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments and A Little Christmas Deer

6 SkinnyRunner December 25, 2011 at 11:14 pm

you stopped at 3 cookies? good for you. i grabbed 3 in one of many trips past the kitchen today.
SkinnyRunner recently posted..My gift to you…

7 Elisabeth December 26, 2011 at 5:40 am

Looks like the perfect holiday spent with family πŸ™‚ I had a very nice, relaxing holiday spent with my mom in the morning and the rest of our family in the evening for the annual turkey dinner at my great aunt’s house. (with a little sleep in between the two events – I worked 3rd shift Christmas Eve night)

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More December 26, 2011 at 8:22 am

Looks like a great holiday – Merry Christmas! πŸ™‚
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday

9 Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife December 26, 2011 at 8:55 am

Merry Christmas!!Looks fun!
Annette @ EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Happy Healthy Holidays

10 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats December 26, 2011 at 9:44 am

your parents allowed you to get up at 4am?!?!? No way my parents would be having that, we had to wait until 8, and then 9 as we got older. Glad you had a great Christmas!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Avis’s Cinnamon Rolls

11 Mary December 26, 2011 at 9:57 am

Love that Five Bamboo dress! I bought it with the discount you posted after the one I ordered through Open Sky never shipped. It arrived on Dec 23 and I wore it on Christmas Eve. So comfortable!

12 Katie December 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I thought you were allergic to bananas…does yonanas work as well for other stuff?

13 Meghann December 26, 2011 at 10:27 pm

You can use more than frozen bananas. I watched a demo with frozen mango that sold me on the machine – I can’t wait to try it!

14 Anna-Marie @ Beauty and the Beets December 26, 2011 at 10:14 pm